D DOWIE CONSTRUCTION

Founded 1990 • With Angi since September 2008

General contractor and remodels. Can provide full list of references and photos. I have been in business for over 20 years....

KMS Construction

Bath Planet of Central Iowa

Whether you're updating a small guest bath or a large master, a quality Iowa bathroom remodeling project can add value and functionality to your home. When you're searching for trusted bath renovation experts, look no further than the team at Bath Planet of Des Moines. Since 2001, we've built a reputation for excellence by providing top-rated acrylic products, professional installation, and exceptional customer care. Most importantly, our installation professionals have the ability to complete your bath remodel in just one day! Our fast, affordable updates make us the perfect choice for your next bathroom makeover!

Offers by Bath Planet of Central Iowa on Angi
Arpy's Construction

We are a local family owned business that takes pride in what we do.

03/28/2012

Rachele L.

I would not recommend. Was prompt and responsponsive until we signed the contract. Then I never heard from him until I made the phone calls to him. Said he would show up on a certain day and then a few days later I had to call him again and ask if he was coming. Had to call the supply store he uses to make sure he was still in business at one point. Said he was extremely busy and then he sent out a subcontractor to do the work. Called and asked if I could go to the plumb store and pay for my fixtures that day because he was ready to install them. I made a special trip to pay for them and 2 weeks later I still had no fixutures installed. Made the whole experience unforgettable and unpleasant.

Description of Work
Shower Remodel.

Category remodeling

05/04/2011

Chad S.

Overall use someone else!!

Description of Work
I also had a horrible experience with this contractor. He put in a fireplace for Kohles and Bach, and reused the original mantle that creaked if you put any weight on it. I added nails to fix that issue it but it was dated and looked really out of place with the fireplace we purchased, we then got a new Mantle and he charged us a ridiculous amount to replace the mantle and was very unprofessional, and his feelings were hurt that we didn't like his shoddy work. Beware if you get a fireplace from Kohles and Bach that you don't use this guy, he is a real jerk, and has no care for what you want or expect, he also did not arrive when he promised and did not come back in a timely manner.

Category fireplaces,home builders

09/11/2008

NANCY W.

I have pictures of him loading the shingles onto his truck. He never did come back for a walk through, had many mistakes. We are still battling with roof leaks. There is a ridge that was supposed to have a vent, doesn't have one. We've had to have people finish up the railing. Multiple leaks, drainage wasn't done correct and has taken on water. He didn't finish up closet areas or drywalling and we had to do some of this. He wasn't there, didn't finish things or do them how they were supposed to be. Flashing wasn't done right. They put holes in the chimney, which a contractor has told us is causing leaks. It's a mess! I've spent about 1/3 of the cost to build the house correcting his mistakes. The good part is that the plumber and electric gentleman have came back to correct issues. Someone else didn't come back because they told us they didn't get paid for the work. We've written him a bunch of letters. It ended up costing more than originally estimated, too.

Description of Work
He was the overall contractor on our lakehouse. He didn't show up for meetings. (He was in, witnessed a few car accidents, and other excuses). He was supposed to meet me or change something on a plan, didn't change it. Didn't tell his subs what to do. He didn't follow up with them, I was down there more than he was. He ordered the shingles, doubled the order, took half.

Category home builders

General Contract work and remodels. Can provide full list of references and photos.

Check, PayPal