Sometimes it’s better to start fresh with a new garage and that starts with tearing down the old one. Using this guide, you’ll learn how the cost to tear down a garage depends on a few key factors like square footage and safety precautions.
Get matched with top garage builders in Scottsboro, AL
There are 6 highly-rated local garage builders.
Recent Garage Building Reviews in Scottsboro
- Rick's Constructionit went great he always finished when he said he would and keeps his work areas very clean at end of every day
- Lifesaver Storm Shelters of North AlabamaThey have to dig a hole, put these in, there are different sizes you can pick from, I chose one that would seat 12-15 people. They put it in the ground, they anchor it, then they re level the ground back around it, but of course, they don't cover the top so you can open that and there's stairs to go down in, and just pretty neat. It would have been less if I wanted a smaller one, but I wanted a larger one. We can stand up inside of it, and there are stairs that going up, which go higher than that. It's just one room, there's bench seating all the way around three sides. Then where the stairway is there's places where you can stack water, well we have a baby over here so we keep the formula and things like that, bottles, and blankets, and pillows, and that sort of thing. There's room in there for that plus four people. We have been in it 3 times. The dimensions are 66 inches wide, 9 feet six inches long, and 6 feet 3 inches tall. They were tested by the US military to protect armed forces, they fired two by fours into them at like a hundred miles an hour, and I believe there reinforced fiberglass, and it won't penetrate, there just pretty good deals. I did ask them to come out early to help me pick a location, and they kept putting me off, and they never did, it ended up in a location I'm not, well it's okay, I mean, I'm glad it's there, but it's not ideal. I'm happy with the shelter, I just wanted it closer to the house than it ended up being. They do need to respond to customers and they need to go out early to pick locations, because they have to avoid things like if you have a septic tank, they have to avoid the field, all kinds of issues as far as locating it correctly, and they need to go out ahead the day that it's delivered and get it determined read less
- Valley Storm Shelters Of AlabamaThe Valley Storm Shelters company is excellent. I spent about a year doing my own research on tornado shelters and tornado safe rooms. I even spoke with Texas Tech University, who pioneered the certification process for safe room designs...they even spoke highly of this company. I couldn't feel more safe and have the piece of mind that I do without their product. After living through the monstrous EF-4 tornado in Tuscaloosa, AL during the superoutbreak of 2011, you have to set the bar high for me. What sold me on their above ground model is the Corelock anchoring system. My particular shelter is secured at thirteen different anchoring points; four of which utilize the Corelock system. This anchoring system uses four twenty-four inch Corelock anchor bolts embedded in 2-3 inches of solid concrete. The quality and strength of these shelters is obvious. All of the staff I spoke to when touring the showroom were very informative and answered all of my questions and concerns. I could tell they were committed to selling me safety and not worried about the profits. They were all genuinely vested in my peace of mind, safety, and satisfaction. The installation crew arrived at my home on time, ready to work. They were very friendly and personable, but didn't not stray from the job. They kept the work area very tidy and removed all rubbish from the work site. Overall, the total installation took about 3-4 hours. It was a great experience, and something I cherish having in my home read less
- Aristocrat Remodeling and Design LLCIt was an amazing experience. The house was built in 1987 and it now looks like a brand new home. The work was done in a professional capacity with quality work and materials. I felt as though he was working on his own home. He did such an amazing job that I am going to use him to get my house ready for sale. I love the house read less
- Rhodes ConstructionWe had a great experience. Rhodes carefully explained the shelters that were available and showed us examples of two of them. We were able to set up installation dates very quickly. The workmen came when promised, and they were very careful and polite. They cleaned up very well as they went along and then again when they finished read less
- Butler Builders JR Butler IncDo look at other homes builders have completed. Talk to homeowners - not just one but several - because just face it some people are never happy with anything.
- Lewis & Son Roofing & ConstructionThe best .....from the very start of providing us with an estimate, the presentation was professionally done. We even had the opportunity to view the shingles we had selected prior to installation and ended up changing our minds when we looked at them on site at their office/warehouse.There were no hidden fees or add-ons. No secrets. The service was great, the workers worked hard both days (large steep roof) and the project lead checked in frequently to make sure we had no concerns or to answer questions. These guys know what they are doing, and are focused on doing the absolute best job. Neighbors have commented since the roof was installed on how our home looks like new. Shane Lewis you are the best, and Paco (hope spelling is correct) you are too as well. I highly recommend this company. You will not be let down. Wish more companies around were as true and professional as these guys. Thumbs Up!! We will also be using them to build a detached garage for us in the future read less
- Rhodes ConstructionThey showed up a couple weeks early because they had an opening to install my new storm shelter so I jumped at it. They worked that Friday but could not finish since a dumpster was not available so they had to come back the next day to finish up which threw my schedule off a little bit. It was not the end of the world though. The shelter looks good and was the best price around I could find read less
- Lifesaver Storm Shelters of North AlabamaDanny Robertson and his crew arrived promptly around 9:45 am and finished the work within about 2 hours and 30 minutes. Danny and his crew were very professional and the work was done well. There were absolutely no problems or issues. We are very satisfied.
