You may think that handling your own home interior demolition will save money during a remodeling project. But consider these 7 things before you begin demo.
Get matched with top home builders in Shreveport, LA
There are 3 highly-rated local home builders.
Matching on Angi
Recent Home Builder Reviews in Shreveport
- Ashleys Building & ConstructionWe love people who "go the extra mile." With Ashley's Building & Construction Co. and owner Adam Willard you DEFINITELY get that kind of contractor. If you want a job done and done right Adam and Ashley's Building is what you want. Remodeling a kitchen is a common occurence, so what makes Ashley's stand taller than others? With a house over 110 years old we have come to expect the unexpected and HAD to have someone we trusted to do the job right. From floors that were 3 1/2 inches lower at the walls than the middle ofthe room, to not being able to match trim on existing cabinets, to a hidden wall complication, to floor joists and footings that would not support adequate weight, Adam's industry knowledge and construction solution experience proved a stoke of genius. Adam handles it well with patience and confidence, communicated exceptionally well, and handled everything with patience and confidence. FOR EVERY CHALLENGE HE FOUND A SOLUTION. Every person and sub he sent to the job were the epitome of professional competency and customer communication. The vendors he recommended for appliances were attentive and helpful. He picks great suppliers and subs and expects them to provide excellent, warm, responsive service and work. We got a fantastic job that looks great and was DONE RIGHT on a complicated project where the trustworthiness and competency of the builder was critical. Adam takes responsibility for the entire project and insists that all subs work to his standards. Our job will last because it was done correctly. So, we got a fantastic job that exceeded expectations, done by a totally trustworthy contractor who sets high standards and leads by example with his competency, creativity, problem solving ability and project management skills. A smile comes to our face everytime we enter our wonderful kitchen!! ASHLEY'S BUILDING WILL BE DOING ALL OF OUR WORK IN THE FUTURE!!! Louis and Judy Covingto
- FEDERAL CONSTRUCTION SPECS INCI can't say enough how much I like this company! From the work they did to dealing with the staff, this is hands down one of the best construction companies around! We had a tree fall on our house during a wind storm, which damaged our carport and laundry room. We talked with 4 different contractors over a period of about a month, before we finally discovered this company. The other contractors gave us a bad feeling, and all they wanted to know was how much money we were getting from insurance. We spoke with Chase from Federal, and knew within that first meeting we had found the right company for the job! They walked us through everything step by step, and were transparent about every aspect of what was going on. Needless to say, we were pleased with the final results! Highly recommend this company
- Larry McCall Custom HomesI've bought 4 homes in my lifetime, none, and I mean none, have had the level of detail, craftsmanship and care that Larry McCall puts into his homes. My home was already built when I purchased it, but the care his team put into building it was very evident from the first walk through. I only had two problems during the warrenty period both of which were very, very minor. Larry had them fixed within the week and has always been very accomodating during the last year. If you are building a house in the Benton/Shreveport/Bossier City areas, I promise you great service from McCall Builders
- Ashleys Building & ConstructionI contacted Ashley's Building for a quote on remodeling my only bathroom in the house (built in 1955). Adam came over the next day and inspected the room to determine what would be required for the remodel. He asked me and my wife to visit the vendors and pick out a tub, fixtures, and marble; which we did within the next couple of days as our schedules permitted. Based on the materials we chose, Adam was able to provide a bid quickly and we accepted. Adam and the sub-contractors were professional in every way and worked quickly given the situation we were in - not having another tub/shower in the house. Adam stayed involved in every step of the process and the job was completed in about a week despite a few setbacks given the age of the house (and how many remodels don't have some sort of setback?) If it wasn't for Adam and his experience and professionalism, I truly don't feel the job would have been completed as quickly, especially with a less experienced or engaged contractor. Remember that a good contractor is one that KNOWS what they are doing and RESPECTS the homeowner. I never felt like I needed to oversee the work being done as Adam came highly recommended and he appeared to treat the job as if it were for his own house. Adam is very particular about the work he does (and his subs) and will not accept anything less than perfect. My wife and I are extremely pleased with, not only the final product, but the process from beginning to end. I look forward to having Adam and his crew back out to the house for my next project. If you want something done right, don't do it yourself . . . call Ashley's Building
- Bloomfield Homes LPThe sales rep was very knowledgeable , professional , and friendly. I knew I would like working with them. You get a lot for the money compared to other builders.
- Ashleys Building & ConstructionAfter three years of marriage, my wife and I were at the point in our lives where we were ready to build a house and expand our family. We had several friends build houses and some of them told us horror stories about the contractor they used and the building process in general. They told us "it just about cost them their marriage" or "they just about went broke because of cost overruns." At this point, our main goal was to find a contractor that we could trust and hope we could avoid some of the bad experiences our friends had told us about. After meeting with several contractors and reviewing the quality of some of their work we decided upon Adam Willard with Ashley's Building. Adam was our general contractor for the entire build and we could not have been any happier. Through the entire process we always felt that Adam was being honest and up front with us about what was happening as far as the time schedule, cost, and any problems that arose during the build. Adam treated our project as if he was building the house for himself. My wife and I can not say enough about Adam's honesty and integrity. In todays world those qualities are hard to find in the building industry. My wife and I would highly recommend Adam and Ashley's Building to anyone in need of a remodel or complete house build
- Bloomfield Homes LPThey are excellent. They seem to have good prices and are amiable to talk with. They were reasonably priced. The salesman was very amiable and I thought you got more houses for the money than any other builder that I have dealt with. I would consider them in the future or buy a house from them.
