The differences between light-filtering and room-darkening window treatments are subtle but important. We’re sharing their pros and cons, how they complement your home and help you save on energy costs.
Get matched with top window treatment in Indianola, IA
There are 3 highly-rated local window treatment.
Recent Window Treatment Reviews in Indianola
- GREAT BLINDS LLCAn excellent choice! I have a very large cordless cellular shade in my living room. It measures approximately 10 feet wide by 6 feet high and the interior cord had broken. I contacted the manufacturer, who said they would restring it for $50 if I paid the shipping to get it to them. I didn't price the shipping, but I can imagine it would be more than $10, since the package would be 10 feet long and the blind weighs easily 20 pounds. Great Blinds picked it up at my home, restrung it, returned it and reinstalled it for $60. I would highly recommend Great Blinds
- GREAT BLINDS LLCStarted with the styles, options and colors for the window coverings. Upon selection, determined the measurements and provide a detailed quote. Upon our acceptance, the order was placed and within 2 weeks completed the install.
- Gotcha Covered of Greater Des MoinesIt all went perfectly. They look wonderful and my experience with Gotcha Covered was great. There were nine window coverings installed, all fairly large windows, and they look just as I desired. I would definitely recommend Gotcha Covered!
- THE BLIND FACTORY GROUPService was very good and the shades and blinds look great. They were prompt about their service, they were here when they said they were going to be here and then when they had to come back they were on time.
- Makers Custom BlindsRyan Seiler (owner of Makers Custom Blinds) is absolutely wonderful to work with! He is extremely friendly, courteous, very professional, very fair in price (beat 7 competitors prices), & always worked so hard to make sure we, the customers, were very satisfied with his work & the window treatments we were getting. He was always working around our schedule to accommodate us, he was super quick to call & reply over email any time we had questions, and he was always ready to get things done and/or fixed when we called him with any tweaks. We had researched & had consultations with 7 or 8 companies and none of us were even close in terms of pricing, professionalism, flexibility, hard work ethic, & craftsmanship like Makers. Ryan blew all the other competition out of the water & we have since recommended him to several of our friends & family members. I highly recommend Makers Custom Blinds for anyone wanting to customize the look of their window treatments within their home. The quality of their products is far superior to what you can find in Home Depot, Lowes, & Menards. We were very happy to have met & worked with Ryan now on several occassions & won't even think twice & use him for sure when we finish our basement & get window treatments for that part of the house. Thank you to Ryan for all of his hard work & for being so helpful & kind through the whole process
- GREAT BLINDS LLCI have called all of the people- that offered blind repair- and got nowhere- some even mentioned they've never repaired a blind- and had no idea why they were on Angieslist- Finally called Marty at great Blinds LLC, he was there in mere minutes and fixed two vertical blinds and one large shade blind. When I called the big box store- they suggested throwing them away and purchasing new- at over $1500.00. Thanks Marty
- THE BLIND FACTORY GROUPThe Blind Factory had outstanding customer service. I was getting the house ready to sell and decided that I needed new window treatments to go with the freshly painted rooms. From the first phone call to the installation of the window treatments the service exceeded my expectations.
- Glass Dude llcFBIt went very well. Jeremy is very courteous and hard working. He is neat and cleans up after himself. I would recommend him without a doubt. He offers discounts to first time customers as well as liking his FB page and referrrals.
- GREAT BLINDS LLCThere were some problems, however this company provided the best service I have seen in a very long time.
- Budget Blinds of Greater Des MoinesService was exceptional. Prompt follow up and response. The owner was present at sales consultation and installation. Product quality better than at big box stores, etc. Will call back for other windows in my home. Highly recommended.
Window Treatment Services in Indianola
- Business Description:Retractableawnings.com is a RETRACTABLE awning industry expert hired by Architects, Landscape Architects, Exterior/Interior Designers and Contractors worldwide on a consulting basis. Retractableawnings.com is a specialty fabricator, distributor & installer of all types of exterior RETRACTABLE sun, rain, wind, bug & snow protection systems including but not limited to: ≡ Retractable folding lateral arm awnings ≡ Retractable patio and deck pergola cover systems ≡ Retractable vertical drop arm a..Recent Review:1 response ,,, waited a month for a visit and quote. Would not give a discount on price for disabled Vet, or Senior .......... Contacted 2 others.. No response.2,Jamie K.
- Business Description:Call us for your interior and exterior paintings. Flooring, Windows repair, fencing, retaining walls, We have the experience and dedication to bring your dreams to reality for new installations and repairs. We guarantee your satisfaction, Call or click to schedule a free estimate todayRecent Review:They were very nice people and they did a nice job.gene p.
