Brick and stone are some of the strongest construction materials. With proper maintenance, your masonry might even outlive you. Here’s how to get started.
Get matched with top masonry contractors in Grimes, IA
There are 9 highly-rated local masonry contractors.
Matching on Angi
Recent Masonry Reviews in Grimes
- Buresh Home Solutions, Inc.Buresh employees were able to match older brick pattern which is no longer made. The two men who performed the work did an excellent job. I can not tell where the new brick work starts and the old ends. Job turned out much better than I had hoped. This company does excellent work...not the cheapest, but competitive. If you want the best call Buresh (pun intended), if you want cheap call another company
- Buresh Home Solutions, Inc.We contacted Buresh based on reviews on Angie's List. They came to our home to review, discuss and measure the work to be done. We scheduled an appointment to go to their office and review options, look at material options, and costs. A time was scheduled for work to begin and end. The workers were prompt, personable, and did excellent work
- Buresh Home Solutions, Inc.Easy to work with and prompt. The handyman, Ron, came and reviewed the projects and got right to work. He worked quickly and seemed to be an expert at all my various projects. It was a pleasure to have these projects off our list. Plus, he even vacuumed my counters after he worked in the kitchen. My husband and I are very happy and will call on them next month to do more
- Jaigo Construction LLCWhat a fantastic experience! We hired Jaigo Construction to lay some new brick, repair some old brick, and do lots of tuck pointing. We couldn't be happier with both the quality of their work and their fair price. Amazing attention to detail! They made sure to tint the new mortar so that it matched the old mortar, they fixed things we didn't even know needed fixing, they made repairs that went beyond the scope of their estimate—yet they didn't charge us a penny more. Jaigo Construction worked so hard to match the brick on our 60-year-old house and did a fantastic job with that, finding great brick from half-way across the country. The workers were prompt and polite. And after all the work was done, Jaigo cleaned up so thoroughly, no one could have guessed they were here. Finally, Jaigo's estimate was considerably less than those we received from other reputable masonry companies. If this sounds like a rave review, it is. We couldn't be happier with Jaigo Construction
- Umthun ConstructionGreg was awesome to work with. He came out within 24 hours of my initial phone call. He has great communication skills and most importantly he does a great job! I highly recommend Greg and his team!
- Umthun ConstructionUmthun Construction were very professional. I went with a different company because of recommendations I received from others on another company. It was a close call, but with the personal recommendations, it made me lean towards the other company more. I would have gone with them. They've very informative. They're very friendly and very professional. I'm actually thinking about using them for some more work in the future
- Ned's PaintingI am very pleased with the results of Ned's work. I am very picky and so is Ned. He painted the exterior, several rooms inside as well as the garage. I have used Ned before and will continue to use him in my future projects.
- SILENT RIVERS DESIGN + BUILDIt could not have gone better. They coordinated the subcontractors and kept us informed along the way.
- Old World MasonryFantastic!! Eric reminded me of companies years ago where they would call you back, do what they promised, and deliver a superior product. Would defiantly highly recommend him!!
- Veach MasonryThis was a small job but they fit us into their schedule and got it done in a few hours, calling in advance of coming. They were able to clean and re-use the existing brick which was great.
Masonry Contractors in Grimes
- Business Description:We are a small buisness that has a personel touch. We have 4 employees that are curtious, trustwearthy and will be on the job everyday. We can do everything except lay carpet and HVAC but have very repitable buisnesses that we use for this. We take nothing up front so you pay as you go on every projectRecent Review:Umthun Construction were very professional. I went with a different company because of recommendations I received from others on another company. It was a close call, but with the personal recommendations, it made me lean towards the other company more. I would have gone with them. They've very informative. They're very friendly and very professional. I'm actually thinking about using them for some more work in the futureRobin N.
- Business Description:Here to help with all your construction needs; Roofing, Siding, Driveways, Concrete and Masonry. Give us a call today!
