Attic insulation can help keep you comfortable year-round, lower your energy bills, and provide cleaner indoor air. Find out how much attic insulation costs and learn answers to common questions about this household essential.
Get matched with top insulation contractors in Oakland, IA
There are 3 highly-rated local insulation contractors.
Recent Insulation Reviews in Oakland
- L & L Home Solutions With Universal Windows DirectThe company came and explained their windows and the process of replacing our old ones. They emailed us an estimate and came one more time to measure. They sent several workers to put the windows in. They did a great job at keeping our house clean and did not leave a mess. On the last day they put the insulation in. We were very pleased with the work and the product
- Globe Siding, Insulation, & Window CoGlobe did an excellent job. During the estimate process, the reasoning for doing the steps required was well presented and right in line with Aliant's energy assessment information. The professionalism exhibited was really exceptional right down to filling out rebate forms. The consideration for our comfort and keeping us informed as the job progressed was appreciated. All air byways were sealed, attic baffles were inspected, fresh air flow enhanced, rim joints insulated. Very obvious that the customer was a priority. Highly recommend Globe Siding, Insulation & Window
- Globe Siding, Insulation, & Window CoInsulation went great. Received a lot of good information as eventually I will be moving into a full remodel of my upstairs and will need his assistance for more insulation once the remodel is done. The job that was done was done well. Cleaned up the whole area (vacuuming) as I had blow insulation put in. Made me clear on what was happening before it even happened. Was thurough when it came to showing me before and after the job was done
- LeafGuard by Home Solutions of IowaHSI did a fantastic job! Could feel house was warmer after insulation was sprayed and blown in. Looking forward to lower energy bills!!!
- Froggy Bottom Custom Operators LLCIt went great. They came and gave us a bid for their services, and were able to give us a reasonable idea of when they would be free to return to do the job. The arrived on the scheduled day and were able to complete the job in the number of days quoted. They did a great job keeping the work area clean and tidy
- Clear Choice Energy SolutionsI had Steve from Clear Choice install 2 new windows and insulate the walls of the older home I moved into last fall.
- Newnam Restoration Services IncAfter dealing with an unscrupulous, unprofessional, sloppy and unresponsive animal removal service for the removal of bats in my home, I did not want to continue to deal with them for the clean-up. I was referred to Mike Newnam, who was honest, responsive to my needs, pleasant to deal with and provided excellent service. He helped sort through the insurance maze for me. His workers were prompt, called to let me know when they would arrive, and were very pleasant to deal with. They left my home clean. I would highly recommend Newnam Restoration Service
- Craftmasters RemodelingI had signed up for a siding estimate at the state fair. Mac was the salesman who came to my house and gave a well planned sales pitch for their product and installation. He was very knowledgeable, explained things very well, and answered all my questions. There was one point where he used a tactic that I'm not too thrilled with, saying he would give me a discount if I promise to do 3 things: provide 3 referrals, let them put advertising sign in my yard, & I forget what the 3rd thing was (when Mac reads this, I'm sure he will remind me). To me, if the product and service is as great as what Mac says it was, then there's no need to entice me with a discount in that matter, because those are ways that force me to give references instead of just automatically giving good references. But keep reading, because the crew that did the work was AWESOME and FAST, and we watched their precision while they did the work, which pretty much makes up for the bad sales tactic that Mac used (when Mac reads this, I hope he learns something from my comments here). I work from home so was able to watch the crew, and the project manager - which was Mac the salesman - and I was very impressed with the speed, care, and work ethics of this crew! Mac had said it was a great crew, and being the skeptic I am of sales people (plus sales people talking to a woman), I was greatly surprised that Mac had indeed told me the truth!! There were 3-4 guys on the crew, mostly the same 3 guys were here all week, worked hard to take off the old wood siding & plywood, keeping the area impressively clean the whole time, and had a great attitude! They started every morning at 8:00 am and stopped when it was dark (about 4:30-5:00 pm) when they couldn't see anymore. There was the "lead" guy, Cesar, who was very meticulous about the details - I watched him several times and felt he was working as if on his own house. The other two guys were great too, it was just that Cesar was doing the more detailed work of wrapping & installing flashing, etc. It rained lightly off & on, on one of the days towards end of week. The crew still came and worked in the rain! Mac would call every day or stop by to see how things were going. They installed the house wrap, 3/4" insulation panels over top the existing buffalo board sheathing, and then siding & trim around windows, dryer vent, electrical outlets, and added vinyl wrap (I think that's what is called) around the garage frame where trim would go. After the work was completed, the outside walls were warmer than usual coldness due to no existing insulation. But then we got that 20 degree cold weather, and all the outside walls were cold and our dishes in cupboard on outside wall are still cold, butter in cupboard stays hard as if in refrigerator, so that means the outside insulation didn't do all that I had hoped it would. This house doesn't have any insulation in the walls, plus I need to spray foam between foundation & joists yet to see if this will help as