- Affordable Cabins & ShedsBoth the owner, Marty, and his crew were a pleasure to deal with. They returned phone calls and emails in a timely manner, showed up on time, worked hard and when all was said and done I received exactly what I expected for a very fair price. I would heartily recommend them.
Garage Builders in Scottsboro
- Business Description:We have over 55 years experience in construction. We pride ourselves on our safety, customer satisfaction, and attention to detail. Our work includes pour in place concrete, foundation, concrete footers, driveways, pour in place walls, basketball courts, decorative finishes, everything HVAC (heating and cooling), wood and composite decks, pole barns, barndominiums, wood fencing, privacy fencing, chain link fencing, tree removal, welding, re-models, and so much more. There is no project to .. read lessRecent Review:Our heat went out due to the weather and he came o it and fixed our heat fast. His service was wonderful so we ended up hiring him for cabinet remodels and they turned out amazing!! Will definitely recommend to friends and family read lessSavannah B.
- Business Description:Over 10 years experience doing new construction, Remodeling, Decks and home repairs. We guarantee your satisfaction and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Check out our services offered and call or click to schedule an estimate today read lessRecent Review:Excellent. Ryan was on time every day, had professional knowledge, friendly and courteous. Finished the job right on time.Regina C.
- Business Description:Lepard Roofing has been serving Northwest Georgia and the surrounding areas for 20 years, we do all types of roof installation and repair. Call today!METAL ROOFS AND SHINGLE ROOFS. Additional email - email@example.com read lessRecent Review:They delivered materials very quickly after choosing color and work was done very professionally and in a timely manner. The crew cleaned up when finished. This company was recommended to me and I would recommend them to anyone read lessRenee Y.
- Business Description:We do not manufacture windows or doors for homes nor do we use Insulated glass. Strafford Window Mfg. manufacturers custom wood windows for barns, sheds, stables, pool houses, cabin, porches and interior applications in the home. Our windows are made of all wood and single strength glass. Call for pricing on Tempered glass. Strafford Window MFG. manufactures Sashes, Transoms, Single Hung Window Units, Hopper Window Units, Fixed Window Units and Screens read lessRecent Review:These windows are solid, well built and look great. I will be ordering more for my house.Don P.
- Business Description:I built my first house when I was just 18 years old. Since then, my passion for building and remodeling is the single most competitive advantage I have. Passion and dedication for excellence is what makes Don Thomas Construction stand out. I have been in business for over 20 years and specialize in residential construction. Your home is your castle, your safe haven, your place to rest, relax and refresh. It not only provides you with shelter and security, but is also a representation of who y.. read lessRecent Review:The estimate process has been good with him and he's been great to work with so far and he has had great ideas.Gary C.
- Business Description:Licensed home builder specializing in roofing repairs and complete roof installationsRecent Review:It was an amazing work. Clark is always available, very professional and I cannot say enough good about him. I recommend him highly.GAIL M.
- Business Description:The owners of A-Z Roofing & Contracting, LLC have been serving the general construction and roofing needs of the Alabama and Tennessee businesses and residents for well over 20 years. We do not offer Electrical or Plumbing services. We pride ourselves on developing a long term relationship with our customers, listening to their needs and then suggesting the proper course of action; be it insurance claims, additions, preventive maintenance, repair or replacement. We use only the highest qualit.. read lessRecent Review:They came out and then I never heard back from them with the estimate.Chad S.
- Recent Review:Rick seemed great at first and we really looked forward to working with him. We paid him $1000 to start. Then he hired contractors to do his work. They arrived, did some dry wall for a few days and never finished the job. A week later we asked him what was going on and didn't hear from him. He finally told us that his brother would be contacting us to finish the job but again this did not happen. It's been almost a month and Rick said he would be refunding us $800. Again this has not happened and he is continuing to tell us that he is waiting for next week or another payment to come in read lessJessica S.
