Free Touchless Appointments; chimney sweep, brick repair & replacement, hardscapes

We will sanitize the workspace and all areas touched
We offer estimates and quotes using video calling
We accept remote payment

Bone Dry Masonry

Founded 2005 • With Angi since August 2005

7735 Winton Dr

Indianapolis, IN 46268

Bone Dry’s Indianapolis Masonry Division provides quality masonry services to residential and commercial buildings in Boone, Hamilton, and Marion Counties, as well as the surrounding areas. With over 100 years of combined experience, you can be sure that your masonry work is in good hands. Bone Dry

12/06/2020

Kirsten L.

Jesse Lockerbie, the Masonry Production Manager, and Elias Cabrera, Production Manager, and their crew did a great job replacing our tall chimney that was in a tricky placement. Mad Hatter couldn’t even properly examine it. Bone Dry sent me pictures of all angles and went over what was wrong (a long crack and badly designed cap that was letting in water). They sent pictures at multiple intervals so I could see the progress and the quality. They were also very reasonably priced. And they even put in a few masonry hooks for me. Just an absolute delight from beginning to end. I highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Replace chimney and cap

Category masonry, chimney caps, chimney repair

[Member Name Removed], Thanks for sharing your experience! So glad that you appreciated our communication and pictures of your project! Thank you so much for your trust in [Member Name Removed] Dry and your recommendation. Welcome to the Bone Dry family!

09/02/2020

Anne H.

Very well- from Original contact with MW, to set up on Day 1, through final stage and completion. Very impressed with observable skill in project team.THANK YOU BONE DRY!

Description of Work
Chimney Repair (2) and updating/ internal and external features for both . Removal and replacement of brick for both chimneys. Extensive work and thorough explanations of what was taking place. The crew was skilled, the site manager knowledgeable and willing to communicate and explain processes. Prior to project starting , I had excellent communication and contact from Project Manager, JL. I chose Bone Dry Masonry at the recommendation of a friend who had his chimney repaired and updated. I will now do the same for family, friends and colleagues. Trust and skill and workmanship! Super qualities in this team and its leaders.

Category chimney sweep, concrete repair, chimney caps, chimney repair

[Member Name Removed], Thanks so much for your kind words. Welcome to the Bone Dry Family!

07/29/2020

John T.

I was happy, but because of the problem with the leak. I have to get someone else to fix it.

Description of Work
replace roof and later rebuilt chimney

11/23/2019

Brad G.

Both projects went very well. Both estimators arrived as scheduled (which was very soon after I called) and provided clear and understandable descriptions of the repairs needed and the solution options proposed/quoted. Each project was scheduled promptly and things got even better from there. Project supervisors texted to advise of arrival times, and sent about a dozen photos each of their work as it progressed over two two-day periods. End-of-day messages also gave me progress reports and confidence that things were going well. Oh...and their charges for the work were far from the highest among several quotes we obtained. I would confidently use Bone Dry again.

Description of Work
Replace roofing on the flat roof portion of the house and rebuild the brick chimney

Category roofing, chimney repair

10/22/2019

Elizabeth M.

part of the project was on time and as desribed. Then the wheels feel off the bus. Not sure what happened.

Description of Work
chimney repair

02/28/2019

Dani S.

Overall, workmanship was very good. Everyone was friendly and polite. Responses and attentiveness were excellent before and during the work. Scheduling was quick and arrived when they were supposed to. Communication during the work was really good as they sent periodic texts throughout the job with descriptions and pictures of the work. Everything was cleaned up nicely and final work looks good. However, after the initial work was completed, things went down hill. Had a follow up call to them for something that needed additional tweaking. Was told I'd be contacted by a tech. A week went by and nothing. I contacted them again and was told there was a miscommunication and they thought I had already been called and taken care of. Said a tech would call me again soon. Waited another week and nothing. I contacted them back again. Was told the tech who was to call me was on vacation. Would have been nice to know that up front. Finally was called about a half week after that followup and issue was taken care of. Also set this up as a 12 months same as cash financing deal. Was not really given any information as when to expect payments to start. Received an invoice in the mail about 30 days after service stating the invoice amount as the entire amount. I submitted a payment based on the invoice. About 30 days after that, someone from the company shows up at my house unexpectedly saying they need to put sealer on my chimney brick. Had no idea this still needed done. Handed me another invoice for the amount of the sealer. Contacted the rep at the company again and was informed that financing hadn't been submitted yet because they were waiting for this sealing job to get done which was almost 2 months after initial service. Now trying to sort out the payment I made on the invoice because no one gave me any information about how the financing would work or when to expect to hear about it. So overall, if you don't do financing and don't need any followup work, things will be good. But communication and followups after the initial work are lacking and need some attention.

