Radon mitigation costs an average of $1,000.
Get matched with top radon inspectors in Ely, IA
There are 3 highly-rated local radon inspectors.
Recent Radon Mitigation Reviews in Ely
- A CLOSER LOOK, LLC - HOME INSPECTORAndrew did a very professional job providing inspection on a new condo townhouse. He pointed out missing items, potential areas for problems in the future, and general advice on things to think about related to the house. On the day of the inspection, he had to forgo running the water in the showers and bathrooms because of leftover debris. During the house walkthrough a few days later, a leak was detected in the drain from one of the bathrooms. When Andrew was made aware the leak, he did not hesitate to offer another check, with no additional charge, of the plumbing after the leak had been fixed and the plumbing thoroughly checked out by the builders. Results of the home inspection was documented in a professionally-compiled report handed out the day of the inspection
- MidAmerica Basement SystemsArrived earlier than anticipated. Very professional and courteous. Even stayed away from plants that we wanted to save (worked around them.) Job was completed in record time and looks great! Very pleased with the quality of products provided and aesthetics on the exterior of home.
- AMERICAN INSPECTIONSI called American Inspections on a Tuesday, left them a message, and told them I needed an inspection within a week. I received a phone call that day and Steve was able to squeeze me into his schedule. He put in the radon test on Friday and to read it on Monday for our appointment. The appointment was at 4pm and he was already inside and working when I arrived on time. The appointment lasted about 2.5 hours. Steve was very thorough in every room. He explained everything he was looking for in an older home and asked me if I had questions. He was knowledgeable about the history of the houses built in the neighborhood. He gave me suggestions about improving the safety of the house when I asked. He was very nice and personable. I would definitely recommend his service to anyone
- Accurate Home InspectionsI would highly recommend Accurate Home Inspection. Not only was Alan willing to work with our short timeline but he was also able to do an evening inspection so that my husband and I were both able to be present. He throughly educated us on both issues with the home, but also new home-buyer issues and things to plan for in the future. I would definitely use Accurate Home Inspections again
- TERRY STEINBACH PROFESSIONAL HOME INSPECTIONS INCOur experience with Terry was outstanding. We really appreciated his background as a builder and his knowledge of our particular property -- he was able to give us an idea of the condition of the house six years ago, when he inspected it before. He was incredibly thorough, exceeding our expectations. Several people we showed the Home Inspection Report to commented that we must have found a really good inspector. I couldn't agree more! Going "above and beyond", Terry responded quickly to a concern we had by returning to the property and following up on a specific area that we asked him to take a closer look at. This kind of service is sorely lacking in today's world
- Basement Solutions IncIt went very well. It took them about 2 hours and they knew exactly what they were doing. The radon have been +4 and it went to 0.03, which is a great result.
- COMPLETE HOME REPAIR & RMDLNGVery responsive. Very friendly. Did the job and cleanup in 90 minutes. Very pleased with their explanations and quick return calls to set up appt.
- TERRY STEINBACH PROFESSIONAL HOME INSPECTIONS INCTerry was super professional and courteous. We couldn't get into the garage; we were in contact with the seller to try and get that taken care of, he drove over to this side of town each time we thought we could get in. He brought good things to our attention and offered suggestions for the best ways to handle them. This was our first home and our inspection report was very detailed. Terry was flexible, easy to get a hold of, and in constant contact with us about our appointments. We ended up buying the house =) and the only issues we've had are things not covered by an inspection
- TERRY STEINBACH PROFESSIONAL HOME INSPECTIONS INCTerry inspected a condo we were interested in purchasing. He was very thorough and professional, and his report was quite helpful in ultimately making our decision. He also gave us a discount as first-time home buyers.
- Manley's Construction Inc.David Manley came to our home and assessed the need for a radon system. We had previously tested our home ourselves and the results were high. He was very personable and professional and presented his product carefully. The system was installed in early March. After 24 hours, our home was tested. The result was below the US EPA action level for indoor radon, but not well below. We called David and he too was not satisfied with the result.. He and his crew came back within a few days and installed a second vent pipe. This was done at no additional cost to us and the level is now well below 4.0. The company was very careful during installation to vacuum constantly so there was no dust. There installation work was neatly done. This is an honest company and one with whom we would work again.