- Business Description:As owner operator of Taylor Made Home Improvements, I build trusting relationships with customers and work with them directly to ensure all aspects of the project is completed with their vision in mind. With years of experience in construction and investment property maintenance I have the skills and knowledge to tackle any project large or smallRecent Review:It went exceptionally well. He was responsive and open to suggestions. He provided alternative solutions. He recommended quality products. He was timely in responding to questions or inquiries. He was fair and accurate with his estimate. And he also made adjustments as needed considering the materials. He is pleasant and flexible. He is knowledgeable and willing to explain the process. Extremely satisfied and would highly recommend them to other home ownerdavid s.
- Business Description:Family owned & operated. Blindsgalore is the DIY-ers choice for the best selection and value in custom window coverings. Blindsgalore's goal is to make home improvement and decorating more affordable by providing easy access to the most comprehensive collection of custom made to order window treatments/window coverings and knowledgeable, friendly customer service professionals. We offer the most comprehensive collection of custom window treatments from Bali, Graber, Comfortex, Good Housekeepi..Recent Review:If I could give zero stars, I would. First, it was taking forever to get my order. When I looked at my order, they somehow had the wrong address (my former address from five years ago), so I contacted them to change the address. They assured me that the address was changed. A couple of weeks later, I was notified via email that my order was delivered but when I checked my front door it wasn't there, so I went to my old address, 30 minutes away and got lucky that the owner was there and had received my order. When I got it home the 3 roller shades that I ordered for side-by-side windows were all 4 inches too big. I followed the online measurement directions which suggested that you add 2 inches per side to your measurements for an outside mount. I should have stayed with my original measurements. When I called, they suggested that I keep an inch on each side. They re-made them, and AGAIN sent them to the wrong address - even after I re-confirmed that they had the right one. Again, I had to go to my old address to look for my delivery. This time, no one was home, so I took a chance and waited in front of their house for a while until someone may come home. Luckily, someone showed up within 90 minutes. This time they had showed up with 2 boxes! They re-made it twice (6 roller shades), all still too big! Due to the global pandemic and for personal reasons, I waited to address the issue. When I finally was able to contact them, I was sent a message that the CSR's supervisor determined that the blinds were made correctly. Therefore, they cannot offer a remake for this order. Their policy states that they will make up to 4 shades if the customer is not completely happy. However, they offered to remake the shades at a discounted price! I will not give them one more penny! Worst service ever! A $500.00 lesson learned - They stole my money and left me with 9 useless roller shades to get rid of. I do not recommend themCarla D.
- Business Description:SelectBlinds.com is the most reviewed, highest rated online window blinds and shades store and we have the 200,000+ reviews to prove it. We offer custom-made window treatments that are competitively priced along with free shipping and a 90-day satisfaction guarantee. Visit our website or contact us for more informationRecent Review:None of the people that were recommended responded.Nancy P.
- Business Description:I am the owner and sole designer of JY Design. I currently take cash or check only. I work with great subcontractors on remodel projects.
- Business Description:Locally owned and operated. Additional contact: Tim Phillips email@example.com. Financing available.Recent Review:I arrived home so excited to put my furniture back in place and love my new carpet. I hated it! My only requirement was that it didn't accentuate footprints and vacuum lines but that was exactly what I got. I went back to the showroom where I learned that this carpet had silk in it which made it shimmer. I also learned that there was a customer satisfaction guarantee. We picked out a different carpet that would not show the footprints as this one did. After weeks of trying to get them to do something about this, they finally gave me a ridiculous price to remove and replace the carpet under the satisfaction guarantee. I had also told them about the squeaking floor and they promised to come fix it. It's been three months, they've never come back. Everyday, I walk on this carpet that is not what I wanted. Although, the people there are nice, their owner, who is not on site, completely controls all decisions but refuses to talk with customers. it is a very poor business modelPatty H.
- Business Description:37 years family owned business
- Business Description:Laura’s Designs has 1 employee: Laura provides design service; offering custom contracts to clients. Laura selects contractors and subcontractors to perform the work to ensure that each project is completed according to the specifications outlined in each estimate.
- Business Description:.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful window treatment service articles
Foggy windows indicate a failed seal and moisture in between the panes of glass. Find out if you can fix your foggy windows or if you need to call a pro.
If your double-pane windows fog up or you notice a draft, your window seals may be failing. Here’s what you need to know to repair or replace your windows.
Find window treatment in
- Saint Charles
- West Des Moines
- Pleasant Hill
- Des Moines
- Windsor Heights
- Van Meter
- Prairie City
window treatment in Indianola
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- Cindy Shannon Interior Design1501 42nd Street 110-C
West Des Moines, Iowa
- Cindy Shannon Interior Design
- JY Design LLC3752 NW 103rd Place
Polk City, Iowa
- JY Design LLC
- Laura's Designs405 East Mission Street
Strawberry Point, Iowa
- Laura's Designs
- Taylor Made Home Improvements5638 University Ave
Des Moines, Iowa
- Taylor Made Home Improvements
- YOUR ART & DECOR5710 Ogeechee Rd 200-276
- YOUR ART & DECOR