Septic tanks are a great way to treat wastewater in rural areas, but septic odor can be an unfortunate side effect of these systems. Learn more about the causes for the bad smell, including cracked pipes, dry drains, and other culprits.
Get matched with top septic tank services in Hobart, IN
There are 6 highly-rated local septic tank services.
Recent Septic Tank Service Reviews in Hobart
- FREEFLOW ENVIRONMENTALThey explained it very thoroughly, the technician was top notch! they did a great job and I was very very happy and the price was very reasonable for what they did.
- FREEFLOW ENVIRONMENTALThis company lives up to the reviews! Ashley was understanding and made sure I had an appointment for Scott to be there within 24 hours of our phone call. He did a thorough inspection and took the time to explain and answered any and all of my questions. All of the fellows that came to my home were respectful and did an amazing job! Thank you FreeFlow! read less
- FREEFLOW ENVIRONMENTALFree Flow did an excellent job in every aspect. Everyone was very helpful from the office staff to the laborers that did in fact labor very hard. Everyone was very knowledgeable and job was completed satisfactorily. I would strongly recommend!
- Downing PlumbingThe tech was very good about going over what they could or could not do. Unfortunately I would have hired them if they could have been able to do the job required for the property.
- D&M EXCAVATING INCI called with an overflowing tank. They were able to work around my schedule. He was quick and clean. He also cleaned out the screen and sludge which I don't think the last company did because it was only 2 years ago.
- D&M EXCAVATING INCI called D&M on Friday and they were able to schedule the work to be performed on Monday morning. Mark came to the house at the agreed time, asked for permission to back the large truck onto the driveway, quickly found the septic cover and pumped the 90% full tank very quickly. Mark had a very friendly and professional approach to the dirty job being performed. He explained everything he was doing and answered all of the many questions I asked. The pumping of the septic tank did not solve the basement drain backup. Mark said he could return at the end of the day with the equipment and additional manpower needed to rod the drain that was backing up. He said he would call 25 minutes before returning. That afternoon, Mark called and said he was on his way. He arrived and quickly deployed the 1st heavy duty roding machine from the septic tank to the house. This did not solve the problem. He then took a smaller roding machine into the basement and directly roded the problematic drain. Within a few minutes he broke through a blockage and the drain now handled all the water we could put in it without backing up. Problem solved read less
- Downing PlumbingThey came out promptly, determined that no action was necessary at this time, and left a free estimate of what may be needed in the future.
- BRUCE SEPTIC SERVICE INCThe did a great job and explained to me as a newbie how things work. Great people in the office and in the field.
- D&M EXCAVATING INCWe feared an enormous bill and it was done with their standard clean out. They were very professional and very nice. Very happy.
- T & D Excavating IncIt went great. Tom was honest and hard working. He got the job done quickly which was very important to us due to selling and closing on the home. He was always available when I called him. He left the job site clean and well put back together.
Septic Tank Companies in Hobart
- Business Description:When your basement is flooded, consistently damp, or just plain smells bad. When your toilets won’t flush, drains make strange sounds, or you’re fed up with the puddles in your yard that won’t dry up. When you’ve finally come to the conclusion that today is the day when you WILL take action and clean up that dirty, dangerous crawlspace. We’re here to help read lessRecent Review:Their service was very good. They went out and completed the work on a timely manner. They were very courteous and understanding with the finance.Margie S.
- Business Description:Our quality of work is excellent and our residential and commercial customers will tell you so. We specialize in water damage, and can clean up even the worst mess.Recent Review:Great, would hire TLC plumbing againMartin D.
- Business Description:Licensed Plumbing Contractor specializing in trench-less water service replacements! No big mess/trench in your front yard! We have the tools necessary to replace that old lead water service with a new copper service! Call us today for a quote read lessRecent Review:It went great! Quick service and great people. They communicated well about what services they were performing and when they would be done with them. I would highly recommend them.Suhail A.
- Business Description:No matter what your plumbing or sewer needs are, you can count on Downing Plumbing to provide you with professional plumbing service including: plumbing repairs, water heater installations, plumbing installations, drain cleaning, sewer repairs/replacements, and much more. We do it all read lessRecent Review:A little on the pricey side but not that much more than others. Thing was, when Ben showed up I was expecting a two or three day wait but he told me that he could get right on it. Soon he was on the phone and before you know it I had more Downing trucks in my drive than a plumbers convention. The wife and I laughed that the neighbors probably thought that we must have had a major plumbing failure. Soon Dave showed up to assist with the installation and in just a few hours our shiny new tubs and faucets were ready to go. All of the workmen were very polite and capable. This is the third time that I've used Downing in as many years and I am satisfied. Thanks guys read lessALLEN B.
