Sierra Construction

Founded 1998 • With Angi since August 2011

A father son operation with years of experiance in residential and commercial repairs and remodels. Sierra Construction Services is now looking for individuals that need a long time contractor to maintain there property someone they can call for emergencies someone they can trust for all

home remodeling (28)fireplace services (7)tile installation (7)drywall (5)door installation (4)plumbers (4)window replacement (2)handyman (2)electrician (2)awnings (2)HVAC Companies (1)fence company (1)

12/16/2020

Laurie A.

Both employees were very professional and friendly. They knew what they were doing and performed the install without any problems. They also took care to clean up the work area before leaving.

Description of Work
insert install

Category handyman service, fireplaces

Work Completed On 12/16/2020

12/16/2020

Erika B.

It was great. They were on time and respectful. They took time to explain everything and answer any and all questions. They totally cleaned up after themselves. It was awesome!!

Description of Work
insert install

Category electrician, handyman service, fireplaces

Work Completed On 12/16/2020

11/23/2020

craig N.

The Contractor Gave me the wrong pipe size measurements and left off several items needed for the instillation. After a phone call and showing Larry the list he gave me he was very rude! Also he said he would not be back, I wouldn't use Larry for any work! User beware!

Description of Work
A instillation of a free standing wood stove

Category awnings, fireplaces

Work Completed On 11/23/2020

You must be the guy that was screaming obscenities' at your wife while my son and i stood in your living room her phone was on speaker phone .... I'm sorry your so angry maybe you will be nicer to the next guy getting you some heat!!! God Bless and good luck sir!

06/13/2020

Rayshawn N.

From the time I called to getting a quote all the way to the repair the service was awesome. The finished product looks like it was never damage to begin with. It was well worth the money and I am looking forward to using their services on my next project.

Description of Work
Drywall repair

Category awnings, drywall

Work Completed On 06/13/2020

05/11/2020

Shoua N.

Quoted same day as request, accepted bid same day (Friday), started job on following Monday and completed Tuesday.

Description of Work
Tile removal

Category ceramic tile

Work Completed On 05/04/2020

02/14/2020

Felicia A.

had an appointment at the beginning of year, company did not show, nor respond to any calls there after

Description of Work
remodel garage and extension to kitchen

Work Completed On 12/28/2019

I'm sorry I'm very busy during the winter months and i have missed a few appointment im very sorry ma am!

10/09/2019

MARGARET S.

Original door and jams already taken off prior to work. Installation cost me double of what was originally quoted," because it was a old home." They had to come back twice to fix doors. We had to do work on frames, after we had already paid for service. We had to hammer down frames; had gaps. Left one exterior to back yard door half done, no frame work to exterior. On the outside left it with concrete and chicken wire showing and the door seal was left hollow and weak to step on, We had to frame the outside ourselves. When called back to fix a closet door which wouldn't close; it took a while, but exterior door still weak he only put shims. We framed the outside door ourselves, but yet to fix weak entrance floor seal or to fill in the concrete at the base of floor, which he cut tile out to fit in door. So needless to say although they were pleasant people, we would not recommend .

Description of Work
6 Doors with frame combo to be installed

Category doors

Work Completed On 07/21/2019

After cutting down all your jambs because your 100 year old house has 10 floors cutting out tile to be able to install back door and much more FREE things you ask for and you give us a C ???? I guess I need to stop doing extras for free some people are just angry in life I guess!!

01/11/2019

Stephen P.

Our experience with this service provider was just outstanding. He fixed our doors in nothing flat for a very reasonable price, and referred us to two other service providers who would be more appropriate to the repairs we need than he would. I was VERY impressed by this show of integrity and honesty on his part. I HIGHLY recommend Sierra Construction to anyone in need of home repairs.

Description of Work
Repair of 3 doors, replacement of a cracked window, and repair of a gas fireplace insert.

Category remodeling, replacement windows, fireplaces, doors

Work Completed On 01/11/2019

10/09/2017

Robert P.

Bob and his crew did a great job installing the wiring and making the conduit as inconspicuous as possible. He also installed two outdoor fans that was done to perfection.

Description of Work
Had some wiring done on a backyard patio installation.

Category electrician

Work Completed On 06/30/2017

09/20/2017

Hope L.

Great people to work with. They did an excellent job of the highest quality. Every interaction I had with them was friendly and professional!

Description of Work
They rerooted our guest house with 2 dormers using a quality metal roof. Their price and start date was way better that the other quotes!

Work Completed On 07/12/2017

06/02/2017

Sarah A.

The job took longer than expected due to materials but Larry was communicative and hard working.

Description of Work
I hired Larry with Sierra Construction to remodel my master bathroom

Category ceramic tile, drywall, plumbing, remodeling, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 05/29/2017

Review for Sierra Construction - 6083 N Figarden Dr, Fresno, CA - 35165795

05/16/2017

Robert M.

He does the work and never has to come back. He is excellent.

Description of Work
He put in a new pump house for me. He also put in a fence for me in the past.

Category fencing, remodeling

Work Completed On 10/12/2016

05/11/2017

Dave F.

They showed up on time and did a wonderful job custom fitting the surround to size. We are now up to code! No damage to my Laminate flooring either. They also took the time to show me how to take care of the new gas fireplace myself. Thank You

Description of Work
Larry came to install my new gas fireplace from Ponderosa Hearth and Home.

Category remodeling, fireplaces, home remodeling

Work Completed On 04/05/2017

05/09/2017

Mona S.

