A pet or dog door that allows your furry friend to go outside and play should be installed by a handyperson with carpentry experience.
Get matched with top door installers in Challis, ID
There are 1 highly-rated local door installers.
Matching on Angi
Recent Door Installation Reviews in Challis
- DaBella - BoiseKyle was amazing. Showed up on time. Very well spoken and was able to communicate information to me in an easy to understand yet professional way. He was very good about accommodating my budget as much as possible and listened to my concerns then tried to find a way to address them.
- DaBella - BoiseMelia did an absolute amazing job making sure the windows I received were top quality and the best price and payments that would fit my budget she was very professional and answered all the questions I had about the whole process I 10/10 would recommend this company for any services/renovations you need preformed
- J & J ConstructionJerry and the entire crew did an excellent job. They came out and met to review the scope of the project and then worked up a bid. They began construction shortly after obtaining the building permit. They finished the project exactly on bid. The building was finished in a professional manner. They even enclosed all outside wood in painted custom formed metal, so there is nothing needing to be painted every few years. We highly recommend their work and we would not hesitate to hire them if we need a contractor in the future
- J & J ConstructionJerry was amazing. There was a bit of a wait until he could get to our project, but once he did, he did a terrific job. He worked well with my elderly parents, and listened to their concerns, and wants. He was extremely knowledgeable and experienced in every facet of the work he did. He was very conscientious about doing quality work, and he made sure that the repairs would last and that they were up to code. I love the way it all turned out and I would recommend him to anyone, without reservation
- J & J ConstructionWe are more than satisfied with the work done by J&J Construction for the residing and window/door replacement project. The crew worked hard when they were here, and always completely cleaned up the job site when the left at the end of each day. Jerry provided lots of ideas for our residing project - he is at no loss for ideas! This was really helpful, as we had not even considered board and batten siding, but it was a good choice for our house type and for the southern wind and sun exposure. The job foreman was quick to pick up on problem areas which always crop up in older homes: *Roof drainage in one corner was a problem as it overwhelmed the existing gutter and caused water to funnel in at the top of the window - not a good scenario for keeping water out. He and Jerry worked out a good gutter arrangement that channeled less water to that corner and moved water away from the top of the window. We had a couple of rainstorms that proved it's worth. *The job foreman noticed a problem on an side exposure that was not in the original scope of work where the flashing was in front of the old siding, and suggested we reside that bit as well, putting the flashing behind the siding to prevent water from getting in. The crew paid attention to details: They took the time to re-stain areas after expansion/contraction exposed new unstained areas. They replaced old unpainted screws on the window trim around the remainder of the house with new painted screws around the entire house, so that the new trim and old trim would be more uniform. A minor detail, but it blended the old and the new together. Jerry gets pretty busy and missed an email from me on work scope that caused a delay in waiting for a window to arrive - but he is very responsive to phone calls. We highly recommend J&J Construction, hands down
- J & J ConstructionReally well. They were so helpful with suggestions and taking care of even the small details so that everything was done right. Very easy to communicate with, very practical, and very knowledgeable.
- J & J ConstructionWe initially contacted Jerry Stuart of J & J Construction for help with removal of our 3 tree stumps. In getting an estimate for that we found out the he did many other types of work. We asked him for an estimate for replacing our patio door (form the house), fixing our cracking patio and an RV pad. In walking around, Jerry pointed out that our roof line was sagging due to an improperly installed post and discussed with us what we could do to fix it. Needless to say our initial bid for removal of tree stumps soon blossomed into a full blown project. Jerry was very good about discussing our options and very flexible in accommodating our needs. Together we came up with a plan and work began the next day!! Work began on October 20, 2012 and despite weather delays and additional work we added, we were completed by November 13, 2012. Jerry and his team are extremely hard workers and have an incredible attention to detail. The work that they completed for us is even better than I could have imagined. It was fun working with them in coming up with ideas on some of the finish work. I really appreciate have a crew that is on time, works a full day and works on Saturdays to get things done. And did I mention their work is awesome!