- Business Description:Buresh Home Solutions, Inc has been serving Iowa home owners for over 13 years. We are committed to earning your business by offering our customers more choices to meet their needs and budgets. We are pleased to offer all Angie's List Members a 5% discount up to $500.00 on their next home improvement project . We offer a variety of financing programs and in many cases can finance the entire project or offer no interest programs as well. Our team is made up of dedicated professionals committed..Recent Review:They are very knowledgeable and I felt very comfortable making the decision. They showed me the different windows they have and answered my questions to make sure I got the best windows for my home. The crew was on time and communicated with me through the install processBilly P.
- Business Description:Anything concrete Concrete driveways Patios Steps Colored decorative concrete New construction basements , garages. Additional phone number - (515) 986 - 0879Recent Review:I'm not sure how to fit how GOOD I feel about Chris and his crew into one review. If you want to hire someone who will ensure that the job is done RIGHT and to your satisfaction, hire Chris. He might be the hardest working person I've ever met, and he cares about his crew... and it shows. The attention to detail and their desire to want to finish the job so that the customer is happy, it says it all. They work together well, everyone knowing what they are supposed to be doing. Polite and courteous the entire time. My neighbors can't stop raving about how good everything looks. If you want a concrete job that is going to look good, and is going to last... look no further.Justin K.
- Business Description:Providing quality, affordable work from a licensed professional contractor. A large percentage of our business is generated from repeat customers and referrals. We are a trustworthy family business you can count onRecent Review:The basement remodel went well and we are very pleased with the work that Tim and his team completed. On the whole, Tim provided a good price, high-quality work, and was responsive and professional throughout the project. The punctuality of the work was only fair, however. To be fair, this was more typical of the sub-contractors Tim used and not him directly. We consistently had to contact Tim to see when the electrician and the drywall installer were, since they often did not show up at the appointed time. The price we paid for the whole project was $16,000. This price was $3-5,000 less than we were quoted from two other estimates we received. The $16,000 includes several (mostly minor) changes we made as the remodel was being completed (double closet door instead of single, etc). The only issue I had with the price was that the electrician that Tim used seemed to charge far too much ($3,300). I won’t pretend to know exactly the going rate for what he did, but it sure seems like we should have been able to save hundreds of dollars here with a different electrician. I expressed these concerns to Tim during the project and he said he would do his best to keep costs down, because he seemed to think it was high as well. On the whole, we were very happy with the overall cost of the remodel, but next time I will certainly be asking for a couple of bids on the electrical side. The work was high quality. The basement looks very nice and everything flows together well. We went through the work that was completed most nights and when we pointed out things that needed fixing, Tim made sure it was done. It’s been six months since everything was completed and everything is holding up well. I did notice that the can lights in the basement loosen a bit when our kids are jumping around on the main floor (and need to be pushed back in ¼”), but I don’t think that’s much of an issue. Tim’s responsiveness was good throughout the project. He usually answered our phone calls and when we left voicemails they were returned in a reasonable amount of time. As mentioned above, he followed up on issues we pointed out in a timely manner. When we had questions about a sub-contractor timeliness or work product, he addressed it directly with them. The punctuality was fair. Tim and his direct employee generally arrived close to the stated time, but the sub-contractors were often later than they stated, sometimes as late as several hours. With young kids needing naps (and the loud/inconsistent noises from construction), it would have been much appreciated to have people show up at or near the appointed time, which simply didn’t consistently happen. For his part, when we called Tim he reached out to the sub-contractors right away and typically responded to us quickly with a correct, updated time. Still, a C is a fair rating on the whole. Tim’s professionalism throughout the project was very good. He never came off as rushed and took the time to listen to our questions and comments. He always kept the price within reason and did a good job of explaining out the cost of any changes we had. He would call from a hardware store to ask about the color/style of something if he wasn’t sure. He treated us with respect and it was clear that he wanted us to be happy with the job. Lisa, his wife and main office contact, was very friendly and got me information I requested quickly and efficiently. High marks hereevan b.
