Derek Electric Inc

Founded 1996 • With Angi since May 2005

Chicago

Derek Electric Inc

Darien, IL 60561

We offer estimates and quotes using video calling

Family owned & operated. Cost is determined by the job. May contact by email or text message (708) 289-0562. Award winning ....

electrician (175)lighting (43)ceiling fan installation (24)HVAC Companies (3)handyman (2)computer repair (1)plastering (1)lamp repair (1)

11/08/2021

One morning, the electrical circuit connecting all of our major kitchen appliances suddenly stopped working. I attempted to troubleshoot and fix the problem myself, but after several failed attempts, I needed to contact an electrician. I text Derek on a Saturday morning, and he responded within 15 minutes and let me know he could come by later that afternoon. When he arrives, he was able to pinpoi...

Description of Work
Kitchen appliance electrical circuit suddenly stopped working

Work Completed On 11/06/2021

06/30/2020

I couldn't be more pleased with the level of service or the price. The service provider arrived wearing a mask and gloves, which was much appreciated during this COVID-19 situation. He was very professional and polite. The work totally resolved the problem with the ceiling fan/light. There is other electrical work, which we will want to address and will hire this company to do the work.

Description of Work
Our ceiling fan wouldn't turn on

Category ceiling fans

Work Completed On 06/20/2020

06/15/2020

This house had an original electrical system with at 16 port circuit breaker. The original wiring had fraying cloth insulation, and the majority of the house circuits were spread just on two circuits (4+ rooms per circuit). Derek and his crew installed a new 30 port breaker, new grounding attachments for the breaker (per code requirements), and several new lines (and associated conduits) for the h...

Description of Work
Installation of 30 Port Breaker and Rewiring of 1940s House

Category electrician,lighting,ceiling fans

Work Completed On 06/08/2020

Review for Derek Electric Inc - Derek Electric Inc, Darien, IL - 38644569

05/09/2020

We thought Derek and his team were excellent to work with. They did quality work, were punctual, professional, and communicated well. We hired Derek to do the electrical side of a kitchen remodel. This encompassed the following: 100A to 200A service upgrade, service panel installation, new home run for kitchen, new outlet installation, wiring of new appliances, new LED Wafer light installation, an...

Description of Work
Electrical Service Upgrade, Overhead Lighting Installation, Kitchen Rewire

Category electrician,lighting

Work Completed On 04/26/2020

05/06/2020

I'm very glad I contacted Derek Electric Inc. Everything went fine; the repair work was done quickly, professionally, and efficiently. The price was great, and the customer service was excellent. I wouldn't hesitate to contact Derek Electric again, and would highly recommend this company to anyone needing electrical repair work or maintenance.

Description of Work
Electrical socket repair for bathroom light fixture

Category electrician,handyman service,lighting

Work Completed On 05/05/2020

02/19/2020

Absolutely great experience. Quickly quoted, showed up on time, super helpful, very knowledgable, did a completely great job, cleaned up, and went above and beyond what they needed to do. I can not recommend this team enough.

Description of Work
Fishing Ethernet Down Three Levels

Work Completed On 02/19/2020

05/18/2019

They were great! The price was super reasonable, they were friendly, professional, and the work exceeded my expectations. Derek also went above and beyond. My pregnant wife locked herself out of the house, and I could not help her, because I was out of town. Derek came back, and climbed through one of the windows to unlock the door. I would definitely use them again.

Description of Work
New electrical from the service to the circuit breaker.

Work Completed On 05/15/2019

02/28/2019

Derek was amazing! Showed up right on time to review the work; offered a quote to do the work right then and there and offered to schedule it; or since it was a quick job to just knock it out right away! The work was professionally done; and I couldn't be happier with the end result. I will definitely be calling him again for my next job!

Description of Work
Smart Switch Installations

Work Completed On 02/28/2019

01/10/2019

Derek was very professional. He was out of town when I called and he still called me back to let me know. I was able to wait for him to return. He was friendly and professional. He was able to figure out what the problems were and fix them quickly. I would hire him again and highly recommend him.

Description of Work
I had no power in several outlets. Derek was able to locate the problem quickly. He also was able to fix a fixture in a bedroom and another outlet in the bathroom.

Work Completed On 01/10/2019

12/24/2018

After installing a deck, our town inspector told us we needed to replace our electrical mast so it was at least ten feet above the level of our deck, which involved replacing the existing mast and running the new one through the soffit and roof. WE found three vendors on Angies List, all rated A. Derek Electric (note: the owners name is not 'Derek' - its a long story) was the most responsive, agre...

Description of Work
Elevate electrical mast above newly installed deck to meet local code requirements.

Work Completed On 10/25/2018

Review for Derek Electric Inc - Derek Electric Inc, Darien, IL - 37624632

Electrical contractor - wiring, upgrades, new installation and repairs, fixture installations, troubleshooting.Data network, telephone network, intercom system, computer network, pre-wiring for securities cameras,electrician

alarm system