- J & J ConstructionIt went very smoothly. The workers were very nice and easy to talk with. The work was done beautifully. The price was exactly the amount quoted prior to work starting. They made suggestions before starting work that were very good and made the whole project better. They were very considerate of our living in the home at the time and cleaned their work area very well each day. They notified us whenever they would not be coming that day as they were awaiting a subcontractor. They have done a minor job or us recently. It was done exactly as needed and within the price and time frame they gave us. All in all, we had a smooth and pleasant experience. I would definitely hire them again and will recommend them to anyone talking of remodeling or needing their services in any way
- All American Remodeling & Handyman ServicesThe work is phenomenal so far, we still have a week left to completion, The men have showed up daily and are finishing on schedule for what was promised. They are knowledgeable and skilled, we had to run new sewer lines with some jack-hammering and busting out concrete walls, and they took care to prep well. The one thing I learned is, I wished we had itemized the work and individual budgeted prices at the beginning, because we had done our own painting and left out things like radiant flooring to try to save what I thought would have been a lot of money, those things were included on the original bid, yet we are still paying the same price of the original bid. We have not been able to live in the space yet, I will edit with photos when it's completed
- All About Remodeling and Handyman ServicesThey respond within a few minutes in an emergency, and are very professional. All in all very impressed each time I’ve hired them and would definitely do it again and will in a heart beat.
Door Installers in Challis
- Business Description:Family owned business. Been in business since 1988.Recent Review:Quickly diagnosed and explained what work needed to be done. He needed a more heavy duty spring to raise my garage door. Had it made and installed next day. Obvious to see he takes pride in his work. Very polite and friendlyJanice M.
- Business Description:Classic Copper Works uses time honored German copper smith techniques handed down from father to son and passed on to our highly skilled artisans. We specialize in the fabrication of custom copper & bronze products and other metal specialties. WE DO NOT OFFER REPAIR SERVICES OF ANY KIND. Additional phone number - (888) 908-5339Recent Review:The first unit was delivered in a timely manner. However, the carrier did not adhere to the shippers warnings about product fragility and the unit was received in a damaged state. The unit was sent back to Classic Copperworks for repair. The repair was treated as a priority by Mr. Threadgill, who had the unit shipped back to me in three weeks. It arrived in good condition that time. <br /> Mr Threadgill was very helpful in providing support in order to finish our project. He even had a caulking product sent to us in order to help with flashing the unit. That meant alot. <br /> I am not a professional contractor, but was able to install the unit myself with his support. However, my profession does provide me the opportunity to serve the public and as such, I feel that I am more than qualified in commenting on good service. While Classic Copperworks may not be the cheapest provider of goods and services, they stand behind their product and provide great support. It requiress a "leap of faith" to order an expensive unit from an out-of-state provider with no prior mutual history, but I can attest to my complete satisfaction. <br /> WRS <br /> <br /William S.
- Business Description:With Uxari, you and your home are connected, automatically. You choose what to connect (devices) and we do the connecting (wireless services plan). Plus, we do it for as little as $99 down with monthly payments as low as $34.99. At Uxari, you will talk to a real person when you have a question, 7 days a week. So go ahead, start enjoying your new life style, knowing answers to all your questions are only a call or an e-mail away. And the best part is all of our services come with a 30-day, ris..Recent Review:Vitex sales process was great over the phone, very clear on the services, cost and setting the time for installation. Installation process was excellent. He set up all the services, explained everything very clearly, made sure I understood Alarm.com app. Really pleasedMarty M.
- Business Description:When you need a glass expert in Ada County to help you renovate your windows and cut down costs on your next electricity bill, look no further. Glass Doctor of Southwest Idaho provides home, business and auto services to Boise, Ogden, and Pocatello and surrounding areas. Whether it’s installing, repairing or upgrading, we have a solution for you. With our around the clock availability, our team offers services that could not only benefit your home, business and vehicle, but also the environm..Recent Review:Just before the New Year I had a second story arch window fail and fall out of its mounting. While I was able to seal the opening from the weather I needed a replacement fast. Based on a Angie's list search I found Glass Doctor of Southern Idaho. The folks there responded the same day I called them and were able to provide a replacement in 2 days. I am grateful for their quick response and professionalism. Their folks were great and they really did fix my Paynes. I would recommend them whole heartily. Thanks Rich LinRichard L.
