Learn how to fix a clogged basement floor drain using simple tools. While you can fix some clogs easily yourself, you may need to hire a plumber with special tools if you have a severe basement drain clog. Here’s how to snake a basement floor drain.
Get matched with top drain cleaning companies in Big Lake, AK
There are 5 highly-rated local drain cleaning companies.
Recent Drain Cleaning Reviews in Big Lake
- Septic SolutionsExcellent. Sean went above and beyond to make things right. He arrived exactly on time even though I had only called 90 mins beforehand and worked continuously until the job was done. I would highly recommend Septic Solutions
- Drain Masters IncPerfectly. These folks are always reliable, always courteous, always quick to respond. I will go to them every time!
- Drain Masters IncWe called Drain Masters and they came out that very day and had me draining like it was a fresh build.
- Drain Masters IncGreat job! He took the time to explain what the he was doing and what the issues were, what should be done to prevent future problems. Very professional. Nice to have someone who is competent.
- Drain Masters IncThe employees are professional, courteous, and patient (we had a lot of questions). We have an older house (built in 1971) and our drains, pipes, and sewer can be a nightmare! We tried numerous companies in the past but only Drain Masters took the time to find the root of the problem (years ago) and since then they have helped us in numerous areas of our home. We have dealt with several different employees from this company over the past decade and every single one of them have been extremely helpful
- Drain Masters IncRequested pipes to be snaked, but determined septic needed pumping. They were prompt, professional and succeeded!
- Drain Masters Inci called to schedule appointment on a Sunday and the man who answered was very nice and professional, and they got me in the next morning. Gave me a 10-12pm window and was here by 10:10! Prompt, clean and efficient. The man who came was very nice and descriptive of my situation which I appreciated. When he left I even went to put back the few things I'd moved for him to work and they were already put back! I expected a mess (that we usually are left with after a contractor) and he even wiped up his puddle marks from shoes from my tile entry when he exited. Overall great service! I've had this same company do work on our bathroom couple months ago and again, great same service. They explained everything to me before performing any work and gave me less expensive options in detail so I understood and didn't just pay for unnecessary maintenance. Thank you Drain Masters/Denali Drain & Sewer
- Drain Masters IncI called Rich friday morning. Being friday I was hoping, they could get to the job that afternoon. Rich was polite and professional on the phone. He said he would be there that afternoon. We have renters in the house and he said it would be no problem to coordinate a time with them. Rich called and said the job was complete but recommended the toliet be reset due to the back flow of water. He passed on the information to his crew and the job was complete. His crew called me directly and gave me the details of the job. Overall I am very pleased with his service and highly recommend him
- Drain Masters IncGreat job - Professional, brought their own bucket, cleared what my husband was unable to and had a great sense of humor. All at a very reasonable price. I will call them again in the future and refer them to others.
- Drain Masters IncI had a different company in twice for the same problem over the last year so I called Drain Masters. He ran 2 different size auger bits through the clog three times, the other company simply punched thru the clog with a small bit. They also use a device to run hot water thru the pipe as the snake does its work. They also replaced a stripped pipe collar and showed me where my main water cut off was. The work was clean, I didn’t have to lend him a pan to catch water, and very professional. I hope I never need to call again but if I do it will be Drain Masters
Drain Cleaning Companies in Big Lake
- Business Description:Drain cleaning, septic tank pumping, rotor rootor, camera inspection and locate, jetting and hot jetting, steam thawingRecent Review:It was wonderful and they were terrific.joan h.
- Business Description:Full service Plumbing and Heating contractor, from residential to light comercial new construction, service and repair, remodels and retail sales.Recent Review:The repair and experience were both excellent. Techs are friendly. A valve got air in it and they had to come back—no charge. We needed them a second time and were treated with the same courteous efficient service. Every question was answered in terms we could understand and they came in under quote both times. Alkota is a long time Alaskan company that truly has integrityWisteria W.
- Business Description:Innovative & Practical Septic Solutions For South Central Alaska. With easy financing and thorough free consultations, we offer: * Septic & Sewer Design And Installation * Diagnostics, Repair & Replacement * COSA & Video Pipe/Sewer Inspections * Ground Water Remediation * Foundation Sealing, Excavating & Regrading Let’s face it…You should be confident in your septic solution. We pride ourselves on going the extra mile to ensure all of our work is done properl..Recent Review:I had issues with my septic for months, was constantly getting clogs at the inlet to the tank. I had others come out and look and they gladly took my money to clear the clog, but never really diagnosed the issues. I finally called Wayne and got a diagnosis. Unfortunately my tank was rusted through in a few spots and had to be replaced. He quoted me a better price than anyone else and did the work fast, they even used some of the dirt left from installing a new drain field to widen my driveway and make it easier to get my boat and RV in and out. Wayne and his crew were great, friendly and professional, I wish i would have called him first, would have saved me time, money, and frustrationChristopher K.
- Business Description:In-Person or Live One-On-One Online Tutoring for Any Subject, Any Age, Any Location. Standardized Tests: ACT, SAT, NMSQT, GMAT, GRE, ASVAB, ASTB, ISEE, HSPT, TEAS, TOEFL, IELTS, TOEIC Mathematics: algebra, geometry, trigonometry, pre-algebra, elementary English: grammar, vocabulary, spelling, reading, writing, listening, speaking, pronunciation, ESL, ESOL Research Papers: editing, proofreading, outlining, citations Computer: Excel, Word, PowerPoinRecent Review:Matthew was originally hired to assist my nephew in preperation for the Parochial High School Admissions exam. Building a relationship with Matthew was the best thing for my nephew. Matthew was very safe going into this situation creating a trusting a environment. