Building a new home is thrilling for sure, but don’t let avoidable mistakes get in the way of hosting the perfect housewarming party. Learn about common mistakes owners make during the entire building process so you can look forward to move-in day.
Get matched with top home builders in Huntsville, AL
There are 11 highly-rated local home builders.
Recent Home Builder Reviews in Huntsville
- Bobby's Home ImprovementOkay so my boyfriend worked here. He worked hard for in and out over a month, when it come pay check time, he always had a accuse. My bf stopped working, we have tried now to get his check, and we still have not gotten his pay check, I find that as a man your word is all you have in life, my bf wasn't always on the correct path in life, he got outta jail, landed this job, and thought he was doing good, this company owes us right at 800.00 dollars and want pay us, this isn't the only person done this way. Bobby also is on drugs, do not work for this company you will never see your pay check
- McMunn Construction LLCGave estimate and then went to work. Work was done on time and addition work problems were explained and cost give. The service was very good and the work quality was excellent.
- McMunn Construction LLCMy husband and I were absolutely satisfied with all work performed. Had it not been for my husband having had major complications from a recent back surgery we would have done this work ourselves since my husband is a perfectionist. Mr McMunn always showed up when he said he would which really goes a long way to build a good relationship with a customer. All work was done professionally and in a timely manner. He went to great trouble to blend the texture on the ceiling and did a fantastic job. My picky husband was pleased but I think I was more so since I didn't have to be the helper on this job. Truly a top notch professional
- McMunn Construction LLCThe commode valve in the master bathroom failed while we were out of town, so full water pressure was "watering" the house for two days or so. After another service came initially to dry things out but ultimately pulled up most of the subfloor to the floor joints, McMunn Construction came in for the restoration work. It was more restoration than remodeling, although we did upgrade here and there in the process (flooring throughout, master bathroom vanity and counter top, master bathroom shower, and replaced 15 year-old water heater). Roger and his crew were always a pleasure to work with; quite accommodating, very polite, and responsive to phone calls or emails. There was always someone working when someone was scheduled to work. When it came to sheetrock work, they didn't hesitate to do a little extra repair in other locations when asked. In the utility room, there was one wall that had growth records for our three children which they cut out for us (so that we could otherwise preserve it when the room was repainted) and replaced at no extra charge. I appreciate very much the solution to provide additional wall support that was needed due to the subfloor replacement. Repair took several weeks longer than the anticipated three weeks or so, but it was not the fault of McMunn Construction. While some of the delay is attributable to two of McMunn's subcontractors (both involved in supplying and installing the upgraded shower), most of the delay was due to 1) our tying together the new shower wall with a new vanity countertop, and 2) multiple problems with getting a new vanity in a timely manner, which was our responsibility. Price was quite reasonable. Although we did spend more than what insurance covered, the extra is attributable to the upgraded flooring, upgraded shower and vanity and its countertop, and replacing the water heater. For me to award an "A" in quality, practically every detail including finish work, would have to be perfect, and that would be hard to find in most contractors. So, there were a few things, particularly in finishing work, that were not "perfect," but nothing to "get all tore up about." We replaced much of the flooring with ceramic tile, and McMunn's "tile guy, " Tony, did an excellent job. So, I came close to awarding an "A" for quality for McMunn overall, but it's certainly a strong "B." Again, Roger and his crew were very responsive. If a problem was evident (e.g., omitting a place in the utility room floor for heating/AC vent and for the dryer vent even after the ceramic tile was in), they responded very well to rectify that. Not that this was a problem at all with McMunn Construction, just keep in mind when using any contractor, to have the work that's needed to be done clearly defined including details that you might tend to assume will be provided
