Milk paint and chalk paint are two popular paint types that give wood an antique, distressed look. While they’re similar in appearance, there are a few key differences to consider. Learn whether milk paint vs. chalk paint is ideal for your next project.
Get matched with top furniture refinishers in Palmer, AK
There are 0 highly-rated local furniture refinishers.
Recent Furniture Refinishing Reviews in Palmer
- ALASKA WOODCRAFTERSMr. Poole of Alaska Woodcrafters was very professional, efficient, and understanding. . The recliner that my husband uses all the time stopped working. Mr. Poole was able to determine what the problems were right away. He did not need to take the chair from our home but returned the next day with the needed parts and repaired it for us. We would definitely call on Mr. Poole for any further furniture repairs and highly recommend him
- The Windmill Furniture RestorationHe was excellent. I last used them in March. I gouged my oak desk, and they did a wonderful job. He came to our home office, he did the repairs quickly, and efficiently. You couldn't even find where the gouge was after he was done. He was a real artist.
- ALASKA WOODCRAFTERSWe asked the owner of Hardware Specialties who they would reccomend for a job like this and she immediately said Bill Poole at Woodcrafters. We contacted Bill and he said he would come to our house and look at the furniture and explain the process and give us an estimate. He showed up at the exact time and date he said he would and carefully looked over each piece and explained what was needed to return them to their original condition and in some cases some joint strengthening that would improve them and gave us a price for it. This furniture has been in the family for 40 years and is very valuable because of the quality and scarcity and price of replacement since it was all made in Hawaii because of this we wanted to make sure we had the right person working on it. The replacement cost of all 13 pieces they worked on is in the neighborhood of $ 25 - 30,000 so the cost of the work was well worth the money. He encouraged us to stop by the shop and check the progress. We did a few days later and just about everything was disassembled and some pieces had been repaired all by Bill or his assistant. He did a beautiful job remaking the coffee table and the refinishing and repair of all the pieces was top notch.. if you want the work done correctly and quickly and to look great when its done take it to Woodcrafters . And since I didnt mention it - Bill Poole is on of the nicest people you will ever run int
- ADVANTAGE FURNITURE REPAIRHad desk refinished there in 2012 and it was a great job. Tried to call him in 2015 to see if he could work on another piece, but the phone number was disconnected. I am not sure if he is still in business.
- ALASKA WOODCRAFTERSThis is the only store in Anchorage that sells General Finishes line of products. The owners are very knowledgeable about the products but if they don'w know they will find out for you. They have different lines of unfinished furniture that they can finish for you or you can do yourself. They also have many neat home decor products and milk paint
Furniture Repair Specialists in Palmer
- Business Description:Started by Paul Freeman, a lifetime collector of Arts and Crafts period textiles, Archive Edition offers reproductions of a hand selected collection of the finest Arts and Crafts textiles discovered throughout his lifetime. Archive Edition Textiles are copywrited reproductions of authentic Arts and Crafts patterns using modern materials. In 2014, Freeman partnered with Karl Eulberg, an executive in the furniture industry and lifetime fan and collector of Arts & Crafts. Eulberg brings a backg..Recent Review:It hasn't gone. Have you not read several previous reviews???Gene P M.
- Business Description:We build one of a kind custom furniture, restore and refinish furniture, design and build built-in furnitureRecent Review:I’m sorry to say my experience with Alaska Woodcrafters was beyond disappointing. Two stars because, as another reviewer wrote, I did get my cabinet back. After TWENTY MONTHS. I brought a 100-year-old pie cabinet up from the Midwest and chose this business to restore and refinish it. Owner came to my house to see it, gave an estimate, picked up the item and half the payment in December 2019. I finally picked it up today, in July 2021, and while I understand there was a lot of cleaning, stripping, and repair, I still need to touch up the paint and get new hardware put on part of it. In other words, it’s not completely done. Communication at the beginning, in 2019, was ok. Other big projects took priority; not being in a huge rush, in hindsight I was too forgiving about that. I certainly understood a delay in spring of 2020 when everything shut down. But in July 2020 I stopped in to see the cabinet and choose paint. At that time I was told it would be done in two weeks. No communication again until September, when I was told it would be done in two weeks. No communication again until November… this went on and on, every time being told it would be done in two weeks. I would never recommend this woodworker for an individual piece or project. If you’re crazy enough to go with them anyway, get a finish-date or delivery date in the contract and find a good lawyerRobin B.
