Perkins and Sons Handyman

Founded 2000 • With Angi since July 2011

We are a small, family-owned business and have been in business for 20 years. We offer professional work, reasonable rates, and on-time appointments. Our family does all the work; we never contract out your projects to someone else. If your list of repairs is growing but your time is short, call

Women Owned & OperatedWomen Owned & Operated

handyman (62)plumbers (9)electrician (9)drywall (6)interior painting (4)home remodeling (3)fence company (2)mailbox repair (1)lawn & landscaping (5)window replacement (3)lawn care (3)house painting (1)

10/01/2020

Jasna P.

Original; date for service cancelled same day, and new date rescheduled. Worker illness

Description of Work
Electric bulb socket removed and blind removed and new blind installed.

Work Completed On 09/25/2020

Thank you for your understanding. I apologize for the reschedule. I hope the discount we gave you expressed our regret.

09/30/2020

Thomas H.

Replaced the broken mailbox with a new stand, base, and mailbox (included in price)

Description of Work
Replaced broken mailbox

Category mailbox repair

Work Completed On 09/24/2020

Thank you for taking the time to review our work. I'm sorry you were unhappy with our price. Was there something that was unclear or not as quoted?

08/13/2020

Major K.

Roger and Wayne are the very best. Professional and mindful of COVID -19 protocols best describes these two. They replaced my kitchen faucet and washer drip pan. The arrived on time with appropriate COVID protection. I needed a drip pan for the washer and they purchased for me and installed. They replaced the kitchen faucet and made sure that it worked. If you need home repairs or other services, Perkins and Sons is a good place to go. Professional service fees are more than reasonable. Highly recommended.

Description of Work
Kitchen faucet needed replacing and drip pan for washer

Category ceramic tile, electrician, handyman service, plumbing, home remodeling

Work Completed On 08/05/2020

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your kind words. It is always a pleasure to work for you.

07/21/2020

Rosemary M.

Great! Very reliable and professional.

Description of Work
Handyman Services

Work Completed On 07/21/2020

Thank you for your kind words. I am happy we found a solution that worked for you.

05/28/2020

Victoria T.

They never called or texted back 🤷🏻♀️

Description of Work
Small repairs

Work Completed On 05/27/2020

We did the work last week for you. Perhaps you have us mixed up with someone else.

06/02/2019

Trish R.

It was really simple work and Roger was a great handyman. I'm a little dissappointed for being charged for 2 hour when it actually took 55 minutes. Maybe it's a 2 hour minimum. I was charged $165, $70 an hour ($140) but he still charged $165.

Description of Work
Put up outside light on garage, move some wood and replace 2 light bulbs on patio. Also fix screen on sliding glass door.

Work Completed On 06/01/2019

Thank you for your kind words about Roger. I'm sorry you misunderstood our phone conversation. As I explained, we have a basic service charge of $165. That allows up to 2 hours of labor. Additional labor is $70/ hour. Thank you for your review.

02/23/2019

Major K.

This was the second time I use this company for work. Roger did an excellent job hanging my planes. He has a very pleasing and caring personality, and is committed to excellence. All was done to my complete satisfaction. I highly recommend this company for general house hold work. A good handyman, that is fair with pricing, is very hard to find. Now that I found one, I will use for all the little jobs around the house that I am unable to. Thanks Roger for a very pleasant experience.

Description of Work
Hung Planes in the ceiling

Work Completed On 02/22/2019

Thank you for sharing your love of planes with me. I have found a new hobby. Roger

02/08/2019

Major K.

I have many planes that were all over the place and wanted to hang them from the ceiling. I contacted Perkins via Angles list and got a prompt response from Kathy Perkins. She set up an appointment that met my needs. Her communication was professional and courteous. Roger came out, on time, and did a fantastic job. Not only did he hand the shelves, he actually test fitted each to make sure the planes fit, and then hung them for me. This is what i call service, In fact, I will hire them again to do more work. i am extremely please with their service and highly recommend this company.

