You probably haven’t spent much time thinking about bleach or refrigerated food while getting ready to move, but neither should get packed in your moving truck. Learn about this and other tips for what not to pack when you move.
Get matched with top moving companies in Lafayette, LA
There are 12 highly-rated local moving companies.
Recent Movers Reviews in Lafayette
- Thankful MoversIt was outstanding! The gentleman were prompt, professional, courteous, considerate, thoughtful, quick, careful, and very reasonably priced. They made moving easy and pleasant. I cannot recommend them highly enough.
- Isaac's Moving & StorageMy move coordinator, Robert Arrowsmith, was amazing. Isaac's subcontracted to Shleppers Movers for the move from Long Island City. 3 movers showed up and were packed everything that hadn't been packed. They were courteous and effiicient. Movers from Isaac's delivered the furniture and were very efficient and professional. Most importantly, movers showed up when they were expected both on the front and back ends. I highly recommend Isaacs
- King Moving Company, LLCThis is the easy part......Mr. King personally came out and talked to me about the move. He went through the house and garage to look at what sized trailer would be needed. He explained everything in easy to understand detail. I had gotten rid of several items so they came back out to look again, and this time he sent the crew lead who would be in charge of my move. Super nice people. When they arrived on the 13th, everything was loaded and secured in the trailer within 2.5 hours by a crew of 5. The load was delivered on the 15th to our new address in lower Louisiana. These guys drove 8 hours (2 in this crew), unloaded the trailer in 2 hours, and headed back all in the same day. There was NOTHING damaged or missing. I can't speak highly enough of this company, crew, and owner. This was by far the least stressful move I've ever made. My hats off to these guys who have a very difficult job. The moving crew is the best I've had. Thank you Mr. King and Staff for making this move so easy AND very inexpensive compared to so many others
- All American Spirit MovingI selected this company based on the good reviews I read on Angie's List and it proved to be a very wise decision. I had a very courteous and helpful face to face meeting with the company owner.; He came to my home, explained everything in detail and gave me an estimate for the move. A date was set and on that day the workmen came promptly. I explained that I would like to move as quickly as possible so that everything could be finished before I had to return to Louisiana. Mr. Albertson, the owner, worked to make that happen. I was so pleased with the careful attention the men gave to the job of packing. They worked quietly, quickly and efficiently and my belongings were handled with the kind of care I would have given to each item had I been doing the packing myself. I have had occasion to move cross country several times using other companies and have never had as good an experience as this. I cannot praise this company highly enough and would definitely recommend them to anyone. National was the company with which they contracted to send my belongings cross country. National provided excellent service; they arrived on time and everything that was moved arrived in excellent condition. Thumbs Up for this company
- Abba MoversPack and move is a tough assignment, especially when it is 100-degrees in the shade. The Abba moving team did a fine job packing up, then moving everything 775 miles, a.nd unpacking. They were a friendly, and hard-working bunch. The owner, Nick Marquette was always available via phone and email, and was always prompt in answering questions. Could not have asked for more. Would use them again, and recommend them without reservation
- Abba MoversThese guys WORK. They were friendly, professional, and did not stop until the job was done, despite the August heat.
- Abba MoversI was very satisfied. They worked continuously and worked hard. They went off the clock for lunch. We were very pleased with the service. They were a little late, about 30 minutes, but they did call to let us know.
- Northshore Moving CoWith a new baby and a new job, the hassle of moving was overwhelming. Adam personally came by my house and walked me through the entire process before quoting me for his services, which was extremely reasonable for the work ahead of him. I felt confident that I could turn everything over to him and focus on other things. The day prior to the move he had my house fully packed, 4 bedrooms, kitchen, closets, garage, everything. Any issues or concerns were immediately brought to my attention. The level of service I received was remarkable. Shop local, buy local. I’ve recommended friends and family to Adam’s company and will continue to do so
- Capitol City Movers Inc.Easy to deal with moving company. Worked hard to make sure everything was in budget. No scratches, No damage. Nice job. Seemed to really care.
- Two Men and a TruckIt went well. They were hardworking, stopped the clock for lunch, and only one item was damaged which they repaired promptly. They were very pleasant to work with. They were happy to discuss how to move a difficult items to my satisfaction.
