Wood, aluminum, vinyl, wrought iron, and chain-link are all common fence materials. Each material has different privacy, security, and aesthetic qualities. Consider these tips when choosing the best fence for you and your yard.
Get matched with top fence contractors in Dothan, AL
There are 2 highly-rated local fence companies.
Matching on Angi
Recent Fence Installation Contractor Reviews in Dothan
- Fenced In LLCOur next door neighbor had hired this company to replace a privacy fence. We were very impressed with the quality of their work, and decided to have our fence replaced by them also. Because we have a pool, Stephen the owner assured us that they would take the old fence down and put the new one up in two days...and they did! The men who built the fence were very professional and polite. We are very pleased with the workmanship of our new fence and it looks great. Our neighbor that lives behind was so pleased with our new fence that they also hired Fenced-In to replace their privacy fence. All in all it was a pleasure to work with this company and I would recommend them to family and friends
- Larry Douglas HandymanI wasn't quite sure what I wanted for my back yard, other than it had to be tall enough to prevent my dog from continuing to jump over it. My yard is hilly and full of roots, so was apprehensive about a standard fence installation. Larry Douglas gave various estimates, and eventually built a shadowbox wood privacy fence around the entire back yard. He had suggestions to fix the erosion from a neighbor's yard, as well as make my tree house safer and more updated. He and his crew also added some landscaping by cutting back an entire line of shrubs and moving a couple flowering bushes that would be in the way of the new fence line. I LOVE the final outcome! The fence is sturdy, beautiful and provides exactly the amount of privacy I wanted. My dog even loves it, despite the fact that she can't get over it. I would definitely use him for any future projects, large or small
- Morrow Fence CoHe did a really good job. He is amazing. He did the job all by himself. The price was reasonable because when I had it done, I did not do any comparison. He's efficient and didn't take long for him to do it.
- Larry Douglas HandymanI called this company based on reviews I saw on this site. he told me he would come out that afternoon to give me an estimate. He called to say he was on his way. He gave me an estimate and told me he would be back to do the work the next day. He showed up on time and did a great job. I would definitely call him again and have given his name to a few friends who needed work done
- Reliable HandymanFirst time we hired Tim Porter was for water damage to sheetrock ceiling in living room & a tongue/groove ceiling on a porch, both from a roof leak. Everyone else we called said replace L/R ceiling, Tim suggested cutting out the damage & patching it, requiring more skill, but less mess and was less expensive. The finish tells the tale, you can't see the repair. The porch ceiling was covered with vinyl when we bought this 60+ year old house so water damage & neglect had it in bad shape. He thoroughly prepped, cleaning up any stained/rotted wood, scraped & sanded every inch, primed & painted it. Five yrs later, it still looks new! He's since; insulated under whole house, tiled bathroom floor, replaced & added to privacy fence, re-tiled shower floor, replaced siding, rebuilt a deck and completed many a 'to do list' of smaller repairs, fixing a sticking door, add weather stripping etc. PRICES ARE FAIR, HE'S PROMPT, HONEST, KEEPS HIS WORD, SO IS VERY RELIABLE & HAS AN AMAZING WORK ETHIC
- A Cut Above CarpentryPaul and his crew came in took the old one down, disposed of it. The new fence was installed. Every board was screwed in. They did an outstanding job. Finished the job in record time (despite the rain), were courteous and professional. We used Cypress fencing and it looks fantastic
- TRI STATE FENCE & IRON WORKSThe installer showed up on Friday morning and worked through the weekend even in the extreme heat to get my fence installed as soon as possible. I was not at all disappointed with his performance or his professionalism. A+
- TRI STATE FENCE & IRON WORKSStarted on a Monday morning to replace 8 ft wood fencing. Removed all old fencing and posts and displosed of it. On 2nd day post were set and material was placed and third day the rails and fencing were put and and the job was complete. Very large yard!
- Fenced-InI was really impressed with them. They were really very professional and what I liked about they is that they guaranteed their work for up to a year. They will come out and replace and reset your door if something went wrong. They were very courteous and clean. I had an old fence here which the tore down and got rid of it. They gave me a good price for good quality work and good wood
- Larry Douglas HandymanTHE FENCE IS VERY STRAIGHT AND SOLID - AGAIN A VERY PROFESSIONAL JOB WITH ATTENTION TO DETAIL. MR. DOUGLAS KEPT COSTS DOWN AND REPORTED ANY DEVIATIONS PROMPTLY. WHEN WASTE REMOVAL FOR THE TREES AND OLD FENCE BECAME AN ISSUE HE RECOMMENDED WE HAVE A 30 YARD DUMPSTER DELIVERED AND PICKED UP WHICH SAVED A LOT OF TIME AND PREVENTED ALL THE TRIPS THE THE LANDFILL. I'VE USED HIM BEFORE FOR A COMPLETE RE-DO ON MY ROOF THIS YEAR AND AM VERY PLEASED WITH HIS WORK. I'LL SAY IT AGAIN, IF YOU WANT A JOB DONE RIGHT CALL HIM
Last update on February 17, 2016
Fence Contractors in Dothan, AL
Explore our Solution Center for helpful fence installation articles
What is chain link fencing, anyway? Chain link fencing has a lot to offer, so consider this option when installing a fence on your property.
