Brick and stone are some of the strongest construction materials. With proper maintenance, your masonry might even outlive you. Here’s how to get started.
Get matched with top masonry contractors in Ogden, IA
There are 1 highly-rated local masonry contractors.
Matching on Angi
Recent Masonry Reviews in Ogden
- McElmeel Plastering & Masonry IncI contacted Dennis well in advance of the build start. He talked me through what he needed to get started and at what point he entered the build process. He showed up on schedule. He worked with me on the stone I had picked out. The stone distributor I picked the stone from was not very motivated to get me samples. Dennis worked with them to get them to ship me samples and then later to get the appropriate tonnage shipped to the site. He said it was some of the hardest stone he had worked with, but he got it done and the stone and masonry is beautiful. Several months later (after the drywall had been installed and there was water available inside) they started the mudding process on the drywall. They worked so hard and brought in bullet heaters to get the mud to dry more rapidly. I really wanted to move in before Christmas and they helped me accomplish that goal. They had to bring in scaffolding to do the pitched ceilings of the the great room, but It was really amazing to watch them up on stilts mudding the ceilings and higher sections of the walls in the other rooms
- JOHN'S TUCKPOINTINGI talked to John and he suggested I come by the job he was completing to view his work. He had just completed the tuckpointing of an apartment building and I was impressed with his attention to detail and hard work ethic.John stopped by the day after I called and gave me an estimate to do the tuckpointing on my house. John is very earnest and friendly with an easy going confidence in his work. He said that if we had to replace some bricks there would be an additional charge depending on how many bricks had to be replaced. My 1923 bungalow has wire cut bricks which are hard to find. John went around to local brickyards to find suitable replacements. However, I was able to find some spare bricks in the basement and garage which John used in the process. He replaced about 20 bricks. Before tuckpointing John suggested a powerwash of the bricks for an additional cost. This made a huge difference! I found out that my house has red/orange brick, not chocolate/brown brick. The wire cut bricks get dirty and made the house look very drab. John's crew was professional and very friendly. I bought them a bucket chicken upon completion of the job for which they were very appreciative. The house looks great! Their job was professional and completed ontime despite the inclimate weather. I would highly recommend John's Tuckpointing
- Built Right MasonryBuilt Right Masonry (Dan Wietzke) does professional, beautiful quality masonry. They did all the masonry work on a big addition to our house. They also poured our garage floor, built a fantastic stone BBQ on the deck and created a feature, stacked stone wall in our diningroom. They give 100% accurate bids, show up on time and clean up when they leave. I've used them a number of times & have been totally satisfied each and every time
- Allen MasonryHe also did the job for less then he quoted. The Crew was hard working and professional. I can not say enough good things about Tj and his fantastic crew. I will recommend them to every one i know. We have decided to hold off on selling it for now. Because it looks Wonderful and we want to use it for ourselves now
- Allen Masonry ContractorThe building was is sorry shape and we had searched for a while for someone to come and fix it. We had several other bids. All were out of our price range. Then some one recommended Allen masonry. He came down and gave us a reasonable bid. We liked him right away. Very easy to talk to. He's very knowledgable. We agreed to the bid and he was there early the following monday. It took approx. 2 weeks for completion. It looked better than i had anticipated. The final price was 2 thousand $ cheaper. Tj and his crew were Fantastic. They went above and beyond what was expected. They cleaned up every day and when they left it was like they were never there. I will highly recommend them to everyone i know, i would call them again. You won't find a more hard working, fair, excellent quality of work, anywhere. I cannot say enough good things
- Custom Brick and Stone Co., IncWe are 100% satisfied with Custom Brick and Stone. The don't just come in and do minimum work. They explained in detail what needed immediate attention and what could wait a year or two but definitely needs to be done within that time frame. The workers were fast and efficient. They were very polite. I was quite concerned about getting the chimney flue in the living room cleaned -- I had never seen it done and had visions of brushes being vigorously used with soot flying into the living room!!! Little did I know! The work was done from the top of the chimney with a cover placed in front of the fireplace opening to prevent any soot from escaping. If I hadn't been standing right there while the chimney was being cleaned, I would never have known it had been done. Except that it was absolutely amazing to see individual bricks in the fire box that had been covered with years and years of soot! I highly recommend Custom Brick and Stone. Be sure to visit their website to view the work they have done on several historic houses in Keokuk, the Rand Park Pavilion, and the Chief Keokuk Monument in Rand Park
- BOECKER'S MASONRYThese bigger contractors throw the little guy (me) a inflated price and hope you bite. They gave me a quote for 1650.00. I had the work done for 275.00 to my satisfaction.
- Dave Walker ConstructionThe stairs initially looked great, until the cement started chipping away a couple of months later. I had contacted him numerous times to come take a look at the faulty stairs and gave him plenty of chances to stand by his work and repair it. He continued to give me the run around and kept telling me "next week, maybe". Well, "next week" never came around and my stairs have never been fixed. When I told him that I was thinking about taking legal action, he replied, "Go ahead, it's nothing new.". I would NOT recommend him to ANYONE
Masonry Contractors in Ogden
- Business Description:Behncke construction has been serving the Quad Cities for over 60 years.Recent Review:I had a fantastic experience working with the Behncke team recently. They did some major work on our home. Our porch was sinking on our 1920's home and they raised the porch and leveled the footings. They also came in and tore out about 100 feet of concrete sidewalk. The bid was extremely fair, especially compared to others. The crew that did the work was extremely professional and pleasant. My wife works a lot from home and said they were always really great to her when at our home. Joe even went above and beyond, helping us with some additional clean up at the worksite. Excellent service. Looking forward to working with Behncke Construction again. <br /Daniel S.
