Proper lawn mower maintenance can keep it running longer. Whether it's sharpening blades or getting a professional mower tuneup, follow these maintenance tips.
Find top lawn mower repair services in Wilmington, DE
There are 3 top-rated lawn mower repair services in your area and 2 to avoid
After 20 years, it's now free to join.
- More than 10 Million Verified Reviews
- Nationwide Coverage
- Trusted Ratings
Recent Lawn Mower Repair Reviews in Wilmington
- Smalmighty GarageI needed an oil change on my mower and Matt came out quickly and got it done in a timely manor. Will do business again.
- Mower Tech at your DoorstepGreg is a master at his trade. He did a beautiful job on my tractor and snow blower. I highly recommend him for any small engine work.
- Daily Equipment RepairDaily came by with a flatbed truck to take the snow blower from my driveway and later returned it the same way. The pickup and delivery cost was reasonable. They had told me typical repair time was a week, but since there was a storm coming, they were able to repair and return the snow blower the next day. The snow blower runs great since the fuel system was cleaned out. They also replaced a blown gasket that was causing fuel to leak. I was impressed by their quick turn around time
- Gravely Hockessin IncGravely Hockessin did an excellent job fixing my Gravely zero turn mower. Another dealer tried but failed to fix an engine oil leak on 2 occasions. However, Gravely Hockessin quickly diagnosed the problem and fixed it in no time. They also fixed the front tires on my Gravely zero turn mower. The front tires had been mistakenly left in the shipping position by another dealer, from whom I had originally purchased the mower. Gravely Hockessin's workmanship and customer service are superb. They remind me of the old school approach where shops do great work and provide excellent customer service. I could not be more pleased with their service. Also, they fixed my Ariens snowblower's heated grips quickly and at a very fair cost. From now on Gravely Hockessin will get all of my Gravely and Ariens equipment business. The staff is very pleasant, courteous, and professional. Their mechanic (Jim) is one of the best mechanics in the business
- Faust RepairThe hydraulic pump blew a seal. Doug told me which parts I needed. I found them at a dealer, brought them over, and he fixed the mower in a couple days, adjusting all controls and making it like new. Not bad for a 12 year old machine! The charge was minimal considering the expertise required.
- Rick's Lawnmower RepairExcellent! Very polite and professional. Dropped off my mower and had a call back within 24 hours with root cause. The whole mower was serviced/tuned up and I had it back the next day. Power washed and looking new. This type of honest service is very hard to find these days. Highly recommended!
- BOWERSOX EQUIPMENT COI had a tune up done there a couple of months ago and no issue and in fact they have done service for me in the past with no issue. Suddenly my mower stopped working. Not suspect of anything that they did I thought perhaps maybe bad gas. Did change it out and still didn’t start so decided to take it back to get a quick look. For whatever reason it was working for them just fine so no issue. Told the girl at the office I would need help getting it in my car. I do loaded in my car from my home but I do like some help since it is awkward and I have to put it in my folder down backseat instead of my trunk. I’ve never had an issue doing that without having to tip it over or do any damage to my vehicle. I called to let them know I’d be heading over to get my mower on break and asked if I could have some help. I don’t know what happened to these people but they were the nastiest rudest most unprofessional people I’ve ever dealt with. Girl came out and asked if I needed help no eye contact with me no smile no nothing. Told her I said I’m the one who called earlier and said I was picking up my mower I just need a little help. Walked away said Michael be out. Mike came out. Miserable look on his face and huffing and puffing all the way out to me. Didn’t say a word didn’t look me in the eye nothing. Grab the mower up from the front and back and tried jamming it into my car but no caution whatsoever. Of course he chipped the car. I told him well well hold on a minute and he mumbled something at me and I said hold on a minute I get this in my car every time. This comment back to me was well it’s not supposed to go in the backseat of your car. Mind you it’s on a flat surface not an actual seat. Also said not supposed to be tipped on its side. I responded with I don’t have to tip it on the side to get it and I just take my time. I ended up getting Arms and they are trying to take over and eventually got it out from his hands or he turn around and have to walk away mumbling something at me. I went to the office and told the girl hey he was ramming the vehicle into my car and chipped up the side and she continued with her smart remarks as well. Mind you know I contact from her yet again. Not to mention that they have two young children running around they look at you haven’t bathed in a week it was absolutely atrocious. The little toddlers running around this repair shop with no shoes on. I don’t know what happened to these people to Make them be so rude and miserable but I will never ever ever ever go back agai
- Daily Equipment RepairThe Daily Equipment Staff was polite and efficient. Our mower was ready on time and a staff member was happy to help me load it.
- Robert E Little IncExcellent! Would recommend Mr. Little without reservation. It was great that he performs the service at your home. Very kind and professional.
