A small septic tank system is ideal for spaces with minimal needs, such as a one-to-two-bedroom apartment or guest house. A small septic tank contains 750 or 1,000 gallons. We’ll cover everything that factors into your small septic system cost here.
Get matched with top septic system services in Tolland, CT
There are 7 highly-rated local septic tank services.
Matching on Angi
Recent Septic Tank Service Reviews in Tolland
- Valli Construction Company, Inc.My heroes! They identified the problem with my sewer after another company failed to do so. They fixed it promptly, professionally and charged reasonable prices. They patiently explained everything that needed to be done ahead of time and completed the job for LESS than the estimated price! Honest, friendly... simply the best
- Whitfield Sanitation ServicesThese guys are great. Returned an after hours emergency message in a flash and had a crew and a truck here first thing next AM. Problem solved . Good guys - quick service - impeccable clean up - can't do it any faster or any better than they did.
- R Cox Enterprisesyoung man was very impressive. he left the site as it was before doing the service. would not thought it possible. that young man deserves a raise or a bonus at Christmas time.
- SepticWorksOutstanding service. The tech took the time to answer my questions and educate me on the workings of the septic system so I will make good choices about products in the future. He came on time, cleaned up, leaving nothing on my property and filled in the holes he had to dig to expose the system. I will use this company every time and recommend them to my friends
- SepticWorksFor the septic inspection he went through the whole system iwith me, answered all my questions also down to earth. Great guy and fantastic service.! Give him a call, you have the start of a new relationship with me 🤗
- Russ's Septic ServiceThis family owned company is professional, very responsive, thorough and great to work with. We have been provided with their services for over 20 years and have recommended them to our family and friends. A great company!
- Suburban Sanitation Service, Inc.This is the second house that I have trusted Suburban Sanitation with the replacement of the septic system. I trust them (in particular Mark and his crew) because they are extremely knowledgeable regarding the design of the system, quality products to use, and working through the permitting process. Most importantly they communicate with the client and always do what they promise. Mark is in charge of all of this and does his job extremely well.This latest septic system was a tricky install in a wetland area in a town with a complicated permitting process (and in the middle of winter.) Hopefully no more septic systems for me, but if I did need one replaced I would hire Suburban Sanitation again
- Call Free FlowThe problem was diagnosed quickly and resolved. I highly recommend Free Flow for any / all of your septic system repairs. Dave was pleasant and professional and did a great job.
- Laco Site ServicesLarry was extremely professional in all aspects of the job. From the initial estimate, to thoroughly explaining all of our options, to the job itself, I would definitely recommend him to anyone looking for a new septic tank. I did call his references, and they consistently said the same thing. Larry worked well with the district inspection people; one of his references was even a town inspector who consistently said solid things about Larry
- AA-MSA, Inc Inspection & Environmental TestingFirst and foremost buying a home is overwhelming to say the least. Also, once you find the right one you want to make sure it's as amazing as it appears to be! My experience with Joe Raffone as our home inspector we were beyond pleased! He is easy to reach and accommodating for appointment times to coordinate with realtors which is a job all in itself! Once we met he put the fears of our home inspection at ease immedietly! He got right to work and starting evaluating and inspecting every square inch of the home. He will address any issues or concerns you may have and is very knowledgeable and professional. Once his work is done he will talk to you in great detail in what to expect on his report and issues that need to be addressed. He will even explain things several times until you understand completely and feel comfortable. The whole inspection is much more detailed and thorough than I would have expected. His report is very prompt and extremely detailed!! He is just a phone call away and will answer any questions you may have on his report. Overall, we could not have been more pleased with Joe Raffone as our home inspector. Buying a home is a large investment and you need that peace of mind that you are aware of what you are getting into. He helped us with several inspections until we found just the right home and he never let us down!!! We since have told family and friends that have used him and they too have had amazing experiences! Like I said his job performance in my opinion deserves an A+++++++
Last update on November 20, 2020
Septic Service Contractors in Tolland, CT
Related cost guides
Explore our Solution Center for helpful septic tank service articles
An septic tank expert gives Angie's List tips to keep yours operating smoothly.