- Business Description:2 employees.Recent Review:Newt did an excellent job. He showed up on time and was well prepared to complete the job before company arrived for the 4th of July. Newt is professional and I will definitely use his services again. He had the fairest price compared to the other bids. He was straight forward and honest in his quote. When an additional cost arose, he contacted me before completing the work. <br /Paula A.
- Business Description:"Your Car Part Solutions. We specialize in ALL makes and models, QUALITY used auto parts. We are a wrecking yard located in Sacramento, CA . Thousands of parts in stock ready to ship and many vehicles in stock ready to be dismantled.
- Business Description:We are a preferred supplier of windows, doors, hardware and other architectural building productsRecent Review:My experience with them overall was excellent. They were very patient with the fact that it took me a long time to make a decision. They didn't put any pressure on me but they were available to provide me with any information I neededJulie R.
- Business Description:Stained glass materials & tools. Repairs and restoration of stained glass. Custom designs for cabinets,entries,and architectural applications.
- Business Description:We install and or repair new and existing garage doors and openersRecent Review:I called Monster Garage Doors, Inc this afternoon around 1:00 to see if they would have the time to fix my garage door sometime this weekend. I initially got their voicemail and left a message. They called me back within 15 minutes and arranged to have one of their guys come to my house to size up the situation and then fix my door, which wasn't opening at all. Their guy (I forgot his name) showed up exactly when he said he would at 3:30. He examined the door and went back to his shop to make the appropriate springs, then returned and proceeded to fix my door. By 5 it was done. He had lubed the door so it opened smoothly, replaced both cables, reinforced the top of the door (which was bent and sagging) at no cost to me, and replaced the springs. He was very professional and seemed to know exactly what he was doing, unlike the previous company I had out the prior day to give me a quote on the repair. The only reason I gave the price a B instead of an A was because they charged almost double for the cables than other companies I had called for quotes, although cables are still pretty cheap, and a bit more for the springs as well. The invoice was about $60 more than I was quoted, but that was no doubt my own fault because I had thought my garage door was a one-and-a-half size, when it turned out to be a two car garage size, thus needing an extra spring to have it work properly. All in all, I was quite satisfied with the job; it was very well done and done in a very timely manner. <br /Jessica W.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful door installer articles
Can you fix a broken door? Some cosmetic damage can be fixed using splines, wood filler, or hinge adjustments. Serious door damage usually requires a replacement.
Investing in a storm door has many benefits, such as extra security, better air circulation, energy efficiency, increased curb appeal, and more natural light.
door installers in Challis
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- American Exteriors905 S Industry Way 107
Meridian, Idaho 83642
- American Exteriors
- Bannock Carpentry331 Lavender St
Pocatello, Idaho 83202
- Bannock Carpentry
- Franklin Building Supply1951 Flandro Dr
Pocatello, Idaho 83202
- Franklin Building Supply
- GREEN ACRES HOME IMPROVEMENTS4020 E 65TH S
Idaho Falls, Idaho 83406
- GREEN ACRES HOME IMPROVEMENTS
- Haney Door Service423 W Sherman Ave
Nampa, Idaho 83686
- Haney Door Service
- JOHNSON BROTHERS2240 S Cole Rd. Ste. 150
Boise, Idaho 83709
- JOHNSON BROTHERS
- MONSTER GARAGE DOORS INCPO Box 2786
Idaho Falls, Idaho 83403
- MONSTER GARAGE DOORS INC
- Premier Doors & MillworksPO Box 2411 4771 Hwy 200
Thompson Falls, Montana 59873
- Premier Doors & Millworks