Kavin Construction Inc

Founded 1974 • With Angi since October 2005

3814 Willat Ave

Culver City, CA 90232

Additional email: kavincon@aol.com. additional website: www.kavinfence.com. Award winning....

01/24/2017

Evan R.

The initial consultation went smoothly and, after the quote came to hand, we retained Kavin to remove the old gates and build and install the new ones. The installation process was very efficient. Kavin are, without a doubt, seasoned pros when it comes to doing this work. Their strength, however, shone through not only during the installation, but afterwards when adjustments needed to be made on two separate occasions. First, the carport gate expanded a bit, which made it difficult to open. Kavin came out to sand it back, so that the fit was more precise. The second time we needed them to come out was in relation to the side gate, which expanded so much owing to a lot of rain that we could not open the gate without forcing it. Once we got the gate open, it couldn't be closed and locked, and banged against the frame in ensuing wind so much that one of the wood panels broke off in part. Kavin fixed all of this without any fuss or a request for additional payment. Bottom line: Kavin don't just install good-looking, quality gates, they are also prepared to make adjustments as part of the overall customer service at no additional charge. Highly recommend using them.

Description of Work
We needed our carport and side gates replaced.

Category driveway gates

02/25/2016

Mary B.

Wonderful company. Price for project was very competitive. Process was smooth and easy. They did absolutely everything they said they would do on time and at the cost they quoted. They were responsive to our questions and concerns, were very professional and kind (which is rare these days).

Description of Work
Built a new fence

02/21/2016

ReBecca N.

Workers arrived promptly and were very efficient. Got the job done is a short time and it was done very well. No complaints whatsoever.

Description of Work
I had my chain link fence turned upside down so the barbs which were at the top, were now at the bottom. This was a super small job, but I needed it done for the safety of my dogs.

02/16/2016

Ida Z.

Customer service very poor. They did not make an intent to come ser job

Description of Work
Stated they dont work LA area when Angies Rep. had provided there contact of working LA area. Cakled abd they said no one could perform job.

12/16/2015

Steve R.

Work turned out really well. We had subsequent problems with the gate, which likely were a design issue. The guys returned promptly to fix. The first time was free. The second time I paid them. I'm thinking of having them install another enclosure on the property.

Description of Work
Provided fence and gate.

11/29/2015

Helen K.

very well done. Great looking fence.

Description of Work
Fencing

07/16/2015

Scott Z.

Great. Beautiful fence, the work was done in one day. We are Happy with the quality, cost and experience with this company.

Description of Work
Build a fence to inclose our property.

10/21/2014

Arlene C.

They provided the proposals for both jobs and scheduled the walkway first. Then I called to have the fencing completed. Both jobs were completed in a timely manner to the specifications requested. All areas were cleaned and left in order. I have used Kavin before and find them very [professional providing quality work.

Description of Work
They replaced fencing and removed walkway at side of house and shrubbery replacing with wider walkway directing water away from house.

09/15/2014

Lars J.

They were great from start to finish. Sal came and gave a thorough and reasonable quote. Great guy, very knowledgeable and responsive. Once hired, the crew came out and did the work on time and with great quality. Since then, the ground has shifted, requiring several adjustments. They came back out, diagnosed the problem and fixed it for free. Couldn't be happier with the professionalism of this company. Would recommend them to anyone who asked and already have.

Description of Work
Installed a steel and wood gate with poured concrete and locks.

Category concrete repair,fencing,driveway gates

09/12/2014

Simon G.

I called on Kavin for an extremely fast turnaround (<1 week) stucco repair and they came through excellently, Michael (the CEO) and Mark (the estimator) responded quickly to set up the work and Michael made a point of being on site to ensure we got exactly what we needed (actually changing from the quote to a different design when he saw the specifics of the work site). Kavin's team went above and beyond to ensure the stucco color matched exactly and performed quick and extremely high quality work -- I cannot recommend them more highly

Description of Work
Created new stucco and lath enclosure and door to cover electrical sub-panel on side of my house

09/03/2014

Simon G.