- Business Description:At Adams Home Repair quality is are first concern. We want you to become a happy customer that will call on us again for your home repair or improvement needs. We endeavor to keep our rates competitive. We complete most projects using are own staff read lessRecent Review:Painting was not good, it has not been a year and the paint is already coming off of my porches, tried to contact company but he did not respond back.Patricia D.
- Business Description:Full service residential general contractingRecent Review:While the quality of work was above average that is the only positive attribute of this company. The job was supposed to be completed on 15 August and was not finished until the end of October. The owner failed to communicate to us that he would not be completed as per the contract and became belligerent when we questioned him as to why the job wouldn’t be completed as per the contract and when he was going to actually complete the job. We had to subcontract out parts of the job he was responsible for, the shower in the bathroom and the granite countertops, because he failed to make coordination and despite having been paid roughly 95% of the contracted amount claimed he didn’t have the money to pay for the subcontracted work. We contacted him and told him the cabinet door was broke in the bathroom and when he came out he took a door that wasn’t broken. When we told him the cabinet door he took wasn’t broken he reinstalled the one he took (which we noticed was broken) and took the original door that was broken. We contacted him, told him the door he reinstalled was broke, and he agreed to fix both doors and reinstall them by 17 December. 17 December came and went and I contacted him the next day and he told me no way could he repair the doors and instead of having the doors repaired and reinstalled on 17 December he could not do the repair until after the new year. I told him my frustration is he never communicates when he knows he’s going to be late and it is never his fault and he always has an excuse. I also told him despite the amount of money we paid him I spent a whole weekend doing finishing work that I believed he was responsible for. At this point he cursed me out and told me I could get the cabinet doors and he WAS NOT going to fix the cabinet doors as he originally agreed to do. He now tells me I have to go to his residence in Huntsville and pick the doors despite the location of the job being in New Market. He has pictures posted on his business Facebook page that clearly shows a broken cabinet door and despite telling him I didn’t give him permission to post any pictures of my home and I would appreciate if he removed the pictures he responded “I’m not removing anything from my page that’s my work, the only thing I’m removing from my pages is you. They are outside the front door now pick up anytime you feel like. I don’t know who the **** you think you are demanding I take my pictures off my page, unless I get a court order saying I have to, **** off a_ _hole.” Another post from the owner to me that shows how unprofessional he is “...Don’t fu_ with me Craig, 60% of my work is repeat customers...” He claimed he spent $8,000 more on our job than what we paid him (which by the way was never mentioned until we started asking why he couldn’t complete the job on the date he CHOSE) and couldn’t or wouldn’t provide any receipts that showed a cost overrun. If you want a contractor who is unprofessional, belligerent, fails to complete the job on time, refuses to provide receipts for work/materials, refuses to do what he says, asks for additional money despite being paid as per the contract, fails to take ownership of the job, and fails to properly coordinate for subcontractors, then CCMD is the business for you. This is a follow on to my post of 26 December that show the unprofessional demeanor of the business owner. Notice how he is using foul language in his responses, which by the way were on his business Facebook page. If anyone would like a full text of the messages between the owner and me just send me a message I will be more than happy to share read lessCraig G.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful garage builder articles
If you’ve ever wondered what precisely a pole barn is, you’re about to find out. Not many know the advantages and disadvantages to the cost, construction style, and flexibility of building one on your own or hiring a contractor for the job.
The garage floor supports your vehicle in your home, so when it starts to crack or stain, it’s something you’ll want to address ASAP. Using this guide, you’ll learn about how the cost to replace a garage floor depends on a few key factors.
Find garage builders in
- Flat Rock
- New Market
- New Hope
- South Pittsburg
garage builders in Scottsboro
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- 2 Cousins Roofing & Framing2904 winfrey Dr
- 2 Cousins Roofing & Framing
- A&D Painting and Remodeling414 Jefferson St F-618
- A-Z Roofing & Contracting LLC2350 Joe Quick Rd
New Market, Alabama
- Adam Bullock Construction2440 Deere Rd
- Adams Home Repair7237 Old Railroad Bed Rd
- Alabama Handyman (R)256 Criscoe Cir
Union Grove, Alabama
- All American Sprinklers, Landscaping & Curbing3561 County Road 214
- All Needs Construction116 Peter Ln.
New Hope, Alabama
- All Season Service's133 View dr.