- McMunn Construction LLCPoorly Signed and paid installment on June 10, 2020. Broke ground mid July. Was supposed to be done by September 15th 2020. He walked off the job in Jan 2021. Didnt pay his subs and sent a letter for us to sign to take on responsibility for paying his subs. Had to fix the concrete floor so flooring could be reinstalled. Still isn’t right Sent a second letter threatening to put a lien on our house because we wouldnt sign his ridiculous letter taking on paying subs. There isn’t enough money left to finish the job anyway. Much less pay the subs he should have paid. He doesn’t respond. Wont warranty his work. Left cracks in the ceiling, molding undone. Flooring still at issue, We have never tried to rush them or get on them at all about anything. He didn’t put a dumpster on property right away and left piles of trash in the backyard for months. No port a potty. So yellow Gatorade bottles were found. It goes on and on To top it off the addition is for my elderly mother who has Alzheimer’s and has had nothing but stress over this. We have already paid out of pocket over 12k. They weren’t even able to move three existing windows and install them properly so that the custom blinds could be reinstalled. The size of the opening for doors is not correct so adaptations will be needed to finish the shorty work they are passing of as complete. I went with them, not because they were the cheapest. Because they were not. But because of good reviews. So I sadly put this out there to protect others from their deceitful ways. I noticed other better business bureau complaints that occurred after we had started our project. Beware. You have been warne
- North Alabama BuildersBrent, Ben, and Joe all did a great job in removing our old windows and installing our new windows. They were very professional and considerate. They did a good job of communicating with us as to when they would be there and as to how they would perform the work. Ben did an excellent job of making sure that we were happy with how the windows were installed, how the trim (brake-work) looked, and answering all of our questions. They worked a partial day on 5/25 (set-up day and installed three windows). They installed most other windows and began installing metal trim on 5/26. On 5/27, they installed the last window and finished metal trim installation. These guys do all types of construction and remodeling work. I will definitely consider using them for any future work, and would highly recommend them to others
- Wilson's home repairEverthing looks perfect and would recommend him to anyone!! Did an outstanding job on my door frame!!
- Welcome Home Construction, LLCWelcome Home Construction repaired a large deck and installed new tongue and groove boards in the ceiling of an existing porch. They were able to devise a solution to repair an existing support for the deck, and did a very good job of replacing all decking. They did an excellent job of fitting and trimming the new ceiling boards for the porch, enhancing the appearance of the area. All workmen were courteous and professional and kept the area clean at the end of each day. Mr. Joyner maintained frequent oversight of the work, and was always available to answer questions. We would not hesitate to call him for future work
- Winner Team Construction, INC.In the end I wasn't able to obtain the financing required to use Winner Team Construction's services, though if I had I would have used their general contracting services to do the job.
- Helton Inc. Custom Home BuilderAs someone who grew up around construction, I knew that the only way we would get the kind of quality we wanted in a home was to build one ourselves. After interviewing multiple contractors, Mr Tim Helton was the obvious choice. From our first meeting, he exceeded all of my expectations. He was happy to join us on meetings with the drafters as well as to evaluate any land purchases we considered and give us his professional opinion. His extensive experience was an invaluable asset throughout the buying, designing, construction loan, and building process. I personally visited the building site almost daily and he was always quick to answer any questions I had. We incorporated some design changes during the build which were handled quickly and exactly as requested. There were never any unexpected charges or fees as he always made sure we understood all of our options before decisions were made. Mr Helton excels at communication. He is always thorough and always makes himself available. We had many late meetings to accommodate our work schedules. I was also amazed at the relationship he has with his teams and suppliers. Mr Helton demands the best from the people working for him and they respect him for it. Any time we had a problem, we could talk to him and he’d handle it. When Mr Helton says he will take care of something, you can rest assured, it is going to be handled. He was always there to give his professional advice, time, and help. He even went above and beyond to help us with third parties we worked with. Even going so far as to redo part of our encapsulated crawlspace when we had trouble with our termite bond a year after moving in. Mr Helton is a special breed of person. He is trustworthy, honest, great at communication and takes extreme pride is his work. We have now lived in our magnificent home for over a