- BOWERSOX EQUIPMENT COI was told it would be 3 days before they could look at it....6 days later it was never touched and was told by the owner he said 3 weeks, it gets better. I asked 4 my deposit back and then he said he worked on it, NOTHING WAS DONE. You will be lied to and disrespected by the arrogant owner . How this business is able to remain in business is a mystery. AVOID THIS PLACE AS U WOULD A SCHOOL OF GREAT WHITES ! Dont believe it......drop your equipment and your nightmare begins
Lawn Mower Repair Services in Wilmington
- Business Description:Additional address - Po Box 203, Hockessin, DE 19707.Recent Review:Gravely Hockessin did an excellent job fixing my Gravely zero turn mower. Another dealer tried but failed to fix an engine oil leak on 2 occasions. However, Gravely Hockessin quickly diagnosed the problem and fixed it in no time. They also fixed the front tires on my Gravely zero turn mower. The front tires had been mistakenly left in the shipping position by another dealer, from whom I had originally purchased the mower. Gravely Hockessin's workmanship and customer service are superb. They remind me of the old school approach where shops do great work and provide excellent customer service. I could not be more pleased with their service. Also, they fixed my Ariens snowblower's heated grips quickly and at a very fair cost. From now on Gravely Hockessin will get all of my Gravely and Ariens equipment business. The staff is very pleasant, courteous, and professional. Their mechanic (Jim) is one of the best mechanics in the businessSamuel W.
- Business Description:Sears Home Services is America’s #1 appliance services provider. Our thousands of experts based throughout the U.S. deliver guaranteed quality and workmanship. We work on most makes and models whether they were purchased at Sears or not. We take care of your house so you can enjoy your home. Only Sears offers 3 unique ways to save on appliance repairs! 1. Standard Repair Service + 90 Day Guarantee • Cost is provided after technician diagnoses the problem • 90 day guarantee on parts a..Recent Review:Was there within an hour explained it was frozen and what to do. Only charged for gas to get to my house.Susan B.
- Business Description:DBA: Little's John Deer. Owner operated. Robert E. Little Inc has been selling, servicing, and supplying John Deere products to our customers for over 65 years.Recent Review:After giving my older Sears garden tractor it's yearly maintenance by replacing air filter, fuel filter, oil change and filter, fuel filter, new gas and even replaced battery. Still had very hard starting or would not start. My initial visit - They gave it a look, did a few odds and ends, plus repaired the mower deck. Brought it home. First time I tried starting it...it wouldn't. Brought it back. Second visit - They couldn't find anything wrong. It started up for them without incident. Brought it home. A few days later, again, it either wouldn't start or when it did, starter didn't sound right. Third visit - They serviced the starter. Said it tested fine. Brought it home. Unbelievably, it wouldn't start AGAIN! Brought it back. Fourth visit - Told them I'd show them it wouldn't start. Went out, turned the key, and darn it if didn't start right up. Still had them look at it because there had to be something causing this (it wasn't user error). They never could determine the problem and said they could not duplicate the issue. I gave up. Local Pottstown location had to ship it to Zieglerville facility so each time it took several days to get it backGail F.
- Business Description:RepairClinic is a retailer and distributor of OEM appliance, HVAC system, and outdoor power equipment parts. RetailClinic does not offer repair services; the company offers free repair resources including more than 5,000 how-to videos to empower DIY-ers and technicians to fix appliances and equipment on their own. RepairClinic.com® makes fixing things easy for millions of people. Founded in 1999, it is North America’s trusted online store with replacement parts for major household applianc..Recent Review:I have tried every possible way to get someone to help me, but no one has ever returned any calls or emails. I am at a complete loss. but one thing I have learned - Angies list is an absolute farce.Julie A.
- Business Description:In an effort to provide our customers the luxury of being able to deal with a single company to care for all of their outdoor needs, we presently run 5 divisions. Working this way also helps to ensure that each division specializes in a specific aspect of landscaping, irrigation and lawn careRecent Review:We have been with PT for well over a year, might be two. Yes our lawn is better off than a year ago, but not by much. It should have been stupendous but starting in June the weeds kept on coming. Per verbal agreement, PT is supposed to call and schedule an appointment. Then, the day before call and give us some kind of window of what time they will be out. When the tech comes out they are supposed to call and tell us they’re on the way. Just telling us you’re coming out is not an appointment. They called yesterday and left a voicemail they would be out, but no timeframe referenced. The reason being we have a fenced back yard which needs to be unlocked and the dog put inside. In June they were out. We weren’t home but the dog sitter just happened to be home when they showed up. Today we took the dog for a walk early, and we weren’t home 2 minutes before they pulled up. No phone call. Had to move container plants and furniture out of the way and all kinds of simple but important chores have to be done before their arrival. Would be great to even have 15 minutes notice. There have been billing issues in the past which were resolved. (In my mind, extra charges shouldn’t just show up on the statement “by computer error” and if they do, the company should be calling you, not the other way around.) This spring I didn’t push back on extra billing when they turned on the lawn sprinkler system, even though the guy told me “it was all in a days work.” I guess my main beef is that the office doesn’t do what they say they will do, and to me, communication is the key. I want them in and out in the most efficient time possible, and with notice that can happen. Today I questioned the tech in regards to calling prior to being on the way. He heard nothing of the sort from the office, so of course he didn’t call ahead. (I’m sure we were the first yard of the day since he showed up soon after 8AM) I spoke to one of their techs maybe in April of this year, prior to doing the yard, when they showed up then. I advised him why his company was out to do this. (Fertilizing and weed control.) - because I don’t seem to be able to do it without burning up the lawn, etc. He assured me all which ways. Three days later I notice the front of our five camellia bushes are all burnt from overspray. The back of them are gorgeous. I didn’t call them on that one either but I do have photos, timestamped and all that. I’m not sure if Cherry Hill is too far out for them to do business, but we are pretty unsatisfied. They’re out of W. Deptford. Maybe this is a way to shrug off business they really don’t want? So, bad service, bad office communication and practices. There seems to be a lot of good competition in the market place to hang in there with mediocrity hoping they will change. We have given third and fourth chances and we’re doneJarrett T.