- Anderson Remodeling & Construction101 Featherstone Lane
Hampton Cove, Alabama
- A&D Painting and Remodeling
- Barnes Custom Cabinets25974 Watson Lane
- BestLine Fence575 Naugher Road
- Bestway Construction Group, LLC191 Darwin Road
- Better Builders Construction14016 Galveston Cir.
- Better Built Homes of Alabama Inc.5116 Colemont Lane
- Beyond Nail Spa97 Hughes Rd STE C
- BOBBY TERRY CO110 ROBYN ST
- Brick & Birch134 Springview Lane
- Brown painting & repair6008 Hollow Rd NW
- Budget Roofs & Restoration LLC6610 Old Madison Pike NW
- Butler Builders JR Butler Inc2518 Elliot Ave
- Barnes Custom Cabinets
- Campbell Siding258 Nix Rd
Hazel Green, Alabama
- Cantrell Contracting LLC76 Lewis Dr
- Champion Home Remodeling & Construction Inc265 Royal Drive
- Charlie's Construction4301 Huntsville rd. 00
- Christopher Home Maintenance Svc133 Baker street
New Hope, Alabama
- Clean Carpentry153 marysa drive
- Click Construction313 Woody Rd
New Hope, Alabama
- Colby Phillips Construction209 S Jefferson St Suite 1001
- Construction, Consulting, Management and Design9204 Valley Lane
- Cooper Building & Roofing Co.3000 6th Ave
- Cornerstone Communities, LLCPO Box 834
Hazel Green, Alabama
- CrossTek Roofing3077 Leeman Ferry Rd SW Suite I
- Campbell Siding
- DAVID COLLINS CONSTRUCTION141 MATT PHILLIPS RD NW
- DC Home Building and Remodeling
- Distinctive Remodeling
- Dixie Land Steel Building Contractor21149 Sharp Rd.
- Don Thomas Construction Inc26760 Newby Rd
- Doyle & Sons Construction109 Derrick Drive
- Duke Electric LLCPO Box 556
- Durham Design Build3322 Memorial Pkwy SW Ste 215
- DAVID COLLINS CONSTRUCTION
- Elders Handyman Services706 Broad St
- Elders Handyman Services
- Fitzgerald & Beck Roofing & Construction891 W Limestone Rd
Hazel Green, Alabama
- Fitzgerald & Beck Roofing & Construction
- GGC Construction, LLC6418 Green Meadow Rd. NW
- Glenn Hall Construction155 Vicki Ln
Owens Cross Roads, Alabama
- GREAT AMERICAN DOORP O Box 2507
- Green Acres Landscaping and Construction391 Oakland Rd.
- Ground Zero Storm Shelters4600 Independence Rd
- GGC Construction, LLC
- M&M construction and Home Improvements
- Maddux Built Homes LLC.7002 Eagle Park Cir SE
Owens Cross Roads, Alabama
- Master Built Construction2130 Meridian Street NW
- McBride's Masonry
- McLin Builders
- Mires Roofing & ConstructionPO Box 5
- MR FIXIT HANDYMAN SVC1909 HARRISON ST SE
- M&M construction and Home Improvements
- Painting & More10312 Picadilly Lane SW
- persle tile and renovations18 korgan ave
Laceys Spring, Alabama
- Pinnalce Home Improvements2007 Milam Ave
- Precision Enterprise2918 Meridian Street
- PREMIER STRUCTURES INC2311 HINE ST S
- Primeland Construction Company207 Franklin Ave N
- ProBuilt Construction & Remodeling, LLC7531 Alabama 53
- Providence Safe Rooms Inc3608 Old Hickory Blvd
Old Hickory, Tennessee
- Painting & More
- Safe-T-ShelterUnit 126, 1301 Industrial Dr.
- Scoggins Construction. I, LLCP.O. Box 11008
- Setom Construction, LLC1499 Winchester Rd. NE
- SIMS Construction Services4800 Whiteburg Drive Ste 30-145
- Stone Bridge Homes141 Meadowcrest Drive
- Stor-Mor Portable Buildings1104 Paris Rd
- Strafford Window Manufacturing, Inc.168 Roller Coaster Road
Strafford, New Hampshire
- Stubblefield Land Development315 Carlton Road
- Tony Griffin Construction, Inc.8778 Hwy 40
- Tony Griffin Construction, Inc.
- Vandergriff ConstructionP.O. Box 842
- Vandergriff Construction
- Workman Concrete Construction 185 Bolton Rd
- Workman Concrete Construction