Movers in Lafayette
- Business Description:M2M provides safe labor service for your move. Here at M2M we offer loading,unloading,packing and unpacking. We also offer local and long distance services.
- Business Description:With over 10 years of experience in the moving industry, we are the experts you need to take care of your home or business. We handle everything from large objects to full scale moving jobs. We will treat your home as we would treat our own. Give Economy Movers & Installers a call today, we look forward to working with youRecent Review:This our second time using economy movers, and they were fantastic once again. They are dependable and trustworthy folks. Highly recommend.brenda d.
- Business Description:At Abba Movers, we guarantee an efficient and stress-free moving experience where the customer comes first and your satisfaction is our highest priority. With over 20 years of professional experience in the moving industry and thousands of satisfied customers, we pride ourselves on being the safest and most affordable moving company around. We pad every piece of furniture and secure it inside of our truck to ensure the safety of your items. All of our movers are professionals and skilled in t..
- Business Description:Experienced Local movers and packing professionals dedicated to providing the best quality service! (we do not currently offer out of state moves) Whatever you have, we can move. Call or Click to schedule a quote with us today. We look forward hearing from you! Thankful to earn your Trust. Thankful to earn your BusinessRecent Review:Fabulous! Kevin, Mike and team are the absolute best movers in the business. I will be referring anyone who wants careful, ethical and hard working movers. Five stars plus! Ralph and Peggy FrazierRalph F.
- Business Description:Our Services: Angel L. provides FREE in-home estimates to it’s clients and has many gleaming reviews! We also provide Real Estate services to our clients needing additional assistance to list and purchase a home. Angel L. takes all of the stress from moving away. We provide you with top movers, downsizing services, packing, staging and relocation. We can stand toe to toe with any of our leading competitors. We stand to be the best in the industry and truly care about our clients experience. O..Recent Review:The movers were wonderful. They were patient with us and packed everything well in the truck. I highly recommend them!Christie F.
- Business Description:”Long distance moving from or to the west coast only. No local service outside Portland Oregon, Los Angeles California and Seattle Washington.” Local and Long Distance Moving & Storage. Household, Commercial, Corporate services available. Our Mission is To exceed expectations on every move. We live this day in and day out. We provide actual full time movers, not day labor like other companies. Our service is top notch and fully efficient. Our trucks are perfectly equipped for moving with Pads..Recent Review:Shady company, look elsewhere. I went with them based on price and that they were “highly rated”. According to the estimator, I needed 1 truck. When moving day came, they couldn’t fit everything in 1 truck. In fact, it wasn’t just a little bit leftover, but quite a bit. They had someone come out the next day to pick it all up and would later pack it on 2 pallets at their warehouse that I had to pay to ship across country. I didn’t have any other options since we had to be out of the house and were moving long distance. The items on the truck made it on time and safely. It was the pallets that never arrived. When I finally called to check the status (2 weeks after they were picked up), I found out they were just sitting in the warehouse and weren’t shipped yet. They hadn’t even gotten an estimate of the cost. Then they gave the wrong phone number to the 3rd party company that was transporting it so they couldn’t arrange delivery because they couldn’t get in touch with me. Finally the day came to have it delivered (6 weeks after pickup) and the 3rd party transport company asked if I had packaged the pallets up myself. I said no, the professional movers did that we paid. He said it was one of the worst jobs he’s ever seen and kept telling me it’s just items and they can be replaced. He also made a point to give me detailed instructions on how to file a claim for broken items because he knew things would be broken. The 3rd party transport company pays for 100% replacement value but normally works with the shipper, not receiver. I filed a claim with the transport company anyways and reached out to All Service Moving on it. All Service Moving said they would pay me the full amount right away if I signed the incident waiver signing away my rights. This included not holding All Service Moving responsible for anything related to the damage as well as not be able to post any negative review, rating, post about them. I’m sorry, what?!?! Due to their negligence and incompetent job, items were damaged and I can’t share that to prevent others from experiencing the same? Obviously, I refused to sign. I kept my claim with the transport company. Although our claim settlement was only 1/3 of what I was asking for, I’d rather receive the lower amount and still be able to write this review so others are warned. Let this be your warning to run away, far away from this companyLisa O.
