Insulation keeps your home comfortable year-round. If you notice temperature changes, poor air quality, or high energy bills, it’s time to inspect and repair your insulation.
Get matched with top insulation contractors in Ely, IA
There are 6 highly-rated local insulation contractors.
Recent Insulation Reviews in Ely
- Energy Nerdsit is 100 degrees outside today and our second floor is 73 degrees! Before we had this wonderful company add insulation it was 85 degrees outside and 80 degrees inside. Mike and his crew knew what we needed and fixed the problem quickly and efficiently. Absolutely would hire them again!
- Energy NerdsVery pleased with the final product and impressed by how quickly they were able to get our job scheduled and completed.
- Energy NerdsAmazing response and amazing job done, in a short amount of time. I have known for awhile that I needed more insulation in the attic. I started to search for insulation companies in the area. I quickly started seeing a pattern with reviews on other companies. All of them were, "called 15 times, never called back", "agreed on a start date but never showed up", "showed up but didn't know what was needed"... I was dreading making any decision on who to call. But then finally a company stood out above all the rest, Energy Nerds. I called Mike and left a message. He called back within an hour and even apologized for not calling back sooner! What?!? I called him on a Friday afternoon, he said he would be out Sunday afternoon and the job was completed by that evening! Truly amazing work done in a short amount of time. Mike and Dustin are great friendly people. Very knowledge in cutting edge technology to help you save money with energy costs. Mike is well informed so if you have any other energy saving needs, please talk with him. I would not hesitate to hire them again. Truly a pleasure to work with
- RENEW Residential Services LLCWe were BLOWN AWAY with the service we received from Renewal! They came to give us a bid/estimate within 24 hours of our initial call. They started work the very next day and had it all completed (including paint they matched to the very old paint in our basement!!!) within 3 business days. They completed the siding patchwork in 1-2 days. We were listing our home for sale, so affordability, speediness, and quality were a must! They delivered beyond expectation in all of the above! The were RESPONSIVE when we reached out with questions, and communication was great through the whole process. (We called around 5 p.m. with a question once and they were at the house within 30 min. of our call to check it out!) I would recommend them to anyone and everyone I know who needs some work to be completed
- MIDWEST POLY-SOLUTLONS LTDMark was quick to provide an estimate for reinsulating our converted attic space and he was willing to come by and amend it when new areas were revealed during demolition. The techs were a couple very nice guys who performed the installation quickly and professionally. It ended up being a more complex installation that it first appeared it would be but they got it all worked out and, by the time they left, the attic was well prepped for the drywall to be installed. Mark also helped me prepare the paperwork to submit for energy rebates. All around good work
- Old School Spray Coatings IncThe Old School folks did an outstanding job! They scheduled our work within one week. After beginning our work, they noticed that one of our electric outlets had shorted out and paused for a day while we located an electrical contractor who repaired the outlet. I highly recommend these folks to anyone who needs spray foam insulation for any project
- Arctic InsulationThey looked under the floor (outside) and saw there was already ample insulation. They went into the area over the room and it too was also well-insulated. They said my only option (that they could perform) would be to shoot foam into the same area there was insulation...but were honest and said this would probably not help at all. I'm glad that I know for sure what I'm dealing with now, and that they could tell me insulation wasn't the issue. Although it wasn't the answer I wanted, it was the right one
- DeNeve ConstructionI was really pleased with them. Insurance covered it. The price was very reasonable. They were wonderful. Rick was really personable and he really watched his crew. He made sure that everything was what I expected. I did need to have some follow up work done on the chimney and he did that and also did some insulation. Every time I called him, he answered immediately. The price was comparable to another estimate I got. I got more for my money from him. The roof looks good and it appears to be quality work. He and his crew were here when they said. He came over a couple of times to check. He was very professional. I would use him again and I would recommend him
- CV Insulation CoThe job was huge, and they were awesome. The price was good and the work was done very well. They were professional about it. I would rate them highly. I am actually using them on another property also.
- Einar Johanson Insulation & GlassEverything went very well. They came on time, they installed the insulation, they did a good job, and they cleaned up and left.
Insulation Companies in Ely
- Business Description:Energy Nerds know about everything to do with saving money and making homes more energy efficient. We can supply insulation, windows, attic ventilation, solar power, and even paint to save you energy. We perform free energy audits. We are passionate about energy efficiency and believe our reputation is the savings we create for our clients. Our motto is to conserve, create, and prosper! Company Website: https://howtoinsulate.coRecent Review:They were honest by explaining to me why I shouldn't blow insulation into my walls because the siding is wood and would cause mold issue. Other companies would do the work even though they shouldn't.Amanda C.