Kavin helped me with the relocation of my back yard fence working on a very tight turnaround. As part of selling my property I needed to move 50' of fence at the back of my house that was not conforming with the property line. Sal from Kavin came out promptly to survey and prepare an estimate. He was very flexible in developing a range of alternative options and responding to numerous scope changes. The supervisor for the job also came out in advance to ensure he knew exactly where the fence was to be located. On the day of the work the team arrived promptly and worked quickly and cleanly, they were careful to avoid damaging any of our plantings and also adjusted the fence to work around a 70 year old avocado tree. Much of the work was in very tight spaces yet the finished outcome was extremely well done. Finally they came back to replace one missing board that had been left out. Overall the work completed is excellent quality and I would highly recommend Kavin for any of your fencing needs.

Description of Work
Relocated 37' of existing wood fence with new concrete set posts. Installed new 12' of Mangaris fence. All work in very tight spaces.

Category concrete repair,fencing

03/13/2014

Peter S.

Bid was competitive, scheduling was easy and work was done on time and as described. In fact, a bit of additional work was done at no extra cost. Extra points for communication about scheduling. A huge rainstorm hit, and Kavin called to say that they would have to delay work to the next working day (a Monday as the rain hit on Friday), and that it would take priority. This seemed reasonable and they were true to their word.

Description of Work
Installed 20' of board on board fencing with two gates as well as erecting support posts for a section of existing fence.

01/28/2014

Edward R.

The work they originally was fine but I have called them four times to come out and look at the post and they have not responded.

Description of Work
They fixed my gate and I have been trying to get back in touch with them to repair the post the gate is attached too.

Category fencing,remodeling

12/06/2013

Kent U.

I had used Kavin a couple of times for fence repair and replacement jobs, but the last time was 15 years ago or more. Their estimator, Sal, came out promptly, answered questions, took measurements and sent us a detailed proposal for the agreed upon work. The work was completed on schedule and the materials used were high quality. After inspection, some details had to be taken care of. These were attended to promptly without question and taken care of to our satisfaction. The new fence looks great. I plan to use Kavin again in the near future for replacement of the fence on the other side of our property.

Description of Work
Kavin Construction replaced a 55 foot wood fence plus my neighbor's wood gate. They did not do the haul away of the old fence because of an extensive amount of ivy growing on it, but they did recommend a very capable and reasonably priced contractor for tear down and haul away. They put in a 12" x 2" pretreated base board with a 6' x 8" clear, tongue & groove, capped redwood fence on top of it..

07/31/2013

jill L.

I like using their service. They were pleasant to work with.

Description of Work
They put in a new fence.

07/24/2013

Jamie W.

18 years ago, the fence along the side of our property, next to the sidewalk was installed by Kavin. When we needed to replace it we called them again and got a quote. Sal, the estimator came out promptly and took note of the fact that due to changes in Culver City requirements, we had to create a 1 foot offset from the sidewalk.. We had the quote for 6 months before we decided to go ahead. By then the materials cost had risen slightly resulting in a total increase of $100. The fence team came out the next week. They demolished and hauled away the old fence and rotten posts. My husband asked to keep the metal gate frame, which they detached and left for us. They marked the new fence line and started work cementing in the metal posts. Due to some uneven ground the posts were custom cut to length. The workers were polite, professional, and efficient. By the afternoon we had a brand new fence and gate including outside pull wire for the latch. We supplied the double keyed bolt lock. We did not ask them to install the lock because we had to get it re-keyed. Once the work was completed we inspected the fence and found a few issues: some boards behind a rose bush were not secured at the bottom, there were two bad screws that needed replacing. We called Kavin who sent out a team the next day to take care of the issue. It would have been nice to get a call telling us when they were coming, but that did not happen. However, the work was performed to our satisfaction. The quality of the wood was a little off in that there was sap dripping from some of the boards, and the fence pickets were very rough with splinters of wood. Overall we are satisfied with the work performed and will recommend them. Their quote came in at a very reasonable amount.

Description of Work
Built 71 feet of 6' tall redwood fence with metal posts, installed fence gate.

07/05/2013

Harvey L.

See above. He came out Monday morning at 9:45am, and by Friday, still no word. Not a phone call, not an e-mail, not a written estimate.

Description of Work
What did the provider do? He wasted my time. Per his business card, the "fence sales manager" showed up, measured the area (I needed a 10' length of 6' high wooden fence replaced), took my e-mail and snail mail address, and I never heard from him again. Nada. Zero. Zip.