Description of Work
External chimney brick repair and installation of new flue liner.

Category chimney sweep, masonry, chimney caps, chimney repair, fireplaces

10/24/2018

Rick N.

Old chimney was cracked and spalling leading to water leaking into the interior of the house. The decking around the chimney had rotted out and we had water damage to the dry wall and flooring. The restoration company required that we rebuild the chimney before they would warrant the other repairs. Bone Dry Masonry provided a detailed estimate and was able to complete the work promptly so as not to hold up the other restoration work. The existing chimney was removed down to the roof line and rebuilt. Bone Dry worked with me to closely match the new brick with the rest of the house. After the masonry cured, Bone Dry applied a water repellant. I’m very pleased with the final product and the overall experience from initial estimate to photo progress updates to final follow up.

Description of Work
Rebuild masonry chimney

08/14/2018

Brian P.

Good workmanship. Friendly technicians.

Description of Work
Rebrick top portion of chimney.

06/25/2018

PHILIP S.

I called for appointment to quote repair work on my exterior and interior foundation. They couldn't schedule until 2 weeks out, so I did use them.

Description of Work
Quote for foundation repair, exterior & interior

06/05/2018

MARYELLEN B.

I have never dealt with such a professional group of individuals. I received regular photos of work, pictures of who to expect to show up at my house and the work is terrific. They came back to show me what had been done and get my approval.

Description of Work
Seal chimney and replace SHoulders with limestone. Fill in mortar in spots and clean some bricks.

04/25/2018

SHELLEE K.

got a quote in late fall. agreed to work as quoted. days before they started one of the managers told us the job was under quoted and may need to be $2000 over the estimate due to some anticipated difficulties getting the liners in. almost didn't use this company feeling they should have honored the original price - felt like we were being taken advantage of. after several conversations we split the difference with the company. They did a good job in protecting the integrity of the exterior part of the chimney.

Description of Work
interior liners placed and parching. exterior chimney repair and sealing

08/01/2017

Sandra S.

Great They showed up on time Repaired one chimney and ***** height to another to meet code

Description of Work
Rebuild chimney Leaking inside the direplace

07/30/2017

Lennon M.

The projects went very well. I had questions during the course of two of the projects. The manager of each project came out and inspected the project and the questions were resolved in a very friendly professional manner.

Description of Work
Hail damaged the flashing, skylights and gutters on my home all of which required replacement.

Category gutter repair, masonry, roofing, siding

07/22/2017

Chris M.

They came out in short notice and did an assessment of the wall to see if the water was coming through the bricks or mortar. The quick turn around and assessment of the problem is why I gave them an A. The gentleman spent more time than I would have expected on something like that.

Description of Work
They came out and did an assessment on a brick wall to see if it was leaking water.

Category home inspection, basement waterproofing

06/19/2017

PRESLEY B.

they were prompt, did good work and cleaned up after themselves

Description of Work
tuck pointing a brick sidewalk and replacing brick patio pavers

06/10/2017

Myra R.

We did not use them for the work. For punctuality, they went on their own, at their own time, so as far as I know, it was okay.

Description of Work
We got an estimate from them. Someone ran their car into one of our commercial properties, into the building.

06/08/2017

LARRY B.

job was done well and on time. Workers were competent and professional

Description of Work
Extensive Brick tuck-pointing

05/04/2017

Chris G.

Everything was done professionally and to my satisfaction.

Description of Work
Performed a parge of the interior smoke chamber, removed the top 9 rows of the chimney and rebuilt back up. Also fixed a cracked brick on the house.

04/10/2017

Rick W.

