Proper lawn mower maintenance can keep it running longer. Whether it's sharpening blades or getting a professional mower tuneup, follow these maintenance tips.
Find top lawn mower repair services in Ames, IA
There are 0 top-rated lawn mower repair services in your area and 1 to avoid
After 20 years, it's now free to join.
- More than 10 Million Verified Reviews
- Nationwide Coverage
- Trusted Ratings
Recent Lawn Mower Repair Reviews in Ames
- A+ Lawn & LandscapeA+ has been responsible for my front landscaping, my backyard patio and fire pit, my Christmas lights, my lawn treatments, and even sharpened my mower blade! Our front yard used to be used as a parking lot by the previous homeowners. We have old trees with a lot a shade and it looked pretty miserable. Thanks to a+’s work and knowledge, we finally have grass! Their staff has been very professional and knowledgeable and we will continue using them and recommending them to our friends and family
- A+ Lawn & LandscapeFertilizing, weed control, aerating & reseeding, all done professionally Would recommend A Plus for great lawn care.
- A+ Lawn & LandscapeExcellent my yard looks better than ever would recommend to get lawn looking great really professional quick response
- A+ Lawn & LandscapeA+ Lawn & Landscape is a wonderful place to get your lawn taken care of. They show that they care about the lawn as well as you.
- A+ Lawn & LandscapeExcellent. Each time I work with them I get excellent results and I am very happy with their service. I’ve been working with A + Lawn and Landscape for over 10 years now.
- A+ Lawn & LandscapeAll of the services listed above went perfect! Good service in the office, knowledgeable and professional employees on the job.
- A+ Lawn & LandscapeThis was such a convenient way to get my lawn mower a needed tune up and blade sharpening. Price was comparable to other places where I would've had to take the mower in but I didn't have to haul my mower anywhere - A+ came to my house, took the mower on their trailer, completed the work and put the mower back in my shed when they were done. Ran much better afterwards (had been stalling out previously) and the blade sharpening made a big difference. I'll likely have them come out annually and do this same service
- THE MOWER SHOP REPAIR & SERVICEdetermined cause of problem was a spring. Changed oil & did not sharpen blade. Was not charged for spring tune-up as one was not needed. (Blade was sharp) Work was promised in 2 weeks and was ready 4 days early.
- BEAVER MOWER & EQUIPMENT REPAIRI was happy with the service, I called a couple weeks ago to service the mower and fix the snowblower and Scott was helpful. They came and picked them up and dropped them off. Took a couple of weeks, had to get a part for the snowblower. I would use their services again in the future.
- Hilker Small EngineThe entire experience took less than two days. They were good to work with, did the work right the first time, were prompt and reasonably priced.
Lawn Mower Repair Services in Ames
- Business Description:Home remodels, kitchens, bathrooms, flooring, and decking.Recent Review:Connor and crew did a wonderful job! There were lots of issues with the fencing provider I chose, delivering their products in a timely manner. But A-Z was very patient and worked with me, to make sure the fence was installed soon after we had all of the materials on hand and before the ground was frozen. They were very professional, reasonably priced and the fencing looks fantastic, and now my dogs are safer. I would definitely hire these guys again to do work around my home. Thank You A-Z and Angie's List for a job excellently doneTina M.
- Business Description:RepairClinic is a retailer and distributor of OEM appliance, HVAC system, and outdoor power equipment parts. RetailClinic does not offer repair services; the company offers free repair resources including more than 5,000 how-to videos to empower DIY-ers and technicians to fix appliances and equipment on their own. RepairClinic.com® makes fixing things easy for millions of people. Founded in 1999, it is North America’s trusted online store with replacement parts for major household applianc..Recent Review:I have tried every possible way to get someone to help me, but no one has ever returned any calls or emails. I am at a complete loss. but one thing I have learned - Angies list is an absolute farce.Julie A.
- Business Description:Affordable Contracting & Handyman
- Business Description:Sears Home Services is America’s #1 appliance services provider. Our thousands of experts based throughout the U.S. deliver guaranteed quality and workmanship. We work on most makes and models whether they were purchased at Sears or not. We take care of your house so you can enjoy your home. Only Sears offers 3 unique ways to save on appliance repairs! 1. Standard Repair Service + 90 Day Guarantee • Cost is provided after technician diagnoses the problem • 90 day guarantee on parts a..Recent Review:Very good, prompt, and professional personnelDaryl E.
- Business Description:We work on all types of outdoor power equipment. It doesn't matter where it was purchased or what brand it is. Including Craftsman equipment.Recent Review:It took over a month to have it returned. The owner is very rude.victoria g.
- Business Description:been in business 30 years and we believe in good honest service from the front to the back.Recent Review:Great Price was per quote and reasonable Mower works wellMax C.
- Business Description:I am a one man shop that does everything from landscaping to general contracting. I work in construction M-F so all of my work is done in evenings and on weekends. I have done side work for many years. My communication is what sets me apart from my competition. I promise to always call you back and have never "disappeared" on a client. Hope to work with you soon
- Business Description:Clive Power Equipment is your trusted source for sales, parts and service of your power equipment in Clive, Iowa. We are proud to be a family owned and operated business since 1996. We have a full service shop with five full time technicians that will repair your power equipment efficiently and quickly. We only sell high quality parts and equipment. We are Iowa’s largest dealer for Exmark, Toro and Stihl. We have the necessary experience and expertise to help you understand the advantages o..Recent Review:It was an ongoing thing. They fixed something and then three weeks later it didn't function. They took it in and they said well we told you it might need a new corroborator and I said why don't you just put in a new corroborator instead of rebuilding the old one and they said I will tell you what we will do. What we will do we will put it in for free you just pay for the corroborator and then when I got there they changed it and I have heard nothing but complaints about that company. When I got there they charged me for labor and corroborator and everything. In a short amount of time they had a $1000 when they just put in a new corroborator would have been whatever 600 or something. I am a commercial account. I own a pawnshop so I took a lot of stuff to them and once I mentioned that every single person I talked to said that's all we have ever heard from that companyJeffrey P.
- Business Description:Superior Subcontracting ServicesRecent Review:Kept making promises of when the job would be started then would keep putting the start date.Edward S.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful lawn mower repair service articles
If your lawn mower will not start, it may have a clogged air filter or bad spark plug. A lawn mower repair pro walks through how to fix and avoid problems.
Reel lawn mowers make a comeback over power mowers thanks to their operating ease and affordability. Learn if a rotary mower is a smart choice for you.
Find lawn mower repair shops in
- Story City
- Polk City
- State Center
lawn mower repair shops in Ames
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- Clive Power Equipment7600 University Ave STE D
- Clive Power Equipment
- D&J Outdoor Solutions436 4th Street
West Des Moines, Iowa
- D&J Outdoor Solutions
- Elevate Construction Inc1000 S Fairfield Drive Ste. 80
- Elevate Construction Inc
- Hilltop Tire Service2914 Hubbell Ave
Des Moines, Iowa
- Hilltop Tire Service
- Lake Landscape & Irrigation5316 South Union Street
Des Moines, Iowa
- Lake Landscape & Irrigation
- Minka Enterprises LLC4140 100th ST #10
- Minka Enterprises LLC
- RepairClinic.com Inc48600 Michigan Ave
- RepairClinic.com Inc
- Swieter Home Lawn and Snow LLC2900 Capitol Ave
Des Moines, Iowa
- Swieter Home Lawn and Snow LLC
- veterans handyman services5615 W Lincoln Way
- veterans handyman services