Refinishing a bathtub can save you a lot of money compared to installing a new one. But how much will it cost you to strip it down and cover it with a new glaze? This guide breaks down the costs and how much you could save by doing it yourself.
Get matched with top bathtub refinishers in Colchester, CT
There are 13 highly-rated local bathtub refinishers.
Recent Bathtub Refinishing Reviews in Colchester
- Mr. Resurface LLCBefore hiring Ernest, I requested an appointment to see how the finished product would look. I met Ernest at his showroom in Wolcott and I was pleased with how the finish product would look. Ernest answered all my questions. Prior to the job, he sent a list of what to do in order to prep the items for resurfacing. He estimated that the job would take two days to complete. He was able to complete the job in one day. In addition, he was on time, properly covered all appropriate areas before refinishing, and cleaned up when the job was done. I noticed a defect in the finishing a few days later. I called him and he came to repair the defect in a timely manner at no charge as per his warranty. I am very happy with the result, however, it took a day or two for the fumes to go away
- Mr. Resurface LLCTub had been painted black (and done poorly) and had lots of surface damage. Tub is now bright white and looks almost brand new. Was also able to do some repair work to the tile surround. Great work.
- Mr. Resurface LLCAs all the reviews i read say, you will not regret calling on Ernest. Very professional and breathes new life into the tub and tile. This is a great value in my opinion compared to other options which won't last long from all the research I did. ..should buy me another 15 years. Also I recommend for a little extra having Ernest pre caulk as it gives it a nice finished look. Great price too considering all the preparation work and major league equipment being used here. Should have done it years ago! See the before and after for yourself
- K Kovacs Construction LLCThey came and took pictures, measurements ect. on July 12 2021, after calls and texts, follow up- I got no response. Today, nearly a month later, after I questioned if this man actually worked for this company and tried to correspond with this company did I get a response that they were not interested... which I found peculiar since they spent so much time in my home. I would absolutely use caution if asking these folks into your home
- Ace Handyman Services OrangeI had a great experience with Handyman Matters. I knew they were a new company in our town but I had some work at my home which needed to get done which I could not fit into my schedule. I called them and, from the beginning, thought it was a very professional experience from the person who took my call and coordinated/scheduled my appointment to the talented, skilled and polite craftsman who came to my home and did the work with exceptional care and attention to detail. From beginning to end, I was very satisfied and am looking forward to using Handyman Matters again in the future. I will be recommending them to others
- Heritage Kitchen & Bath Center IncFantastic, the guys were very clean, knowledgeable and articulate. I can really tell they take pride in their work. Any small problems that arose (which always do) they quickly and easily adjusted to make my project move forward at a fast pace. They constantly kept me in the loop as to what was going on, and recommended minor changes to accommodate the finished look that I was after. The owner George Jay went above and beyond to meet my expectations, I have nothing but good things to say about them , BRAV
- Heritage Kitchen & Bath Center IncTheir quote came in high, so we didn't go with them. They were very professional. The guy was very friendly. It was just more than we were willing to spend. We wanted to spend more like $15000 to $20000. We didn't need something that high-end.
- Heritage Kitchen & Bath Center IncGeorge the owner is a very busy guy, but there's a staff of great full-time people. In fact, they only sub out electrical work. I worked with their designer to pick out all the parts & pieces and colors before I even got with George to do the contract. They are the opposite of the ''hard sell''. They use top quality. They even talked me out of the high priced toilet I'd wanted because they felt the quality wasn't up to par (they'd had call backs for repairs on ones they'd installed). The job would have taken under 2 weeks, but I was going on a month long business trip and just left them a key and returned to find everything completed, cleaned up and looking and working perfectly. The workers called me a few times to ask me details that hadn't been covered in the contract (placement of things) instead of just doing what they wanted to do, which was really nice. I hope to someday have my kitchen renovated when I have the money. They're not cheap or cut-rate, but top quality is worth it
- Mr. Resurface LLCWhat a great experience! My current shower/tub is tan and i wanted it to be white. I was originally going to replace the fiberglass shower/tub unit to achieve this but based on the high cost to do this and the invasiveness of cutting out the old unit, installing a new one, plumbing, etc i decided to just refresh my existing unit (which was in good shape; i was only going to replace it to change the color) . I texted Ernest the photos and he got back to me with a quote - about 1/3 less than replacing the unit! I setup a date to do it; all very easy with Ernest. He arrived on time, put down clothes and taped up the bathroom. He was very courteous and very professional; i asked him a lot of questions and my impression is very positive; he knows his craft very well and takes pride in his work. The job took a few hours and when done he meticulously cleaned up and gathered all his equipment. The shower/tub looks fantastic and I am really glad i chose to resurface it versus taking it out and putting a new one in, especially when all i wanted to do was freshen it up and change the color. I would definitely hire Ernest again
- Mr. Resurface LLCI feel very lucky to have discovered Ernest. What a great service! His quote was accurate; he was very professional in sending the preparation details ahead of time; he arrived on time despite a long drive; he was able to repair the cracks in the tub so you wouldn't even know they were ever there; the job came out great. I would definitely recommend him to family and friends. I wouldn't hesitate to hire him again. (P.S. It is helpful to schedule the job when outside doors and windows can be opened.
