A home accessibility remodel can make your living space much more comfortable for people with disabilities. Here are some ways you can finance this project.
Get matched with top home remodeling contractors in Joliet, IL
There are 258 highly-rated local home remodeling contractors.
Matching on Angi
Recent Home Remodeling Reviews in Joliet
- Handy Men & Mrs Helper Kitchen & BathTHE BEST experience with a contractor EVER! We’ve owned 7 houses and have hired numerous contractors to do a variety of work, this was by far the smoothest, most thorough job we’ve ever had done. The communication, preparation and scheduling made us feel at ease with the project. Everyone of the workers and managers of the job showed up on time and got our job done on the specific schedule we were given. The quality of the work was top notch! The entire team was a pleasure to work with
- Handy Men & Mrs Helper Kitchen & BathAndy and his team of guys were exceptional to work with. Andy is extremely knowledgeable and helped us through every step of the project, including recommended vendors to select materials and fixtures. All contractors we worked with did great work and were extremely courteous and professional We hired Handymen and Mrs. Helper for a complete bathroom remodel and were so pleased with them we hired them again for some smaller work in our kitchen a few months later. Would strongly recommend to family, friends or anyone
- Bath & Kitchen ExpertsThe first time we used Bath & Kitchen Experts, they remodeled our kitchen and i was amazing. The second time around for a bathroom upgrade one year later? Even better! The quality of their workmanship is top notch; you can tell these guys really care about providing only qualified professionals who will be friendly too (not like those other contractors) There's no job too big or small for them. Just check out how many stars each review has before deciding whether its right for your home renovation needs. FIVE STARS ALL THE WAY ! �
- Regency Home RemodelingWe just finished doing a total remodeling of our primary bath with Regency. We could not be happier with every aspect of the project....from our first meeting, selection of all our items through their recommendations, the design plan, the quality of work and craftsmanship, the prompt responses to any and all questions. It was near perfect from the beginning to the end. I could not say enough positive things about Regency (Sam, Bruce and Roman)and would recommend them to anyone thinking about a remodeling project in their home
- Samanco Construction LtdThe contractor's communication and follow thru was excellent. The worker did a tremendous and accurate job. Great work.
- Regency Home RemodelingRegency Home Remodeling recently completed a hallway bathroom remodel for us and we couldn’t be more pleased. From the outset of the project, communication was exceptional, timelines were clear, and we always understood the scope of work and expectations around payments. We got weekly updates as the project progressed, so we were never wondering what was happening. We really appreciated being able to work with Regency’s suppliers for fixtures, stone, tile, and cabinets. We were able to pick out the colors and styles we liked and brands that fit with our budget. Finally, the craftsmanship of the work was fabulous! We are so pleased with our new bathroom
- Samanco Construction LtdI am so happy that I decided to hire Samanco! After searching for over a year for a reliable and affordable contractor, I wish I hadn't wasted my time and had gone with Samanco to begin with. Dan is reliable, trustworthy, personable, and professional, and it was a pleasure to work with him. Paulo was also reliable, professional, and did amazing work. He completely gutted my main 1950's bathroom and turned it into a dream come true. He put in new floor boards and walls. He installed a new tub, new toilet, marble flooring, and beautiful marble tile for the tub/shower surround. I ordered a custom vanity and marble top including backsplash from Samanco and it was perfect. Samanco made sure that all of the finishing touches were perfect from the paint to the lighting and everything in between. They provided top quality work, and I would definitely hire them again
- Regency Home RemodelingIt was a pleasure working with the Regency team for our kitchen and bath remodel. Bruce, Sam & Iwona were terrific partners from the initial consultation mtg through design and the remodel. We worked with Regency's partners for tile, countertop, fixture and appliance selections and couldn't be more pleased with the variety and quality of the options. Peter & Max performed the demolition and installation work on the new cabinetry, tile and fixtures and their craftmanship was excellent. We are thrilled with the results and look forward to working with the Regency team on our future projects
- Handy Men & Mrs Helper Kitchen & BathEverything that they said they did, They had a professional to the job - tile, electricity, and painting. Communication was also good. They were prompt and left things clean. Anndy and bryan are king. They do what they said.