Description of Work
Hanging shelves (ceiling)

Work Completed On 02/08/2019

Thank you for your kind words. It was a pleasure working with you. Roger enjoyed learning about your impressive planes and appreciates the time you spent explaining how they work.

10/01/2018

Barbara F.

They did a good job and I would use them again. They were very knowledgeable and professional. I would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
They came out and did a bunch of odd jobs.

Work Completed On 09/10/2018

Thank you for your kind words. It is always a pleasure working for you.

09/25/2018

Debbie K.

It went very well and very a satisfied customer.

Description of Work
Leak under kitchen sink.

Category handyman service, plumbing

Work Completed On 09/25/2018

Thank you so much for your kind words. I'm glad we were able to help.

08/23/2018

Kristin C.

Great- Wayne fixed our problem area and cleaned up some mold. He was professional and fast. Only problem we had was he took measurements to have another job done and he told me Kathy would call with a quote but she never did.

Description of Work
Drywall replaced due to water damage

Category drywall, handyman service

Work Completed On 06/15/2018

07/26/2018

Thomas W.

the work was done very professionally and in a reasonable time

Description of Work
remove an existing water heater and install a new one

Category plumbing

Thank you for your kind words.

07/25/2018

Rebecca K.

All the work was performed with a "can-do" attitude and with competence.

Description of Work
I've used them twice for electrical, repairs, sprinkler changes, moving large appliances.

Category electrician, handyman service, landscaping

Work Completed On 06/27/2018

[Member Name Removed], thank you for your kind words. It was a pleasure working for you.

05/29/2018

ANGELA L.

they did a great job. completed their portion of the work timely so that the block wall installer could begin and finish on time. they were resourceful in putting up a temporary fence so my dogs would stay in the yard while the debris removal and new wall was being built. work provided came in under quoted budget.

Description of Work
the removal of bushes, stumps and old fencing

Category fencing, handyman service, landscaping, lawn service

Work Completed On 05/07/2018

Review for Perkins and Sons Handyman - 826 Genaro Drive, Perris, CA - 37107508

[Member Name Removed], thank you for your continued support. It is always a pleasure working with you.

11/17/2017

Michael C.

I got tired of waiting and called another plumbing service who responded immediately and was able to dispatch a plumber who arrived just 3 hours after contact. I can understand if you are booked solid, but to say someone will call to discuss making an appointment and then never respond is completely unprofessional. I wasted over 5 hours waiting on a call that never came. The person answering the phone should have access to an appointment planner so that they can book - not have to wait for his mama to come in to do it.

Description of Work
Called around 10 am. I have used this service before and the man answering the phone recognized that. He said they were pretty booked for the next 2 weeks but that someone would call by 1230 or so to discuss appointment. No one ever called. At about 3pm I called back and the same young man asked, Kathy didn't call you? Give me a couple minutes to go talk to her. No one ever called back. Period. I needed my toilet fixed and for the water to stop running in it and being wasted. They advised it would take an hour or less and that since there is a 2 hr minimum to have something else to do. I have a bad electrical outlet that they could have fixed as well.

Work Completed On 11/09/2017

I apologize for the lack of response. We were very busy and got behind on my calls. If you are willing to give us another chance, we would waive the trip charge for you. Again, I am sorry. That is not the way we like to do business. I dropped the ball. Kathy

10/26/2017

KHADIJAH B.

Prompt, professional and reasonably priced!

Description of Work
Hang drapes and blinds

Work Completed On 10/26/2017

09/27/2017

Tye K.

Really appreciate the work as well as the professionalism.

Description of Work
Sliding drawer for kitchen garbage container

Work Completed On 09/27/2017

08/24/2017

Carol M.

GREAT. Roger and Paul arrived on time, did what needed to be done in the time allotted. Will be calling them again soon.