- Lone Oak HomesThey were really good to work with. They give you their cell numbers in case we have any issues with the house and they would come right out.
- Driven Nail ConstructionWow!!! That's all I can say about these guys. We are in the process of doing this project and I can only say it has been wonderful. I have looked for someone to pour a simple patio in my backyard, and needless to say, it had been a nightmare. Upon meeting Mr. Beverage and Mr. Burnside, I had basically been stolen from by another contractor. (took 1/2 payment and never provided services and now can not be found and has not return the money.) I began by explaining my situation to Mr. Beverage. Before I could finish explaining what my wife and I want, he offered to complete the job for only the remaining 1/2 of what the first contractor had quoted me. The "WOW' factor had just began. I told Mr. Beverage I had no intention of allowing the previous contractor's dishonesty to effect my expectation of what it would cost to have the project done correctly. I asked him to price the job fairly and I would pay him that to do the job. I also inquired about the length of time it would be before they could start the job. Mr. Beverage contacted his brother, Mr. Burnside, and determined they could start within 4 days. The following morning, I received a call from Mr. Burnside requesting to start immediately. They had the crew out to the house within an hour and were started. The first day was spent correcting the mess the first contractor had made in his 2 hours of work he did. The night after the first day, we got an unexpected thunderstorm. Instead of an patio, we looked to be getting a 'swimming pool'. I fully expected them to wait until the ground had dried. Not these guys, they had there crew out first thing in the morning, removing the water by hand. They had to remove a sprinkler head and cap the flow of water in the middle of the mud 'slop'. It was a mess to say the least, but they were determined to provide a TOP NOTCH job. They worked all day to get the job finished as promised. It turned out WONDERFUL!!! I want to clear up the facts: 1. I am of no relation to either brother. 2. I have never meet either brother prior to doing this project. 3. I am not being paid anything to write this review!!!!. I am being provided this type of service, because I happen to meet 2 extraordinary individuals who know how to treat people and believe that the service provided is more important than the profit made. I have worked in sales for the past 15 years and I know profit is important to all business owners. The problem is most business owners put profit before customer satisfaction. These two guys have the formula figured out correctly. I know my first and only call will be to Chuck and Brandon for any other home construction or home fixes I need going forward. Congratulation on a job well done!!! Thanks for your help in fixing a really tough situation
- Randy Jordan Construction Company, LLCThe workers were prompt, clean, courteous and completed the job quickly. Prior to this his company provided services which corrected badly installed replacement French door in the back of my house. I was very pleased.
Last update on April 12, 2015
House Builders in Shreveport
Explore our Solution Center for helpful home builder articles
Your local building department keeps an eye on the homes in your area. Ensure you're living in a safe and up-to-code space by obtaining a certificate of occupancy. Learn more about one here.
Some roofing issues can be resolved with a simple repair, while others require a full roof replacement. One provider explains how to tell the difference.
Find home builders in
- Bossier City,
- Red Chute,
- Elm Grove,
- Oil City,
- Plain Dealing,
- Cotton Valley,
home builders in Shreveport
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- Blue Tide Exteriors LLC1780 E Bert Kouns Industrial Loop
Shreveport, Louisiana 71105
- D&E Ventures LLC3634 Youree Dr
Shreveport, Louisiana 71105
- E & L Development1701 N Market
Shreveport, Louisiana 71107
- FEDERAL CONSTRUCTION SPECS INC4650 GREENWOOD RD
Shreveport, Louisiana 71109
- HANDLE-IT CONSTRUCTIONPO Box 3842
Shreveport, Louisiana 71133
- Harkey Homes / Rutherford Painting328 Ellerbe Ridge Dr
Shreveport, Louisiana 71106
- JEB Design/Build, LLC1220 Pierremont Road
Shreveport, Louisiana 71106
- Pierce Inc5618 Work Ave
Shreveport, Louisiana 71108
- Red River Remodelers818 Montrose Dr.
Shreveport, Louisiana 71106
- Richardson Masonary & Contruction Inc6846 Woolworth Rd
Shreveport, Louisiana 71129
- Royal Contractors of LA, LLC905 Francais Drive, Suite 4A
Shreveport, Louisiana 71118
- SOUTHERN HOME BUILDERS7330 FERN AVE 102
Shreveport, Louisiana 71105
- Blue Tide Exteriors LLC
- Bell Mechanical Services LLC11711 Sun Belt Ct
Baton Rouge, Louisiana 70809
- Bell Mechanical Services LLC
- Environmental Testing & Research Laboratories, Inc60 Elm Hill Ave. Suite 1
Leominster, Massachusetts 01453
- Environmental Testing & Research Laboratories, Inc
- Gemco Building Systems3246 stage coach rd
Keithville, Louisiana 71047
- Gemco Building Systems
- international style construction inc.6058 F.M 9 South
Waskom, Texas 75692
- international style construction inc.
- Kodiak Steel Homes1015 W 2nd St
Little Rock, Arkansas 72201
- Kodiak Steel Homes
- Lee's Custom Trim2000 Old Mindon Road
Bossier City, Louisiana 71111
- Lee's Custom Trim
- Strafford Window Manufacturing, Inc.168 Roller Coaster Road
Strafford, New Hampshire 03884
- Strafford Window Manufacturing, Inc.