- Recent Review:In January 2020, I brought a display 48” white vein reindeer for ace fisher in Havertown . It was after Christmas sale, and cut out price. This year in November when I set it up I find that the reindeer light is not working. This’s bad that means they sale me something that’s not working and they knows iBaba A.
- Business Description:| Mulch | Mulch prep, weeding, edging and trimming | Grass Cut | Sharp lawn mowing, stick and debris pick up with curb edging | Tree & Bush Trimming | From tall to small, tree branches and over grown bushes | Fall & Winter Clean Up | Leaf season, storm debris to spring clean we do it all. |Saturdays & Sundays| Garage and junk removal
- Business Description:You probably know that if you are injured in a car, truck, or motorcycle accident or are a victim of some other type of negligence, you can sue. However, there’s more involved. For a West Chester personal injury attorney to win your case, you have to show that your injuries were caused by the negligence and that someone else is at fault and liable
- Business Description:Taurus landscaping.LLC is new to PA , but have 8 years experience in NJ! We are fully insured. Very reliable! Reasonable prices ! We know what we are doing! We will make your lawn smile!Recent Review:All dead trees were removed and replaced, beautiful green shrubbery and flowers have been planted and our grounds look wonderful. Everything from the cost, to the quality of the plantings, to the ongoing care, to the polite and pleasant personality of the owner of the business has been extremely satisfactory. We are happy to give our highest recommendation to Taurus Landscaping, LLCArlene S.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful lawn mower repair service articles
If your lawn mower will not start, it may have a clogged air filter or bad spark plug. A lawn mower repair pro walks through how to fix and avoid problems.
Reel lawn mowers make a comeback over power mowers thanks to their operating ease and affordability. Learn if a rotary mower is a smart choice for you.
Find lawn mower repair shops in
- New Castle
- Chadds Ford
- Penns Grove
- Carneys Point
- Kennett Square
- Marcus Hook
- Upper Chichester
- Garnet Valley
lawn mower repair shops in Wilmington
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- Baker Equipment Repair892 Port Penn Rd.
- BETTS EQUIPMENT3139 WINDY BUSH RD
New Hope, Pennsylvania
- Brandywine Home & Garden Creations LLC492 N. Mill Rd.
Kennett Square, Pennsylvania
- Burke Landscape Supply3813 W 9th Street
- Burke Landscape Supply3813 W 9th St
Marcus Hook, Pennsylvania
- Baker Equipment Repair
- custom sheet metal of delaware464 E Ayre St
- custom sheet metal of delaware
- FISHER'S ACE HARDWARE & RENTAL5030 STATE RD
DREXEL HILL, Pennsylvania
- FISHER'S ACE HARDWARE & RENTAL
- Gravely Hockessin Inc654 Yorklyn Rd
- Gravely Hockessin Inc
- Hunters Lawn ServicePO Box 5573
Deptford, New Jersey
- Hunters Lawn Service
- Izzys odd jobs14 peirson pl
New Castle, Delaware
- Izzys odd jobs
- Rc property LLC995 new Brooklyn rd
Williamstown, New Jersey
- Ready Repair1150 Thomas Busch Memorial Hwy.
Pennsauken, New Jersey
- RepairClinic.com Inc48600 Michigan Ave
- Repairs Unlimited1400 Baltimore Pike
- Riley Bros. Property Services2706 Barnsley Rd
- Robert E Little Inc3 Little Rd
- Rc property LLC
- WEST SIDE LAWN MOWER INC1122 N BROAD ST
- WEST SIDE LAWN MOWER INC
- YEARSLEY'S SERVICE LTD680 PONT READING RD
- YEARSLEY'S SERVICE LTD