- Samanco Construction LtdWe are now the owners of our dream kitchen. This was a huge project, an entire kitchen demolition to complete reconstruction and installation plus a half-bath. Three things stood out. First the quality of the work and attention to every single detail was superb. Second all the workers for Samanco were professional and were able to explain any detail and the options available. I appreciated this transparency. Third is that on a project this size there will be issues and glitches. Samanco was there on the spot every time ready to handle those issues, discuss the options and get the project back on track without compromising the project itself. I highly recommend you let them be part of your remodeling process from the beginning
Home Remodeling Contractors in Joliet
- Business Description:TNT Builders is currently offering 20% off any job
- Business Description:DAL Builders has been handling various construction jobs from simple re-modeling to full-scale projects since 1994. Our team of licensed experts ensures 100% satisfaction everytime. Award winning.Recent Review:There were delays in getting materials due to COVID but once all materials were here the job was scheduled and finished within the promised time frame. DAL Builders did an excellent job and we love our new deckGail F.
- Business Description:Whether you're updating a small guest bath or a large master, a quality Iowa bathroom remodeling project can add value and functionality to your home. When you're searching for trusted bath renovation experts, look no further than the team at Bath Planet of Des Moines. Since 2001, we've built a reputation for excellence by providing top-rated acrylic products, professional installation, and exceptional customer care. Most importantly, our installation professionals have the ability to complet..Recent Review:We had a walk in shower installed and they were professional, clean, and did an excellent job. Explained everything they did and gave us a sample so we could use it to buy new items for the shower.Lenae S.
- Business Description:Century City Baths is your one stop shop for all your bathroom remodel needs. Whether it's a tub to shower conversion, or an update to a moldy or out of date tub/shower system, or a full gut to your bathroom, we are the complete turn-key solution. Using only the highest quality and most durable materials we are able to design a bathroom that will truly last a lifetime and eliminate most maintenance. Century City was founded by individuals who have generations of experience. Our design consul..Recent Review:Great service. The guys did an awesome job at a great price. My husband and I absolutely love our new bathroom!Zak M.
- Business Description:With over 20 years of experience, Bath and Kitchen Experts specializes in bathroom remodeling and kitchen remodeling. Bath and Kitchen Experts has been transforming homes for decades and has earned the reputation as one of the best in the industry as reflected by our Angie's List Best in Service starting 2012 through 2019 awards. Our mission is to provide our clients with excellent and value-laden bathroom remodeling and kitchen remodeling to enhance their home’s aesthetics and functionality...Recent Review:We were extreme lucky to find this company and be able to start working right away. We were very happy with all of the brand-new changes we made in our basemen. Well - it's even better than what could have been imagined. I just want everyone who reads this post know that Bath and Kitchen Experts were so helpful and friendly. It was truly an outstanding basement renovation performance!Chris H.
- Business Description:Now Offering A COVID-19 Stimulus Program • $0 down • Up to $2,000 in immediate cash rebates • 12 months no payment, no interest program that rolls into a low payment, low interest plan as low as 2.99%! • Now offering VIRTUAL/REMOTE consultations We are a locally owned and operated basement finishing specialist servicing the Chicagoland area. Our focus is providing clients with a clear, upfront vision of expectations through a design/build approach. Our free design service provides potential c..Recent Review:[This review is purely related to the initial consultation, and I can't comment on the quality of their actual work] We wanted to finish up our basement so I started to research contractors. Matrix was the first company we reached out to. They had great reviews, great financing options, and it seemed like they had great experience. However, the initial conversation created so many red flags that we decided not to move forward with them. To make things easier, I figured I'd just give bullet points so it's easier to digest. This conversation is broken down into two parts, the initial walk-through and the presentation. Basement Walk-through: -They canceled my first appointment, scheduled a second one and the guy came about hour and half late. Not a big deal, as I get rush hour traffic can be a pain. -During the basement walk through, he tells me certain things are not up to code, though our building was built in 2011 so I don't see how that's possible. Seemed like some sort of scare tactic. (Red Flag 1) -He then tells me that they won't do any projects with a permit. I tell him that everything I read online tells me that I should not do this without a permit. He goes on to tell me that 90% of their projects are done without a permit, plus the lead time to get a permit is super longer, and the inspector might find some things that aren't up to code which would create more issues for me. (Red Flag 2) -He tells me that we would just need to buy the toilet, the bathroom vanity, and the utility sink we wanted. His team would then install all of this for us. Maybe I'm ignorant in that this is the first company we are talking to, but I thought the contractor would show us ideas, give us an invoice, and do the rest from there. He told us to just go to Home Depot and buy the materials needed. (Red Flag 3) -So I ask, since they're a design company, do they just hire a bunch of sub contractors to do the job relative to their design? He said they do everything in house and they don't use sub contractors. (Not a flag in the moment, but after research it seems like this was lie) Sales Presentation: -Finally it came down to the sales presentation, and these are the moments that created the most flags. -He first shares how amazing this company is, and all the various things they have accomplished. He also shares a brochure with me, which funny enough, on the back page said they do everything up to code and per city requirements. (Red Flag 4) -I tell him my main concern is that they don't want me to follow the city's protocol by getting a permit. He gets his boss on the phone, and he is more smug than this guy in front of me, and goes on to tell me that legally I'm required to get a permit but it's not an efficient use of their company's time to get a permit. I tell him that should the city find out I did this project without a permit, I think I would be fined and may even be asked to tear down the entire project, and I would face all liabilities. He confidently tells me that if the city finds out, it falls on the contractor not the owner of the home. So I said, "you want me to move forward on something that's actually illegal", they said yes. (Red Flag 5). -Now came time to discuss the numbers, and as a finance guy, the main moment I've been waiting for. He first gives me an initial quote of 48k, he then tells me that with the current promos/rebates, it comes down to 44k. I told him that this seems a bit high, given we're only going with a half bathroom, and not getting a wetbar, and only framing 75% of the basement (the full basement size is only 700 sq ft). He said they like to incentivize customers that sign with them the same day, as it makes them more efficient, so if I were to move forward on this today it would be 37k. I asked to see an itemized list of costs, and he said he can't provide that and no contractor ever would. (Red Flag 6) -I told him that I feel I need to do more due diligence around this, as I need to research the permit requirements, and also get a second or third opinion around this as this is my first time inquiring about this project. -He gets his boss on the phone again to discuss if they can do better on the price. This boss tells me his salesman has had a rough month, and he has a few more appointments tomorrow, and he wants to make sure he is happy when he goes to these appointments. So he's going to do something special for me that's never done before. He tells the sales guy some random numbers, and the sales guy says he can now offer this project for 34k, but we would need to sign up today. (Red Flag 7) -I told him I'm not a fan of these high pressure sales situations where you have to sign up today, and if we don't, we don't get the better pricing. I told him this is very analogous to time share pitches, where