year. He has gone above and beyond to ensure that we are thrilled with our home and that everything from beginning to end has gone smoothly. He is the only builder I know that returns after one year, not only to honor warranty, but to fix any and every minor imperfection or nail pop that resulted from the new home settling and drying out. We have received endless compliments on everything from the beauty and craftsmanship of the house to how perfectly smooth the drywall and trim are. If you are looking closely, you can find details that I would have never even considered. Every inch, finish, and detail is treated with the utmost care. I’ve been beyond proud to show off my home and would (and have) recommend Helton Inc to anyone. We plan to build a guest house on our property in a few years and I won’t consider anyone else for the job. We have been blessed to have found the best builder in the business
House Builders in Huntsville
- Business Description:We have over 55 years experience in construction. We pride ourselves on our safety, customer satisfaction, and attention to detail. Our work includes pour in place concrete, foundation, concrete footers, driveways, pour in place walls, basketball courts, decorative finishes, everything HVAC (heating and cooling), wood and composite decks, pole barns, barndominiums, wood fencing, privacy fencing, chain link fencing, tree removal, welding, re-models, and so much more. There is no project to ..Recent Review:Our heat went out due to the weather and he came o it and fixed our heat fast. His service was wonderful so we ended up hiring him for cabinet remodels and they turned out amazing!! Will definitely recommend to friends and familySavannah B.
- Business Description:Licenced General Contractor specializing only in foundation repair and structural failures.Recent Review:It went well. I now feel reassured that weight added in remodeling will be adequately supported.Dana B.
- Business Description:Residential Remodel and Custom Whole HomesRecent Review:It was good and the workers were very reliable.Courtney R.
- Business Description:L.A. Septics focuses on septic tank pumping, replacement and repair. We also specialize in replacing field lines and installing french drains. In business since 1997, we pride ourselves on high quality work and customer satisfaction. We are proud to have earned several blue ribbons from the "Parade of Homes" for our accomplishments.Recent Review:Hli inc. was very professional and work was performed in a timely manner. They made my dream a realization my addition looks great and brings beauty to my home. I'm very pleased and would recommend them for all your handy man an remodel needsQuinatta P.
- Business Description:I built my first house when I was just 18 years old. Since then, my passion for building and remodeling is the single most competitive advantage I have. Passion and dedication for excellence is what makes Don Thomas Construction stand out. I have been in business for over 20 years and specialize in residential construction. Your home is your castle, your safe haven, your place to rest, relax and refresh. It not only provides you with shelter and security, but is also a representation of who y..Recent Review:The service was good. They got it done really quick. They were on time and professional.Tyler B.
- Business Description:We are a locally owned & operated contractor that you can trust, and our reviews reflect that. We have thousands of satisfied customers, offer FREE Storm Damage Inspection, and you will have no out of pockets costs until the work is complete. We can assist you in working with your insurance claim to expedite repairs, are licensed, bonded, and insured, and are certified and trained in storm damage repairs.Recent Review:The folks at QE Restoration did a great job replacing our roof. They handled everything with the insurance company and assured the work was done on time with minimal inconvenience to us and little disruption to our property. Working with any contractor can be a difficult experience. Thanks for making ours a very pleasant experienceRob P.
- Business Description:Over 35 years experience. We're not finished until you are satisfied!Recent Review:They were professional, fast, and did a great job. They cleaned up after themselves and were very nice to my dog lol. I highly recommend them.Cynthia W.
- Business Description:***PLEASE CALL ME DIRECTLY AT 205-296-1993*** We have 30 + years of Building Inspection and Residential Remodeling experience in North/Central Alabama. Our inspection services include: Home, Stucco, EIFS, Asbestos and Mold inspections . We serve homeowners, home builders, general contractors, insurance companies, interior decorators and real estate agents using professional software, craftsmanship and quality materials. Contact us today! We are happy to answer your questions and provide free ..Recent Review:Chuck is the most knowledgeable person i have found. He was Suggested be a realtor and was fantastic at explaining how to handle repairing. .PAUL P.