- Business Description:We have been in business since 2001, serving central Iowa. We started as a roofing only contractor. However, at the request of our clients, we have expanded to become a full service exterior remodeling company. This includes; siding, soffit, fascia, and gutters! We frequently work with our clients on insurance claims. We offer maintenance deals. We also offer financing options with third party vendors. We are a Certified Owens Corning contractor and Certified GAF contractor. Our team is train..Recent Review:After having a few negative experiences with contractors, what a surprise to work with a company that seems to do everything well. Albert came out to my house to give an estimate and I was sold almost immediately. Albert told me about my current shingles and that there had been a class action lawsuit. He offered to help me if I wanted to go after the company and then proceeded to tell me that I could probably get by for a couple of years if I wanted to go that route. I was so impressed with his knowledge and honesty that I decided to just pull the trigger and have them replaced. Albert told me that it would take three days. The first day there were 30mph winds so it wasn't safe for the crew to start work. Albert kept me in the loop and said they would start the next day. The job ended up taking two days including cleanup. The crew probably spent 3 hours cleaning up and left the yard looking better than when they arrived. Albert then followed up and spent an hour or so checking on their work and also doing another pass of cleaning up the nails. Replacing a roof is expensive and not an exciting way to spend your money but Action Roofing did a great job and I would highly recommend using them for roofing issuescurtis g.
- Business Description:We don't have any sub-contractors, payment upon completion.Recent Review:Gil and his crew are as good as it gets. You will get top notch quality at a reasonable price. They pay attention to the details from doing the work to clean up. This is one of the few contractors that I can be away from the job site and never worry about the work. He does all my workLonny C.
- Recent Review:They were very nice to work with and explained in full detail what they were doing, the parts of a chimney, and what needs to be done. They spent a lot of time with me going over the process. I feel better educated on chimney and chimney safety after having them come out to do the inspection and cleaning.Jessica G.
- Business Description:Drywall licensed contractor serving L.A for more than 20 years and now serving Palmdale area with Additional number: 8183359147. I am fully insured. NO JOB IS TOO SMALL !!! Give me the opportunity to show you why people prefer the King of Drywall. I never request money in advance (in jobs that are not more than 6 days ). If you're happy with my work, I'm happy to receive payment! If you are not satisfied, I will work hard until you are 100% satisfiedRecent Review:Ciro was one of the first to respond and he actually came by quickly to see the scope of the work. I got a few bids but felt most comfortable with Menaci because of the reviews. Good communication. Dates had to be be switched a little, but it was discussed. The actual work was excellent and took less time that quoted. The workman was careful to cover everything and cleaned up beautifully inside. He neglected to clean up all on the outside. I let Ciro know and he personally came over on a Saturday and cleaned up extremely well. He cleaned up an area that was not really a part of the mess. I felt like this was an excellent response to my situation. Thanks for the work and the extra work you did to make it all rightPam D.
- Business Description:Our mission is simple, provide premium products and the highest level of craftsmanship guaranteed. No money down, free estimates, free inspections.Recent Review:Everlast Exteriors did an exterior renovation for us and we could not be happier. They do quality work. We have used them before on other investment homes. They are very skilled and knowledgeable. Make the right decision and Hire Everlast Exteriorantonio a.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful masonry contractor articles
Brick steps are a timeless addition to your home with durable materials that can last a lifetime. We review your cost to replace brick front door steps here.
This guide will help you add up all of the cinder block wall costs, including materials and labor. The type of wall, such as a garden fence or retaining wall, and the dimensions of the wall change the total blockwork price.
Find masonry contractors in
masonry contractors in Grimes
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- Dirt Trackers516 N York
Monroe, Iowa 50170
- Dirt Trackers
- Iowa Tuckpointing710 Patterson Dr.
Carlisle, Iowa 50047
- Iowa Tuckpointing
- Jepson Enterprises1812 60th St
Des Moines, Iowa 50322
- Jepson Enterprises
- Lounsbury Landscaping Sand & Gravel6000 Raccoon River Dr.
West Des Moines, Iowa 50266
- Lounsbury Landscaping Sand & Gravel
- Professional Contracting Iowa 767 NE Broadway Ave
Des Moines, Iowa 50313
- Professional Contracting Iowa
- Quality Landscaping & Construction110 Windfield Pkwy
Waukee, Iowa 50263
- Quality Landscaping & Construction
- Top Notch Chimney Sweep & Services LLC4531 143rd Street
Urbandale, Iowa 50323
- Top Notch Chimney Sweep & Services LLC
- Umthun Construction11651 NW 121st St
Granger, Iowa 50109
- Umthun Construction