Building a new home can be a money suck. But if you’re on a budget, you can still build your dream home with these tips to save money when building a house.
Get matched with top home builders in Hot Springs, AR
There are 2 highly-rated local home builders.
Matching on Angi
Recent Home Builder Reviews in Hot Springs
- Sun-Dome of ArkansasVery punctual, actually was done in the morning while i was at work. No mess, very professional and above all he stands by his product making sure that everything is ok even after he has done the work. I would recommend both the Sunpipe and Mr Cully to anyone looking to brighten up their home and obviously save on your energy bills as well
- A-1 Home ImprovementOliver Bobnar, his father and brother own and operate the company. They moved here from Germany and I first used them on a house project in 1998 and they did excellent work. When retiring to Hot Springs and purchasing a house in 2014 I reestablished our contact and have relied on them to do major projects for us. We have been totally impressed with their professionalism and knowledge and ability to do the job right. They do not take short cuts. The Bobnars arrived with their onsite construction trailer and began work immediately. I asked them to assess our newly acquired house and make recommendation and start repairs. The above noted repairs were done quickly and efficiently and professionally. A year later all of the repairs have stood the test of time and are functioning properly. Later that month they reworked the basement "man cave" and removed all bathroom fixtures so that the new tile would be under the fixtures in the event of a future remodel. The molded plastic flooring (a real mess) was removed and hauled away and the floor totally cleaned and prepped prior to installing new ceramic tile. They also sealed cracks, prepped and painted walls and ceiling and other needed items. A year later the area is still perfect and the mold and smell is gone. They do everything from building new houses to complete remodels. Their skill set is wide
- Jerry Jones BuildersMy mother and I spent 10 weeks planning and researching this project. We obtained bids from everyone who would show interest in accepting the job. We even shopped the job in Hot Springs and Benton, AR for prices and reputation. We found most of the people bidding acted like they would simply take the job and then show interest in the project. The next lowest bid on this project was $12,000 higher. The construction was approximately 680 square feet. Jerry Jones actually fell into this job with us. We chose a contractor for the job by the name of Rich Muchiuo and Andy Maggard of andy's Bobcat Work. We gave a check for about $17,000 to start the process in about 3 weeks. Afew days passed and I called Mr Muchiuo and found out he was in another state and probably would not return. We then found out that he intended to keep our check. Fortunate for us, we gave the check to Andy Maggard who refused to go along with Mr. Muchiuo's plan to take $10,000 off the top and abandon us to Mr Maggard to complete the contract. Mr Maggard immediately refunded every dime. Andy Maggard wanted this job very badly. So he introduced us to Jerry Jones of Hot Springs Village. He actually lived less than a mile from our home. Jerry and Andy were very patient with us in discussing the plans. We spent several hours going over a detailed written list prepared in advance identifying exactly what was to be done and the quality of materials to use for each step of the project. We found this detailed and time consuming list became an integral part of our contract. We really liked both Jerry Jones and Andy Maggard (who already had established his integrity with the refund of our money earlier). The price came back higher than the previous quote. We accepted it. The project began on time. We paid 1/3 in advance, another large sum when materials were delivered for construction, and all but the remaining $10,000 after the electrical and insulation was completed. To wrap up I made a detailed list of things to be done before I would pay the balance. I must admit, this planning saved a lot of grief. The balance was requested early but I stuck to my guns with the list and it was in our contract that final $10,000 would not be paid until everything was cleaned up to our satisfaction and all lose ends were done. These guys did excellent work. The quality was second to no one and I know from experience what I am talking about. Details include even caulking seems of 2x4 s butted against each other. Where ever two pieces of wood were fastened, it was caulked. They modified the plans as the project went on with our approval, resulting in a final project better than we envisioned. It seemed like it took longer than I anticipated; but, someone was working every day of the project except one or two days over 7 weeks. I must admit that we did have to watch closely. If they saw a way to save money, they would do it unless we insisted. There was a couple times we insisted. Again we referenced the quality standards we had written into the contract. They were great. Anything in the contract was complied to without begrudging. The final product looked so good because it was blended into our current construction. I am serious, you could not tell where new construction began and old construction ended. For cost reasons, anything not in the contract was negotiated as additional costs. This is why it is important to do as much planning as possible. After the project lose ends were completed, we paid the final sum and we were very pleased. We had several issues pop up during the next 4 months. All we did was call Jerry or Andy and someone was there within 72 hours to either look at it or fix it. They never complained. They kept a great attitude with the follow up service, even though there would be no more money coming into them. I highly recommend these people. You will appreciate them too
- Kieschnick Construction IncThey were very easy to work with and the quality of the work was excellent. They were accommodating when we wanted to change things and came out on budget. We were very pleased. We would recommend them to anyone.
