Building a new home can be a money suck. But if you’re on a budget, you can still build your dream home with these tips to save money when building a house.
Get matched with top home builders in Bismarck, AR
There are 1 highly-rated local home builders.
Recent Home Builder Reviews in Bismarck
- Sun-Dome of ArkansasVery punctual, actually was done in the morning while i was at work. No mess, very professional and above all he stands by his product making sure that everything is ok even after he has done the work. I would recommend both the Sunpipe and Mr Cully to anyone looking to brighten up their home and obviously save on your energy bills as well
- C & C Home ImprovementI liked everything about him. He started on Tuesday and he has done a very good job. He was on time. All my neighbors were so impressed that they said they were going to get their jobs done through him too. He got me what I wanted and he had to go search to find that for my painting wall. There has been no argument about what I wanted as what I have asked for I am getting. He comes in early and stays late
- Jerry Jones BuildersMy mother and I spent 10 weeks planning and researching this project. We obtained bids from everyone who would show interest in accepting the job. We even shopped the job in Hot Springs and Benton, AR for prices and reputation. We found most of the people bidding acted like they would simply take the job and then show interest in the project. The next lowest bid on this project was $12,000 higher. The construction was approximately 680 square feet. Jerry Jones actually fell into this job with us. We chose a contractor for the job by the name of Rich Muchiuo and Andy Maggard of andy's Bobcat Work. We gave a check for about $17,000 to start the process in about 3 weeks. Afew days passed and I called Mr Muchiuo and found out he was in another state and probably would not return. We then found out that he intended to keep our check. Fortunate for us, we gave the check to Andy Maggard who refused to go along with Mr. Muchiuo's plan to take $10,000 off the top and abandon us to Mr Maggard to complete the contract. Mr Maggard immediately refunded every dime. Andy Maggard wanted this job very badly. So he introduced us to Jerry Jones of Hot Springs Village. He actually lived less than a mile from our home. Jerry and Andy were very patient with us in discussing the plans. We spent several hours going over a detailed written list prepared in advance identifying exactly what was to be done and the quality of materials to use for each step of the project. We found this detailed and time consuming list became an integral part of our contract. We really liked both Jerry Jones and Andy Maggard (who already had established his integrity with the refund of our money earlier). The price came back higher than the previous quote. We accepted it. The project began on time. We paid 1/3 in advance, another large sum when materials were delivered for construction, and all but the remaining $10,000 after the electrical and insulation was completed. To wrap up I made a detailed list of things to be done before I would pay the balance. I must admit, this planning saved a lot of grief. The balance was requested early but I stuck to my guns with the list and it was in our contract that final $10,000 would not be paid until everything was cleaned up to our satisfaction and all lose ends were done. These guys did excellent work. The quality was second to no one and I know from experience what I am talking about. Details include even caulking seems of 2x4 s butted against each other. Where ever two pieces of wood were fastened, it was caulked. They modified the plans as the project went on with our approval, resulting in a final project better than we envisioned. It seemed like it took longer than I anticipated; but, someone was working every day of the project except one or two days over 7 weeks. I must admit that we did have to watch closely. If they saw a way to save money, they would do it unless we insisted. There was a couple times we insisted. Again we referenced the quality standards we had written into the contract. They were great. Anything in the contract was complied to without begrudging. The final product looked so good because it was blended into our current construction. I am serious, you could not tell where new construction began and old construction ended. For cost reasons, anything not in the contract was negotiated as additional costs. This is why it is important to do as much planning as possible. After the project lose ends were completed, we paid the final sum and we were very pleased. We had several issues pop up during the next 4 months. All we did was call Jerry or Andy and someone was there within 72 hours to either look at it or fix it. They never complained. They kept a great attitude with the follow up service, even though there would be no more money coming into them. I highly recommend these people. You will appreciate them too
- M & R Sarver Construction IncMatt Sarver was always on time and kept us apprised of any changes to the schedule. His carpenters were professional and kept the site clean. The Sarver's build high end new homes. I would let them build a home for me anytime.