Category fencing

We send all of our estimates out via email. Some get sent to spam. This client was met on Monday July 1st, and the estimate was emailed later that week. As a standard practice, we do follow up phone calls 5 days after mailing. We spoke to the client on July 15th, who stated he "was no longer interested", without a reason.

07/01/2013

Wm J B.

After several consultations and very expensive around-the-tree suggestions we opted to have just the a straight wall built up to the tree, planning on hiring a creative carpenter to do the around-the- tree work. So, our straight 37 foot by 6 foot wall was to take "about 5 days" Week one...one or two guys trickled in and out to do the brush clearing which prompted a neighbor to ask about the permit. Permit?....yes, building on property lines requires inspectors to come out and be assured you are complying with Thr survey. Survey? Yes. Kevin....a licenced contractor had not pulled a permit. So week one ended with us hustling to get a survey so the footer which they had already dug and poured, ( in what turned out to be themwrong place) could be checked by the inspector on Monday Week two got the inspection and then the footer reported where it need to be. Then blocks up to the height that was limited until the next inspection. Tis took all week. Week three started with the "duh....nobody called Friday for an inspector on Monday". Followed by the "duh..nobody told me it was to be a color-coat (color it he final stucco coat) This circus continued until I called Mike Kavin directly. Suddenly things started getting done ..but this is three weeks into a 5 day job. Mike offered a 5% discount because of all the idiocy . 20 years ago, Kavin did great work for us on a wooden fence. Who knows what's happened to the company, but it's clear they've got some managers who should not be managing. For right now, consider Kavin just another unreliable construction company.

Description of Work
The project was to be a block and stucco wall at the rear of our property to keep our dog safely in the yard. A tree grows on the propery line and would have to be built around . We were hoping for some creative suggestions on who to do this.

Category fencing,stucco,hardscaping

We service hundreds of clients per year, occasionally there are issues. As the client was not satisfied with the project until upper management was called and got involved, he was offered a discount. We aim to please.

06/10/2013

Marcia B.

They came when they said they would, and completed the job when they said they would. The quality of the construction was first-rate.

Description of Work
Built a double-entry wood picket gate (11' 6'); built one 4' walk-gate with 6' supporting wood fence; and installed 131' redwood fence 6' high.

06/07/2013

massoud A.

We required a new fence in our back yard to replace the old one which was located in a wrong location. After two years in court with the neigbors we put a new fence this week. I wanted to be sure that this time my fence company does not make any mistake. One of the contractors was Kavin Construction. They gave me a certain date and time for estimating. Sal the estimator showed up on time and gave a professional estimate. Needed a landscaper to clean up the hill side and Sal recommended us a person that we used. After cleaning the area we expected to have the fence in one week but they called us that they can make it the next day. Luis and Victor were the installers and i stayed with them for two days to be sure that they do their job right and at a right location (we had enough of lawyers for two years). Both installers were very prpfessional, did a great job and also they also recommended that i put a gate along the fence line which i called Sal and they had it ready the next day. And as i am writing this recommendation the fence is installed today and i wanted to put it in writing before i forget anything. Thanks again to SAl, Luis and Victor for the great job.

Description of Work
Installed a new fence in our back yard

04/30/2013

Pam B.

About one year ago I set out to get quotes to replace old fence that I had to remove. Kavin construction gave me a quote (which was toward lower end of all my quotes). I was impressed at the time, they showed up on time, put quote in writing in detail. Finally able to get work done and decided to call Kavin again, they honored the year old quote. We set up appointment for one weeks time, they called two days later had a cancellation and could do job next day! They arrived right on time, cemented posts in, put up a beautiful fence. We asked them how much would cost to replace the gate. The cost was $150 for them to build on the spot and replace gate. They finished the same day. The workers were great, worked hard and everything was left as clean as when they started!

Description of Work
Install 56 feet redwood fence with metal posts. Build and replace front gate.

Category concrete repair,fencing,driveway gates

01/07/2013

Eleanor W.

