Installing lighting inside or above your cabinets will make your kitchen more efficient and user-friendly. Learn the best cabinet lighting fixtures, bulbs, and installation options that’ll enhance the style and function of your kitchen.
Get matched with top lights in Baxter, IA
There are 11 highly-rated local lights.
Recent Lighting Reviews in Baxter
- Jim Ferguson Painting LLCJim took on a challenging job for us, helping to get our mother’s home ready for sale. The work he’s done is excellent. His paint work is top notch - clean lines, great contrasts, absolutely beautiful - it has transformed the look of the home. He also rebuilt a wood deck for us; it looks like new. He did many additional small jobs, and offered suggestions and recommendations to help us get the outcome we were looking for. Jim is an efficient worker who is professional, courteous and an excellent communicator. He would be my first choice for any future work, and I give him the highest recommendation
- Handyman Connection - PhoenixBob was very professional and did all of the work. Bob was efficient and installed the lights on the fans and fixed the screen door. I have used Handyman Connection before and have always had excellent experience. They are terrific. I will continue to use Handyman Connection. Thank you!
- Buresh Home Solutions, Inc.My husband and I found Buresh Home Solutions through the Better Business Bureau's website. We contacted them for a quote I believe on a Thursday and they were able to send a team out that following Saturday morning. We were impressed right away with the fact that they not only sent out the owner, but also a project manager, and plumber. They were very thorough with the assessment and were able to get us a bid in about a week. We accepted the bid and within a couple days they were working on the project. In regards to the length of time the project took, we were actually slightly disappointed. There were several days where nobody would show up to work on anything even though we were told someone would be there. I realize they have plenty of jobs to work on at any given time, but it was frustrating being misled. Our project manager was very attentive to our needs and worked with us extremely well and that was very much appreciated. We had a few hiccups along the way including the fact that they forgot to caulk around our shower base and we had a significant leak that showed up a couple weeks later and had damaged a small section of our newly refurbished wood floors. It seems as though many of the hiccups were due to mis-communication between several people and details being forgotten. They were very quick to act on it, though, and it was fixed that afternoon. As a very clean person, I was very disappointed with how messy the jobsite upstairs was during the tiling of our shower. It was pretty unacceptable and there was so reason for the huge mess. We were keeping our original oak wood floors since they were in great condition and we were planning on re-doing them after it all ourselves, but we had significant water damage to a large section by the shower where the tiler did not take appropriate steps to safeguard against water damage to the floors or was just lazy. We still see the water damage after sanding/staining/varnishing. We also feel that we paid too much for the amount of work they did and the amount of material we had already provided. Overall we were pleased with their work and their customer service, however at times their attention to detail and productivity could have been greatly improved. Our master bathroom and bedroom remodel will defnitely increase the value to our home
- Buresh Home Solutions, Inc.I have worked with Brian Buresh a number of times over the past 10 years, from Siding, new windows, new deck, new sliding French Doors to now remodeling the main level of the house. I got two Bids because I have worked with Brian and he has always lived up to his word, I chose him even though the other bid was about 5% lower. They came out, reviewed the plans we wanted implement, made some suggested changes. One of them was to take our closet out of the mud room and convert it to a locker arrear and the remaining space into a wonderful new additional pantry. After we agreed on price and plan, they started. Within days, they had the floors in the living room, dining room and hallway replaced with new real wood oak floors. ( I have to add that they were instrumental in finding a flooring supplier that had what we wanted with the price we wanted to pay.) After the floors were installed, they stripped the wallpaper, which was in every room. It was a mess during the day but when they left, they cleaned up after themselves every time.After stripping the wallpaper, they arranged for the installation of the Granite and appliances. There was a small delay there because the Boesch Built in Oven was backordered. Once that was in, they finished installing the appliances and finished the job. During the process, Brian stayed in touch with me during the process. As you can guess, you can't put $30,000 into a remodeling project without having some minor issues or changes in the plan. When any of these arose, (and there were very few but mostly due to our changes), he worked with us and implemented the changes or corrected the problem. I've lived in 4 major cities and remodeled a number of houses in each of those cities. I want to say that Brian is the most honest contractor I've ever met. I would work with Brian on a handshake and nothing more. That is how much I trust him
- Buresh Home Solutions, Inc.This was a project I started and after doing the demolition, I realized it was more than I could do. I had them come in and insulate the walls, install new drywall on the ceiling and walls and all the new trim. They installed the new vanity, sink, toliet, plus the mirror. They also installed the baseboard in the bathroom and all around the remodeled rec room. In addition, they repaired several drywall problems in the rec room while they were on the job
- Buresh Home Solutions, Inc.They arranged for a specific measurements by their worker who was going to install. They measured, they arranged for the delivery of the six panel doors, they stained them to match the rest of the stained interior. Once the staining was completed, they installed them. Their was a slight change in the hardware from the lumberyard so they took that hardware, went to the local box store, obtained the correct hardware and installed that. They did an excellent job. We've used them several times and have always been extremely satisfied
- Eagle Electric IncBob and Steve are wonderful! They actually arrived on time and finished the work in four hours, unlike the last two electricians we hired. Would definitely recommend!