- A-1 Home ImprovementOliver Bobnar, his father and brother own and operate the company. They moved here from Germany and I first used them on a house project in 1998 and they did excellent work. When retiring to Hot Springs and purchasing a house in 2014 I reestablished our contact and have relied on them to do major projects for us. We have been totally impressed with their professionalism and knowledge and ability to do the job right. They do not take short cuts. The Bobnars arrived with their onsite construction trailer and began work immediately. I asked them to assess our newly acquired house and make recommendation and start repairs. The above noted repairs were done quickly and efficiently and professionally. A year later all of the repairs have stood the test of time and are functioning properly. Later that month they reworked the basement "man cave" and removed all bathroom fixtures so that the new tile would be under the fixtures in the event of a future remodel. The molded plastic flooring (a real mess) was removed and hauled away and the floor totally cleaned and prepped prior to installing new ceramic tile. They also sealed cracks, prepped and painted walls and ceiling and other needed items. A year later the area is still perfect and the mold and smell is gone. They do everything from building new houses to complete remodels. Their skill set is wide
- Odis Burroughs Construction Co IncHe does very good work. I’ve seen some of his work and the houses that he builds are pretty substantial. I think he’s definitely a professional and he does a good job. His price is very competitive and does an all around good job for people. I went through the house myself and it was very nice. I’m sure if people have any complaints he rectifies them and if there’s a problem with his construction he takes care of it right away. The quality of his work is topnotch. He uses good materials and he’s been using the same people for years to subcontract the work. He is a real professional and he makes sure people are satisfied with his work. He is a nice man to deal with
- Paul Wagner Custom Homes IncHe designs all his own homes, so they are all custom built. He is on the job daily, and he uses the best subcontractors around here. He's very honest, very meticulous, always available, and is very good at his job. My father and grandfather were builders, I was a contractor, but this guy was the best I have even seen. He also stays within budget and will get you exactly what you want
- Kieschnick Construction IncThey were very easy to work with and the quality of the work was excellent. They were accommodating when we wanted to change things and came out on budget. We were very pleased. We would recommend them to anyone.
- Jerry Jones BuildersThe job went exactly as Mr Jones said it would. He is a contractor and lives in Hot Springs Village. He bid the job and I spent a lot of time, in advance, planning the work to be done, quality standards of materials to be used and quality standards of construction to be used. He prepared a three part contract, scheduling payments. In each portion, he detailed exactly what was to be completed and at completion payment was due. His standards of quality go beyond my high standards. However, it was a good thing to spell out the standards to be used. The fact is, you only get what you pay for. If you want Middle of the road quality for your bathroom tub, you must state that in the contract so that he can plan the extra expense. You must not take for granted that since he does perform at high levels of quality. While he will not build junk, he also will not go above and beyond, unless it is negotiated. In other words: "He performs different standards, as contracted." I asked for middle of the road and high "quality materials". We identified specific items to set price limits: i.e. Toilet, sink and light fixtures. Everything entered into the contract was done exactly as expected. (He even went beyond in most areas, to give value for his services.) There were a couple items overlooked in the planning stages and when those items were identified, I had to pay extra. However, I must admit the extra expense was justifiable. The biggest conflict was choice of the Heat Pump. We had already established the fact that it would be a high quality product and the size would be based on the square footage being added to the house. That was all fine and good. We had not discussed the difference between: "Getting by and Performing well most of the time" with the concept of: This unit will handle any climate conditions, effortlessly. My research told me that I needed a 4-ton unit. He and the electrician said that I only needed a 3.5 ton unit. The difference was several hundred dollars. (We had not discussed how much was limited for the unit in advance. Therefore, he could use any number he wanted as the limit. The fact is: I insisted on a high-energy-efficient 4 ton unit. I did get it; but, it strained the relationship. Get everything in writing. Plan the expenses the same way he is going to bid the job. If you do: YOU WILL NOT HAVE ANY TROUBLE. Jerry Jones did top of the line work. He also performed at a level of quality a little higher than contracted. Ask him to provide a detailed range of expenses for everything, so you will know if something is underfunded or overfunded. I give Jerry Jones 5 stars and he is on my speed dial
- Milligan Construction CoMost of the work was subbed out. The quality of the work and the materials was average at best. The rooms were not suare floor not level and re-work was often.
