Erhard Roofing and Repairs LLC

Founded 1995 • With Angi since March 2004

25 Employees. No Subs. Charges Are By Bid. No Travel Charges. Ask about our Angie's List discount. Additional DBA - Erhard Roofing & Repairs. Additional Contact name - Greg Erhard. Additional Email - rone@erhardroofing.com.

roofing (92)gutter repair (11)skylight installation (3)chimney repair (2)gutter cleaning (1)house painting (3)siding companies (3)interior painting (2)Patios (1)

11/19/2014

Carol H.

There are things we didn't like. We wouldn't use them again. In a way, I just didn't think they were that ethical. I would say the roofing job they did was fine. One example is, we had three different prices, they changed their price on us three time. Finally, I sat down and I figured out what they did and everything, I sent them their list of what they did and I said, I'd raise the regional price. I really thought that they didn't say enough the first time around then they raised it too much and when I went step by step over the things they did and the figures, to me, it didn't add up. I think they were charging for things they didn't do. I finally adjusted it ad said, this is what I\ll pay and they agreed to it. There's just something about them. I just didn't have a good feeling with them.

Work Completed On 06/06/2012

05/02/2014

Carol H.

They were good about staying with the estimate that they have us. I think they did a good job. I don't have any complaints with them. I think they did good.

Description of Work
We used Erhard Roofing and Repairs LLC for roofing services.

Work Completed On 09/12/2012

10/21/2013

deborah M.

It was an Angie's List Big Deal that I purchased. They were fine. They were responsive. The work was fine. I didn't spend any additional so the price was good. I would certainly use them again.

Description of Work
I used Erhard Roofing and Repairs to do some repairs on my skylights.

Category skylights

Work Completed On 04/01/2013

10/16/2013

Barbara H.

We used him for an inspection. He pointed out some things that were wrong, which I think was very good. He did a good job. He provided photographs and so forth, which was good. We didn't followup with him on having the roof replaced and so forth. We went a different way on that. We were working through our insurance company and they had a guy that ended up being very good. That's the only reason that we probably didn't use Erhard to replace the roof. He did a good job. He provided a good service for the value of money that we spent.

Description of Work
I used a big deal purchase for Erhard Roofing and Repairs. It was $99 for the roof maintenance package.

Work Completed On 01/31/2013

09/06/2013

Michael H.

When I made the initial call for a second opinion the owner came out the next day. He got up on the roof and did a thorough investigation. The previous person I had called told me I needed a complete reroof and what he showed me in pictures and in his presentation made sense to me but I am not a professional roofer. We were looking at several thousand dollars of work and the rof is only about 15 years old (was supposed to last 30 at least). Erhard roofing was thorough and when I told him about the other roofer and the problems he reported he was able to tell me why it was not such an issue and that the couple of things he found could be fixed for a much more reasonable cost. Within the week he had one of his men on the roof and he repairs were done that day with excellent clean up. There was a problem with the bill getting lost in the mail (we live out in the country and this happens more that USPS wants to admit). Daphene in the office immediately e-mailed me a bill. When I had questions about the bill and work things were explained immediately and to my satisfaction. I would highly recommend Erhard roofing for their professionalism, courtesy, prompt service, and being a pleasure to work with from start to finish.

Description of Work
Repaired the leaking around our wood stove chimney pipe as well as replaced some improperly installed roofing.

Work Completed On 06/27/2013

09/02/2013

Kenneth B.

I called Erhard to request an estimate on some roofing work, and three weeks later they have not called back. I realize that I may be too far away for them, but they could have called and told me so.

Description of Work
I did not engage Erhard to do any work, for the reason explained below.

Work Completed On 08/12/2013

08/19/2013

JUDITH R.

I was impressed with Greg Bequette when he came out. He went into the attic to see the staining and brought pictures to show me the problems. Then he went on the roof to further investigate what was causing the leaking, again bring back pictures of what he found. When he presented the proposal, I had various options I could address. My feeling is to fix all, not partial. The crew spent one day fixing everything on the list. When they finished, they cleaned up my yard. Because I am a member of Angie's List, I received a 10% discount, making the final cost $1800.00. This repair all started with water in my SunTunnel. After a new sun tunnel and four trips after which did not fix the problem, I redirected my attention to the roof. Wise decision! Now no leaks and Jeff at Sun Tunnel is also happy.

Description of Work
Fixed roof leaking consisting of replaced 2 turbins and 1 vent, replace pipe boot, correct old chimney flashing and built cricket, install iced and water& re shingle with closed valley re step and counter flashing. This is just some of the work suggested to correct all problems Greg found.

Work Completed On 05/24/2013

08/01/2013

LARRY S.

because of impending rain they responded immediately and worked past dark to complete the job and make it waterproof. I was very pleased with there workmanship and professionalism. I will use them again. thanks Ron for your help.

Description of Work
installed ice and water barrier. replaced flashing and new weatherstripping and replaced a few shingles

Work Completed On 08/01/2013

07/23/2013

Samuel Y.

