Swieter Home Lawn and Snow LLC

Founded 1998 • With Angi since March 2011

2900 Capitol Ave

Des Moines, IA 50317

We are Swieter Home Lawn and Snow LLC and we can help you with any home improvement and maintenance needs. With over 10+ years of experience in a variety of fields, we can do about anything you need! Fully insured and State of Iowa registered contractor. Some of our specialties include: • General

09/25/2018

Diane K.

CAUTION - when relying on Issac We needed our chimney rebuilt. Issac estimated it and finally we received a starting date. After, working an hour he said the job was too big for him. (some damage to our metal pieces). We request that he would paint it after we find another handyman. Once done he came back and quoted over $100 an hour to paint the chimney. He kept push us out on his calendar. We dropped him. He had us paid for the hour that he worked on the Chimney before exiting. Very poor communication if we are scheduled? If he is starting on the day he last told us? Problem answering texts.

Description of Work
Rebuilt of Chimney and Paint New Construction

Category handyman service, chimney repair, house painters

06/25/2018

Rich T.

Some difficulty in getting messages back and forth in a timely manner prior to getting started on the work. Other than that, it was a good experience.

Description of Work
Framing a bathroom window

12/01/2017

Shelley C.

So happy and grateful to find Swieter Home. Professional, punctual, friendly and did an amazing job at cleaning up my HUGE yard at a very fair price. I would have been raking until the end of January. Impressive operation. Isaac gave me an estimate and he and his crew came out and did the work that SAME week! Definitely recommend!

Description of Work
Leaf pick-up and trimming away of unwanted branches and dead plants.

11/22/2016

brianne S.

Isaac and his team are awesome! They cleaned up the yard in under 45 minutes; the yard looks great and free of leaves. Isaac is very friendly, has a fair competitive pricing and his crew did a wonderful job with the fall cleanup. We will definitely be using again!!

Description of Work
Fall cleanup / leaf removal

Category lawn service, leaf removal

11/03/2016

Joseph N.

Promised work dates were missed, without notice. Work completed beyond time expected.

Description of Work
Replaced, painted small area of house siding.

10/20/2016

Kelly B.

The work was done in a timely manner at a fair price. We are in fact, hiring Swieter to pour some concrete sidewalks for us next week.

Description of Work
Back in May 2013, Swieter Home & Lawn installed four permanent batting cages at Walnut Creek Little League. The work was done in a timely manner at a fair price. We are in fact, hiring Swieter to pour some concrete sidewalks for us next week/

Category appliance repair, handyman service

08/10/2015

Julie H.

They worked quickly, were very energetic and polite. When rain delayed some of the work, they came back and finished up without my having to call them. The final price was right on the estimate. I will definitely call them for future jobs.

Description of Work
Mulched in 2 areas, seeded 2 areas, replaced chain link gate & section of iron fence, removed old timbers & bush, graded by garage foundation and around tree, cleaned under deck, sprayed and removed poison ivy, rebuilt section of deck railing, removed windows on enclosed porch.

08/03/2015

Louise M.

I have since hired someone else.

Description of Work
He came out promptly when I called and gave an estimate. on June 4. I accepted his bid and asked when he could do the work. He said he wanted to wait until the ground was dry and he had work about 3 weeks out so it would probably July. It is now August 3 and I have not heard from him. I wanted 4 or 6 large dying bushes removed.

07/27/2015

CHUCK L.

Everything so far has been positive. They are very busy and it may take a day or two to respond to a call or question but performed better than any other contractor I tried to work with.

Description of Work
I asked for a quote to have a closet in bathroom move to hallway and finish a basement bedroom. Have not yet arrange to have this done.

Category excavators, handyman service, remodeling, basement remodeling

06/29/2015

Donna S.

Excellent job -- cleaned area after the work. I have been working with another contractor Central Iowa Construction and the experience has been the total opposite -- very bad experience. I will give all future work to Swieter.

Description of Work
Initially contracted for lawn service for 2 residential properties; service has been good. Also contract for concrete work for a patio. GREAT service.

Category concrete repair, handyman service, lawn service

06/24/2015

Dawn C.

Isaac was great. He fit around my time schedule and gave me different price options and suggestions for the project and got it done in a timely manner, quickly and efficiently. Very happy and would use him again.

Description of Work
Removed some unwanted vegetation including a large bush and fence section along the sidewalk edge of the property. Sprayed the area to reduce the chance of grow back.

Category handyman service, moving companies

06/18/2015

Mary-francis H.

We had been on waiting lists for 3 different handyman services trying to get these installed ASAP and Isaac come through for us. They are exactly what we needed: sturdy & secure. Isaac kept in touch with us & did his best to get the work done as soon as he could. Good communication, both by phone & email.

Description of Work
Installed 3 handrails in our new home.

Category handyman service, woodworking

05/19/2015

Susan T.

Prompt response and scheduling. Spoke to Isaac about the estimate and Jesse came out to do the work. Called before he came, was on time and finished quickly. Very professional! I will definitely use them again!

Description of Work
Rehung 3 bifold doors, reinforced 3 bifold doors and repaired a smoke detector..

Category electrician, handyman service

05/19/2015

Mindy E.

they Did a decent job with the clean up even cleaning the gutters for us. though I would say the they could have done a better job around my deck but other then that it looked great. I keep them on for a weekly mowing and they do a great job. Now the only reason I gave them a C on pricing is I paid about 15 dollars less a week for the mowing back home. The only reason I gave them a C on punctuality is they never come the same day which makes it much harder for me as I have to leave the gate open for them to be able to do my back yard and I have 3 dogs so cant leave it open at all times.