Whether you’ve had a septic tank for years or it’s your first one, you need to know how to live with one. This guide covers septic tank maintenance for a long-lasting system.
Find septic tank services in
- Storrs Mansfield,
- Broad Brook,
- Stafford Springs,
- Mansfield Center,
- South Windsor,
- East Windsor,
- Windsor Locks,
- East Hartford
Septic Tank Contractors in Tolland, CT
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- 4 EVERGREEN LLC93 W HILL RD
Thomaston, Connecticut 06787
- 4 EVERGREEN LLC
- Bill Roy Septic150 Christian Street
OXFORD, Connecticut 06478
- Bill Roy Septic
- CA Esthus Property Services & Excavating LLC358 Bushy Hill Rd
Simsbury, Connecticut 06070
- Christopher Bryant CoPO Box 553
Simsbury, Connecticut 06070
- Clog Master Plumbing & CT Mechanical Solutions71 Church Ave
Bristol, Connecticut 06010
- CLS CONSTRUCTION CO1328 PALISADO AVE
Windsor, Connecticut 06095
- CONNECTICUT VALLEY SEPTIC SVC619 HALE ST
Suffield, Connecticut 06078
- CA Esthus Property Services & Excavating LLC
- Delta Van Lines Inc2221 Forsyth rd
Orlando, Florida 32807
- Delta Van Lines Inc
- Higganum Septic Tank Co244 Candlewood Hill Rd
Higganum, Connecticut 06441
- Higganum Septic Tank Co
- Violette Silvester And Sons Inc65 Cherry St
EAST HARTFORD, Connecticut 06108
- Violette Silvester And Sons Inc
Septic tank companies that service Tolland
Septic Tank Service FAQ
What are the signs your septic tank is full?
Answer: There are several signs that indicate your septic tank could be full. These include standing water over your septic tank, a strong odor coming from your yard, gurgling water, slow drains, or a sewage backup. While many of these signs could also be indicative of a clogged system, they should all be checked out by a professional ASAP to avoid costly damages. In the absence of any of these signs, it’s recommended that septic tanks be emptied every 3 to 5 years on average.
How often should a septic tank be serviced?
Answer: On average, septic tanks should be serviced every 3 to 5 years in the absence of any worrying signs that the tank is clogged or full. The size of your septic tank, the number of people living in your home, and your average water usage will all impact how often your septic tank needs to be serviced.
What are the most common causes of septic tank failure?
Answer: The most common cause of septic tank failure is improper maintenance. Failing to pump a septic tank on the appropriate schedule will cause septic tank failure and likely result in a costly septic tank repair or replacement. On average, septic tanks should be pumped every 3 to 5 years, but the size of your tank, the number of people in your home, and your average water usage may shorten or extend this timeframe.
How much does it cost to pump a septic tank?
Answer: The cost to pump a septic tank is $400 on average or about $0.30 per gallon. The size of your septic tank, as well as local labor costs, will impact the cost of pumping your septic tank. Most septic tanks are between 600 and 2,000 gallons in size, meaning the average cost range is between $180 to $600.
How much does it cost to install a septic system?
Answer: The cost to install a septic tank system is between $3,060 and $9,810, on average. The size of the septic tank you choose, the land you’re installing it on, the type of system you choose, and local labor costs will all influence the total cost of installing a septic system. Anaerobic septic tanks (those that don’t need oxygen) typically cost between $3,000 and $8,000. Aerobic systems, which utilize oxygen to activate bacteria and are popular on smaller properties, usually cost between $10,000 and $20,000.
How long does a septic system last?
Answer: When septic systems are well maintained, they can last up to 30 years or more. If a septic system isn’t properly maintained, such as when it isn’t pumped regularly, it may malfunction and require costly repairs or a premature replacement. In general, septic tank pumping is recommended every 3 to 5 years to ensure the septic system lasts as long as possible.