Proper lawn mower maintenance can keep it running longer. Whether it's sharpening blades or getting a professional mower tuneup, follow these maintenance tips.
Find top lawn mower repair services in Johnston, IA
There are 2 top-rated lawn mower repair services in your area and 1 to avoid
After 20 years, it's now free to join.
- More than 10 Million Verified Reviews
- Nationwide Coverage
- Trusted Ratings
Recent Lawn Mower Repair Reviews in Johnston
- A+ Lawn & LandscapeA+ has been responsible for my front landscaping, my backyard patio and fire pit, my Christmas lights, my lawn treatments, and even sharpened my mower blade! Our front yard used to be used as a parking lot by the previous homeowners. We have old trees with a lot a shade and it looked pretty miserable. Thanks to a+’s work and knowledge, we finally have grass! Their staff has been very professional and knowledgeable and we will continue using them and recommending them to our friends and family
- A+ Lawn & LandscapeFertilizing, weed control, aerating & reseeding, all done professionally Would recommend A Plus for great lawn care.
- A+ Lawn & LandscapeExcellent my yard looks better than ever would recommend to get lawn looking great really professional quick response
- A+ Lawn & LandscapeA+ Lawn & Landscape is a wonderful place to get your lawn taken care of. They show that they care about the lawn as well as you.
- A+ Lawn & LandscapeExcellent. Each time I work with them I get excellent results and I am very happy with their service. I’ve been working with A + Lawn and Landscape for over 10 years now.
- A+ Lawn & LandscapeAll of the services listed above went perfect! Good service in the office, knowledgeable and professional employees on the job.
- A+ Lawn & LandscapeThis was such a convenient way to get my lawn mower a needed tune up and blade sharpening. Price was comparable to other places where I would've had to take the mower in but I didn't have to haul my mower anywhere - A+ came to my house, took the mower on their trailer, completed the work and put the mower back in my shed when they were done. Ran much better afterwards (had been stalling out previously) and the blade sharpening made a big difference. I'll likely have them come out annually and do this same service
- THE MOWER SHOP REPAIR & SERVICEdetermined cause of problem was a spring. Changed oil & did not sharpen blade. Was not charged for spring tune-up as one was not needed. (Blade was sharp) Work was promised in 2 weeks and was ready 4 days early.
- Clive Power EquipmentI called to find out the cost and time it would take to sharpen my chainsaw blade. I brought my chainsaw in and left it overnight. They had it ready by the time they stated, and charged me what they quoted. They were very professional and the store seemed very bright and clean.
- BEAVER MOWER & EQUIPMENT REPAIRGenerator running rough and would die when load placed on it. Took it in, polite, friendly and professional team. Called when ready to pick up. $ was a little more than estimate although I just asked for idea of cost- tune up about $60-70 . They did what I asked and what they said they would do. Took home, ran it with load and it ran great. I don't mind paying for good quality work. Would use them again
Lawn Mower Repair Services in Johnston
- Business Description:Being the leading lawn care and landscaping company in Des Moines, IA requires ongoing dedication to our quality of work and customer service. With outdoor services that include fertilization, weed control, irrigation/sprinklers, weekly mowing and maintenance, and landscape design, we turn your lawn into the best on the blockRecent Review:So we used this company for irrigation and it has been a disaster. The technician had NO IDEA what was going on. He was in our crawl space pulling valves and didn’t know what he was pulling. We have since had CRAZY HIGH WATER WORKS BILLS from them “messing” with our irrigation system. We have two meters and the one specifically for our irrigation system has been insanely high! Nobody will return our calls, we’ve been waiting for a phone call from a supervisor for two weeks now. **we were hung up on earlier by a customer service rep** RIDICULOUS. WISH WE HAD NEVER TRUSTED THIS COMPANY WITH OUR BUSINESS We’ve had their billing company call us multiple times to collect a payment but won’t return our calls about paying our bills that they’ve caused us! We’ve paid water works $350 and we now have a bill of $930 because of APLUS being terrible. DO NOT USE THEM UNLESS YOU WANT TO OWE WATER WORKS HUNDREDS OF DOLLARS 3 weeks later and they still haven’t been professional enough to be responsive and refund uBrooke W.
- Business Description:We want to be your go to company when you have any little project in your home. We are fully licensed and insured and want you to be 100% satisfied; we provide only our best quality of workmanship and 100% money back guaranteRecent Review:Lil Brother helped me get my house ready to go on the market. Their work was exceptional. They were timely, polite, kept me updated when there were adjustments to be made including catching a small roof leak I had missed. They are always my first choice when I need repairs around the house. In addition to their high quality of work they are also dedicated to service in our community. Jean and Steve run their business with the highest level of integrityKristen H.
- Business Description:Home remodels, kitchens, bathrooms, flooring, and decking.Recent Review:Connor and crew did a wonderful job! There were lots of issues with the fencing provider I chose, delivering their products in a timely manner. But A-Z was very patient and worked with me, to make sure the fence was installed soon after we had all of the materials on hand and before the ground was frozen. They were very professional, reasonably priced and the fencing looks fantastic, and now my dogs are safer. I would definitely hire these guys again to do work around my home. Thank You A-Z and Angie's List for a job excellently doneTina M.