well. An electrician came by to ask where I wanted garage lights installed (on outside), front door light (outside), and a flood light installed in back yard. I also asked if another light switch could be installed, not thinking of it as part of contract, but if I could pay them separately for light switch since they were there. Mac didn't like that too much - he didn't get mad, just kind of perturbed - and I am new at this, so I didn't think it was such a big deal. Idea just popped into my head while talking to electrician about light switches. So I've learned a few things myself in this project and despite these hic-cups, I am quite satisfied with the experience, my new siding, and that it was done so quickly and so well. Inspection passed by Roseville Code Enforcement Officer. There was an additional charge to remove double thickness of plywood, which I thought was kind of an odd charge, since the whole house siding was supposed to be removed as part of the estimate, so a change order had to be done for additional $655. Made note for self on next project is to ask about hidden costs such as when contract is to "remove old siding" - there isn't an extra charge because there was 2 sheets of plywood instead of one. There went my discount for referrals and free advertising. Also, they couldn't add insulation into 3-season porch but they did replace some sheathing and added the siding. I had new gutters and downspouts installed by a different company the week before. Craftmasters Remodeling crew was very careful not to damage aluminum when removing, placing on ground, and re-installing back the way all had been installed. I was able to finance this through a local bank which I applied through Craftmasters Remodeling. Was a fairly decent APR for myself. This allows Craftmasters Remodeling to get paid and hassle-free for both of us, in my opinion. The local bank was one I had credit with before, which is a good thing. The original contract was $15,385 with $2000 down payment (I could make any down payment amount), and $655 change order, for total charge of $14.040. Against my better judgement, I did sign form to waive 3-day MN law where I can cancel contract but since I knew I was going to hire them anyway, I signed the form so the process could get started to beat 'old man winter' on its way. The estimate, finance process, and job took about 8-9 days, which I was very impressed by, with no major glitches. Even the dumpster was delivered and removed in a timely way, by another company, and placed in correct position where I had asked it to be placed. I had asked that no one park in driveway, and no one did, except the electrician but it made his work easier when it was 20 degrees and bitter cold. He borrowed my ladder & put it back when done, cleaned up after himself, and did a great job. Yes, despite these things, I would hire Craftmasters Remodeling for my next project. I did do my research on this company and found many positive things on another website, Home Advisor, plus MAC had a huge book of positives from other customers. BBB had a couple reviews, nothing that bothered me from hiring them to reside my house. The reason for the 'B' rating in price is because I think it was still a little expensive over other people I had talked to, but they had the materials in stock, great finance APR, and ability to start right away that influenced me to hire them
- Globe Siding, Insulation, & Window CoI am so extremely pleased. He is very knowledgeable for coming up with custom solutions for our home. He was very conscientious of our budget and energy savings. He worked along with his employees and I was very impressed. I have been praising him to all of my friends. I will definitely rehire him in the future and recommend his services. He was always on time and responsive to our needs
- Myers Home ImpovementsThey showed up when they said they would and worked efficiently to get the job done in a timely manner. They did everything that was asked of them.
Insulation Companies in Oakland
- Business Description:Energy Nerds know about everything to do with saving money and making homes more energy efficient. We can supply insulation, windows, attic ventilation, solar power, and even paint to save you energy. We perform free energy audits. We are passionate about energy efficiency and believe our reputation is the savings we create for our clients. Our motto is to conserve, create, and prosper! Company Website: https://howtoinsulate.coRecent Review:They were honest by explaining to me why I shouldn't blow insulation into my walls because the siding is wood and would cause mold issue. Other companies would do the work even though they shouldn't.Amanda C.
- Business Description:Premier Exteriors is your one stop service for home contracting in Nebraska, South Dakota and Iowa. Whether you need a new roof, a roof repair or a free hail damage inspection we’re here to help. From residential to commercial roofing, decking, siding, or skylights, Premier Exteriors offers you the latest in technology and the greatest in service in Omaha and the surrounding area. We’ll save you time and save you money by presenting cost effective and timely solutions to the problems you’re f..Recent Review:I needed to replace my home's original deck. A friend recommended Jim Pull with Premier Exteriors, so I had Jim out for a consultation and estimate. I'll say right away that Jim has a kind and gentle personality, and he struck me as being very honest. Once we settled on a design, Jim sent me a quote with digital drawings and a fair price. Once we gave the go-ahead, Jim took it from there. They kept me updated as to the status of the city permits, as Omaha was backlogged. The crew performed their work in a timely and professional fashion. They were very respectful, personable, dedicated, and their workmanship is top notch, as is the quality of the materials. I am very pleased with my larger, beautiful, and SOLID new deck! I'm also extremely pleased with Jim and the crew at Premier Exteriors! I would definitely hire them again for future projects. I couldn't be more pleased or impressed with this companyPhil M.