Radon Testing Companies in Ely
- Business Description:Home Sweet Home Inspections, LLC, is a veteran-owned and operated company in Des Moines that conducts residential home inspections and radon testing for most of Iowa. Its services include inspections for real estate transactions (buying/selling), and new construction inspections for single and multi-family homes. Besides providing a detailed walk-through while showing the findings (optional), an inspection report that outlines the findings is emailed within 24 hours. Its founder, Luis Rom..Recent Review:It was very good. He was very knowledgeable to any questions we had and he explained everything very well. I would recommend him to others.Jeff B.
- Business Description:No matter if you're a home owner, buyer, seller or builder, it is the goal of our company to provide our clients with an accurate and thorough evaluation of the major systems and components of their home. Your home will be evaluated from top to bottom, inside and out. Your detailed and easy-to-read report will include all noted issues, photographs, and recommendations for all issues. When calling, please mention seeing us on Angie's List and you immediately receive a 10% discount! Thank you f..Recent Review:Good. Found items I would have overlooked. Very detailed.David W.
- Business Description:MidAmerica Basement Systems is your premier locally owned and operated company that specializes in foundation repair, basement waterproofing, crawl space repair, concrete leveling, and radon mitigation.Recent Review:So disappointed with this company. I own a house for my daughter to live in while she is in college. The house is 5 hours from my residence. The house has been having water in the basement. I turned to Angi to get a reliable list of waterproofing companies. When MidAmerica Basement Systems called me to set up a time to give me a free quote, I was instructed I would need to be at the house. I let them know my situation of living 5 hours away and that my 21 year old daughter would be at the house and could FaceTime me during the appointment. This was not good enough as it is "company policy" to have the owner at the house. I spoke with the initial employee who wasn't willing or even tried to figure out a solution. Her solution was to send my call to the manager, who when answered acted like she had no idea why she was getting the call. I explained to her again that I lived 5 hours away and would not be able to be at the house, but we could use technology and I could FaceTime. This again was denied and a viable solution was not even talked about. Never did I feel they wanted my business or in any way were willing to work with me. I can't imagine I am the only one who does not live close and has had issues. It is 2021 and in the middle of a pandemic. Why FaceTime isn't an option is extremely frustrating and confusing. The customer service I received during this call by various levels of employees was also disheartening. I would never use them after this experienceKendra F.
- Business Description:If you have a wet basement, a leaky foundation, or high radon levels, then we can help! MidAmerica Basement Systems has been delivering customized solutions to Cedar Rapids residents for more than 30 years. We are the exclusive installer of 30+ patented foundation and basement waterproofing, crawl space encapsulation, crawl space repair and foundation repair products. Extensively trained at the Basement Systems, Inc headquarters, our team of dedicated servicemen always come equipped with the ..Recent Review:I had a wonderful experience with MidAmerica Basement Systems & highly recommend them if your having any waterproofing needs. My project: I purchased my home 3.5 years ago & it started getting water in the basement last year after the outside drainage & tiling system put in my previous owners failed miserably. It would literally be full days of pumping water out of multiple locations in my basement. There were issues of moisture even with two dehumidifiers running & subfloors the crew took out & cleaned up after as well. Scheduling: They will schedule a ways out for appointments but only because it's a high demand working system. Others may be able to offer services quicker but there is likely a reason they are not busy. I got several bids in the time I waited for my MidAmerica Basement Systems appointment & encourage you to as well but definitely wait until after your appointment to make a decision. They were not the cheapest but had the best guarantee (100%), best working system, and a few things I've learned in my 20 years of homeownership is if you go cheap & need to redo it your typically spending more than if you did it right the first time & your home is not something to skimp on or take chances. MidAmerica Basement Systems will send you detailed emails as to what you can expect for each appointment. They will mail you a packet of information regarding different systems that work vs fail & throughly explain the dangers & hazards water/moisture in your home will cause. Our basement got so bad from the Derecho the only dry place was in our basement was the shower & my celing developed black mold quickly from the moisture. Not only did they offer a system to waterproof my basement but a whole house dehumidifier & air purifier which would have saved my ceiling if I had earlier. Sales: I had Justin A for sales & he was very thorough in listening to my problems & needs as well as took his time in explaining & showing me how they could fix my issues, how the system works, as well as answering all of my questions with detail & no hurry. He was absolutely great about changes I made in adding work later on (before my appointment) as well. He doesn't make it feel like a sales pitch, is not pushy at all, & really works to get you the most work in your budget (prep & finish work offered), as well as taking his time with you through the entire process. The office crew: The office staff was very polite & helpful. I mostly worked with Desiree S & Kim B who are extremely responsive in working with me. The Crew: My crew consisted of Brandon T, Sam G, & Ethan T who I highly recommend! These young men are the exact type you want on your project! They are polite, respectful, hard working, efficient, trust worthy & have a great work ethic! They not only got the job done in the time allotted but left my basement incredibly clean which I didn't expect. They thoroughly go over the work before & after as well as answer any questions you have along the way & explain in detail any changes if something isn't to plan before just doing something differently. They called before heading to my house as well which I thought was very courteous. I imagine they have a lot of great workers but anyone I know that I send their way, I'll have them ask for these men as the crew on their home. Overall: Overall I give them 5 stars & they earned it all the way. I will say it's winter so not when one typically gets water in their basement so I am unable to review how the system works fairly. I do, however, plan to leave another review after we get some lovely wet Iowa spring weather or melting of our snow mountains to test it out. I don't expect my review to change & feel confident in the upcoming months & years. Thank you MidAmerica Basement SystemsMandy H.