they say all the right things so that you sign a contract you can't get out of. I explained that if they are very confident in their product and services, they should give their customers time to digest all the information, and not penalize them for not signing up the same day. Pricing should be consistent whether we move forward today, or 3 months from now. He goes on to tell me how great of company they are, and the quality of work they do. I mean they have done 8k homes already, so what's the need to have reservation. I tell him the reservation comes from them not wanting me to get a permit (though every site and their brochure tells me this is a requirement), the fact we started at 47k and now are at 34k tells me I'm probably paying more of a premium than I need to, lastly the biggest issue is that they don't want me to do any more research around what I consider to be a big project. -He tells me if I go with another contractor, then how would I know if they actually did what they were suppose to do? I asked him, how would I know you guys did what you were suppose to do? He goes back to how great of a company they are, which isn't the answer to the question he actually posed. (Red Flag 8). -After my prudent questioning, he realized I wasn't going to move forward. I told him I might still move forward with them after I do my research but definitely not before then. I asked he email me the quote plus the contract. If it all looks good, I'd be happy to give you my business. He said he would have both of these to me in a couple of days. It's been about 3 weeks since I saw him and still have yet to receive anything. (Red Flag 9) -Last week someone from Matrix texted me to see if I'd like to move forward. I responded by saying I have yet to receive the quote and contract which was suppose to be emailed to me weeks ago. No response after that (Red Flag 10). In summary, I can't comment on their quality of work, however the amount of flags that came up during the first meeting was alarming. I work in sales too, and the pricing of my services doesn't change if someone becomes my client today or in the future. Though they offer amazing financing options, I think they bundle in those costs into their final price, which I don't blame them for (they are a for-profit business at the end of the day). My issue is the lack of transparency related to pricing, high pressure sales tactics, not wanting to follow city requirements (effectively start an illegal project), and not sending me any contract/quote for me to review. I could only imagine that all of the highly rated reviews are from people where price is not an issue, didn't have enough capital to do projects like this out of pocket so they were sold on the affordability of the monthly payment rather than the total cost of the project, or just believed everything these salesman say and didn't want to miss out on the amazing "savings". I won't say you shouldn't explore your options with Matrix, rather, exercise EXTREME caution and prudence.Harman M.
- Business Description:ONE CALL CAN SOLVE ALL YOUR HOUSE PROBLEMS Professional Handyman Services, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Plumbing, Electrical, Carpentry, Tiling, Flooring Insured Bonded Guaranteed LIVE PHONE HELP Mon-Fri 8-5 email chat after hours... Chicago Home Repair License #220994Recent Review:Nick identified what needed to be repaired and what needed to be replaced. Dan did a great job on the carpentry and repainting and also made some clever and cost saving recommendations that will avoid future weather related damage. Overall: an outstanding job done quickly, thoroughly and professionally....5 stars all the way. Notice on the 2 photos below: Dan suggested I go from spruce on the gable to vinyl siding that matched the rest of my house. This substitution looks great and saved me a bundleLARRY P.
- Business Description:Five Star Bath Solutions of Oak Brook is a full service bathroom remodeler specializing in bath and shower remodeling and installations. We offer leading solutions for bath and shower remodeling, including custom bath-wall systems, new bathtubs or tub to shower conversion, walk-in bathtubs and much more. We provide quality bath and shower remodeling at an affordable priceRecent Review:Allen and his team were phenomenal. They had our shower/bathtub completely demolished and redone within 2 1/2 days. The materials they use are amazing, it’s the easiest shower and tub to clean. They kept our home clean from the demo, and we could not be happier with our new bathtub/showerKristyn B.
- Business Description:Haris Inc. Home Remodeling is a general contractor specializing in residential construction. Founded in Wheaton over a decade ago, we take pride in meeting and exceeding the needs of our clients. We work in close cooperation with project owners to ensure their wishes are taken into account. We also provide advice on alternative solutions that can save time and money without compromising quality. Please call for availability, we do book out usually about a weekRecent Review:Outstanding!!! Communication was consistent and prompt. Work was done quickly despite weather challenges. Quite process was simple and by photo. Workers were professional, friendly, and did a great job. Ibro was awesome to work withDan R.
