Need new locks or locked out? You probably have questions about finding a reliable locksmith. This guide can help you hire a professional you can trust.
Get matched with top locksmiths in Indianola, IA
There are 1 highly-rated local locksmiths.
Matching on Angi
Recent Locksmith Reviews in Indianola
- Mike's Lock & KeyMike was right on time. In fact, he was about 5 minutes early. He handed me his business card upon arrival at my home. He was able to make sure that my front door key worked on the dead bolt and garage. After I paid him I told him that I would like one more key. He returned, from his truck, with the key and when I asked him what I owed he said a handshake would cover it. He was pleasant and professional. I felt at ease and will always call Mike Bromert for my locksmith needs
- Ames Lock & SecurityWe bought a house, so had all locks changed. Found out the front door deadbolt only unlocked from the outside (whose brainchild was that?!). Because it's an old house, they had to be creative in finding something that worked, and that also looked like it belonged there. It was so nice that they paid attention to aesthetics as well as function! They did an excellent job
- ShaunlockI was out of town, and my daughter was house and dog sitting for the weekend. She managed to lock her self outside at 1:00am on a Saturday morning. She called me and I told her to go back to her apartment and that I would find someone in the morning. I started calling locksmiths around 7:30am. Shaun was the fourth company I called. The first one hung up on me, and the other two didn't call back. He answered phone on the first few rings and was willing to come immediately. When I explained that I might have to have my other daughter (with our home address on her drivers license) drive from Ames, he said to have her call him when she got to the metro area. I was having difficulty getting hold of my daughter in Ames. Shaun called me after about 45 minutes to make sure he hadn't missed her call. He said that he was going to head out to get breakfast and to call when she was on her way. I called the daughter that was locked out and found out that her drivers license still had our address so she headed back to the house and I called Shaun to let him know that someone was headed there. About 15 minutes later I got a phone call from Shaun letting me know the house was unlocked. He took my credit card info over the phone and texted me a link to the receipt. The cost was reasonable and exactly what he had quoted me. My daughter called me five minutes later and told me that Shaun was very professional and pleasant, and she felt very comfortable with him and a trainee that he brought along. Next time, he will the FIRST person I call. Just a word of advice for anyone needing a locksmith to let you into a home. You should make sure that you have proof that you live at the residence. In my case, I was lucky that my daughters hadn't changed their addresses on their licenses yet
- Midwest Lock SolutionsI thought that the deadbolt lock would need to be replaced but he was actually able to repair it and it works great now. He also did a good job getting the two doors to latch correctly again, and he did it all for a very low cost. Highly recommended!
- Mike's Lock & KeyThe job went well from start to finish. Someone arrived to do the job with an hour of initial contact, which was quick for a Saturday afternoon. Upon arrival, he asked me what I wanted done and followed me to each lock. He made sure he understood exactly what I wanted before he started. Upon completion, he had me test every key in every lock to make sure they worked, as well as checking that the old keys did not work. He gave me some basic lock/deadbolt maintenance tips, which was appreciated. The whole job took about an hour and a half, which was a little longer than he told me, but that didn't bother me. A second person showed up halfway through the job - he helped out the first guy, but it was never explained why he was there. All in all, it was a job well done for a price that was reasonable. I would recommend them
- Mike's Lock & KeyI recently called Mike to come service a dead bolt that had been sticking. He was able to come later the very day I called. Arrived at the agreed upon time and he was extremely polite and professional. He went above and beyond our expectations and I would recommend him to my friends for any locksmith needs
- Midwest Lock SolutionsI called the office at 9 AM and was placed on the service list immediately. The person who answered the call was courteous and told me someone would call on the way over to our house to do the job. The repairmen (2) called at 11:20 AM and arrived within 15 minutes. The part of the job they could complete was done in another 15 minutes, and the lead repairman said he would order the part needed to complete the rest of the work and would return early next week. In the interim he said he would not complete the billing today as it would require charging me for another service call when he returned--something I would not have expected but was very pleased to hear. I am VERY IMPRESSED with the level of service, the worked performed and the timeliness of the response, and will call Midwest Lock and Security FIRST for any future locksmith services we need
- Midwest Lock SolutionsWork required less than 30 minutes and the technician left behind two keys and several ideas for where to find doors that would fit the architecture of my house and still be secure.
- Strauss Security SolutionsI just had my first experience with this company after having found them on Angieslist about a half hour ago. I'm a manager for a local business that had a single employee left working a late shift, and when the employee tried to lock up for the day, the front door wouldn't lock. Needless to say, we couldn't leave the business unlocked all night, so I found Strauss on Angieslist. I chose them because of their 24-hour emergency service. I called and the phone was immediately answered by Eric. Eric was out on-site within 20 minutes and had the door fixed in 10 more. 30 minutes from first contact to repaired lock. You can't beat that! The fee was very reasonable given the fast and accurate service. I'd definitely use Strauss again. I gave them A's across the board, but if I absolutely HAD to pick something bad about the experience, it seemed that Eric wasn't too thrilled to receive a call at 8:30PM. Nevertheless, Eric was very professional and had our problem fixed amazingly fast. All expectations were exceeded
- Strauss Security SolutionsI had Strauss install a new door handleset on the front door of my residential home. I called about a week in advance and it was no problem selecting the appointment time that worked best for me. The day of my appointment I received a call about 10 minutes before my scheduled appointment time and the technician informed me he was running about 15 minutes behind. I rated punctuality a "B" for this reason, but I was very appreciative to even get a call letting me know they were running behind. The technician had to drill a hole thru the door for the dead bolt (as before there was only a door knob) as well as in the door jamb. He drilled the holes and installed the handleset I had already bought from my local hardware store all in about 45 minutes. I will definitely be calling Strauss for all my future locksmith needs
Last update on February 18, 2017
Locksmiths in Indianola
Explore our Solution Center for helpful locksmith articles
Arrests and lawsuits around the country accuse shady locksmiths of price gouging, intimidation and misleading consumers. Read more on how to avoid a scam.
Keyless lock door entry systems are increasing in popularity, but are they likely to replace regular deadbolts completely? Find out the pros and cons of each lock type and whether a keyless lock is as good as a deadbolt.
Find locksmiths in
- Saint Charles,
- West Des Moines,
- Melcher Dallas,
- Pleasant Hill,
- Des Moines,
- Windsor Heights,
- Van Meter,
- Prairie City,
Locksmiths in Indianola
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- Ames Lock & Security507 Main St Suite 2
Ames, Iowa 50010
- Ames Lock & Security
- Bridgewater Handyman Service LLC2027 64th St
Windsor Heights, Iowa 50324
- Bridgewater Handyman Service LLC
- Midwest Lock Solutions3001 Merle Hay Rd
Des Moines, Iowa 50310
- Midwest Lock Solutions
- WISHEKS5322 W 79th St
Indianapolis, Indiana 46268