- Business Description:EHM is a structural moving and elevating company that also specializes in foundation repair and replacement. We have been working in the Midwest since the Great Floods of 1993. We specialize in severely comprised foundation issues. We can elevate, level, pier or replace a wall or your entire foundation. We do not do mudjacking, waterproofing or minor crack repairRecent Review:<p>Just wanted to drop a line or two and let you all know how impressed we were with both your workmen and their work. In today's society, you just don't find companies that really do a great job, they usually just do enough to "get by".<br /> <br /><br /> <br />At times, without their knowledge, I was home and could hear some of the men talking. Much to my surprise, their language and subject matter were always appropriate. Don't find that much in the labor force today! It spoke volumes to me. When they did speak with us, they were always very kind and informative.<br /> <br /></p> <p>The work that was performed consisted of excavating the dirt to gain access to the footings on both sides of the foundation. On the inside, they had to bust out the concrete floor and hand dig to the footing in order to install their brackets for the "unified lift system". After installing the brackets, they attached special hydraulic equipment to the brackets which drove 3" diameter<br /> <br />pipes down to bedrock. Next, they attached a hydraulic jacking system to each pier location. Using their special vehicle with a unique hydraulic pumping system they attached hydraulic lines to each location and were able to do a controlled lift. From what we understand, your company is one of the only ones that can perform this "unified lift".<br /> <br /> <br /> <br />We were taking pictures daily and emailing them out to family and friends who could not believe their eyes! They started out making our basement look like a bomb went off and when they were done it was swept and looking very nice!<br /> <br /><br /> <br />All this to say that the work done was absolutely astonishing! We will highly recommend EHM to everyone that we hear may need this type of work completed.<br /> <br /><br /> <br />Thanks so much again. We were dreading having this work completed, but you all made it so much nicer by your<br /> <br />expertise, kindness, and professionalism.</p> <p>Mike and Cheryl <br /> <br /></p> <br /Mike H.
- Business Description:Professional Quality Concrete pumping for the last 12 years. We make sure the the job gets done right regardless of how big or small. Specialize in Residential,Commercial and agriculture - Basements - Block Grouting - Driveways - Short Walls - All Flat-work - Lite form walls Call Us Today
- Business Description:Creative Home Renovations provides top quality services with competitive prices through our dedication to detail to each project assuring only the best for each of our clients. A business is only as good as its people and this is especially true in the construction industry. Whatever your dreams may be for your future project, rest assured it will be handled promptly, professionally, with 100% satisfaction with our company going and beyond the expectations for our clientele. Your home is pro..
- Business Description:General Contractor, in business since 1957. Total new construction commercial and residential. Remodel of all types commercial and residential. Rigid building pre-engineered metal buildings. Call Me!
- Business Description:We currently have no special promotions.
- Business Description:Flexible hours to fit your needs. Free estimates. Reliable, professional, insured.
- Business Description:Frase Construction Inc is a locally owned and operated business in the Ottumwa area since 1999. Business owner, Jeremy Frase invites you to come visit his showroom, complete with a large variety of retail products. Frase Construction specializes in new construction and remodeling. Serves include: - Roofing - Additions - Windows - Siding - Kitchens & Baths - Cabinets - Concrete - Electrical - Plumbing - Decks - Garages - General contractors - Designed build - Egress Windows - Casement W..Recent Review:Very responsive, showed up when they said they would and every day until the job was complete. Estimate was substantially lower than the other two we recieved. Windows are level, plumb and sealed well. They took no precautions to protect our carpet or hardwood floors, tracked mud an dirt in and didn't clean it up. the finish wood work (re-installing trim) is some of the poorest I have ever seen. Large gaps in corners, nail holes not filled, wood chipped, etc. Called and complained and they came right out and redid the trim, second try was marginally better but resulted in even more nail holes not filled. Spent several hours in the yard picking up screws, insulation, and chards of aluminum after job was completeKirk B.
- Business Description:Our company is family owned & operated. We have been exceeding expectations in the Midwest since; 1983. Our state of the art technology provides you with precise high quality stone work. We also have gifted artisans to create your vision or replicate century old restorations. Our passionate, knowledgeable team, strives to make your business with Premier Brick & Stone a positive experience. Stone countertops are created & installed by our team. We have a large group of highly respected mas..
- Business Description:We have 3 employee's at the moment. Depending on size of job. Half is due upfront before work is started.Recent Review:I like them a lot. They were good to me. They took my old counter top and remove the sink,took out, the old stove and the placed new counter top, sink, glass top flat stove and new stainless steel hood. They charged me exactly the amount they quoted me. they were friendly, honest and they gave me a detailed quote. They are a small company but they gave me a very good service. I was impressed. They even cleaned after the work was doneKatherine G.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful masonry contractor articles
Brick steps are a timeless addition to your home with durable materials that can last a lifetime. We review your cost to replace brick front door steps here.
This guide will help you add up all of the cinder block wall costs, including materials and labor. The type of wall, such as a garden fence or retaining wall, and the dimensions of the wall change the total blockwork price.
Find masonry contractors in
masonry contractors in Ogden
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- Audino Frank Construction Inc2805 W 4th St
Sioux City, Iowa 51103
- Audino Frank Construction Inc
- Behncke Construction Inc.1009 W. 2nd St.
Davenport, Iowa 52802
- Behncke Construction Inc.
- Premier Brick & Stone2769 Stonegate Ct.
Hiawatha, Iowa 52233
- Premier Brick & Stone
- Tri State Pumping Inc1070 2nd Ave NE
Sioux Center, Iowa 51250
- Tri State Pumping Inc