Excellent. The best is they are very professional. Very courteous, and the work was outstanding. If I compare them to the local people, they are going to be higher. The reason I went with them is because I could not get any of the local people to do the work. I knew I would pay more having them come from the Zionville area. In a sense for this area, they are a little area. In Zionville area, they are right in line. They had an hour drive basically, and that will add a little more cost on.

Description of Work
They did pep pointing on foundation of the house.

Category foundation repair

03/11/2017

Paula L.

They were quick and easy to communicate with.

Description of Work
The came out to do an assessment of our chimney. They looked to make sure a repair that was done by a roofer was done correctly. They made sure the connection between the new roof shingles and the new fixture around the chimney was done correctly.

Category chimney repair

02/21/2017

Linda H.

This company is professional and takes pride in their work. The specialist that worked on chimney drew diagram showing new design that goes with the style of house now. Pictures were sent to iPhone showing daily results and explained what was done. Cleanup each day was completed and bought back needed supplies for the following day. Worked on time and stayed until completed each day. I feel fortunate having this company fix the chimney.

Description of Work
Rebuilt chimney from roof up. Changed design from two stacks to one. Built a cricket in back and roofed over it. New crown was made with concrete. Replaced brick and built up with limestone shoulder.

Category concrete repair, gutter repair, masonry, chimney caps, chimney repair

12/12/2016

Rob S.

They did a very nice job and were punctual and professional.

Description of Work
Repair/rebuild existing brick chimney.

11/07/2016

Mark W.

Each technician was very courteous and professional. The new chase looks great!

Description of Work
A new chase installed on our chimney and masonry repair

11/07/2016

Tyler H.

Bone Dry was good to work with in the estimate process and they were very professional but their pricing seems to be out of line with the competition in the area.

Description of Work
We brought Bone Dry out for an estimate to look at repairing a cracked crown in our chimney and replacing some damaged bricks. The damage was more extensive than I thought and actually ended up requiring the chimney to be tore down to the roof line and built back up. They did a great job explaining this to me with detailed pictures and video. The project manager I worked with was very professional and did a great job of getting out to my property earlier than promised. They seemed like they would be good people to work with. My only problem with them (and the reason they did not end up getting the work) is that they were way high on price. I also had two other masonry outfits in town give me a quote and Bone Dry was $1500 more than both of them! I was really shocked by this and it caused me to take my business elsewhere

11/04/2016

vanessa K.

So far so good, I'm not displeased.

Description of Work
I'm testing and will ultimately delete this review.

RICK MAYFIELD PAINTING

OWNER-OPERATED. NO SUBS.2012,2013 CONTRACTOR OF THE YEAR. COST IS DETERMINED BY THE JOB. NO ADDITIONAL TRAVEL CHARGES. NO SERVICE FEE.NON-SMOKER.MUST SEE JOB TO GIVE ACCURATE QUOTE PLEASE USE DIRECT EMAIL OR CALL ABOVE PHONE NUMBER.

Jerry Allen - Chimney & Masonry Repair

Hi, my name is Jerry Allen. (Services offered) Chimney repair and rebuilds. Chimney cap repair and replacement. Tuck pointing. Home masonry repair. Indoor and outdoor Fireplaces. I have been in the masonry Field for 35 years. I am a high-level mason and I have been in business for 19 years. I am a small business. I have been awarded the Angie's list (Super Service Award) for 2014. 2015. 2016. 2017. 2018 - I always try to go above and beyond for my customers. Please feel free to contact me for a free estimate anytime. Thank you. Respectfully, Jerry Allen

Everdry Of Greater Indiana

We are the official Waterproofer of the Flower and Patio Show March 9-18! Come see us! Everdry is a nationwide company that was founded in 1978. We are a U.S. Patented full service foundation waterproofing company. We offer a no questions asked, lifetime transferable warranty on all our work. We are the official Waterproofer of the Flower and Patio Show March 9-18

Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available, Check
    $500 off full roof replacement, 5% off other trades services or monthly promotion special. Must show proof of 65 years of age or older. Eligilble for cash discount of 3%

Masonry - Chimney Liners & Caps, Crown Replacement & Repairs, Dampers, Brick & Stone Work, Video Inspection, Chimney Sweeping, Rebuilds, Repairs, Waterproofing, Hardscapes, Pavers, & Concrete. Leak Diagnosis. Level 1 & 2 NFPA Inspections.