House Builders in Bismarck
- Business Description:We do not manufacture windows or doors for homes nor do we use Insulated glass. Strafford Window Mfg. manufacturers custom wood windows for barns, sheds, stables, pool houses, cabin, porches and interior applications in the home. Our windows are made of all wood and single strength glass. Call for pricing on Tempered glass. Strafford Window MFG. manufactures Sashes, Transoms, Single Hung Window Units, Hopper Window Units, Fixed Window Units and ScreensRecent Review:These windows are solid, well built and look great. I will be ordering more for my house.Don P.
- Business Description:My name is Tyler Applegate and I have a family owned and operated company. We are a Christian based company and pride ourselves in our hard work to please every customers needs and also our integrity stands us apart from other larger companies. We will walk you through every aspect of the job and we also pride ourselves in our affordable priceRecent Review:It was an over all great experience the staff was friendly, professional and their quotes are more than fair. I Love the work they did for me and would highly recommend Applegate Renovations. I will definitely hire them again in the futureDellMarie D.
- Business Description:Our leadership has worked in the remodeling business in both interiors and exteriors for decades. We use only qualified, licensed and insured installers to ensure all warranty claims if needed will be handled with little to no effort in the future. Attention to detail is the single most important aspect of our commitment to our clientsRecent Review:Called two different occasions. Assured they would address repair. Never showed and no return calls.Richard M.
- Business Description:ETR Laboratories in an analytic laboratory with a broad range of commercial, industrial and individual clients. We provide analytic services using a wide variety of scientific methods including GC/MS, IC/MS, GIR, NMR and SEM equipment. We can do particle analysis, organic and inorganic chemical analysis and micro analysis on biological and other materials. Private water analysis is our specialty. Award winning. Additional DBA - Environmental Testing & Research Laboratories Inc, ETR Labs, ETR ..Recent Review:The whole process was easy. ETR were quickly responsive to questions. Professionally discussed in related terms test results over the phone. Highly recommend!Kevin F.
- Business Description:FAMILY OWNED & OPERATED.
- Business Description:General Contractor for 30 years with experience in all phases of the construction industry. No project too small - from remodels to new projects. Vast experience in general construction and construction management. Numerous projects in and around Central Arkansas. Whatever needed we strive to provide. Customer satisfaction has always been top priority in our work history. Arkansas Contractors License and Master Electrical License
- Business Description:Commercial and Residential builders and contractors
- Business Description:General Contractor, we can handlel all construction needs from building to remodel, from the foundation to the Roof
- Business Description:Hughes Design and Construction, Inc. (HDC), a central Arkansas creative Design/Build firm, was founded in 1997 by engineer and home builder Ralph Hughes. Hughes Design and Construction, Inc. homes are recognized for their architectural character, and their impeccable taste when blending elements of style and luxury
Explore our Solution Center for helpful home builder articles
If you’re a fan of the Victorian era, a Queen Anne home may be perfect for you. Learn more about Queen Anne’s romantic, revival architecture and how to incorporate key pieces into your home for a regal and unique decor style.
Building a new home is thrilling for sure, but don’t let avoidable mistakes get in the way of hosting the perfect housewarming party. Learn about common mistakes owners make during the entire building process so you can look forward to move-in day.
Find home builders in
- Lake Hamilton
- Hot Springs
- Mount Ida
- Hot Springs Village
home builders in Bismarck
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- Elizabeth Zink147 Pebble Beach Pl
Hot Springs National Park, Arkansas
- Environmental Testing & Research Laboratories, Inc60 Elm Hill Ave. Suite 1
- European Classic Designer1404 3rd Street
Hot Springs National Park, Arkansas
- Elizabeth Zink
- FLEMCO of ARKANSAS, LLCPO BOX 446
- FLEMCO of ARKANSAS, LLC
- Kodiak Steel Homes1015 W 2nd St
Little Rock, Arkansas
- Kodiak Steel Homes
- Lucky You5444 central avenue
Hot Springs, Arkansas
- Lucky You
- Natural State Drywall1500 Spring St
Hot Springs National Park, Arkansas
- Natural State Drywall
- ORONA & SON'S CONS'T
- ORONA & SON'S CONS'T
- Under the Sun Contracting9570 Paula St
- Under the Sun Contracting