They were very professional, prompt, and met their installation deadlines. They also cleaned up after themselves everyday. Larry, the owner, was very polite and accommodating.

Description of Work
They replaced a side garage door, two windows, and a set of french doors. They also installed a fireplace insert.

Category remodeling, replacement windows, fireplaces, doors

Work Completed On 02/28/2017

02/20/2017

chris G.

He came on time, estimate was very competitive and after i told him what I wanted he offered some better solutions to what I had in mind. Told me about other places I could add the door and ended up giving me a little more living and closet space. City requited an engineered drawing and Rusty ensured it was taken care of. He also tiled two of our bathrooms and the quality was very good for all the work done.

Description of Work
Rusty and crew converted a one car garage to a bedroom. Cost included, concrete work, drywall, electrical, paint and carpet. He also tiled two of our bathroom floors.

Category ceramic tile, drywall, remodeling, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 04/30/2016

08/03/2016

Mark T.

It went excellent. This is the second time I have had dealings with Sierra. They are generous with information from their experience and seek to solve the problem. I now know my options in order to get my shower working again. I recommend them.

Description of Work
I needed an estimate on replacing a bathroom tub spout that controls my shower.

Category plumbing

Work Completed On 08/02/2016

11/23/2015

Rosanna P.

Estimate was emaied in a timely manner. I emailed him back a few questions as to some of the details of the estimate and I never received a response back. Hired another contractor.

Description of Work
Came out for a bathroom remodel and took some measurements and emailed the estimate. Bathroom was already demolished and listened to what I wanted.

Work Completed On 08/17/2015

Were sorry we don't recall turning down a job that was bid if we were granted the project and did not perform it there must have been a break down in communication we appreciate all business.

10/14/2015

Scott N.

Project was successful, and they are easy to work with.

Description of Work
Install water heater, sheetrock garage wall, dry rot repair, landscape masonry repair, bathroom tile replacement

Category drywall, remodeling, home remodeling

Work Completed On 07/01/2015

10/01/2015

Max G.

Took several weeks to complete which wasn't a real hardship as home was unoccupied and contractor was given spare key. Which he still has, unless the tile guy has it. Contractor has not responded to written request to return key, so we had the lock changed. Worse, he left the filthy old toilet in one of the bedrooms and has not responded to email request to come and get as per the contract which states he would remove all old fixtures/debris. My wife and I are seniors, she is totally disabled, it was very difficult to obtain the money to pay for the remodel. Toilet is now on the patio. I will have to pay someone to come get it and dispose of it as I can not do that on my own. Disappointing to pay almost 14 thousand dollars total for mediocre work and disrespectful treatment. I do not believe I should have had to nag contractor to get him to remove the old toilet from my home, nor email him to come get. Nor should I have to beg him to return my house key. Do not hire.

Description of Work
Gutted very, very small bathroom. Replaced tub, shower fixtures, toilet, pedestal sink. He had someone else tile shower area and floor. We paid for all tile and tile related supplies--expected to pay for tile and grout--hundreds of dollars in other tile expenses were unexpected. Work was "flipper" quality. Left toilet in bedroom. Never removed.

Work Completed On 08/01/2015

08/30/2015

Positives- reasonable quote, timeliness of the completion of job Negatives- did not took into account the details of the job. I had asked to widen the shower floor base, they actually shortened it. The actual cost of the job went over the estimate by adding costs of the small extra jobs to the amounts that were not reasonable. If you hire them, make sure that exact terms in the contract are followed up to the end.

Description of Work
Remodeled a bathroom.

Work Completed On 08/20/2015

Were sorry about shower the door limits your space and when additional items are added to original bid we have to make change orders. Being a doctor im sure you don't tell your patients not to worry about extra cost.

06/09/2015

Maria H.

Called Sierra Construction last week and spoke to Larry (I think). Made an appointment for him to come out and give me an estimate for installation of a portable A/C unit. We need a hole cut into the wall, a/c unit installed and the whole thing framed, insulated and secured to the wall. He never showed up. No phone call to cancel. No phone call to reschedule. Nothing. We waited, and waited and waited. Very disappointing.

Description of Work
Nothing....he never showed up for our scheduled appointment.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Work Completed On 06/08/2015

06/04/2015

Mandy S.

Larry returned my original call within the day and came out the following morning to give me a quote on the bathroom. After getting a few more bids, I decided to go with Larry because of his responsiveness and price. He referred me to his tile guy, Gabriel, who was also very responsive and great to work with. He met with me right away to pick out tile and was able to start in just a few days. When Gabriel and his co-worker came out to do the job, they were on-time and papered the floor from the front door to the bathroom so as to not damage the rest of the house. Gabriel and his partner worked quickly and did a quality job. It turned out great and I'm very pleased!

Description of Work
Tiled guest bathroom and changed out the toilet.

Category ceramic tile, plumbing, remodeling, home remodeling

Work Completed On 05/26/2015

02/27/2015

Mark T.

This went very well. Larry was very accommodating, providing important information about dealing with my termite problems. His tileman, Gabriel, was very easy to work with. Larry provided more advise about an appliance problem. Very much recommend Sierra Construction.

Description of Work
Tore out floor of bathroom; put in tile floor. Had to take out toilet/replace wax ring. Had to cooperate with termite exterminators to treat bathroom first; had to make extra trip to finish job, after coming out to give estimate. Picked up tile, picked out tile for me.