- Business Description:Movers Direct, llc is a full service moving company. We offer packing service, packing materials, piano movers, local and long distance moves. We specialize in residential and commercial. Movers Direct was voted Best of the Best moving company for 4 consecutive years in Chattanooga, TN. Call today and get your move on the booksRecent Review:EXCELLENT! The process from start to finish was spectacular and highly professional. They packed up our entire home (approx 1500 sq ft) and drove it 2200 miles to our new home, unloaded and helped to set up furniture (bedroom sets etc). Chad and Garrett were very attentive to detail, extremely careful with the packing and unloading, and absolutely trustworthy. USE THEMPATTI A. S.
- Business Description:Moving APT provides long-distance moves, packing and storage. Call Moving APT for the best cross-country moving, at affordable prices.Recent Review:I'm going to start out by saying I'm no stranger to cross country moves (I've moved to Hawaii from Kentucky, Ohio from Hawaii, and Ohio to Florida). I've done it three times and this will be my fourth permanent move. If I could give negative stars I would. The whole point of my post is so someone doesn't have the same thing happen to them as it did me. First I had called several companies for quotes and they gave me the one. Around 1K less than any other company. So I booked with them. It was explained to me my belongings would arrive 14-21 days however, most customers received their home goods closer to 14. We specifically chose a week and half earlier pack date so when I arrived in Vegas my belongings should be shortly behind me. I was fully aware it could take the 21 days total. Move day comes. The movers arrive 4 hours early which was great. They were professional. They did say the gentleman on the phone underestimated my cubic feet however. The price went up by a little over 1K. I was slightly confused to how this could be considering my belongings were in storage units with exact dimensions. However, I went forward as once they are there to pack and I had flown in (I'm a health care first responder working with Covid) I was almost at their mercy as I was on an extremely tight schedule. When the price did go up the moving company told me they had to get preapproval for the new price and would call them. I was assuming "them" was APT. The packing went without a hitch and during that time I was given many papers to fill out. One of which had first delivery date. It was NEVER explained to me by marking a date (because I was told to fill everything out in it's entirety) it would DELAY my move until THAT date. I unknowingly put down the first day that would be best for me which was the day after my arrival to Vegas. I should clarify Moving APT only contracts out moving companies they themselves do not move your belongings. They are what was referenced as a shadow company. So let's fast forward to 11am the original move time. T. Shields called from Moving APT. She was quite surprised the company was already there. She also didn't know they had increased the price. Now my belongings were already on the truck and there was two trips left to have everything moved. The manager on site spoke with her and to my understanding everything was resolved. It was not. T. Shields calls back to inform me her price was also going up as the company gets money as well even though this WAS NOT told to me when I signed the new paperwork. My new cost was 2K total in price. Making a 4K move now a 6K move. She told me I could speak with whom I wanted but she would be calling back to get the rest of the money. Also might I add when she called back she did reduce what the movers had quoted because they over priced their packing materials used. I explained to her in no way was I ever told about this. And I had assumed the phone call earlier was to them. The movers had left at this point and she was surprised they were gone. She told me I should have called to which that was never explained to me and when the manager on-site had called "them" it was not Moving APT but their company. Remember they contract out. So now Ive called for an update to see if my home goods have left the warehouse. I have zero response for over 48 hours despite being told each day I called that I'd have an update by end of the working day. So today I get an update and since I put down October 5 as my first available date my move starts TODAY. So now I'm at the 14-21 day window. I told them again NO ONE explained this to me. To which their reply was well it kinda is what it is. For those of you who don't want to read: 1. Don't pick them. They are poor with communication and my move went up by 2K on pack day. 2. My move dates was completely misquoted and they do not explain anything to you. 3. They contract other moving companies. Find them and book directly with them. It will save you a lot of headacheSarah S.
- Business Description:For Long-distance piano & organ moving. We generally do not handle local moving outside of the metro St. Louis, MO area. Local #: (573) 860-6683. Additional emails: General Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org; Sales Manager: email@example.com; Accounting: firstname.lastname@example.org; Dispatch Manager: email@example.com; Operations Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org , In case of emergency contact Russ at 314-568-688Recent Review:The woman in the office who scheduled the move and took care of all the documents was extremely helpful and friendly. My apartment building is very strict and she worked over the weekend to ensure I had the proper COI. The men who delivered my piano were very professional and efficient. I am a petite woman and was alone when they delivered the piano and felt very comfortable with them thereWhitney K.