- Business Description:FIND M&L REMODELING ON FACEBOOK "Remodeling" this word conjures up thoughts of high cost, disrupted living, never ending construction, and the question of “Will I get the end result I really want and will it be in my budget?” No more over budget, long delayed construction, and lack of attentiveness to your needs and desires. We have developed a reputation around Chicago as the home remodeling company to work with. We are a Chicago based complete home remodeling company in business since 20..Recent Review:Matt came over to discuss work to be done. Never heard from again. Tried to email but it did not go through. My job was probably too small but he could have gone through the motions.Jane C.
Deals in Joliet for Home Remodeling
Explore our Solution Center for helpful home remodeling contractor articles
Storing furniture the right way requires a bit of upfront effort. Use these tips to pack your storage unit like a pro and enjoy damage-free furniture later.
Renovating a kitchen will improve your resale value and provide a show-stopping centerpiece for your home. Here's how to get started—and what to expect.
Find home remodeling contractors in
home remodeling contractors in Joliet
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- 1 Allstate Remodeling Inc600 W Diversey Pkwy Apt 505
- 1 Stop Dumpster Rental in Aurora, IL2386 Blue Spruce Ln.
- 12/12 ARCHITECTS & PLANNERS644 67TH ST
Downers Grove, Illinois
- 197160 Evergreen Dr
- 1st American Builders of Chicago, Inc.17319 Queen Mary Ln.
Tinley Park, Illinois
- 2nd City Homes, Inc.PO BOX 5711
- 2renov8 l.l.c320 Melvin Dr #10
- 312 PAINTING AND DRYWALL1111 S STATE ST
- 51 Zygi Carpentry Corporation5325 N Manila Ave
- 78 Kitchen, Bath, & Construction9100 N Kolmar Ave
- 911 Electric LLC15 Boat Lane
- 1 Allstate Remodeling Inc
- A & A Builders Groups LLC2215 S. Wolf Rd.
- A & C Construction3020 Long Grove Ct
- A & D Total Plumbing5N151 Gerber Rd
- A AAA Services5110 Kingston Dr
- A Better Handyman Service2539 N. Central Park
- A Cut Above Construction Services LLC5S446 Radcliff Rd
- A Kwik Quality Plumbing Service212 E 15th St
- A O Handy5215 W Edgearton Ave
- A P Builder & General Contractor LLC2079-A Stonington Ave
Hoffman Estates, Illinois
- A Plus Professional Construction Corp.15412 S. James St.
- A R DECORATING & REMODELING /ALLAN REDMOND610 LAKE ST
- A Renewable Construction Inc551 S. Bennett Ave
- A to Z Tiles & Remodeling23w280 great western ave
Glen Ellyn, Illinois
- A W WENDELL & SONS1121 WARREN AVE 140
Downers Grove, Illinois
- A&B Hardwood Flooring & Remodeling997 Bennington Dr
Crystal Lake, Illinois
- A&G Pro Painters8522 S Burnham Ave
- A&k construction and remolding6206 S Rhodes Ave
- A&L Remodeling Solutions LLC
- A&M Professional RefinishingPO Box 481
Orland Park, Illinois
- A+ Roofing150 Shore Dr
Burr Ridge, Illinois
- A-G Builders Ltd.211 Bluff St
- A-Z REMODELING9112 Basswood Dr
Tinley Park, Illinois
- A. PANZICA ENTERPRISE LTD123 N GRANT ST
- A.B. ConstructionUSA Inc.7930 W. 95th Street
HICKORY HILLS, Illinois
- A.E. Tile Inc.181 Heritage Woods Dr.
- A.E.Lines Inc1600 GOLF ROAD, SUITE 1200
ROLLING MEADOWS, Illinois
- A.Roti Construction Inc.12271 Walker Road
- A1 Home Services128 Tanager Dr.