- Business Description:Furniture refinishing and repair. Insurance claims. estimates. Commercial and residential
- Business Description:Rock Engineering provides a huge array of services in home construction and repair, maintenance, as well as building high quality products like specially designed furniture with exotic woods, or commercial display cases or business signs. Let Rock Engineering be your innovative solutio
- Business Description:We take cash check and plastic we also offer a ten percent discount on remodels only, to vietnam vets upon approval. We also have a hour minimum on small repairs or honeydos.Call us today and have a good day.Recent Review:I was very disappointed with the person that came out, I did not have them do the work due to the unprofessional behavior and their suggestion of just "throwing up" a carport, when I asked for a quote on a garage and retaining wall to prevent the hill from sliding and give me a secure place for tools and the car. His proposal was to tie on to the roof of the house and span the carport 16 feet with out further support. He did not measure until I gave him a tape measure and then said he didn't need to take notes, he could remember it. Upon leaving insisted on a $100 deposit for the quote, sorry to say I paid him and then he left. 2 weeks later he emailed a 4 line quote without specifics. I feel robbeKay N.
- Business Description:We are a fourth generation family business that specializes in the sale and restoration of vintage pianos. We sell and restore pianos for clients all across the United States. We have worked with clients such as Stanford University, Roanoke Civic Center, and the City of Sacramento. We have also worked with celebrities such as Justin Rose & Stephen Colbert. Visit our website for videos, interactive diagrams, and photos of our restoration work, pianos, and informative information.Recent Review:<strong>***IMPORTANT***</strong> When you invest thousands of dollars in a piano, I highly recommend any consumer do their homework. It took me 8 months to find the right company and my research paid off. The following review reflects my efforts in locating Lindeblad Piano and total satisfaction since then. <br /> <br /> <strong>It was critically important that I find a business that:<br /> </strong> <ol> <ol> <li><strong>Has been in business for a long time and Better Business Bureau approved</strong>. A family-owned business for 80+ years with a BBB rating of A+ told me they had experience and gave me peace of mind. This increased my comfort level in dealing with a business more than 200 miles from my home. </li> <li><strong>Stands behind ALL their work</strong> - While warranties can vary cases by case (usually 10 years) I received a 20 year warranty on all workmanship and parts, which was better than I expected. They also met a competitors' 10-year warranty on the soundboard. FYI Steinway only gives you 5 years on a <em>new</em> piano. </li> <li><strong>Restores Steinways</strong> - I plan on keeping this piano for decades and I wanted to make sure they knew what they were doing with such a high-end instrument. Of the 120+ pianos restored last year, more 75% were Steinways. </li> <li><strong>Could answer tough questions</strong>. During my 8 months of investigating piano retailers and restorers, I spent a half day at a Steinway dealer in Boston to hear their argument of why I should <em>not</em> buy a restored piano. I did expect a hard sell for a new piano but some of their points and literature were compelling. Aside from using the Steinway parts, they said that setting the bridge height is the most difficult and requires the elite expertise of a Steinway restoration technician. When I asked if I had a Steinway that I wanted restored, they said only the Steinway factory was qualified to restore a Steinway. Lindeblad patiently answered ALL my questions. Additionally, the Lindeblad business is in its 4th generation with the original founder a former builder at the NY Steinway factory. He passed down this craftsmanship (including authentic Steinway parts and the proper bridge technique) to his family. </li> <li><strong>Pleasant to work with and accessible</strong>. To be frank, I wanted a company that appreciated my business. This means that if I had a problem, I could get a hold of someone and have my problem resolved quickly. Ultimately, I found that Lindeblad met and exceeded expectations. The end-to-end process at Lindeblad is a model that all businesses should aspire to - from the sale, planning, restoration process, to the photos of the finished product and delivery, they wanted to make sure I was completely happy - not just satisfied - with everything. Each member of the family had their own skills and it was a pleasure to work with each of them.</li> <li></li> </ol> </ol> If you're in th market for a piano - at any price - I know you'd be happy with their work and service. However, my opinion is less important than your peace of mind. I recommend asking any member of Lindeblad every question that comes to mind until you have no doubt. <br /William N.
- Business Description:Thee Reinvented Collection & Co is a woman-owned small business. RC & Co began in 2008
Explore our Solution Center for helpful furniture repair specialist articles
There are many types of paint that can stand up to the elements, but whether they will work well for your outdoor furniture depends on your furniture’s material. This guide will help you decide which paint is best for your project.
Many people confuse the words rattan and wicker and use them interchangeably. Although similar, there are differences. Before shopping for new rattan furniture, you’ll want to read this guide to learn about rattan and how it may differ from wicker.
furniture refinishers in Palmer
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- Corratto's Construction Service534 E 15th Terrace
- Corratto's Construction Service
- FURNITURE GUILD3903 COPE ST
- FURNITURE GUILD
- James Construction9157 Cranberry St
- James Construction
- Lindeblad Piano Restoration101 US Highway 46
Pine Brook, New Jersey
- Lindeblad Piano Restoration
- Rock Engineering4333 Butte Cir
- Rock Engineering