- Business Description:We are a general contractor that serves Iowa and Illinois. If you can think it, we will figure out a way to create it for you at an honest price and great customer service. We have several financing options available for almost every type of credit risk. We offer several promotions throughout the year for both product and financingRecent Review:Olde Town Roofing was very responsive to all of our questions and requests! We worked with Jonah specifically. He worked along side our insurance company to make sure everything was covered after we had hail damage to our roof and gutters. Their work looks fantastic, their crew was professional, fast, and picked up after themselves really well! I would recommend this company to all of my friends and family! 5/5 starKalie P.
- Business Description:Des Moines Heating and Cooling (DMHC) is a family owned company that opened in 2007. With years and years of experience, DMHC strives to provide customers with an extremely comfortable, safe, and worry-free experience. Our friendly team has undergone hours of specialized training to ensure customers get service they can tell their neighbors about! All of DMHC’s services are guaranteed with a 100 percent money back guarantee. Des Moines Heating and Cooing takes pride in their work, going the e..Recent Review:Craig was friendly and helped me through this tough purchase as it was very stressful. Very Friendly and the installers were quite, time efficient & Made sure I knew how to work everything before leaving. Definitely would recommend this AWESOME company to AnyoneJessica S.
- Business Description:We specialize in appliance repair to include washers, dryers, stoves, dishwashers, microwave and refrigerators. We also install new or used appliances. Need an old appliance hauled away, we also provide a service for that. Keep your appliances working properly with our maintenance agreementRecent Review:Excellent! John was here the same day I called and was very knowledgeable of our washer. He even went above and beyond explaining a few things I didn't know about it. He will definitely be our go to for appliance repair! Very reasonable prices as well!Kayla K.
- Business Description:MidAmerica Basement Systems is your premier locally owned and operated company that specializes in foundation repair, basement waterproofing, crawl space repair, concrete leveling, and radon mitigation.Recent Review:So disappointed with this company. I own a house for my daughter to live in while she is in college. The house is 5 hours from my residence. The house has been having water in the basement. I turned to Angi to get a reliable list of waterproofing companies. When MidAmerica Basement Systems called me to set up a time to give me a free quote, I was instructed I would need to be at the house. I let them know my situation of living 5 hours away and that my 21 year old daughter would be at the house and could FaceTime me during the appointment. This was not good enough as it is "company policy" to have the owner at the house. I spoke with the initial employee who wasn't willing or even tried to figure out a solution. Her solution was to send my call to the manager, who when answered acted like she had no idea why she was getting the call. I explained to her again that I lived 5 hours away and would not be able to be at the house, but we could use technology and I could FaceTime. This again was denied and a viable solution was not even talked about. Never did I feel they wanted my business or in any way were willing to work with me. I can't imagine I am the only one who does not live close and has had issues. It is 2021 and in the middle of a pandemic. Why FaceTime isn't an option is extremely frustrating and confusing. The customer service I received during this call by various levels of employees was also disheartening. I would never use them after this experienceKendra F.
- Business Description:If you have a wet basement, a leaky foundation, or high radon levels, then we can help! MidAmerica Basement Systems has been delivering customized solutions to Cedar Rapids residents for more than 30 years. We are the exclusive installer of 30+ patented foundation and basement waterproofing, crawl space encapsulation, crawl space repair and foundation repair products. Extensively trained at the Basement Systems, Inc headquarters, our team of dedicated servicemen always come equipped with the ..Recent Review:I had a wonderful experience with MidAmerica Basement Systems & highly recommend them if your having any waterproofing needs. My project: I purchased my home 3.5 years ago & it started getting water in the basement last year after the outside drainage & tiling system put in my previous owners failed miserably. It would literally be full days of pumping water out of multiple locations in my basement. There were issues of moisture even with two dehumidifiers running & subfloors the crew took out & cleaned up after as well. Scheduling: They will schedule a ways out for appointments but only because it's a high demand working system. Others may be able to offer services quicker but there is likely a reason they are not busy. I got several bids in the time I waited for my MidAmerica Basement Systems appointment & encourage you to as well but definitely wait until after your appointment to make a decision. They were not the cheapest but had the best guarantee (100%), best working system, and a few things I've learned in my 20 years of homeownership is if you go cheap & need to redo it your typically spending more than if you did it right the first time & your home is not something to skimp on or take chances. MidAmerica Basement Systems will send you detailed emails as to what you can expect for each appointment. They will mail you a packet of information regarding different systems that work vs fail & throughly explain the dangers & hazards water/moisture in your home will cause. Our basement got so bad from the Derecho the only dry place was in our basement was the shower & my celing developed black mold quickly from the moisture. Not only did they offer a system to waterproof my basement but a whole house dehumidifier & air purifier which would have saved my ceiling if I had earlier. Sales: I had Justin A for sales & he was very thorough in listening to my problems & needs as well as took his time in explaining & showing me how they could fix my issues, how the system works, as well as answering all of my questions with detail & no hurry. He was absolutely great about changes I made in adding work later on (before my appointment) as well. He doesn't make it feel like a sales pitch, is not pushy at all, & really works to get you the most work in your budget (prep & finish work offered), as well as taking his time with you through the entire process. The office crew: The office staff was very polite & helpful. I mostly worked with Desiree S & Kim B who are extremely responsive in working with me. The Crew: My crew consisted of Brandon T, Sam G, & Ethan T who I highly recommend! These young men are the exact type you want on your project! They are polite, respectful, hard working, efficient, trust worthy & have a great work ethic! They not only got the job done in the time allotted but left my basement incredibly clean which I didn't expect. They thoroughly go over the work before & after as well as answer any questions you have along the way & explain in detail any changes if something isn't to plan before just doing something differently. They called before heading to my house as well which I thought was very courteous. I imagine they have a lot of great workers but anyone I know that I send their way, I'll have them ask for these men as the crew on their home. Overall: Overall I give them 5 stars & they earned it all the way. I will say it's winter so not when one typically gets water in their basement so I am unable to review how the system works fairly. I do, however, plan to leave another review after we get some lovely wet Iowa spring weather or melting of our snow mountains to test it out. I don't expect my review to change & feel confident in the upcoming months & years. Thank you MidAmerica Basement SystemsMandy H.
