Dowdy Electric Co

• Trade License Number
  • ELE00010426 ELE00000626

4302 S Post Rd

Indianapolis, IN 46239

FREE ESTIMATES! Call today to schedule! Dowdy Electric, Heating, & Cooling, Co. is fully licensed as a Master Electrician and Electrical Contractor. We provide quality electrical services for most of central Indiana and we are able to provide you with complete residential and commercial electrical. Dowdy Electric is an Authorized GENERAC and KOHLER sales & service home standby generator dealer. Ask about Angie's List discount. 317.24.POWER (317.247.6937)...

electrician (772)lighting (98)ceiling fan installation (64)generator service (18)appliance repair (8)HVAC Companies (3)

01/27/2021

Super quick! I called in the morning and they were here a few hours later. The technician was very knowledgeable and went the extra mile.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Rewired several outlets and installed microwave hood above range

WORK COMPLETED ON 01/27/2021

12/27/2020

Wow - really disappointed. I've hired Dowdy to do work in my house on previous occasions but based on my recent experience with their technician, I would not consider them again. Our bathroom ceiling fan stopped working, so I called Dowdy for an estimate to replace it and vent it properly through the roof. Right now it just vents directly into the attic, which is not up to code. The technician who...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Needed estimate to replace old bathroom ceiling fan

CATEGORY electrician,ceiling fans

WORK COMPLETED ON 12/21/2020

11/20/2020

the work was done professionally and quickly the technician noted some deficiencies in the 30+ year old electrical panel which I appreciated.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Repair the charging station for Tesla

CATEGORY appliance repair,electrician

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/08/2020

09/25/2020

It went as good as one could ever expect. He was very timely after the call. He was very personable and experienced.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
We had to trouble shoot an electrical problem that was keeping some lights from coming on throughout the house. He was able to detect a loose wire and replace the switch.

WORK COMPLETED ON 09/18/2020

08/12/2020

Changed breaker in circuit box and could not help with doorbell.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Front door bell

CATEGORY appliance repair,electrician

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/12/2020

08/10/2020

Great at what they do.I most especially appreciated how in tune Dowdy was to my needs. The power line from the fuse panel to our pool pump went out due to less a less than professional installation (running it through a metal conduit underground,prior to my purchase of the house of course). With both the Skimmer and Filter dead, I was concerned with algae build up if not resolved ASAP and I was lo...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Install/replace power to my Pool Pump Motor and Filter Systems

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/10/2020

08/07/2020

They were punctual but outrageously expensive! It cost 2 1/2 to 3 times what we have paid before. Will not hire them again because of their pricing.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Replacing a ceiling fan with light

CATEGORY ceiling fans

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/28/2020

07/09/2020

Great! The young man was polite and professional.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
dyer outlet repair

CATEGORY appliance repair

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/09/2020

02/04/2020

Went great, done earlier than expected.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Mount a garage heater, run new 30 amp service for it

WORK COMPLETED ON 02/03/2020

01/11/2020

Very professional and knowledgeable. The work was well done from a functional and aesthetic point of view.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I live in a condo. They installed a 240V 26A line from the basement of my building to my parking spot, so that I can car.

WORK COMPLETED ON 01/07/2020

Add plugs, lighting, AC circuits, attic vents, bury overhead wires, cable TV, computer circuits, install baseboard heat, ceiling fans, door, meter base repairs, preventive maintenance, proper grounds, replace old fuse boxes, replace fixtures, rewire old homes, run electric to mini barns, storm damage repairs, telephone jacks and furnish & install generators.

Appliances, TV's, radios or lamps, alarm installs and install satellite dishes.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available