Bathtub Refinishers in Colchester
- Business Description:Text me pictures of your job to 203-578-5260 and let me know where in the Connecticut the job is located to get a price for your project. I personally do every job myself, I don't send out a less experienced technician or try to bait you with an incredibly low price just to get your job or take any shortcuts to reduce the price. I'd rather do the job right the first time as my reviews on Angie's List speak for themselves. I take pride in my work and and value my customers and give them the be..Recent Review:Very professional job. The tub looks 100% better than it did prior to the reglazing,Elieen W.
- Business Description:All Squared Construction has the quality,experience and dedication to bring your dreams to reality! We guarantee your satifaction.We working hard for you.Call or click to schedule an estimate today!Recent Review:Great! Work was completed in a timely manner, finished product exceeded expectations and in the end he stuck to the agreed upon quote.Kevin S.
- Business Description:BA Builders, LLC does new construction and remodeling for residential and commercial properties. Whether doing the work himself or using subcontractors, owner, Basim Abadir, oversees every step of the project. From start to finish BA Builders prides itself with strong attention to detail, giving clients the best quality and value possibleRecent Review:We have hired Basim three times over the past four years to perform the jobs listed below. He is always timely and reasonable with his quotes, extremely well organized, versatile, responsive, and does excellent work. All of the work listed here was completed on time and on budget. We intend to hire him again for other projects and highly recommend him. 1) bathroom renovations (2018): two bathrooms; demo and install new tile/shower/vanity 2) kitchen (2017): install backsplash, install microwave, extend range vent through roof (was venting into attic), paint walls and ceiling 3) deck (2017): demo old deck and build 16' x 20' ground-level deck with wraparound step 4) water damage repair (2015): ice dams caused interior water leakage; exterior: replaced shingles, sealed around vent pipe and chimney, replaced rotted siding; interior: replaced drywall/ceiling in two bathrooms, painteMary S.
- Business Description:Additional Phone Numbers -(800)639-8822, (203) 265-1404, (203) 334-2213, (860) 247-8978, (203)498-8827, (203) 790-8827, (203) 754-8827.Recent Review:Tub was 67 years old and in poor condition. Joe spent a lot of time prepping the tub. looks great.Peter O.
- Business Description:Porcelain Patch & Glaze has been family owned and operated for over 40 years. All work is done by the owner of the company. We do not subcontract work. We are fully insured and licensed (HIC.0562662). We provide free estimates and work is guaranteed. Mention Angie's list and receive a 10% discountRecent Review:They came while I was away for a month and I came home to a bright white tub and a clean bathroom. I recommend them without reservation.James B.
- Business Description:CGS REFINISHING LLC TUB AND TILE REGLAZING OFFERS QUALITY WORK AT AFFORDABLE PRICES IN ALL CT...DONT HESITATE AND CALL US.....SMALL BUSINESS! GREAT PRICES! CHECK US OUT CGSREFINISHINGTUB.COMRecent Review:Carlos was on time as promised. Estimated 4-5 hours for the work. Completed in little more than 4 hours. The tub looks great and is usable 24 hours after completion. Punctual polite and excellent work. Recommend highlyJim T.
- Business Description:Basement, kitchen, bathroom remodeling and more...Recent Review:No 2-hr. presentation to sit through. No sales-speak. Just a small contracting company bent on doing quality work for an affordable price! Start your search by calling Karol Kurkowski of KBK Construction and save yourself a lot of time. 9 times out of 10, he'll answer the phone! Who does that these days? Karol and/or Zibi were on site every day usually starting at 8:30am. Being an old house, nothing was square. It was necessary to pour a self-leveling concrete floor, which took a few days to dry. Even so, they completed the whole job, surprises and all, in under 2 weeks. Many people like tile. I'm not one of them. I wanted a MAAX 80" acrylic tub wall kit, from tub to ceiling. Who knew that it would be so difficult to find a contractor to install it? I'm so grateful that Karol agreed to and did a fine job. Besides doing quality work for a reasonable price, they were a pleasure to work with - always polite and conscientious, and cleaning up at the end of each dayTerry R.
- Business Description:Spaces LLC is the market leader in providing residential, commercial, and industrial services throughout Connecticut. We offer experienced remodeling, remediation, restoration, and more for your home, office, or industrial space. We stop at nothing to deliver unrivaled maintenance and repair services to our clientsRecent Review:We needed a small bathroom updated with minor plumbing moved. Spaces LLC was literally 1/2 the cost of two other companies we quoted. They were very responsive and had little in person contact (a good thing these days). They hauled away items from my separate DIY project. They were punctual and didn't leave until the job for that day was done. They found & fixed some utility code errors made by original house builders. We'd absolutely hire them again in a heartbeatChris M.
- Business Description:At Carson Richard Kitchen and Bath Design, our goal is to help you design your project and to visualize it before its completion. To make the process easy and stress-free for you, we are a full-service total home renovation company with access to many resources with a wide range of experience. We can help you with all phases of new home construction or remodeling in every area. We have access to all the products to suit your needs along with designers to help you with your color and design ch..Recent Review:The work was done meticulously and With attention to details. They met my expectations with my design, and even went beyond the call of duty. Bravo, and thank you!Sima B.