- Business Description:We have the experience and dedication to bring your dreams to reality! We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We offer complete remodeling and new construction services. We also specialize in roofing repairs and siding replacement/installation! Call or click to schedule a free estimate todayRecent Review:The crew did a great job replacing my old deck. I appreciated the design ideas. The guys were hard working and nice to me and my dogs!Virginia K.
- Business Description:At Don Kennedy and Sons our mission is to provide safe, effective, and professional residential and commercial property moving solutions, together with the services that are needed to keep the base of the building safe, dry, and secure. Whether this means installing special systems to keep moisture out, or adding pier supports to ensure structural integrity of a building or home - we can help. Our services include: -house moving -foundation settlement repair -waterproofing systems -crawl ..Recent Review:Although I did not purchase the Duralook material for my patio, I might for my pool area later. I was impressed with their professionalism, they were on time for three meetings and had a state of the art mobile computer system to show work for the bid. As a female client, I was treated very respectfully and and business like. I recommend them for anyone who needs their type service and special type materials. As far as some of the negative reviews below, the Company had a former employee who no longer works for them, that could have contributed to past issues. I recommend giving them a chance to give an Estimate for the work you needMrs R.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful home builder articles
What is it about chalet-style homes that feel so inviting and cozy? This article features a history of chalet-style homes, outlines its benefits, details key design elements, and shows how to incorporate a chalet-style design in your home.
How much does it cost to demolish a house? Average prices for demolition vary based on home size, materials, and location. A partial demolition can make a project more affordable than a full house demolition. Keep reading for more.
Find home builders in
- Owens Cross Roads
- Big Cove
- Hampton Cove
- Laceys Spring
- New Hope
- Hazel Green
- New Market
home builders in Huntsville
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- Adams Home Repair7237 Old Railroad Bed Rd
- ADAMS HOMES111 TERRACOTTA LN
- ADAMS HOMES112 OAK SHADE DR
- ADAMS HOMES132 POTTERS WHEEL
- ADAMS HOMES101 MILLSIDE LN
- ADAMS HOMES LLC204 COLDSPRINGS DR
- ADAMS HOMES LLC111 TALLMADGE CT SW
- ADAMS HOMES LLC8191 MADISON BLVD
- Advanced Home Solutions LLC1335 Manley Rd
New Market, Alabama
- AGAPE BUILDERS1057 Sovereign Ct
- Alexander Framing and Remodeling14002 Baymont Dr
- Allsouth Custom Home Builders LLC1208 McClung Ave SE
- American Pillars Contracting, LLC.4355 Cobb Pkwy
- Anderson Remodeling & Construction101 Featherstone Lane
Hampton Cove, Alabama
- Aspen HomesPO Box 460
- Adams Home Repair
- B&K Construction(LLC)159 Manning Rd
New Market, Alabama
- B&T Drywall1800 Mackies Rd
- Backyard Paradise Inc62 Bunker Dr
- Baker Homes and Remodeling1858 Eva Rd
- Barnes Custom Cabinets25974 Watson Lane
- BASSCO112A CELTIC DR
- Bestway Construction Group, LLC191 Darwin Road
- Better Built Homes of Alabama Inc.5116 Colemont Lane
