Pagan Construction

Founded 1984 • With Angi since September 2010

3.7

1595 E Francisco Blvd Ste F

San Rafael, CA 94901

Serving the San Francisco Bay Area and beyond since 1976. Offering handyman services to remodels, we're here to facilitate the needs of your home or business....

09/13/2017

Susan W.

We had Pagan Construction come out to remove the bathtub upstairs, put in a shower and remodel. We also had them fix the ceiling in the downstairs bathroom to remove all of the damaged ceiling. When they finished the job, light switches in the upstairs bathroom were backwards. The on switch was the off switch and vice versa. Additionally, grout in the shower cracked and in some places it was nonexistent. The closet doors that they installed were supposedly custom made, but were extremely flimsy. And they were cut incorrectly. The manager/owner, Brad was pompous and extremely aloof. We had the company come out and fix portions of the shower, but we were so done with them that we moved on. We are currently remodeling our home and parts of the downstairs bathroom. My current contractor removed the downstairs ceiling and brought to my attention that the prior work done on the ceiling had been covered up with sheet rock and the molding and damaged original sheet rock was left in place. I was able to overlook the poorly assembled and ill fitting closet doors, the grout in the shower and the backwards light switches, however I cannot overlook The decision by the workers of Pagan construction to leave sheet rock that I clearly instructed to be removed ...to be cover up mold with another piece of sheet rock. This involves my family's health and well-being.

Description of Work
We bought our home in San Rafael in 2011 and the owner told us that a bathtub upstairs was leaking which was evident in the bathroom directly below it. The ceiling in the downstairs bathroom was sagging and had water damage. We also needed to have closet doors installed in all of the 4 rooms in our home.

Category drywall,electrician,plumbing,home remodeling,doors

05/28/2014

Linda J.

The company installed the wrong drain hose. When the tenant noticed the dishwasher was not working correctly, we asked Pagan to go back and fix it. Someone went out but didn't really check it, they were there for 5 min then left. We sent an appliance specialist who confirmed, and even spoke to the owner over the phone about all of his findings that were wrong, he just argued and refused to cooperate.

Description of Work
Installed a dishwasher.

Category remodeling

Dear [Member name removed], If the information is accurate regarding the service we provided to you in 2011 then we are 100% accountable for the mistake. And we offer our sincere apology to you. I do not know to whom serviced your home or to whom your may have spoken too. But we do offer a (1) warranty on all service work. We will continue to work on all customers comments good and bad in order to learn from our mistakes and to make correction as needed to help train our service people and supervisors. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. If you had to hire another installer to correct the work we did on your home. Please send us your receipt and we will re-pay the cost to correct. Sincerely yours, Pagan Construction, LLC

01/22/2013

Cheryl B.

I was going to have them do some work for me and then I had something else happen. They did the estimate all over the phone. Well, I wished they had come out and actually looked at it.

Description of Work
They did an estimate for repair, just installing. Refabricated.

Category handyman service

10/21/2012

Cynthia P.

When I bought my home in nid-March, I was aware there were problems with the wiring that had to be redone. A friend had recommended Pagan Construction, so they came out and did an estimate. We also discussed the popcorn ceilings, which were crumbling, so I opted to have those removed, too. All the work was performed under definite time constraints, since I wanted to paint the interior rooms before moving in at the end of April. After the big move, I had Pagan come out again to paint the exterior of the house. That work was done quickly and neatly. Because the covering of a trellis in the back yard was deteriorating, I opted to have the cover replaced. That is the only area where there was any problem. An apprentice working on the job made some material selections that did not work properly. Fortunately, the owner was quick to correct the problem using proper materials at no additional cost. The work was also done without disturbing a nearby birds nest under the house eves. Extra points for respecting the wildlife!

Description of Work
In March, I had the popcorn ceilings removed, and the entire house rewired up to code. Then in May, I had the exteriour painted (three colors), and in June a trellis covering was replaced.

Category drywall,electrician,handyman service,pressure washing,house painters

01/25/2012

Lane Y.

We recently had a major master suite remodel done by Pagan Construction of San Rafael. The project turned out beautifully, even better than we had envisioned it. From the design phase through the final punch list, everything ran very smoothly. We started out with a very small bathroom and two small bedrooms with the usual sliding door closets, and ended up with a gorgeous tiled master bath with steam shower and toilet room, two linen closets, a walk-in closet and an office. The master bedroom is a bit small but the one of the owners, Ed Pagan, had the brilliant idea to add coffered ceilings to both the bedroom and the bath. This makes the bedroom appear much larger than it actually is, and loosing a bit of space was worth it to get the walk-in closet. When the master suite was done, we were so pleased with their work that we had them remove the asbestos ceiling from the living room and halls and install ceiling lighting and crown molding. The crew was very skilled at all phases of construction. At least two men and sometimes as many as 6, were on site early every morning and always cleaned up the job site prior to leaving for the day. Brad Sockolov (another one of the owners), Ed Pagan and Jon Schneider, the construction supervisor, all kept a close eye on the progress and resolved any issues that arose promptly. I highly recommend this company for any construction project.

Description of Work
Master suite remodel which involved tearing down 3 rooms to studs, relocating widows and restructuring an outside deck. All aspects of construction were needed to complete this project, including design, electrical, plumbing, sheetrock, painting, tiling, granite countertops, etc.

Category decks,electrician,plumbing,remodeling,home remodeling

10/14/2011

Ronald F.

It was a big project that went on for a year and a half. There were two guys who were out this week as well. I liked working with them. They are quite creative. If you have a remodel job, they work very well with you to help you achieve your wishes. I was very pleased with them.

Description of Work
I used the services of Pagan Construction about a couple of months ago. They did a very large remodel job and it covered almost everything.

Category remodeling

09/30/2010

Ronald F.

I am very happy with them. It has been going very well. They have creative people that work with you on developing solutions. They are very interactive. Their price is very good and their quality is very good.

Description of Work
Pagan Construction people have been remodeling the whole house including kitchen, four bathrooms and deck for a year now.

Category custom cabinets,countertops,decks,electrician,plumbing,remodeling,home remodeling

Elite Paving Company

In Business Since 2010 Specialize in asphalt installation,repair&sealcoating Elite Paving Company is committed to excellence in every aspect of our business. We uphold a standard of integrity bound by fairness, honesty, and personal responsibility. Our distinction is the quality of service we bring to our customers. Accurate knowledge of our trade combined with ability is what makes us true professionals. Above all, we are watchful of our customers' interests, and make their concerns the basis of our business. How We Got Started I chose to work in this industry because My family been in the business for over 65 years . We describe our business as Family owned and operated

Santiago General Engineering

Santiago General Engineering is a family owned and operated company with over 15 years' experience in the industry. We are passionate about our business and our goal is to build long term relationships with our clients. Grading, paving, excavating and underground utilities are our areas of expertise. We are here to help with any of your site-work needs. SGE is Licensed, Insured, and bonded. Call if you have any questions or if you would like to get us scheduled for a free estimate.

RF Sealcoating and Striping

C32 Licensed Contractor. Parking lot and highway improvement specialist in aspects asphalt related. We provide protective coatings on any game court, parking lot, airport, and any highway or roadway constructed of asphalt or concrete. We provide a 2 year warranty on any seal coat bonding applications. Our business is family owned and operated in Sonoma County with 3 generations of asphalt knowledge. We offer competitive pricing with free estimates and most importantly, we listen to the customer.

American Express, Check, Discover, MasterCard, Visa, PayPal