Brick houses were the standard of the 19th and 20th centuries, and they’re looking to make a comeback. Using this guide, you’ll get a better understanding of the benefits of owning a modern brick home. Find out if a brick exterior is right for you.
Get matched with top masonry contractors in Iowa City, IA
There are 5 highly-rated local masonry contractors.
Recent Masonry Reviews in Iowa City
- Eastern Iowa Masonry and RestorationExcellent work, reasonable pricing. Ben is very good at what he does and saved my 1916 chimney after a tree landed on it. Went above & beyond.
- Marv Pesek Masonry IncExcellent. The new wall looks fantastic. They were prompt and professional. We got three estimates and Pesek was in the middle. They were recommended by a neighbor so we went with them.
- Marv Pesek Masonry IncVery well. Brick was a perfect match, which was a miracle given the nearly 100 year old age of the house. Workers were efficient and polite; clean up was excellent.
- F S E EnterprisesThe guy from F S E Enterprises is the best of the best. He’s always done excellent work and he is a perfectionist. If it’s not done right, he will take it out and do it over at no cost. He is very much proud of his work.
- CASTLE CHIMNEY SWEEPSBrian gave me an estimate and his service was exactly what he estimated. He cleaned our four year old chimney and inspected it. He left several brochures to explain what type of wood to use (we are new home owners) and how to care for our chimney and recommended that we get it cleaned each year. He explained what kreosote was and the damage it can cause and recommended products to reduce any build up. I could not believe that there wasn't any mess when he left and the fireplace doors were sparkling read less
- Juan AnguianoWe were really happy with the work. A year later, when something had to be adjusted, he stopped by and fixed it for us.
- Marv Pesek Masonry IncIt went well with Marv Pesek Masonry. He was here when he said he'd be here and I'm just getting another quote from somebody else in another couple of days before I decide. He gave me the quote in a timely manner. He gave two different ways of repairing it. One was $1885 another one which included flagstones in addition was $2870. I wouldn't want to answer if I'm going to refer them to somebody until I saw what kind of work they did read less
- SONSHINE CHIMNEY & AIR DUCTI had recently bought the home and didn't have any history of the fireplace. He checked everything out, cleaned it and gave helpful tips on using the fireplace. The cost for the service was very good based on two other calls I'd made to local people.
- Cedar Rapids Entry & WindowGary Tallman has been my contractor for over 10 years. I first contacted him in 2002 to replace the roof on my home. I was very pleased with his estimate and the work that was performed. He was professional, competent and personable. He made sure I knew what he was doing and why he was doing it. My home is about 50 years old and so items often wear out , need to be replaced and/or updated. He explains everything and will work with you on ideas and alternatives. Many of his alternatives have been better than my original plans. He is generous with his contacts and his knowledge. Over time, he has almost rebuilt my home, fixing and replacing previous shoddy repairs and helping me to choose prudent upgrades with an eye to quality and detail. He responds in a timely fashion, always returns calls and is available for emergencies. He is the first person I turn to when I have a problem with my home and one of the few I I trust to be left alone in my home when I cannot be there and work needs to be done. I would love to clone him and keep one for myself read less
- Juan AnguianoOur front and back porch had settled over the years. After several attempts to find a company that would provide a cost-effective solution to fix our front and back porch, a neighbor gave us a reference. After contacting Juan, he stopped by in less than an hour to provide an elegant solution at a reasonable price. Juan bills himself as a and quot;Masonry Artistand quot; and after watching him work and seeing the finished product, we couldn't agree more. During the estimation process, we described the basics of what we looking for, then Juan described what he could do and was even better that we'd ever imagined. Our front and back porches look so much better than if we'd gone a more expensive route and simply removed and replaced them with newer cement porches. They are truly works of art and our neighbors agree. He and his two co-workers worked very hard to please and stand behind their work read less
Masonry Contractors in Iowa City
- Business Description:About Me My name is Don Jeffrey, some of my friends refer to me as Carpenter Don. I own and operate Don Jeffrey Construction here in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. Carpentry, Tile and Plumbing repair have been my areas of expertise for many years now. I am a native of Cedar Rapids, Iowa as I graduated from Washington High School in 1981. I have several years vested with Carpenters Union Local #308 as a Journeyman Carpenter working in COMMERCIAL and INDUSTRIAL Businesses During the Mid to late 90's Some .. read lessRecent Review:It looks better than I expected. Don is professional and very good at what he does. I would recommend his work to anyone.Sharon S.
- Business Description:Exterior home maintenance services for windows, gutters, decks and fences. We provide concrete driveways and patios. We offer film for energy savings, comfort and privacy Our workers are bonded and insured.Call today for a FREE estimate read lessRecent Review:They did a great job, he's very pleasant, thorough, efficient, prompt and they do quality work.Ruth T.
- Business Description:We are a small family owned masonry company and offer all masonry services with over 20 years experience in residential and commercial masonry. From New construction to rejuvination of existing masonry on older homes, we do it all. Even as a smaller company we have the equipment and expertise to commercial jobs as well . We stand behind our work 100% as customer satisfaction is our #1 priority. We also provide waterproofing such as but not limited to in stalling flashing system and caulkin.. read lessRecent Review:The service was excellent. I recommend them to a lot of people after the snow. They came in and assessed the issue immediately and fixed them and it works perfectly.Sandy D.