- Business Description:The Baybrook Remodelers Inc. philosophy is simple:Offer only quality products with outstanding workmanship. We provide remodeling services throughout the state of Connecticut and our goal is always to make you satisfied so you will consider us for all of your home improvement needs. Our accomplishments speak for themselves. Throughout your neighborhood we have designed and built additions, dormers, kitchens, bathrooms and decks. We have beautified your neighbors’ homes with the finest vinyl s..Recent Review:We engaged Baybrook to do a complate remodel for my mother's new residence a senior living facility. I cannot say enough positive things about Baybrook - beginning with Adam Wallace who was the lead, and including all of his colleagues performing the work. While, the quality and workmanship was of the highest level, they were incredibly responsive at every stage of the project. Superb professionals, nice people and I would highly recommendDavid B.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful bathtub refinisher articles
If your bathtub has become uncomfortable due to cracks or unsightly stains, you don’t have to replace it or pay for an expensive relining. Instead, you can resurface your bathtub using a DIY epoxy kit, a relatively easy process.
If you want to update your bathroom on a budget, changing up your tub could make a big difference. Which option is better for your bathroom: a refinish or a new liner? Keep reading to determine who wins in the battle of bath fitter vs. rebath.
Find bathtub refinishers in
- East Haddam
- North Franklin
- East Lyme
- East Hampton
- South Windham
- Quaker Hill
- Old Lyme
bathtub refinishers in Colchester
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- A Great Alternative appliance refinishing503 Powder Hill Rd
- Advanced Coatings & Restorations16 Meadow Dr
- All Surface Restoration550 New Haven Ave
- American Construction & Maintenance LLC.45 Putter Ln
- American Tub Resurfacing LLC25 Brookridge Dr
- American Tubs17940 Ajax Cir
City Of Industry, California
- Arthur Dionne Remodeling Contractor, LLC838 Hillstown Rd
- A Great Alternative appliance refinishing
- BA Builders LLC114 Richard St
- BATH FITTER - BFU2042 BOSTON POST RD
Old Saybrook, Connecticut
- Baybrook Remodelers Inc824 Boston Post Rd
West Haven, Connecticut
- BAYSIDE BATH REFINISHING28 QUARRY RD
- Better Home Improvements126 Boston Post Road
- Budget Dry Waterproofing Inc158 Route 81
- BA Builders LLC
- CareFree Home Pros136 Simsbury Rd. Bldg 16
- Carson Richard Kitchen And Bath Designs1275 Cromwell Ave Suite B13
Rocky Hill, Connecticut
- CGS REFINISHING LLCPO Box 1992
New Britain, Connecticut
- Charles Abatement, LLC91 Shelton Avenue
New Haven, Connecticut
- Creative Communities Builders61 S Main St. Ste 300
West Hartford, Connecticut
- Cronus Construction321 Ellis St Ste 1
New Britain, Connecticut
- CareFree Home Pros
- FixtUre plumbing & heating507 prospect street
- FixtUre plumbing & heating
- Independent Home - Connecticut53 Miller Road
- Independent Home - Connecticut
- Polybuilders LLC131 Westchester
- Porcelain GlazePO Box 608
- PORCELAIN PATCH & GLAZE CO.175 Hamilton Street
- ProBuilt,Building&Remodeling,LLC.PoBox 5006
- Professional Quality Home Improvements LLC9 Windham Ave
- PSM Remodeling244 Handel Road
EAST HARTFORD, Connecticut
- Polybuilders LLC
- SC RUCKER CONSTRUCTION94 WILLIAM ST
West Haven, Connecticut
- Scribners Kitchen & Bath Design44 CT-32
Quaker Hill, Connecticut
- Skyline Contractor73 Washington St
- Spaces LLC9 Garvan St.
EAST HARTFORD, Connecticut
- Stone work construction
Mastic, New York
- SUPERIOR GLAZING24 GERTRUDE LN
West Haven, Connecticut
- SC RUCKER CONSTRUCTION
- The BullBagPO Box 978
North Branford, Connecticut
- The Multi-Service Office, LLC205 N. Elm Street
- Tile America - Manchester1165 Tolland Turnpike
- Tile America - New Haven105 Hamilton Street
New Haven, Connecticut
- Tile America - New London531 Broad Street
New London, Connecticut
- Tile America - Torrington261 Oak Ave
- TimberWolf Contracting LLC.111 Bloomingdale Rd
Quaker Hill, Connecticut
- Total Mechanical Systems LLC140 New Britain Ave
- Trademark EnterprisePo box 153
- The BullBag
- United Wallcovering Specialties441 Tollgate Rd
South Glastonbury, Connecticut
- United Wallcovering Specialties
- Vista Home Improvement2003 Riverdale Street
WEST SPRINGFIELD, Massachusetts
- Vista Home Improvement
- Yankee Home Improvement Inc82 Industrial Dr
- Yankee Home Improvement Inc