What is chain link fencing, anyway? Chain link fencing has a lot to offer, so consider this option when installing a fence on your property.
Get matched with top fence contractors in Opelika, AL
There are 9 highly-rated local fence companies.
Matching on Angi
Recent Fence Installation Contractor Reviews in Opelika
- Affordable Fencing Solutions LLCAffordable Fencing installed a six foot privacy fence with two gates. Started and finished on time. Reasonable cost. They even customized gate closures for my needs. Crew was friendly, professional and cleaned up. Great customer service! Highly recommend.
- Blackmon Fence CompanyI called Blackmon Fence Company to get estimate for a wood privacy fence. They came out the same day and had an estimate to me within 24 hrs. They started the job the next day, and finished within a couple days. We are very happy with the work they did, and will definitely use them in future for any fencing needs we may have
- Blackmon Fence CompanyThey installed my privacy fence and were a pleasure to work with. They were the first respond and to arrive for an estimate and quickly got the job done when I needed it. Very professional, on time, and affordable. Would recommend.
- Affordable Fencing Solutions LLCHank & Tanner were awesome to work with. The job was outstanding. From start to finish, a great product & experience.
- Affordable Fencing Solutions LLCFrom start to finish, the service provided by Affordable Fencing was outstanding! I could not be happier with their administration, financing, customer service, installation, and followup. They were always punctual and responded to my inquiries and questions immediately. I will use them again when needed
- Blackmon Fence CompanyRespectful, professional and hard working guys. The fence went up smoothly and turned out better than I imagined it. They worked through rain and stayed past dark to meet their deadline. Job well done
- Energy Savers of Georgia IncJeremy did an excellent job, was professional and courteous, price was fair, repair was completed in a timely manner and I was made aware of services that will save me money. I recommend Jeremy and Energy Savers, and will use them again.
- Blackmon Fence CompanyThey came out and built a very nice privacy fence in my back yard. They were professional & timely - would recommend.
- River City Patio And GardenFantastic. Kevin and his crew have been awesome. They created 4 hardscaped tiers on the hill and installed a paver patio at the top and landscaped with interesting plants. They even re-routed some fencing that even 7 different fence companies said they couldn't / wouldn't do. They kept the workspace clean and clear the entire project. Responsive and professional. Highly, highly recommended
- KC FencingGreat job! Very Professional on time and completed when he said. Cleaned up daily. Would definately use him again.
Last update on February 3, 2023
Fence Contractors in Opelika, AL
Explore our Solution Center for helpful fence installation articles
Wood, aluminum, vinyl, wrought iron, and chain-link are all common fence materials. Each material has different privacy, security, and aesthetic qualities. Consider these tips when choosing the best fence for you and your yard.
If your metal railings need a makeover, wrought iron paint can work wonders. Here’s how to prep and paint your wrought iron railings in five steps.
Find fence companies in
- Smiths Station,
- West Point,
- Phenix City,
- Camp Hill,
- Fort Benning,
- Fort Mitchell,
- Pine Mountain,
Fence Companies in Opelika, AL
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- American Roofing & Vinyl Siding Inc41 S Main St
Statesboro, Georgia 30458
- American Roofing & Vinyl Siding Inc
- KC Fencing34 Lee Road 574
Smiths Station, Alabama 36877
- KC Fencing
- Lance Of All Trades328 Lee Road 255
Salem, Alabama 36874
- Lance Of All Trades
- McBride-McGill, Inc.2505 Crawford Rd
Phenix City, Alabama 36867
- McBride-McGill, Inc.
- Nolin Fence & Deck Co3758 Opelika Rd
Phenix City, Alabama 36870
- Nolin Fence & Deck Co
- Strong Fence2910 N. Walnut
Columbus, Georgia 31909
- Strong Fence
- The Ultimate Handyman4649 Boston Ivy Dr
Fortson, Georgia 31808
- The Ultimate Handyman
- United Fence Company Inc4836 Miller Rd
Columbus, Georgia 31909
- United Fence Company Inc
Fencing contractors that service Opelika
How much does it cost to install a fence?
Answer: The average cost to install a fence is $2,600. A variety of factors will impact the overall cost of fencing installation, such as the length of the fence, the materials you choose, and local labor costs. Fencing projects using the lowest cost materials and with lower labor costs can cost as little as $1 to $6 per linear foot, while projects using the highest cost materials and with higher labor costs may be as high as $15 to $45.
Do I need a permit to build a fence around a yard?
Answer: Whether you’ll need a permit to build a fence around your yard will depend on your city or county's local codes. Many metropolitan and suburban areas require a permit to install most fencing, but they may not for fences situated behind a house as opposed to in front of it or fences that don’t run within a certain distance of the road. To find out if you’ll need a permit to fence your yard, reach out directly to your local government office.
What is the cheapest fence to install?
Answer: The cheapest fencing to install is chain-link fencing. Chain-link fencing is typically cheaper than other fence types because the materials cost less, and installation is generally quicker and easier than other options. Chain-link fencing is affordable, easy to install, and low maintenance. However, it’s usually considered less secure than other options and doesn’t increase resale value as much as fences made of different materials.
Is a wood or vinyl fence cheaper?
Answer: Wood fences are generally cheaper than the cost of vinyl fences. While the cost of materials for wood and vinyl fences is usually very similar, the labor cost associated with installing a vinyl fence is higher. Wood fencing is also easier to install than vinyl fencing, making it possible to save money by making wood fence installation a DIY project. It’s also possible to DIY install a vinyl fence.
What is the life expectancy of a vinyl fence?
Answer: Vinyl fencing can be expected to last between 10 and 30 years. Vinyl fencing is generally low maintenance, but proper care will ensure it lasts as long as possible. Its long life span and high return on investment make vinyl fencing a popular option for many homeowners.
What type of fence adds to the property value?
Answer: Installing quality fencing, no matter the fence type, will generally add value to your property. In general, fences made of longer-lasting, lower-maintenance, and more attractive materials—like wrought-iron, composite, or vinyl—add more value to a property than fences made of lower-cost or less attractive materials, like chain-link. To ensure your fencing adds as much value to your home as possible, be sure it’s properly permitted, approved by your homeowners association (if you have one), and installed properly.