Description of Work
We Just moved to the Des Moines area this last fall and so our yard needed a major clean up and also needed a weekly mowing.

Category lawn service, moving companies

04/03/2015

Joseph N.

Fantastic job, they only came out when needed (usually weekly until a little later in the season when the growth slowed). They moved incredibly fast but did an incredibly thorough job. Lawn looked fantastic every week, only cancelling because I can mow it myself again. Would definitely hire again for any future jobs I have pop up.

Description of Work
Mowed and edged my lawn as needed during the summer and spring of 2014 while I was recovering from a broken leg.

02/16/2015

Stacy W.

Highly recommend this company. Great quality and great people.

Description of Work
Drywall patch,repair and texture.

Category drywall, handyman service

08/04/2014

Jessica C.

They responded very quickly through the Angie's Messaging system, as well as by phone, but we no longer needed a quote. We will definitely contact them if we have future landscaping needs!

Description of Work
Called for quote on mowing of residential yard

Category handyman service, landscaping, lawn service

05/05/2014

Maureen G.

Isaac is detailed oriented and works fast. I felt confident in his work.

Description of Work
Finished a remodeling project in our basement - re-hung a suspended ceiling using old previously used tiles, adjusting all to fit. Isaac saved us money by reusing the old tiles. He also installed ten wood louvered doors that all had to be trimmed to fit the door openings. He installed a drywall ceiling in the oddly shaped basement entry which required precision cutting.

Category drywall, handyman service, doors

04/18/2014

Jennifer F.

He is really easy to get a hold of. He lets you know how much you are going to cost before he comes. They also do a really good job and offer a lot of different services.

Description of Work
Swieter Home Lawn and Snow LLC does a winter clean-up every year for me.

Category lawn service

03/31/2014

Barbara H.

My experience with Swieter Home Lawn and Snow was excellent! Isaac and his crew are honest, professional, reliable and very courteous. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend their services or work with them in the future.

Description of Work
Spring clean up, hanging bracket installation and summer grass cutting.

02/27/2014

Kevin A.

Isaac is very friendly, honest, and knows what he is doing. I never saw his crew, but they were a little careless and got some stain on the house and concrete. Just a little bit of care or attention to detail could have easily prevented this. Of course, you can't get stain off concrete or siding, so even after a call back the stains are still there and will be for a long time. Luckily they are fairly small, but still annoying. Overall I would hire them again.

Description of Work
Cleaned and stained wood deck.

Category decks, handyman service, deck cleaning

01/20/2014

mia W.

Isaac was awesome! He came out to fix a problem due to someone else's negligence. He checked out the entire thing to make sure everything was in working order. He is very polite and professional and knows what he's talking about. I will definitely call him in the future!

Description of Work
Isaac looked at my garbage disposer to ensure it was hooked up properly as it was installed by another individual and was leaking badly. He also snaked the piples to make sure they were clear.

12/22/2013

Mark W.

The removal team just left, and they came at just the right time! They did a nice job on the snow, but what makes me the happiest is that my wife was getting ready to go out to shovel since we're expecting guests later this morning, and the team showed up at the perfect time. I'm disabled, and not having to worry about my family out working in the cold is a huge relief. Issac Swieter and his team made my day!!!

Description of Work
Cleared snow from driveway, front walkway, and public sidewalks.

12/17/2013

kathy N.

No rating on actual work, but they were responsive

Description of Work
I was not able to get in with this provider, as they were full for the season. However, he offered to call me back after the next snowfall in the event they had time to do an extra job. He also referred me to another vendor. He returned my initial call within 5 minutes of me leaving the message.

12/06/2013

victoria G.

It didn't go. They did not the professionalism to call me back

Description of Work
This business did not have the courtesy to return my call.

Home Remedy

We are a Handyman / Home Projects contractor. Doors, windows, sinks, faucets, garbage disposal, fans, lights, entry steps, ramps, paint, wall repair, cabinets, interior & exterior trim, sheeting, LVT flooring, toilets and more. Customer service is our priority. We have been serving customers for over 40 years. Working with private, corporate and residential clients. We believe communication and transparency is vital to earning and keeping our clients business. We have been in the business of sales, installation and contracting for over 40 years. We are an Iowa small business with mid-western values. Our staff has been here for over 20 years each.

Cover's Construction LLC

Cover's Construction is an Iowa General Contractor specializing in Pole Barn Construction and Steel Roofing. I am proud of the superior materials we use, the efficient construction system we have developed, and of our teams who perform the work so professionally. Whether you need storage for machinery or housing for your animals, our buildings are designed to be durable, long lasting, and functional. If you are considering a new pole barn or new roofing for your building, I would appreciate an opportunity to prepare a proposal for you, and to furnish more details regarding our experience, versatility, materials and workmanship. Call me Monday through Saturday at 515-202-6351, or send me an e-mail . Thanks and visit our website www.coversconstruction.com Joe Cover

Sorbo Custom Decks

My company specializes in composite custom decks, we also do cedar and pressure treated decks as well. No matter how big we have the knowledge and drive to complete your project and make your neighbors jealous.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, PayPal

Call us for a free estimate. There is very little that we can't do.

please ask for details.