Dean Mithoefer Fences

Founded 1998 • With Angi since October 1998

10632 E 79th St

Indianapolis, IN 46236

Father & son operation. No subs. Cost determine by the job. No travel charges. No service charges. May contact through email....

08/28/2019

NINA W.

The man was terrific and excellent. He does a great job and reasonable. I'm happy with him.

Description of Work
Fence repair.

04/02/2019

ALAN T.

A windstorm broke posts around the gate of my fence. Dean responded right away after my inquiry and was out the next day to look at the fence and give me an estimate. He came the next weekend to do the work. Arrived on t8me and was finished in a couple of hours. Very pleased with the work. Great guy to work with. Would definitely recommend his work.

Description of Work
Repair my wood fence

06/27/2018

KATIE G.

he came out and gave an estimate to have our fence repaired, he was polite and punctual. we would call him again.

Description of Work
we needed a fence repaired/replaced

06/21/2017

Edwin H.

Went fine. Dean knows how to do it right and is very competent and efficient.

Description of Work
Replace Rotted Fence Posts

01/23/2017

Ed C.

Dean showed up quickly, provided a reasonable estimate and completed the work in a professional and timely manner.

Description of Work
Repair of 3 privacy fence sections and two posts blown over during tornado.

09/30/2016

Lisa W.

Did not want the fence repaired as it was before, and Dean came up with a great new idea and did the work. It looks great!

Description of Work
I needed repair of a fence that had been damaged by storm and just general wear and tear over time.

04/30/2016

Anne & Tom F.

Great guy to work with he was very accommodating to our schedule. I highly recommend!

Description of Work
Built a new gate and repaired another

04/18/2016

Wes G.

Dean and his son were great. Punctual, polite and did great work.

Description of Work
A significant amount of fencing repair/replacment

09/13/2015

MARK B.

Great. Dean did an outstanding job. Even added a few inches to the gate to let us move our riding mower through easier.

Description of Work
Replace three fence posts taken out by contractor for new addition. Also put the three sections back on new posts. Broken posts had to be pulled out of ground, before new ones could go in.

08/31/2015

Rich D.

Don't remember the exact date of repair. Told Dean the wood on the gate he fixed was broken. We came home from work the next day and noticed that the gate had been repaired. No charge. We were very pleased.

Description of Work
Provider replaced part of gate that was fixed last October.

07/27/2015

Diane H.

We found Dean to be very professional and responsive. Our scope of work changed from the time we received his initial quote (a tree fell on the fence during a storm) and Dean readily accepted the change sight unseen. He worked with us timing-wise around our vacation, and on the day of service he arrived even earlier than expected!! His work was exceptional; he matched the existing wood and fence design perfectly! Would definitely recommend Dean's service to all!

Description of Work
Re-aligned (3) gates/latches, replaced four broken slats, fixed loose boards.

07/25/2015

STEVE & ANNA H.

Reasonable price. Arrived exactly when he said he would. Work done in a timely manner. Work completed was of good quality. The only drawbacks were that he was supposed to replace 6 rotted posts, but only replaced 5 of them, so we still have one post there that is rotted at the ground level. Also, there was an area behind the garage where I understood he was going to replace some missing boards, but that was not done. Finally, clean-up was an issue. While he did haul away all of the fencing, all of the vines taken off the fence were left in the middle of the driveway and the miscellaneous items that were along the fence were left scattered in the yard. These are all relatively minor issues, but were a source of irritation. Again, the work that was done was of good quality.

Description of Work
Repaired shadowbox fence.

02/05/2015

Andrew W.

I recently moved into a house where a fence was built for me before I moved in. The fence was built rather poorly by a service provider that I didn't know. I got in touch with Dean Mithoefer Fences to make the doors functional because they were blowing open with the window and weren't latching properly especially with the extremely cold weather making the wood contract. Dean responded within minutes of me contacting him on Angie's List, promptly came out and gave me an estimate and an affordable way to fix the doors and make them secure so my dogs wouldn't be able to escape from my fencing. He worked quickly, affordably and my fences are completely secure thanks to him. I would definitely recommend using him for any future fencing needs I have.

Description of Work
Repaired my fence doors and latches (6 foot wooden privacy fence) to make my backyard more secure for my dogs.

10/26/2014

Rich D.

Sent email to Dean on A-list asking for an estimate. He replied almost immediately and arranged a time to come out. After coming out and giving us an estimate, we set up the next weekend for him to do the job. He and his son came out and did a great job. The hardest part was adding a new gate post since the gate originally had only one post. He and his son had to break through part of the foundation that had spilled over into the gate area. They also replaced the old hardware on our other gate. All together, the work took less than 2 hours. Courteous and very professional. We would use them again without hesitation.