- Business Description:Locally owned & operated. Most jobs completed in one day. 10-year warranty on workmanship. Member of BBB, Who's Who, and Chamber of Commerce. Recycles all shingles.Recent Review:I had a quote given in March for the siding on my house to be done. They said they would be able to start in 3 weeks and they would give me a call a few days before starting. After 3 weeks passed I hadn't heard anything from them so I gave them a call and left a voicemail, to which I had no response. I called another 2 times with no response. I sent an email and got no response. A week later they show up unannounced to start the work. After the work was done, I received an invoice for $1500 more than the original quote. I was told it was because of the extra work they did, which they did not make the extra cost clear at all. When I called to ask about the extra cost and not having any phone calls or emails returned I was told they were to busy to get through voicemails and emails, and that they will not be doing anything for me. Moral of the story is, they do good work, but have TERRIBLE customer service. All they care about is the $Kevin G.
- Business Description:Trusted, Bonded and Insured, Erie Construction has grown to become one of the nation's largest home remodeling companies. We offer best-in-class products aimed at improving the value of your home while saving money on your home energy bills. We've been truly dedicated to the products we offer, and we're happy to back them up with warranty's to match. Since opening our first location in 1975, Erie Construction has serviced over 100,000 customers, with over 50,000 returning to us for additional..Recent Review:Equipment left lying around. 2 -guys putting on roof were not always supervised - did not repair problem just bandaid. Was not told not removing all shingles but put on over prev shingles. Overpaid for amount work done. 2yrs later still picking up roofing nails in yard. Left box of nails in driveway dumped in gravel thank goodness found before drove overKaren B.
- Business Description:Family-owned & operated since 1977. We are a full-service remodeling company specializing in Curb Appeal.
- Business Description:We are a full service remodeling and handyman contractor for residential and commercial clients. We are a family owned and operated local company that started back in 1998. We can do anything in from caulking or hanging a picture or curtains to building an addition, finishing your basement, remodeling your kitchen or bathroom, updating your breakroom or conference room at work and anything in between. We were awarded the 2017 Remodeler of the Year award from both the Cedar Rapids and Iowa Cit..Recent Review:The screwed it back in. Added new metal pieces for the dead bolt and knob, then made it look good again, doing everything but paint which I can do later.bill a.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful insulation contractor articles
Attic insulation comes in several varieties and helps regulate indoor temperatures. Learn more about what attic insulation is and how it keeps your home comfortable.
Insulating plaster walls is a great way to increase an older home’s energy efficiency. Here’s what you need to know before you take on an insulation project.
Find insulation contractors in
insulation contractors in Ely
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- Ideal Windows, Doors & Siding4701 10TH AVE
- Ideal Windows, Doors & Siding
- Kelley General Construction Services915 Wiley blvd. N.W.
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
- Kelley General Construction Services
- Loman Construction1432 WILD PRAIRIE DR
Iowa City, Iowa
- Loman Construction
- Olde Town Roofing712 18th Ave
- Olde Town Roofing
- Sabre Solutions C.R.P.O. Box 9306
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
- Smart Energy Solutions302 Court of Elm
Vernon Hills, Illinois
- Solar Wolf Energy202 Worcester St
- Soundrite-Acoustics, Inc.209 S. Stephanie Street Suite B-167
- Suburban Lumber2630 Wiley Boulevard Southwest
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
- Sabre Solutions C.R.