Discovered chimney needed repair when I had the roof replaced.

Description of Work
Chimney repair

Category chimney repair

Work Completed On 07/19/2013

06/20/2013

Crystal S.

They returned my phone call the same day. However, 1st appointment scheduled for evaluation of damage did not start out well. I spoke to 3 or 4 different men before actual contact made. The person they sent on the appointment day was not the person I had been talking to and he seemed confused as to work needing done. He was also over an hour late and no phone call to tell me he would be late. I was very frustrated by the time he arrived stating his phone was dead. After evaluation of roof, I decided to give them the job. Dustin did return in a couple of days with a few other men as promised. As far as I can tell, I have had no more leaking of my roof. They cleaned up site well and I told me to call if I had any further leaking.

Description of Work
Repair of wood shingle roof. Replaced damaged shingles, replace cracked and leaking seals around pipes on roof.

Work Completed On 06/01/2013

Member, We are pleased to hear you were happy with the final result. We are continuing to change our processes here to better serve our clients. Thank you for your feedback! -Erhard Roofing

06/06/2013

Thomas G.

The job didn't go at all, in the beginning everything went great, Ron is a really nice guy and was helpful in choosing the right solution for our roof. We even had him over for dinner one night to flesh out the details for the job. Ron stated that they would be starting in 2 weeks, this is where things went south. I called Ron 28 times and never received a call back, my wife left messages at his office with a live person and never got a call back. I'm sure my roof wasn't the most lucrative job out there and he probably had other things pop up that got in the way but at the very least I expect a call back. In the end I had to go with another company that delayed our project even further. A disappointing end to what seemed like a good contract.

Description of Work
Ron was "supposed" to put a metal roof on our home in Wellsville.

Work Completed On 05/13/2013

In March of 2013 the [removed member name] visited our office. We had a pleasant discussion about the work that needed to be done and reached an agreement that we would do the work, but they did not sign a contract. Ron Erhard personally made a visit to the homeowners residence to finish up the details on the job, but by the end of the night the homeowners still did not sign a contract. This job was a government funded job, the homeowners wanted us to do the work with no paperwork, including a contract, and expected our company to fund the entire project without knowing when we would be paid. We wish them the best in finding another contractor and are sorry that we are not the ones who were able to perform their work.

05/21/2013

Susan M.

Worked with Patrick at this company and he was very responsive to all questions. Initial appointment he went over the insurance repair estimate Follow up visit they went over roof and found a couple of more things that needed to be added Roofer were great / came on time / work was completed mainly in one day for roof Guttering was done a few days later. Patrick kept me updated on schedules (since weather was a factor in the spring) Provided all the paperwork and warranties that was promised. Highly recommend this company for trustworthy service.

Description of Work
Tore off two layer roof Replaced with 30 year roof and new guttering

Category gutter repair, roofing

Work Completed On 05/09/2013

Member, Thank you so much for your kind words. We're always happy to provide our customers with quality service! -Erhard Roofing

05/21/2013

Emily A.

They are very responsive and addressed any questions or concerns we had along the way. Work was done quickly and then they came out and did a quality assurance check after to make sure the work was done properly. They helped with everything we needed to get the insurance checks released from our mortgage company.

Description of Work
Replaced roof

Work Completed On 04/24/2013

Member, We're pleased that you were happy with our service! Thank you for leaving us feedback! -Erhard Roofing

04/23/2013

Greg M.

It's never fun to have water leaking into your house but Erhard Roofing made the situation as painless and seamless as I could have expected. Greg, the project manager, was extremely responsive with emails and phone calls and made it evident that I was an important customer (even though it was simply a repair job). I would certainly use them again on future jobs but I'm hoping to not have many repairs in the future! Highly recommended for roofing repair work.

Description of Work
Greg came a couple days after a huge rainstorm in which I had some leaking in my front entry foyer. The water was getting above the ceiling and finally broke through and behind my plaster wall. Greg evaluated the problem and provided an estimate to fix the leak. He felt it was the flashing between the chimney/wall/roof. A few days later Dustin came to work on the roof, checked in to alert us he was there, and installed a new flashing pan. He also evaluated some of the other gutters and cleaned out some downspouts which was beyond what I expected. A portion of downspout had to be replaced and he even came back a couple days later just to make sure to match the existing color with a new coat of paint. So far we have had no additional leaks and I'm crossing my fingers the issue is fixed.

Work Completed On 04/16/2013

Member, Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! We're so glad that we could get you taken care of! -Erhard Roofing

04/19/2013

Amrita B.

Greg Bequette filled in for a co-worker who was not available and he was quite thorough and courteous. He even made an offer to use the roof repairs as a coupon toward a new roof later. Greg Bequette made a very positive impression, and I had thought of using this company until I began reading their detailed contract with clauses like "company shall have no responsibility for damages to sidewalks, driveways, fish/outdoor ponds or theft of materials or damages from fire, tornado..." I have no fish or outdoor ponds, but the wording of the contract as a whole was not comfortable to me and I chose another company to do the repairs.