- Beyond Nail Spa97 Hughes Rd STE C
- BG Catron Construction1315 Fletcher St NW
- BLT INC3311 8TH AVE SW
- Bobby Lynn Services1003 Vicksburg Lane
- BOBBY TERRY CO110 ROBYN ST
- Bobby's Home Improvement311 Suncrest Rd
- Bonnie Sokolowski RE/MAX Distinctive7618 S. Memorial Pkwy
- BOWER'S PLUMBING COMPANY INCORPORATED2265 CARTERS GIN RD NW
- BRANUM CONTRACTING INC1008 Hampton Fall Blvd Apt 1213
- BRIAN BROWN CONSTRUCTION857 mt oak dr
- Brick & Birch134 Springview Lane
- Bridge Masters LLC9709 Manassas Drive
- Brown painting & repair6008 Hollow Rd NW
- BSI Brick Masonry & Chimney Repair17023 Hall rd
- Burnett Roofing & Construction LLC406 Austinville Flint Rd SW
- Butler Builders JR Butler Inc2518 Elliot Ave
- B&K Construction(LLC)
- C & C PROPERTIES LLC844 CR 354
- C&D Construction
- Campbell Siding258 Nix Rd
Hazel Green, Alabama
- Cantrell Contracting LLC76 Lewis Dr
- Carlistle Builders1057 Soverign Court
- Carlton & Company63 Darryl Rd
- Carter's remodeling and roofing84 Frazier Rd
- Case Construction Company LLC2234 California Street
- CGS Construction LLC24910 Pepper Rd
- Champion Home Remodeling & Construction Inc265 Royal Drive
- Charlie's Construction4301 Huntsville rd. 00
- Clean Carpentry153 marysa drive
- Click Construction313 Woody Rd
New Hope, Alabama
- Commonwealth Construction LLC.219 South Third Street
- Construction, Consulting, Management and Design9204 Valley Lane
- Corbin's Your Indoor Air Quality Specialist21800 US Hwy 431 N
- Cornerstone Communities, LLCPO Box 834
Hazel Green, Alabama
- Coy's Enterprise7288 County Road 87
- CrossTek Roofing3077 Leeman Ferry Rd SW Suite I
- C & C PROPERTIES LLC
- D&D Wholesales and Construction Co.2714 E Main St
- Davenport Agents1806 University Dr NW
- DAVID COLLINS CONSTRUCTION141 MATT PHILLIPS RD NW
- DC Home Building and Remodeling
- DEWAYNE SMITH CONSTRUCTION1829 ANDERSON RIDGE RD
- Distinctive Remodeling
- Dixie Land Steel Building Contractor21149 Sharp Rd.
- Don Kennedy & Sons Structural Solutions7201 Stringfield Rd NW
- Don Thomas Construction Inc26760 Newby Rd
- DOWN TO EARTH CONSTRUCTION538 OLD WINCHESTER RD
New Market, Alabama
- Doyle & Sons Construction109 Derrick Drive
- Duke Electric LLCPO Box 556
- Durable Designs30030 Hwy 72 W
- Durham Design Build3322 Memorial Pkwy SW Ste 215
- DUST FAIRIES175 OLD GURLEY PIKE
- Dustless Hardwood Refinishing8572 Co Rd 1082
- DYCUS CONSTRUCTION105 CHURCH ST G
- Dynabilt TechnologiesPO Box 726
- D&D Wholesales and Construction Co.
- Elders Handyman Services706 Broad St
- Elite Construction LLC23844 Thach Rd
- Energy Wise Home Improvement115 Mossy Branch Dr.
- ENFINGER DEVELOPMENT8624 MEMORIAL PKWY SW
- Environmental Testing & Research Laboratories, Inc60 Elm Hill Ave. Suite 1
- Elders Handyman Services
- GGC Construction, LLC6418 Green Meadow Rd. NW
- Glenn Hall Construction155 Vicki Ln
Owens Cross Roads, Alabama
- GOBBLE-FITE LUMBER CO302 WILSON ST NW
- GREAT AMERICAN DOORP O Box 2507
- Green Acres Landscaping and Construction391 Oakland Rd.
- Ground Up Alabama200 Lime Quarry Rd
- GGC Construction, LLC
- Hamlin Homes LLC18289 Newby Chapel Rd
- Harbaugh & Sons Construction507 Cleveland Ave NW
- Helton Inc. Custom Home Builder828 SW Rockhouse Road
- Hill Properties and Construction1411 Brookline Ave SW 21
- Hollis Kennedy House Movers23165 Kennedy Rd.
- Home Masters LLC127 Hazel Trace
Hazel Green, Alabama
- Hamlin Homes LLC