Description of Work
Install toilet and garbage disposal.

Work Completed On 08/24/2017

07/27/2017

William S.

Along the way, the owners wife was just telling me nonsense about larger porcelain tiles being illegal to put in bathrooms. That they had to do such and such to make them legal. There were other things she said that made no sense. I have sold over 700 homes, so I know non-sense and people who will come in and create/find problem after problem that really isn't a problem. The first rule of bidding jobs is you never pay by the hour because people can go incredibly slow if they want to make more money. They charged $68 for each person (handyman), not an electrician, not HVAC, etc. $68 for per handyman is insane, but I figured I'd try to work something out. Who knows maybe they work 3 times faster than your average handyman? So, I asked for a fixed bid on the projects, which they said they would do. In the end they wouldn't give a fixed bid because there were "to many variables and they don't know what they will find". That is just silly. There are no variables one can't see to bid drywall. They even worried about the concrete slab being flat enough (We had self leveled it so that seemed a little out there.) They worried that the concrete board might not be screwed down correctly, even though I told them I have sold over 700 homes and that I oversaw the installation. Also, anyone who understands tiling a bathroom can see the concrete board was screwed down correctly. My experience tells me that they wouldn't give a fixed bid because it would be shockingly high and they knew I knew what things cost. For an average homeowner you need to stay clear. Three people at $68/hr x 3 people can add up vary fast and take a very long time, because what handyman doesn't want to make $68 an hour for as long as they can get away with it. Also, those variables they are worried about will definitely come up and cost you more. Also, with this kind of payment when they hit something that is too complicated they can just walk away because you have already paid then daily.

Description of Work
I had several projects that the owners wife and son came to bid on. Drywall, Tile work, and a whole lot more.

Work Completed On 07/18/2017

I'm sorry you felt that way. To be clear, you asked us to give you a fixed price to finish work someone else had started but not completed. Much of that work had been done incorrectly. Therefore, we could only assume that that there may be mistakes in other places. It is very difficult to finish what someone else has started, and even more difficult to figure out how long it will take. We often end up having to redo the work. I didn't want to give you a high bid that would cover those contingencies. I felt it was not fair to you. That is why I opted not to bid on your project. I was surprised that you got angry at me for choosing not to do the work. I wasn't trying to rip you off or pad a bill. I was trying to politely decline. You asked why and I tried to explain. Your comments are untrue and unfair. I am disappointed that simply decline in the job led to such negative comments.

07/27/2017

Dee K.

Came and looked at job to give bid, never heard from them again. No bid, no phone call just no communication. Very unprofessional.

Description of Work
Window installation

Category handyman service, replacement windows

Work Completed On 07/27/2017

Debbie, I just saw your post. I'm sorry I didn't see it earlier. About 4 days after I saw you an ail was sent with our bid. When I didn't hear back, I assumed you had gone with someone else. I should not have assumed and I'm very sorry. If you are still interested, I would be happy to resend the information. Please accept my apologies for not calling to verify that you had received the quote. Kathy Perkins (951) 395-1964

07/17/2017

Michael M.

Perkins and Sons responded and showed up on time, id'd the problem and a potential problem with a tree root and the main water line and fixed it immediately.

Description of Work
Needed sprinkler system repaired.

Work Completed On 06/19/2017

07/12/2017

Elizabeth B.

I am very pleased with the work Wayne did. I couldn't afford to have all the work needed done at once so we are scheduling as I have money to pay for. When we scheduled the appointment we didn't know that it was going to be over 105 degrees that day. Wayne still showed up on time and did what he had promised to do, trim an overgrown tree that was laying on the roof. I am very happy with both Wayne and Kathy's professionalism and will recommend them to others!

Description of Work
Older home needing upkeep - Trees and shrubs trimmed, House wood trim work, Handrail for steps, replace fencing and gates and install a dryer vent.

Category fencing, handyman service, landscaping, lawn service, house painters