Description of Work
The company checked my roof and gave me a quote both for roof repairs and for roof replacement.

Work Completed On 04/08/2013

[member name removed], Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate the opportunity to bid on your job! Thanks! -Erhard Roofing

04/17/2013

Brian S.

Communication before and after the job and followup was top-notch. I couldn't be happier with this company.

Description of Work
Reflashed and reset a leaking skylight. Perfect job with no more leaks.

Category roofing, skylights

Work Completed On 04/05/2013

Hello Member, So glad we could provide you with the quality service consumers deserve! Thanks for the feedback! -Erhard Roofing

04/15/2013

Patsey M.

Ron and his crew did a wonderful job. They called to set up the appointment as soon as I contacted them. They even had to work around a blizzard. They came out inspected the roof, and gave us a estimate on what it would cost. When we gave them the ok, they started that week.We are very happy with the work they did.

Description of Work
They inspected the roof Replaced two skylights Fixed multiple leaks

Category roofing, skylights

Work Completed On 04/15/2013

Member, We are so happy to hear you were pleased with the service you received! We appreciate your kind words! Thanks- Erhard Roofing

03/19/2013

Kraig K.

The weather didn't cooperate, so it was a bit tough to get scheduled. But once Greg came out, everything went smoothly. He performed the general fixes that needed to be done and found a couple other things that needed attention. We needed to have some water diverted around a log that was plugging things up. He also caulked along the seam between the house and garage (that was not done properly to begin with). He told me this was a temporary fix, but should work for a while until we want it done properly. It was all included in the Big Deal. After our next rainstorm, Greg gave me a follow-up call to see how the caulking worked. For once, the garage was dry. Excellent job all around.

Description of Work
General maintenance on the roof. Loose shingles, sealing vents.

Work Completed On 03/13/2013

Hello Member, Thank you so much for your kind words! We're glad the weather cleared up and we could get you taken care of! Thanks! -Erhard Roofing

03/07/2013

Linda B.

I did not pursue using this company.

Description of Work
I left a message over 3 weeks ago to obtain an estimate for roof repairs and have still have not heard back from them. I ended up using another company.

Work Completed On 02/07/2013

03/05/2013

Dale O.

We had them out using a "Big Deal" and they did some basic maintenance. Then they returned by appointment and fixed everything else that was needed.

Description of Work
They gave our 13 year old shake roof a "new life" at a fair price. Now we realize that the life of the roof can be materially extended by performing periodic maintenance.

Work Completed On 02/05/2013

Hello Member, We're glad we could help! Thank you for your feedback. -Erhard Roofing

03/04/2013

Mary P.

Kevin's response to my coupon purchase was prompt. He initiated the contact, showed up on time on the day agreed upon, and was extremely polite . . . almost apologetic . . . that it was a replacement I needed rather than just routine maintenance. He did his best to give me some "value" for my $90 coupon beyond just an estimate by sharing the pics he had taken while up top (These were most helpful in persuading my husband that our roof was beyond repair!) and by attempting to "patch" with plastic the worst areas of the roof to keep the rain and snow out until spring.

Description of Work
Kevin Erhard came to inspect my wood roof and to provide maintenance. I was hoping only a shingle here and there--or perhaps new ridges, at the worst--would be required. Kevin took numerous pictures that spoke for themselves, easily persuading me that an entire new roof is needed. The gutters had already been cleaned late last fall by our home owners' association, but Kevin did tuck some heavy plastic sheeting into several areas likely to leak before spring. The following week, he sent me an estimate via email for a total replacement using the composition shingles now preferred by our HOA. When spring comes, we will obtain several additional estimates before deciding whether to have Erhard Roofing do the work.

Work Completed On 01/25/2013

Member, Thank you for your positive feedback! We're glad you enjoyed working with Kevin! We look forward to hearing from you in the future! -Erhard Roofing

02/28/2013

James G.

When they came out, they were very prompt and very thorough. I was very satisfied. I wasn't here when they came out and they knew that, but based from the report they gave me, they were quite thorough and that's I was looking for. I just moved in to the South and there are a lot of things needed to be done and make sure that it's what I think I purchased.

Description of Work
I did use the coupon for Erhard Roofing and Repairs to do my roofing.

Work Completed On 02/07/2013

Member, Thank you so much for your positive feedback! We'll be here to help in the future! -Erhard Roofing

02/19/2013

Cynthia H.

I was pleased that they arrived when expected and finished up fairly quickly. They appeared to do a thorough job of inspecting the roof. I was also pleased that they didn't think I needed a new roof yet.

Description of Work
Cleaned out the higher gutters and all the nooks and crannies where leaf litter collected. Looked for any holes or other damage to the roof and patched the holes. Gave me some insight into the age of my roof and its potential life expectancy. Did not recommend a new roof at this time.

Category gutter cleaning, roofing