The differences between light-filtering and room-darkening window treatments are subtle but important. We’re sharing their pros and cons, how they complement your home and help you save on energy costs.
Get matched with top window treatment in Juneau, AK
There are 0 highly-rated local window treatment.
Recent Window Treatment Reviews in Juneau
- Exciting Windows! by Mini Blind KingThey are quick to respond to requests for quotes. We’ve been very happy with the blinds especially the block out blinds in the bedrooms. They tell you it will take about 4 weeks but it’s been closer to 3 for both of our installs. Professional, good quality and all around good company. Would highly recommend. Money well spent
- Exciting Windows! by Mini Blind KingFantastic! Tom and Barbara were wonderful to work with. Tom came over and measured everything. Barbara suggested I come in to the store prior to his measuring to get an idea of what type of blinds I might be interested in purchasing. Their son, Sam (I think that's his name) helped me in the store. He spent quite a while with me explaining the differences and possibilities in various types of blinds. I never felt rushed in the least. The blinds arrived earlier than scheduled (great!) and they called to schedule installation. The installer was very professional and was able to install the blinds a lot faster than I would have thought. The finished product is perfect and we are SO happy to use a local company and receive absolutely THE BEST customer service! We will definitely use them again in the future
- Exciting Windows! by Mini Blind KingJeremy, Tom & Andre were all very professional. They each performed their jobs well. Jeremy in the showroom, Tom in the field for fitting & Andre for hanging. All were friendly.
- BLIND FACTORY LLCI left a message and David Powers called me back the next morning and talked me through taking the blind down so that I could bring it to him. I took it to him around noon. He called around 4 pm to say it was done.
- Exciting Windows! by Mini Blind KingThe thing I love the most about this company is that they listen to what you like and don't like in window treatments and have suggestions. The show room is beautiful and welcoming. They come in and measure, bring samples. Tom's color suggestions are spot on, he really looks at the whole room, and is a great listener and provides valuable input. While not the least expensive treatment you can find on the market, the quality is well worth the price. He had ideas to please both myself and my husband to get the look and features we desired. I love the fact that they are punctual you don't spend all day, or even a half of a day waiting for them to come. They set an appointment time and they arrive at that time. They are great at estimating when your window treatments will be in (and you know in Alaska that is a trick in its self). My upstairs was such a positive experience that I had him come back a month later and give me ideas what I could do with my family room. We completed that in January. They want you to be happy, no high pressure sales. The installation was perfect, and they packaged up the old blinds and would have removed for me if I wanted. They mentioned that the Habitat restore did take those kind of things. That shows the conscientious behavior that they exhibit. I have one more room to do and they can count on that I will be calling them to come and give me a quote
- Exciting Windows! by Mini Blind KingI was told that the shutters could take up to six weeks from order to install, but the shutters were installed in three weeks/1 day. Installation takes all day (one person), and we have less than 1800 square feet (no huge oversized windows...pretty much just the larger one-window living room and one that is much smaller, larger one-window dining room, one larger window in the master bedroom, one smaller window in each of the other two bedrooms, 4 smaller windows in the breakfast nook). Three shutters had minor problems and even though they were installed (and fully functional and looked fine), the parts that were needed came in and fixed three weeks later...so six weeks was correct if you count waiting for parts. Tom and his employee were totally professional, and I wouldn't hesitate recommending the company. I never had shutters nor even knew anyone that had them. Here's some things to think about if you are thinking of shutters for your house: 1. This is important for those of us that live in Alaska during the winter months. Even if you have the louvers (the blades that open and close) open, it is somewhat darker than if you are used to shades where you simply pull it up every morning. However, the advantage of shutters over shades is the ability to have as much privacy as you want; you can have the louvers on one side completely open and the louvers on the other side completely closed (blinding sun) or any combination of opened/closed. We have relatively close neighbors, so the ability to control privacy is critical. 2. Although I vacuumed my old shades weekly (or should say, that was my goal), I could never vacuum the backside (closest to the window), and we all know how much dust is in Anchorage, so I never thought the shades were ever totally clean (between getting them cleaned professionally every year or two). For the shutters, I find that using a Swiffer duster is all it takes and much easier than when I vacuumed the shades. It does take a chunk of time to Swiffer the shutters; having shutters is not saving on cleaning time (as compared to vacuuming shades), but the end product is much cleaner! 3. I never thought of this until after we had shutters: All of our windows have 'grids' (the bars between the layers of glass so it looks like the window has smaller panes), so looking at the windows from outside, the shutters are not as attractive as they would be if the windows had no grids. And, of course, it is not an option to change out all the windows. If we ever build a house, I will remember to not select windows with grids, as I'm pretty sure I will again choose to have shutters. 4. And, finally, the windows from the inside always look 'finished' without having any drapes. I like simple and no fussiness. I chose white shutters with the tilt rod not visible on the outside - I really like the simple clean look. The price was a little expensive but not that much more than the higher-end shades that I intended to buy. Also, our shutters are not wood. I believe they are the Palm Beach polysatin shutters, and being white, Tom said he recommended the non-wood alternative, which made them about 1/3 cheaper than the all-wood option. Perhaps if you want a wood look, it would be better if the shutters were a real wood product, but being white, it did not matter
- Exciting Windows! by Mini Blind KingIt was excellent. We got the shade we wanted, delivered in a timely manner. The price was a bit high, but the service was worth the price.
- Exciting Windows! by Mini Blind KingThis family owned business is a pleasure to work with! I loved being able to walk into their incredible store and see examples of design, colors, fabrics, and get answers to many of my own questions about window coverings! The owner came to my home and precisely measured all 5 windows and was quite talented in color matching, as well as helping keep costs affordable for my needs. The professional installer was careful and spent time teaching us how the automatic system works. I would recommend this business to anyone needing window treatments!
- Exciting Windows! by Mini Blind KingTom came to the house and measured the windows and gave us a price. He suggested the 3m film for some problematic windows. Gave us a chance to discuss what we wanted to do. We called and ordered what we wanted. Installation went great. Very pleased with the product and the service.
- Exciting Windows! by Mini Blind KingAndre did the install, was on time excellent service, he was very professional, did a great job, very knowledgeable.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful window treatment service articles
Foggy windows indicate a failed seal and moisture in between the panes of glass. Find out if you can fix your foggy windows or if you need to call a pro.
If your double-pane windows fog up or you notice a draft, your window seals may be failing. Here’s what you need to know to repair or replace your windows.