- Business Description:ETR Laboratories in an analytic laboratory with a broad range of commercial, industrial and individual clients. We provide analytic services using a wide variety of scientific methods including GC/MS, IC/MS, GIR, NMR and SEM equipment. We can do particle analysis, organic and inorganic chemical analysis and micro analysis on biological and other materials. Private water analysis is our specialty. Award winning. Additional DBA - Environmental Testing & Research Laboratories Inc, ETR Labs, ETR ..Recent Review:The whole process was easy. ETR were quickly responsive to questions. Professionally discussed in related terms test results over the phone. Highly recommend!Kevin F.
- Business Description:Iowa Radon Inspection Service uses Femto Tech 510 continuous radon monitors. I am the owner/operator of this business. Testing results are emailed on same day of conclusion of testing period. ( Does not need to be sent to a lab for results
- Business Description:I have been in the inspection business for 20 years. Helping to ensure clients get the information they need on their new home purchase. We have been blessed with the ability to help our clients with their purchase or sale, as well as to be a hub for information later on when needed. Its our goal to always offer the best service and reporting available. You, our client always comes first
- Business Description:We are a family owned business, owned by Bob Sisneros. We do all of the work ourselves. We work very closely with home buyers, sellers and real estate agents to insure that the job is done in a timely manner and is coordianted with the sale of the property. We invoice the party that is responsible for the payment of the job, either directly or at the closing of the property
- Business Description:At EJs Roofing, you are going to get a company that is licensed, insured, and experienced. We are focused on providing you with quality service at an affordable price. From offering manufacturer warranties to backing up all of our work with a 100% workmanship guarantee, you can rest assured that we always have your best interest in mind
- Business Description:Terry Steinbach, Professional Home Inspections, Inc. provides home inspections throughout Eastern Iowa's corridor. Terry has over 30 years experience performing home inspections and produces on-site, computer printed Reports, utilizing the professions latest testing equipment and technology. Discounts are provided to first time homebuyers. Radon testing is available upon request. Realtors often state that they hope Terry is available for their buyers because he is very thorough. But, when he ..
Explore our Solution Center for helpful radon testing company articles
Radon is the second leading cause of lung cancer. If your home’s levels test high, learn what to look for to make sure that radon mitigation is done correctly.
When building or remodeling, hire green architects, builders, remodeling companies and environmental inspectors to avoid buying toxic products for the home.
Find radon inspectors in
- Mount Vernon
- Cedar Rapids
- North Liberty
- Iowa City
- West Branch
- Central City
radon inspectors in Ely
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- Basement Solutions Inc1615 W MT Pleasant St N/A
West Burlington, Iowa
- Basement Solutions Inc
- Eagle Point Inspections, LLC2810 19th Ave
- EJS Roofing LLC3206 Prairie Dr NE
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
- Environmental Testing & Research Laboratories, Inc60 Elm Hill Ave. Suite 1
- Eagle Point Inspections, LLC
- Gold Shield Inspections106 N Dubuque St
- Gold Shield Inspections
- Iowa Radon Mitigation & Testing Systems LLC3162 121St St.
- Iowa Radon Mitigation & Testing Systems LLC
- REP Radon and Electric
- REP Radon and Electric
- TERRY STEINBACH PROFESSIONAL HOME INSPECTIONS INC710 GRANT WOOD DR SE
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
- TERRY STEINBACH PROFESSIONAL HOME INSPECTIONS INC