- Business Description:For over 30 years, Reid & Pederson Drainage has served Illinois and the Northwest Indiana communities. Our experienced, drain cleaning team has solved residential and commercial sewer and drain problems quickly and efficiently using the latest modern equipment. From small drain rodding to hydro jetting sewer lines, we offer our clients fair pricing and quality work read lessRecent Review:It went great, they are awesome, excellent customer service, very timely and clean up after themselves.Mildred B.
- Business Description:As part of your community, we are pleased to provide our local customers, real estate professionals, home buyers and home sellers with a home inspection service that brings to the buying or selling of a home unmatched quality, precision, integrity, and professionalism. Additional email: Nick.Young@pillartopost.co read lessRecent Review:This team is very professional and extremely thorough! Nick checks everything and I mean every crook and cranny of the home! We very highly recommend The Young team!!Cheryl H.
- Business Description:At Mr. Rooter® Plumbing, every customer’s individual needs are important. Whether it’s a simple sink clog or a damaged sewer line, you can count on a Mr. Rooter plumber to take care of your plumbing needs – day or night – with never an overtime charge. Our professional service, quality products and honest, up-front pricing make Mr. Rooter the best value in plumbing services nationwide. Mr. Rooter is ready for all emergency plumbing issues, from clogged drains and sewage backups to frozen pipe.. read lessRecent Review:Paid almost $300 to have basement floor drain routed about 15 ft, 3 months later we had the same problem and of course theres no warranty. We had another company come out to do the job right, routing 100ft and finding that tree roots were our problem. Friendly guy but the job just wasn't done right read lessAmanda V.
- Business Description:Steuer Septic Systems & Excavating, Inc., in Valparaiso, IN, is the area's leading septic system company serving Porter and Lake counties. We offer land cleaning, excavating, septic systems and more. For all your septic needs, contact Steuer Septic Systems & Excavating, Inc. in Valparaiso read less
- Business Description:Nwi provides skilled and trained water damage and mold technicians, masons/licensed and bonded in all of north west indiana.We provide free estimates within 20 miles of our office (hobart). most of our projects are completed within one week,weather permitting,Our work is our salesman!We supply winter services which includes heating and enclosures for all masonry.We work with all major insurance companies. Our services are performed with minimal or no out of pocket cost. Ask our representativ.. read lessRecent Review:<p>They quated 46K for 25000 brick and asked 27K up front in September so they could (in their words) get the material and do this immediately. </p> <p>They never ordered all the brick but rather had 5000 brick deleivered and simply disappeared for 3 weeks. Then they showed up and laid a few lines of brick with one person. </p> <p>Then disappeared again for 6 weeks. Now it turned into brutal winter. The house is left open in places and they show up randomly a day here and there with 2 people to heat some mortar and lay brick.</p> <p>Then suggested 4K extra for the heating. Anyways, took us until may to get them out.</p> <p>It is a poorly done job, barely passable but we decided not to sue given that there is nothing to get from these guys.</p> <p><br /></p> <p>They also claimed they would come with a crew of 14 people which they do not have and that they were union.</p> <p>In the end they laid 18000 brick and I ended up paying 52K. </p> <p>Even though teir cars have logo's, these guys are unprofessional. Not unfriendly but simply full of BS and unable to deliver what they promised. I have probably overpaid 9K on this job and the workmanship is shoddy. </p> <p><br /></p> <p>Anyways, so we learn. Next time I should follow up on references as I don't think they have any good ones in retrospect.</p> <p><br /></p> <p><br /></p> <br / read lessRick v.
- Recent Review:Excellent service. Had them 2 years ago will have them againIrene U.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful septic tank company articles
If you’re wondering whether it’s safe to grow plants over your septic tank, the answer is yes, as long as you stick with plants that have shallow root systems to avoid damaging the septic system. Learn the best plants to install over a septic tank.
Septic system cost varies from place to place, depending on type, size and location. While they can be costly, septic tank systems can be worthy investments. Before you dive in, consider variables that drive the cost of a septic system.
Find septic tank services in
- Lake Station
- Crown Point
- Saint John
- Burns Harbor
- East Chicago
- Cedar Lake
- Calumet City
- Beverly Shores
septic tank services in Hobart
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- Calumet City Plumbing Co., Inc.281 River Oaks Drive P.O. Box 150
Calumet City, Illinois
- Calumet City Plumbing Co., Inc.
- Eagle Engineering1650 Arizona St
- Eagle Engineering
- LARGURA INC9608 RANDOLPH ST
Crown Point, Indiana
- LARGURA INC
- NWI Masonry, Roofing & Home Improvements7425 Colorado St
- NWI Masonry, Roofing & Home Improvements
- SUNSET SEPTIC & EXCAVATINGPO BOX 1488
La Porte, Indiana
- SUNSET SEPTIC & EXCAVATING
- Wicked Web Design & SEO1312 North Monroe St. Suite 137
- Wicked Web Design & SEO