- AA Construction206 N Louis Street
Mount Prospect, Illinois
- AAA Service and Supply IncPO Box 4091
- AAG Glass and mirror6N 808 Dunham Rd
- AB Builders Services Inc509 bristol ln
- ABC Elite1096 frances dr
- Abe's Pro Painters & Remodeling903 Wilcox St
- ability construction904 mayfield st
- Able Builders110 Hunters Path
Lake In The Hills, Illinois
- ABM Construction & Son259 E Rand Rd Suite 209
Mount Prospect, Illinois
- Above & Beyond Construction2141 W Crescent Ave
Park Ridge, Illinois
- Above Par Construction Inc.745 Ridgeview Dr.
- Absolute Renovation Incorporated6901 Olyimpic Dr.
- Abt Electronics1200 N Milwaukee Ave
- AC Paint Master5034 S Archer Ave
- ACA Roofing & Construction Inc3433 N Pontiac Ave
- Access Elevator Inc1995 E. Norse Ave.
- ACCESS REMODELERS4235 Beach St
- ACCURATE INDUSTRIES STEAM BATHS AND SAUNAS511 Glenn Avenue
- Ace Electric Service Inc482 Laura Ct
- Across Town Glass & Mirror700 S Vermont St.
- Adas Interior Remodeling INC5205 Granite Ct
Crystal Lake, Illinois
- ADD-ON CONSTRUCTION INC9835 S RIDGEWAY
EVERGREEN PARK, Illinois
- Adda Custom Remodeling410 Tanglewood Dr
- ADDROOM SERVICES, INC.418 N Lombard Ave
- ADEL WOODWORK INC14002 S ADEL CT
- adkins home improvement2217 Crabtree Ave
- ADM Construction, Inc.709 Sheridan Avenue
- Adon Solutions823 W Washington Blvd
- Adrian Szpila Construction6709 W Higgins Ave
- Adrian Remodeling1809 Pebble Beach Circle
Elk Grove Village, Illinois
- Advanced Finishes, INC3829 Grove Ave
Western Springs, Illinois
- Advanced Level Renovations, LLC155 Fernwood Rd
- Advanced Recovery and Restoration, Inc.8952 Hanslik Court, Unit 21
- Advanced Restoration Services Inc5711 W 120th St
- Advanced Roofing & Construction47 West Polk St Suite 100-208
- Advocate Bath Inc8724 45th Pl
- Affordable Construction Solutions Inc401 Cumberland Ln
- Affordable Home Solutions - IL524 N Randall Rd
- AFFORDABLE LUXURY PAINTING & REMODELING3818 adesso ln
- Affordable Plumbing & Sewer, Ltd.8626 Harms Road
- Affordable Remodeling and Construction Inc.33 N Clyde Ave
- Agalan Inc3N321 Ellsworth Ave
- AGGA RemodelingPO Box 52
- AGT Construction Inc.1560 Fidler Ct.
- AIP Custom Builders and Remodeling Contractors910 Sherwood Drive
Lake Bluff, Illinois
- AJI Custom Cabinets5720 Wilmot Rd
- AK Reliable Construction Co., Inc.9444 Keeler Ave
- Ak remodeling
Oak Forest, Illinois
- AKA Mechanical Services207 S. Channing 1
- AKEA EnterprizeP.O. Box 354
Richton Park, Illinois
- AKORN BUILDERS & DEVELOPERS, INC.5015 W LAWRENCE AVE
- Akrite Construction co.8010 S. Vernon Ave 3
- ALA Architects & Planners, Inc.2600 Behan Road C
Crystal Lake, Illinois
- Alarcon Remodeling4231 w. Altgeld st.
- Alchemy Construction110 East Sunnyside Avenue
- Aldana and Son Construction119 S Summit Ave
Villa Park, Illinois
- Aldgate Construction1221 N Doe Rd
- Aleck Plumbing Inc18027 S Crawford
- ALENIA EXTERIORS6891 CATALPA ST
Hanover Park, Illinois
- Alfano's Home Remodeling LLC4712 Reiland Dr
Crystal Lake, Illinois
- Alhajjare general contractors
- A & A Builders Groups LLC