If your metal railings need a makeover, wrought iron paint can work wonders. Here’s how to prep and paint your wrought iron railings in five steps.
Find fence companies in
- Midland City,
- Level Plains,
- Fort Rucker,
Fence Companies in Dothan, AL
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- A Cut Above CarpentryPO Box 10377
Dothan, Alabama 36304
- Bustos Handyman Services2859 Westgate Pkwy
Dothan, Alabama 36303
- Central United Fencing 2278 Lake St
Dothan, Alabama 36303
- Dothan Awning Co Inc106 E Franklin St
Dothan, Alabama 36301
- Fenced In LLC1832 Reeves St
Dothan, Alabama 36303
- Lowe's Home Improvement4801 Montgomery Hwy
Dothan, Alabama 36303
- A Cut Above Carpentry
- Charlie's Home ServicesPO Box 312458
Enterprise, Alabama 36331
- Charlie's Home Services
- Exterior Dreams1368 Meriwether St.
Griffin, Georgia 30224
- Exterior Dreams
- Hampton Enterprise LLC254 W Lawrence Harris Hwy
Slocomb, Alabama 36375
- Hampton Enterprise LLC
- JFP HANDYMAN SERVICES LLC2467 Bonifay Gritney Rd
Bonifay, Florida 32425
- JFP HANDYMAN SERVICES LLC
- Larry Douglas Handyman616 Faith St
Enterprise, Alabama 36330
- Larry Douglas Handyman
- Mr. Fix It3990 County Road 14
Midland City, Alabama 36350
- Mr. Fix It
- Schneider Farm Fence5611 Smith Ln
Walnut Hill, Florida 32568
- Schneider Farm Fence
- THE REPAIR MAN1832 TURKEY MTN RD NE
Rome, Georgia 30161
- THE REPAIR MAN
Fencing contractors that service Dothan
How much does it cost to install a fence?
Answer: The average cost to install a fence is $2,600. A variety of factors will impact the overall cost of fencing installation, such as the length of the fence, the materials you choose, and local labor costs. Fencing projects using the lowest cost materials and with lower labor costs can cost as little as $1 to $6 per linear foot, while projects using the highest cost materials and with higher labor costs may be as high as $15 to $45.
Do I need a permit to build a fence around a yard?
Answer: Whether you’ll need a permit to build a fence around your yard will depend on your city or county's local codes. Many metropolitan and suburban areas require a permit to install most fencing, but they may not for fences situated behind a house as opposed to in front of it or fences that don’t run within a certain distance of the road. To find out if you’ll need a permit to fence your yard, reach out directly to your local government office.
What is the cheapest fence to install?
Answer: The cheapest fencing to install is chain-link fencing. Chain-link fencing is typically cheaper than other fence types because the materials cost less, and installation is generally quicker and easier than other options. Chain-link fencing is affordable, easy to install, and low maintenance. However, it’s usually considered less secure than other options and doesn’t increase resale value as much as fences made of different materials.
Is a wood or vinyl fence cheaper?
Answer: Wood fences are generally cheaper than the cost of vinyl fences. While the cost of materials for wood and vinyl fences is usually very similar, the labor cost associated with installing a vinyl fence is higher. Wood fencing is also easier to install than vinyl fencing, making it possible to save money by making wood fence installation a DIY project. It’s also possible to DIY install a vinyl fence.
What is the life expectancy of a vinyl fence?
Answer: Vinyl fencing can be expected to last between 10 and 30 years. Vinyl fencing is generally low maintenance, but proper care will ensure it lasts as long as possible. Its long life span and high return on investment make vinyl fencing a popular option for many homeowners.
What type of fence adds to the property value?
Answer: Installing quality fencing, no matter the fence type, will generally add value to your property. In general, fences made of longer-lasting, lower-maintenance, and more attractive materials—like wrought-iron, composite, or vinyl—add more value to a property than fences made of lower-cost or less attractive materials, like chain-link. To ensure your fencing adds as much value to your home as possible, be sure it’s properly permitted, approved by your homeowners association (if you have one), and installed properly.