- Business Description:Helitech is a family, locally-owned specialty contractor that provides waterproofing & foundation repair services to homeowners across a 4 state region. Services include basement & crawlspace waterproofing, complete foundation repair - piering, wall anchoring, & crack repair, as well as concrete leveling / mudjacking, moisture barriers, sump pumps, general construction, & yard drainage. We service the greater St. Louis, Quad Cities, Central Illinois, Southern Illinois, Southeastern & Central .. read lessRecent Review:It has taken me almost 2-years to write this review, so I hope they have improved. My experience was awful. It had been a very rainy May and the basement kept getting water in it. I called Helitech and a competitor and both were really busy. Chose Helitech because they could get there sooner. Salesman promised me they would start the work in about 2-weeks -- work wasn't done until late August. I was told they had a big job at a nursing home that had to be done first. My job was not a minor cheap change but $5,000 and not one I thought would be put on the back burner. The people in the office were just about nonexistent; I'd call and leave messages and they were never returned. Just terrible customer support! The actual work that was done was good. And while the team of workers were nice, I had proof that they had gone through some of my things in the basement. I found one of the items upstairs proving they had moved it. The whole project put me behind three months of putting the house up for sale and left me with a bad taste for this business read lessKaren M.
- Business Description:MidAmerica Basement Systems is your premier locally owned and operated company that specializes in foundation repair, basement waterproofing, crawl space repair, concrete leveling, and radon mitigation.Recent Review:Eric was to call, he never did. Eric was to explain his bid sheet, never done Ridiculous priceDonita B.
- Business Description:Country Landscapes was founded in Ames, Iowa, in 1981 with the simple philosophy and goal of providing unsurpassed quality in landscape design and construction services. Country Landscapes has established itself as a company that can help with any type of design/build project, from residential to large public and commercial projects. If you are looking for a unique outdoor living space or the solution to a landscaping problem, Country Landscapes is the company for you. Email: curt@countrylan.. read lessRecent Review:Make sure you don’t pay your bill in full. Leave some money in escrow. We had them install irrigation and planters last fall. The irrigation was not set up properly and the plants died. We call every week and they say someone will call us back. It embarrassing read lessJoseph Z.
- Business Description:EHM is a structural moving and elevating company that also specializes in foundation repair and replacement. We have been working in the Midwest since the Great Floods of 1993. We specialize in severely comprised foundation issues. We can elevate, level, pier or replace a wall or your entire foundation. We do not do mudjacking, waterproofing or minor crack repair read lessRecent Review:I did not get the service that we originally talked about I am very unhappyDonna S.
- Business Description:With over 15 years of experience in the landscaping and concrete trade, we provide workmanship for the domestic and commercial markets that is matched by few. In need of a planting bed, patio installation, a retaining wall or anything else for outside your home? Look no further read less
- Recent Review:Excellent. The new wall looks fantastic. They were prompt and professional. We got three estimates and Pesek was in the middle. They were recommended by a neighbor so we went with them.Deborah O.
- Business Description:General Contractor. 50% of your bill due before and 50% due after.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful masonry contractor articles
Paver maintenance may not be top of mind when you’re outside enjoying your patio or driveway. But if you want to keep your outdoor space looking fresh and updated, you should follow our tips and learn how to maintain your pavers.
The cost of brick siding and veneers can depend on several factors, including the thickness of the brick and whether you choose to use real brick or manufactured stone. The average cost to install brick siding for a 2,500 square foot home is about $18,000
Find masonry contractors in
- North Liberty
- West Branch
- Lone Tree
- West Liberty
- Mount Vernon
- Cedar Rapids
masonry contractors in Iowa City
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- Allen MasonryPO Box 102
- Allen Masonry
- Building Services Plus, Inc1043 Stinocher St
- Building Services Plus, Inc
- CASTLE CHIMNEY SWEEPS8300 PETERMAN LN
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
- Cedar Rapids Entry & Window6215 Wayside Cir
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
- Clarks Home Improverment199 Holiday Lodge Road
North Liberty, Iowa
- ClassiConcrete11184 Antioch Rd Ste 283
Overland Park, Kansas
- Country Landscapes Inc1818 Dan's Dr NW
North Liberty, Iowa
- Cutter Construction1049 Juniper Dr SW
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
- CASTLE CHIMNEY SWEEPS
- Don Jeffrey Construction3719 Johnson Ave
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
- Don Jeffrey Construction
- Frerich Inc.1080 Hauer Dr.
North Liberty, Iowa
- Frerich Inc.
- Helitech Waterproofing and Foundation Repair8251 Bunkum Rd
- Helitech Waterproofing and Foundation Repair
- Iossi Construction Inc1040 W 4th St
- Iossi Construction Inc
- J&M Construction LLC605 5th Ave
Van Horne, Iowa
- J&M Construction LLC
- Kelley General Construction Services915 Wiley blvd. N.W.
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
- Kelley General Construction Services
- Landmark Property MaintenancePO BOX 243
- Landmark Property Maintenance