- Business Description:Thrasher services Nebraska, Western Iowa, Central and Western Kansas* and Northeast Missouri, providing foundation repair for settling and wall stabilization, basement waterproofing, concrete lifting and leveling, radon testing & mitigation, crawl space encapsulation, egress window installation and electrical services. At Thrasher, we work every day to challenge the status quo and provide an unparalleled experience for each of our customers. With over 45 years of experience, you can rest easy..Recent Review:We did a lot of research prior to hiring Thrasher and we were not disappointed. Frankly I had been in denial (and fear) about the work I knew we needed done on our Midtown Omaha home because I was so concerned about the cost and impact on our brick Tudor. We had a crack in the brick near our garage and our basement had been leaking for a number of years with hard rains. From the start of the process, Thrasher was outstanding in terms of communication and education about what they do. Before we met with our Systems Design Specialist, Anthony, we had received e-mails and calls to confirm the date, along with a packet of educational materials about home foundations and waterproofing. When Anthony came to our home, he was very professional and performed a full inspection about our concerns. He prepared an estimate and we selected what was best for us following a thorough review of options he presented. The foundation work was completed first in ONE day. The basement waterproofing was completed the next week over a two-day time frame. The workers were very professional and arrived at the time they arranged with us. In regard to the basement waterproofing, we discovered one small issue. They came out immediately to correct this and all has been worked wonderfully since. We are very pleased with their work and commitment to customer service. Highly recommend Thrasher to anyone considering foundation or waterproofing workBruce H.
- Business Description:residential construction providers specializing in carpentry contracts wood framing as well as interior and exterior trim.remodel rehab reconstruct new construction renovations drywall installations,additions.all fees come with a discount .75 sq ft cellulose insulation special
- Business Description:We install the best insulation for existing homes! RetroFoam injected foam wall insulation saves you money on your energy bills, it also makes your home quieter and more comfortable. Our injectable foam insulation seals even the smallest of openings in the walls of your houseRecent Review:The two workers came as scheduled, did the work quickly, took time to clean up outside, and checked the inside to be sure there was no foam leakage into the house. The workers were friendly, explained what they would do and how they would do it to be sure I did not have any questions for them and that we were all on the same page before they started the workWayne W.
- Business Description:JWinsulators is located in Southeast Iowa. We are the NCFI Spray Foam Polyurethanes insulators. We are a Gold Standard applicator for Open & Closed Cell Polyurethane Spray Foam Insulation.
- Business Description:With 30 years of experience, Kinzler Construction Services is the right contractor for the job. Call us today for a free estimate.Recent Review:The Kinzler team is amazing! They offered suggestions before completing the work to maximize the effectiveness of the insulation, connected me with a company to do this work, provided timely and well-done work, and filed my rebate information with MidAmerican! The entire team was easy to work with and answered all my questions. Highly recommendedBethany W.
- Business Description:Buildings , metal , pole frames , stud frames , metal roofing , metal siding , remodel, new construction, residential and commercial. Insulation spray foam and blow in . We offer competitive pricing with good quality work in a timely manner !
- Business Description:Ask for detailsRecent Review:I don't words for this companies actions . I will just leave it up to other people to give reviews but I gave a rating . <br /> <br /> <br />Mary L.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful insulation contractor articles
Different types of garage insulation all come with advantages. The best option for garage insulation often comes down to price and existing setup. Learn the different types of insulation for your garage and choose the right fit for your home.
How much does insulation cost? The price you pay for insulation depends on a number of factors, including the type you choose, thickness, square footage of the area to be insulated, and more. Learn the average costs of insulating your home.
Find insulation contractors in
- Red Oak
- Council Bluffs
- Elk Horn
- Carter Lake
- Missouri Valley
insulation contractors in Oakland
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- Beverly Foam Insulation & Coatings3106 N. US Hwy 75
Sioux City, Iowa
- Beverly Foam Insulation & Coatings
- Energy Nerds1073 Rockford Rd SW Suite D
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
- Energy Nerds
- GRELL ROOFING, LLC2125 LAINSON AVE
Fort Dodge, Iowa
- GRELL ROOFING, LLC
- Hampton Enterprise LLC254 W Lawrence Harris Hwy
- Hampton Enterprise LLC
- Iowa Green Home LLC712 36th St
West Des Moines, Iowa
- Iowa Green Home LLC
- M & H Construction11652 Sperry Rd
- M & H Construction
- Premier Exteriors13548 Discovery Dr Ste M
- Premier Exteriors
- S & K Insulation Services2459 254th Lane
Guthrie Center, Iowa
- S.W.E. Construction1000 S 7Th
- Smart Energy Solutions302 Court of Elm
Vernon Hills, Illinois
- Solar Wolf Energy202 Worcester St
- Soundrite-Acoustics, Inc.209 S. Stephanie Street Suite B-167
- S & K Insulation Services
- US Energy Savers602 NE Lowell Dr
- US Energy Savers
- Veile Contracting Inc301 South Jefferson
- Veile Contracting Inc