Someone came out and gave me an estimate. I think I had to wait around 10 days or so before the job could be scheduled. Two workers came out the day it was scheduled and installed the posts and took measurements for the gate. They then left and made the wrought iron gate, came back and installed it, painted it and the job was done in one day. I really like the gate. It provides protection against entering the side of my house...you need a key to unlock the door. It's just what I wanted.

Description of Work
They installed a wrought iron gate on the side of my house that included a door with a lock. Gate was custom fitted to the side of the house.

Category fencing,wrought iron,driveway gates

12/28/2012

Peter K.

Kavin estimator was prompt, courteous and fair in explaining all the different fence types. He discouraged me from using an all-vinyl fence in my situation -- even though it would have been a much more expensive job -- because he felt it was not the best choice. Their price quotes were reasonable. On the day of the installation, the crew showed up on time and worked through a rainy day to finish the job, on time and with excellent results. I will not hesitate to use Kavin again for additional outdoor fence and gate work.

Description of Work
Install a new 80' vinyl covered chain-link fence between my home and the neighbor.

09/26/2012

Nancy S.

Great; completely met expectations; crew on time; efficient; worked quickly; cleaned up. Excellent overall. Kavin has a well-deserved reputation for excellence.

Description of Work
Repair front gate; repair front yard side gate; replace backyard side gate; repair backyard gate.

09/09/2012

Susan P.

Called to get an estimate for gate installation. They told me they could instal the standard gate or install any type of custom made gate. I asked them to send pictures of the gates previously installed. It took me over a week to get a quote,(on the standard gate) and pictures were never sent. I called back to request pictures, and they were never sent. I called back again and the original sales person was no longer working at Kavin. I was given the name of a new sales rep. Instead of waiting for them to send pictures we downloaded some to send to Kavin Co. I contacted the new sales rep and told him we have pictures of a custom fence can they quote me on the installation. Never heard back, so I called back, and was told they do not install that type of gate ( it was basically an arched wooded gate, nothing too out of the ordinary). But they said they could install on of their standard gates that week. Disappointed, I again asked for pictures of the type of gate they do install, explaining I did not want to spend money on something have never seen!! Pictures were never sent, and I have not heard a peep from the company. Over a month later since this whole ordeal began, I am looking elsewhere

Category driveway gates

Our Fence Estimator Santiago, prepared approximately 7 estimates a day. Unfortunately, he abruptly quit the company, and many of his estimates were unknown to us and went unattended. My apologies for any inconvenience.

Juan De Jesus Inc

We are family owned and operated and as such here at Juan De Jesus Inc, we sustain our business on quality, honesty, and integrity. We are experts in the Construction and Remodeling trade and are committed to quality from the beginning to the end of your project. We aim to be your number choice in the Construction industry and we are always looking to grow as a company, individuals, and as a positive influence in our community. We look forward to earning your business, call us today for your FREE ESTIMATE!

Offers by Juan De Jesus Inc on Angi
    DiBara Masonry

Named "Top Masonry & Concrete Company" by Industry Oversight, we are a fourth generation masonry company, specializing in repairs, restorations and new installations of stone, block, brick, concrete and pavers, as well as waterproofing and sealing of any sort. No matter how odd, large or small the project may be, DiBara Masonry can provide exactly what you need, because with DiBara, expert advice is always free and expert service is always delivered. Our Story: Son of a third generation mason, DiBara Masonry's owner, Matthew DiBara, started working with a trowel and mortar beside his father at a young age on the outskirts of Boston, Massachusetts. After deciding to move west and build up his company there, Matt left the cold weather behind but carried with him the knowledge and history of his Italian ancestors and ever since has delivered expert quality sure to make Pasquale proud.

Offers by DiBara Masonry on Angi
    Mulholland Brand

**WE OFFER THE LOWEST PRICE GUARANTEED** Mulholland Brand is a high-end direct manufacturer of low maintenance aluminum gates, fences, railings, and pergolas. For direct to consumer installations, we only offer the best quality to customers. With over 25 years of experience and a 4.9/5 star average user rating on Google and Yelp, you can count on us to do an amazing job. If you are looking for the highest quality manufacturing and installations, call us today at 818-639-3820 or check us out at http://www.mulhollandbrand.com for great service, great passion, and the best security gates in Los Angeles!

Offers by Mulholland Brand on Angi