- On Time ProfessionalsIt went very well. Efficient and timely. Answered all my questions and gave me a quote. Notified me by email and phone text when they would arrive. Pleasant to deal with and very professional.
- Top-Flite ContractingAwesome company! This is a local company that I want people to know. They are affordable, hard-working, reliable, on-time, good at everything related to home repairs. I will be using them whenever I need help with anything around my house.
- Scott's Home RenewalI used Scott's Home Renewal for a first floor renovation about three years ago, was pleased and hired them again for this. Not the cheapest contractor, but definitely the best I have used here. First class professionals; first rate subs, especially the tile and glass people The custom glass door arrived with the wrong specs, and the glass contractor got the factory to make a new one with only one day of waiting.. If you want it done right, contact Scott's
Lights in Baxter
- Business Description:We have been a small locally owned electrical contractor since 1999. We serve both residential & commercial customers in Des Moines & surrounding areas. Jim Kaas has over 35 years experience in the electrical trade & can offer his customers a wide variety of knowledge. We give free estimates for all our work & our hourly rate is $89.00 per hour + taxRecent Review:Jim and Dan were great to work with. Dan came first to check the project out, and then had Jim come to give me an estimate. Jim took the time to go through the house and explain exactly what work needed to be done. They had MidAmerican run service to the side of the house, then ran a meter main from the side of the house through the crawlspace to the location of the old panel. They then put the new panel in and wired everything up, along with upgrading the grounding system. They left the work site as clean as they found it. I will definitely be saving Jim's contact information for my future electrical needsJacob G.
- Business Description:A-1 Electric is an electrical contractor serving customers in Des Moines, Iowa and the surrounding communities. For over 30 years, our experienced electricians have provided customers with quality electrical services. Our electricians are well-trained and professionalRecent Review:I am getting a panel replacement along with updated lighting, all to code. This job is only half done and I couldn't be happier with how it is going. Jared and Carlos and doing a fantastic job. During the quote process, I felt John (the owner) was very professional and went through my whole house to issue a proper quote. I have contacted several electricians in my area and some wanted money for a quote! Really? I have had others not return my messages or never call me back. I made the right decision here. I was worried for nothingJames K.
- Business Description:Buresh Home Solutions, Inc has been serving Iowa home owners for over 13 years. We are committed to earning your business by offering our customers more choices to meet their needs and budgets. We are pleased to offer all Angie's List Members a 5% discount up to $500.00 on their next home improvement project . We offer a variety of financing programs and in many cases can finance the entire project or offer no interest programs as well. Our team is made up of dedicated professionals committed..Recent Review:I didn't end up hiring him but they came out and gave me an estimate. I'm certain he is a good contractor who would have been a reasonable choice, I got three estimates and went with someone else.Mike T.
- Business Description:Started in 1945 by Fred Kohles, Kohles & Bach Heating & Cooling has proudly served the Des Moines area for more than 65 years. Their rich history of excellent customer service was further built upon when Rick Bach became an owner in 1980, helping the company in cultivating an even greater reputation with residents and businesses in the area. The team at Kohles & Bach pride themselves on several outstanding facets of their business: • Sales and installation of high-efficiency Lennox equipme..Recent Review:I recently moved and needed the gas fireplace checked out. The technician who came out was able to work on my Heatilator fireplace; when other fireplace service companies were unable to assist. He cleaned the glass, lit the pilot and educated me on proper useKathy L.
- Business Description:Owner operated. Additional DBA: The Fan Doctor. Licensed electrician in New Hampshire & Massachusetts. Over 30 years experience.Recent Review:Had a lot of work done. I needed ceiling lights, connected to wall switches, put in for 4 second floor bedrooms, which had no existing light fixtures. Ed cut holes in the ceiling and installed 4 electrical boxes (fasten 3 studs and one brace). Then he went up into the attic, ran wire to the wall switch, and put in new double switches. He then installed 3 ceiling lights and one ceiling fan. Next he went back up into the attic and ran new wire into 5 closets, and installed lights in them. Those lights were connected to the double switches he had installed before. Ed then replaced an older ceiling light with a new one. Finally, he replaced a couple of older breakers with new ones and put in some blanks too. Ed charges a Flat Rate for the work, so if it takes longer, it does not cost more. He is very profession, shows up on time, and works hard for the entire time he is there. I plan on having him come back in the future to do some more work that needs to be doneCory C.