- Paul Wagner Custom Homes IncHe designs all his own homes, so they are all custom built. He is on the job daily, and he uses the best subcontractors around here. He's very honest, very meticulous, always available, and is very good at his job. My father and grandfather were builders, I was a contractor, but this guy was the best I have even seen. He also stays within budget and will get you exactly what you want
- Odis Burroughs Construction Co IncHe does very good work. I’ve seen some of his work and the houses that he builds are pretty substantial. I think he’s definitely a professional and he does a good job. His price is very competitive and does an all around good job for people. I went through the house myself and it was very nice. I’m sure if people have any complaints he rectifies them and if there’s a problem with his construction he takes care of it right away. The quality of his work is topnotch. He uses good materials and he’s been using the same people for years to subcontract the work. He is a real professional and he makes sure people are satisfied with his work. He is a nice man to deal with
- C & C Home ImprovementI liked everything about him. He started on Tuesday and he has done a very good job. He was on time. All my neighbors were so impressed that they said they were going to get their jobs done through him too. He got me what I wanted and he had to go search to find that for my painting wall. There has been no argument about what I wanted as what I have asked for I am getting. He comes in early and stays late
- Jerry Jones BuildersThe job went exactly as Mr Jones said it would. He is a contractor and lives in Hot Springs Village. He bid the job and I spent a lot of time, in advance, planning the work to be done, quality standards of materials to be used and quality standards of construction to be used. He prepared a three part contract, scheduling payments. In each portion, he detailed exactly what was to be completed and at completion payment was due. His standards of quality go beyond my high standards. However, it was a good thing to spell out the standards to be used. The fact is, you only get what you pay for. If you want Middle of the road quality for your bathroom tub, you must state that in the contract so that he can plan the extra expense. You must not take for granted that since he does perform at high levels of quality. While he will not build junk, he also will not go above and beyond, unless it is negotiated. In other words: "He performs different standards, as contracted." I asked for middle of the road and high "quality materials". We identified specific items to set price limits: i.e. Toilet, sink and light fixtures. Everything entered into the contract was done exactly as expected. (He even went beyond in most areas, to give value for his services.) There were a couple items overlooked in the planning stages and when those items were identified, I had to pay extra. However, I must admit the extra expense was justifiable. The biggest conflict was choice of the Heat Pump. We had already established the fact that it would be a high quality product and the size would be based on the square footage being added to the house. That was all fine and good. We had not discussed the difference between: "Getting by and Performing well most of the time" with the concept of: This unit will handle any climate conditions, effortlessly. My research told me that I needed a 4-ton unit. He and the electrician said that I only needed a 3.5 ton unit. The difference was several hundred dollars. (We had not discussed how much was limited for the unit in advance. Therefore, he could use any number he wanted as the limit. The fact is: I insisted on a high-energy-efficient 4 ton unit. I did get it; but, it strained the relationship. Get everything in writing. Plan the expenses the same way he is going to bid the job. If you do: YOU WILL NOT HAVE ANY TROUBLE. Jerry Jones did top of the line work. He also performed at a level of quality a little higher than contracted. Ask him to provide a detailed range of expenses for everything, so you will know if something is underfunded or overfunded. I give Jerry Jones 5 stars and he is on my speed dial
- Milligan Construction CoMost of the work was subbed out. The quality of the work and the materials was average at best. The rooms were not suare floor not level and re-work was often.
- Natural State DrywallCalled two different occasions. Assured they would address repair. Never showed and no return calls.
Last update on January 24, 2019
House Builders in Hot Springs
Explore our Solution Center for helpful home builder articles
Learn the most common home maintenance issues you might face as a homeowner, how much they cost to fix, and how much you should be saving each year to do so.
Learning how to hire subcontractors is crucial to the success of your construction business. Find out how to know when it’s time to hire, what to pay subcontractors, and more.
Find home builders in
- Lake Hamilton,
- Hot Springs Village,
- Mount Ida,
- Shannon Hills
home builders in Hot Springs
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- Mayberry Builders221 Robinwood Dr
Hot Springs, Arkansas 71901
- Mayberry Builders
- 24-7 Construction LLC176 Ouachita 406
Camden, Arkansas 71701
- 24-7 Construction LLC
- Arkansas Tornado Storm Shelters1641 Polk Creek Rd
Caddo Gap, Arkansas 71935
- Arkansas Tornado Storm Shelters
- B&A Heating and Air Conditioning Inc1550 B Airport Rd
Hot Springs National Park, Arkansas 71913
- B&A Heating and Air Conditioning Inc
- Calaway Construction12 Silver Springs Road
Batesville, Arkansas 72501
- Calaway Construction
- Environmental Testing & Research Laboratories, Inc60 Elm Hill Ave. Suite 1
Leominster, Massachusetts 01453
- European Classic Designer1404 3rd Street
Hot Springs National Park, Arkansas 71913
- Environmental Testing & Research Laboratories, Inc
- FLEMCO of ARKANSAS, LLCPO BOX 446
Sheridan, Arkansas 72150
- FLEMCO of ARKANSAS, LLC
- Household Solutions755 Bryant Rd
Hot Springs Village, Arkansas 71909
- Household Solutions
- Jack Construction Company199 Birley Lane
Hot Springs National Park, Arkansas 71913
- Jack Construction Company
- Loveday Plumbing Inc106 Social Pl
Hot Springs National Park, Arkansas 71901
- Loveday Plumbing Inc
- PRECISION RESTORATION & REMODELING213 KLEINSHORE RD
Hot Springs National Park, Arkansas 71913
- PRECISION RESTORATION & REMODELING