- Business Description:Save time and money NOW!! CELEBRATING over 15 years in Auto Transport Business!! Giving all Angie's list members $25 off on any auto transportation! Work directly with the owner, Nichole Hilton! Call or text 24 hours @ 310 686 5318. Please know you will have assistance from start to finish and we are aware of how to fulfill all transportation needs!! All insurance is included in the rates we provide. Call 888 318 0080 for any questions. http://www.hiltonautotransport.coRecent Review:It was fantastic - there was some unexpectedness that could of resulted in delays but Nicole was amazing she found us an alternate who did a spectacular job at an amazing price -and Nicole was fantastic at responding to texts and keeping us informed -highly recommenSonia A.
Deals in Lafayette for Moving Companies
Explore our Solution Center for helpful moving company articles
If the refrigerator in your new home doesn’t fit, or you have a strong attachment to your current one, you’ll need a strategy for shipping it safely. Here’s how to properly ship a refrigerator and tips for avoiding hits and dings along the way.
Regularly cleaning your dryer vent can prevent dust, lint, and other debris from building up. That buildup can be dangerous, but so can cleaning the dryer vent yourself. Here’s why it’s best to let a professional do the job.
Find moving companies in
- Breaux Bridge
- Grand Coteau
- Saint Martinville
- Church Point
- New Iberia
moving companies in Lafayette
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- A&L Movers129 Millstone Rd Ste F
- A-1 MOVING & STORAGE CO OF LAFAYETTE INC1219 ERASTE LANDRY RD
- AAA Moovers & Warehousing625 Garfield St
- ADT3750 Priority Way South Dr
- Alexander Furniture Movers105 Appaloosa St
- All American Transfer and Storage Inc2112 N University Ave
- All My Sons Moving & Storage11848 South Harrell's Ferry Rd Suite D
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- All Service Moving - Long Distance Moving 747 S Monroe St 2063334424
- Allstar Janitorial Service LLCPO Box 101
- ANDRUS FURNITURE MOVERS207 IKE B ST
- Angel L. Moving Company3275 N Ardenwood Dr
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- Auto Transport - United Freight Of America1844 N Nob Hill Rd #171
- Auto Transporters Online25108 Marguerite Pkwy
Mission Viejo, California
- A&L Movers
- Bakers Moving And Housekeeping Services
- Bates Moving & Storage815 Benny St
- Bayou Boys Moving Company702 Huntlee Dr
New Orleans, Louisiana
- Bayou Moving & Junk Removal1114 Girod St
- Bellhops 220 Saint George Street
- Breaux Bridge Movers Co100 Ridgewood Dr Ste D
- BUSH EXPRESS TRANSPORT & MOVERS5135 Mittlestedt Rd
- Buy A Buddy Movers1000 Robley Drive
- Buy A Buddy Moving & Storage, LLC.2100 Ambassador Caffery Pkwy
- Bakers Moving And Housekeeping Services
- Eyring Movers638 Moore Rd Unit A
Avon Lake, Ohio
- Eyring Movers
- Gradney Trucking
- Gradney Trucking
- Mansion Movers1960 South Ocean Blvd
- MiniMoves Inc4413 W Roosevelt Rd Ste 103
- Modern Piano Moving992 Highway D
- Montway Auto Transport425 N Martingale Rd Ste 550
- Motivated2move2001 S Sherwood Forest Blvd
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- Movers and Helpers9800 Airline Hwy
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- Movers Direct LLC314 Old Hales Gap Rd
- Moving APT - Long Distance Movers936 Sw 1st Ave., Suite 130
- Mansion Movers
- Opelousas Moving Co515 W Martin Luther King Jr Dr
- Opelousas Moving Co
- Quick Transfer USA860 Bedford Ave
Brooklyn, New York
- Quick Transfer USA
- United States Logistics300 N LaSalle Dr Ste 4925
- United States Logistics
- Valdez Relocation Systems Inc2112 N University Ave
- Valdez Relocation Systems Inc