- Business Description:RepairClinic is a retailer and distributor of OEM appliance, HVAC system, and outdoor power equipment parts. RetailClinic does not offer repair services; the company offers free repair resources including more than 5,000 how-to videos to empower DIY-ers and technicians to fix appliances and equipment on their own. RepairClinic.com® makes fixing things easy for millions of people. Founded in 1999, it is North America’s trusted online store with replacement parts for major household applianc..Recent Review:I have tried every possible way to get someone to help me, but no one has ever returned any calls or emails. I am at a complete loss. but one thing I have learned - Angies list is an absolute farce.Julie A.
- Business Description:3 EMPLOYEES. USES SUBS FOR LABOR. CHARGES AN HOURLY RATE OF $75 (10/15/2008). NO TRAVEL CHARGES. NO SERVICE CHARGES.Recent Review:determined cause of problem was a spring. Changed oil & did not sharpen blade. Was not charged for spring tune-up as one was not needed. (Blade was sharp) Work was promised in 2 weeks and was ready 4 days earlySharon C.
- Business Description:Sears Home Services is America’s #1 appliance services provider. Our thousands of experts based throughout the U.S. deliver guaranteed quality and workmanship. We work on most makes and models whether they were purchased at Sears or not. We take care of your house so you can enjoy your home. Only Sears offers 3 unique ways to save on appliance repairs! 1. Standard Repair Service + 90 Day Guarantee • Cost is provided after technician diagnoses the problem • 90 day guarantee on parts a..Recent Review:Very good, prompt, and professional personnelDaryl E.
- Business Description:We are Swieter Home Lawn and Snow LLC and we can help you with any home improvement and maintenance needs. With over 10+ years of experience in a variety of fields, we can do about anything you need! Fully insured and State of Iowa registered contractor. Some of our specialties include: • General household repairs and remodeling • Basements framed to completed living area • Attic insulation • Roofing • Interior\exterior painting • Deck design, install, maintenance, and refinishing • Si..Recent Review:CAUTION - when relying on Issac We needed our chimney rebuilt. Issac estimated it and finally we received a starting date. After, working an hour he said the job was too big for him. (some damage to our metal pieces). We request that he would paint it after we find another handyman. Once done he came back and quoted over $100 an hour to paint the chimney. He kept push us out on his calendar. We dropped him. He had us paid for the hour that he worked on the Chimney before exiting. Very poor communication if we are scheduled? If he is starting on the day he last told us? Problem answering textsDiane K.
- Business Description:I am a one man shop that does everything from landscaping to general contracting. I work in construction M-F so all of my work is done in evenings and on weekends. I have done side work for many years. My communication is what sets me apart from my competition. I promise to always call you back and have never "disappeared" on a client. Hope to work with you soon
- Business Description:For over 89 years, Hilltop Tire Service has been serving the Des Moines, IA area. Now with 3 locations to serve you! Our original location is at the corner of East 29th Street and Hubbell Avenue on the east side of Des Moines. Our west location is just off of I-80 and 86th Street in Johnston, and our newest location is downtown at 201 East Walnut Street. We are a 4th generation, family owned and operated tire service and tire dealer offering a large variety of tire brands you know and trust...
- Business Description:been in business 30 years and we believe in good honest service from the front to the back.Recent Review:Great Price was per quote and reasonable Mower works wellMax C.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful lawn mower repair service articles
If your lawn mower will not start, it may have a clogged air filter or bad spark plug. A lawn mower repair pro walks through how to fix and avoid problems.
Reel lawn mowers make a comeback over power mowers thanks to their operating ease and affordability. Learn if a rotary mower is a smart choice for you.
Find lawn mower repair shops in
- Windsor Heights
- Des Moines
- Polk City
- West Des Moines
- Pleasant Hill
- Dallas Center
- Van Meter
lawn mower repair shops in Johnston
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- Clive Power Equipment7600 University Ave STE D
- Clive Power Equipment
- Elevate Construction Inc1000 S Fairfield Drive Ste. 80
- Elevate Construction Inc
- Focus Property & LawnCare Services5015 SW 9th St
Des Moines, Iowa
- Focus Property & LawnCare Services
- Hilltop Tire Service2914 Hubbell Ave
Des Moines, Iowa
- Hilltop Tire Service
- Jays Repair605 Cottage St
- Jays Repair
- Minka Enterprises LLC4140 100th ST #10
- Minka Enterprises LLC
- Northern Tool + Equipment4365 Merle Hay Rd
Des Moines, Iowa
- Northern Tool + Equipment
- RepairClinic.com Inc48600 Michigan Ave
- RepairClinic.com Inc
- THE MOWER SHOP REPAIR & SERVICE1135 Army Post Rd STE# 100
Des Moines, Iowa
- THE MOWER SHOP REPAIR & SERVICE