Tips for hiring a great moving service
Moving to a new home is about a lot more than getting from one place to another; you want to arrive there with peace of mind and knowing that your possessions are safe. You may want to arrive and have your furniture already placed. Perhaps you’re entrenched in your career journey and need movers to unpack for you too.
A great mover in Signal Hill can handle your requirements, but you have to do a bit of work first to ensure you hire the best moving service for you. Make time to obtain answers to important questions before establishing a moving date.
- Does the mover deal with longer moving? Some movers just take on jobs within a particular town or city while many offer longer-distance moving services that can take you across the country. Choose a mover with experience in the kind of moving job you have in mind.
- Which other service offerings does the moving service provide? Many movers just load your belongings into a truck, drive them to a new location, and unload them there. But you can find movers that offer a full range of other service offerings, such as packing boxes, disassembling furniture, unpacking your belongings, setting up furniture, and temporary storage.
- What does the moving service charge for its services? Moving costs are often difficult to determine, so take some time to decipher the fee schedules for companies you’re thinking about using. Some charge by the hour, some assess their fees by the volume or weight of the furniture and other items they move, while some ask a flat fee. Look for added expenses such as mileage charges or per-box fees that might raise overall expenses.
- How will your possessions be hauled? Which sort of trucks or other containers does the moving service use? You can also want to find out how the mover secures your belongings and if it also provides some type of padding or blankets.
- Is the moving service properly insured? Do not work with a moving company that doesn’t carry insurance for its moving team, equipment, vans, and trucks, and your items while in their care.
Find movers in Signal Hill, and begin your next adventure
Moving into a new apartment or home is synonymous with plenty of excitement and anticipation. You may be beginning the next chapter of your story or a new employment opportunity in a new location. Perhaps you’re moving into a more spacious home to accommodate your growing family. No matter the cause of relocation, if you’re physically moving all your things along with your loved ones, there’s a lot of elbow grease involved.
Choosing a great moving service in Signal Hill lets you count on veteran pros for the physical labor so you can see to other details of your move and perhaps have time to relish your new adventure. Launch your search for a good moving service on Angi.
Coming up with a short list of possible movers so you can begin asking for quotes from pros is as easy as:
- Adding a ZIP code so we know where to start.
- Answering a few questions concerning the potential move to help us sift through the results to discover moving services that can get the job done.
- Reviewing a curated listing of movers and feedback and reviews on Angi.
Using that information, you can choose a handful of potential options and start making contact with them to get quotes.