Description of Work
Replaced hardware on one gate and repaired / remodeled 2nd gate.

10/13/2014

Carolyn A.

They were professional. They arrived on time, the time they said they were going to be here. They did a real good job. I was pleased with the way the fence looked like when they finished.

Description of Work
For fencing, I used Dean Mithoefer. He replaced two fence posts.

06/29/2014

LOIS B.

I e-mailed Dean asking for an estimate to repair and/or replace the board and gate. He answered very quickly and came out to look at the fence within a day of talking with him. Dean called me with an estimate ( which I thought was very reasonable ) and was out to fix my fence 2 days later!

Description of Work
Had a broken board and a gate that was falling off it's post that needed repair .

05/08/2014

ROBERT J.

Call Dean mobile phone late in an afternoon. He stopped by my house that night. He gave me a quote within 3 days. The price seemed fine. He dropped off the material mid week. By the next Saturday, I had a new fence and gate.

Description of Work
Removed 180 ft of old fence and gate. Installed new shadow box fence and new gate. Did not need to replace all the existing post. Did replace 2 posts.

04/30/2014

KATHLEEN R.

VERY PROMPT responding and getting the job done. Called me within a couple minutes of my sending a request on A's List email provider link. He and his son came out following evening (works a full time job during days). He had a previously scheduled job in the area which probably helped but I appreciated his prompt response. Replaced 3 slats that had broken and nailed fence back together. He and son worked quickly and got the job done and cleaned up in less than a half hour. New slats obviously do not match old fence so cannot say it is a perfect job - rather a repair job - but the fence is now stable and secure - and that is what I wanted and needed at this point. Would call in the future or recommend for any future fencing needs. Nice guy. Please note in my evaluations I reserve A's for exceptional service - B's are still very good service and do not indicate anything negative. Overall an A!

Description of Work
Fixed section of old privacy fence which had blown down in the wind

02/22/2014

James L.

Amazing job came over with 24 hours was able to fix the fence day of and cost about half the price of all other estimates. Also found the the guy snow blowed my drive way two days early cheaply after blowing the house next door. A jack of all traits amazing job would recommend for almost anything

Description of Work
Repaired my fence

10/16/2013

Angeline F.

Dean came over to review the work and provide a quote. We selected him because of his close proximity to us and all of his positive reviews. He was great to work with, definitely knows his stuff, and was able to access the work and set a fair price for us. The work would be done in stages - as the old fence was overgrown with Rose of Sharon and Mulberry bushes that had grown in to the wood and were literally holding up the fence. We intended to clear the brush away from the fence and haul away yard waste that had accumulated over the years. Once done - and the fence was clear - Dean broke down the old fence and hauled away the wood. He came back to dig the post holes, cement them in place, then came back the following day to apply the cross pieces to the fence posts. The final step was to nail the planks in place to finish off the fence. The work was seamless and relatively quick. He cleaned up before leaving for the day. He was great - worked around our schedule - made sure we were fully informed - and built us a beautiful fence that will last a very long time. We are very pleased with our new fence. Thank you, Dean!

Description of Work
Dean broke down and hauled away our old backyard privacy fence and replaced it with a longer, more durable cedar fence.

08/13/2013

Nancy M.

Great, he came at my convenience, and did a really nice job on the gate.

Description of Work
Dean fixed my gate that had been wind damaged, last winter.

07/18/2013

NINA W.

He goes out of his way to get the original rails, not immitation ones. He is a really good person and his prices are very reasonable.

Description of Work
He replaced some rails on part of our fence. We have used him a number of times.

07/15/2013

Kevin P.

Great experience! Showed up on time, and made quick work of the project. Left the work area immaculately clean. Bonus - he is a really nice guy!

Description of Work
Replaced multiple rotted cedar support posts in our existing fence.

Category contractors, fencing, woodworking

05/28/2013

STEPHANIE W.

Very professional, completed job at same visit, did a little extra by removing tree branches that caused broken fencing.

Description of Work
Repaired fence posts & replaced broken fencing

05/13/2013

DAN M.

The fence turned out great. This is the kind of job a bigger company would not touch. He does good work and a great price. He reused the old pickets (very green) and so the old fence even matches the new fence.

Description of Work
I had a small section of fence to reconfigure because of some recent construction. It involved two new fence posts and about 5 feet of fence.