- Business Description:Jim Ferguson Painting is locally owned and operated with more than 30 years of experience. We are an EPA Lead Certified company specializing in interior and exterior work, we offer services for all your painting and repair needs. Services include but limited to Wood Rot Repair, Interior & Exterior Painting, Furniture Painting, cabinet painting ,Fence & Deck Refinishing, Garage Floor Coatings, Antique Furniture Restoration, Woodwork Stripping & Refinishing, Power Washing, Concrete Sealing, and..Recent Review:Professional, timely, fair pricing. I would certainly hire again.Deb K.
- Business Description:On Time Professionals provides expert electrical service in Central Iowa. Convenient scheduling, a standard 2-year warranty, and friendly service every time you call. When you need an electrician, call the experts at On-Time Professionals. $20 off an Electrical service call, if booked online @ myontimepro.coRecent Review:It went very well. Efficient and timely. Answered all my questions and gave me a quote. Notified me by email and phone text when they would arrive. Pleasant to deal with and very professional.Kate C.
- Business Description:Free Phone Consultation. Not sure if we can help? Give us a call, it's on us! We are more than happy to talk with you and discuss your computer problems. Fast service. In some cases we can help you right now! If not, we will schedule an appointment that fits your schedule. If you receive our answering service, please leave us a message. We will call you back as soon as possible. Domestic Based Support. Our company is based right here in the United States and all of our technicians speak clear..Recent Review:It went fabulously. I will not use anyone but Alexander. PeriodDiane J.
- Business Description:General Handyman BusinessRecent Review:It all works just fine and their price for value is satisfactory.Erin B.
- Business Description:ARCBAZAR provides online architectural design. Services include: New Residential, Remodeling, Interior Design, Landscape, and Commercial Spaces. Clients launch a competition for a project online at ARCBAZAR.com by providing a brief description and images/dimensions. Several Architects & Designers participate in the competition. By the end, Clients receive multiple design packages and choose the best solution. To view completed projects, please visit www.arcbazar.coRecent Review:Good for initial idea generation - will not replace an architect familiar with local Building CodesJeffrey P.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful Lighting articles
Light fixtures are the jewelry that accessorizes a room. Like furnishings and decor, lighting adds personality, helping bring your style to life. Read ahead for eight creative, unique, and cool lighting options that are both beautiful and functional.
There are three main types of light bulbs on the market: incandescent light bulbs, compact fluorescent light bulbs (CFLs), and light-emitting diodes (LEDs). Keep reading to find out which light bulbs are the best for your space.
Find lights in
- State Center
- Prairie City
- Pleasant Hill
lights in Baxter
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- A Perfect Finish Drywall & Construction6640 Mott Ave
Windsor Heights, Iowa
- A-1 ELECTRIC1501 EVANS ST
Des Moines, Iowa
- A-1 Handyman833 C Ave
- Accent Lighting2292 71st Pl
- ADAMS CONSTRUCTION5824 PLEASANT ST
West Des Moines, Iowa
- Affinity Contractors1406 Main Street
- Affordable Contracting & Handyman202 W North St
- Affordable Fans - The Fan Doctor9 Gumpas Hill Rd
Pelham, New Hampshire
- Alexander Technical Resources1263 Glenwood Ave SE
- All American Turf Beauty Inc311 Desoto Rd
Van Meter, Iowa
- Alternative Rain Irrigation808 SW Cherry St. Suite A
- american artisan & traditional homes, inc.3711 Franklin Ave
Des Moines, Iowa
- Arcbazar Inc114 Western Ave
- Archadeck of Central Iowa2925 99th St
- A Perfect Finish Drywall & Construction
- Buresh Home Solutions, Inc.9379 Swanson Blvd Ste D
- Buresh Home Solutions, Inc.
- Classic Copper Works9443 Cossey Road
- Classic Copper Works
- Deaver Electric Inc8816 Swanson Blvd
- Deaver Electric Inc
- Farm and Home Builders Inc234 NW Plaza Dr
- Farm and Home Builders Inc
- Haes Construction818 Sw Ankeny Blvd
- Haes Construction
- Integra Electrical205 N Buxton St
- Integra Electrical
- Nidey Services1412 41st St
Des Moines, Iowa
- Nidey Services
- USA Alarm Service, Inc510 S Clearwater Loop 100
Post Falls, Idaho
- USA Alarm Service, Inc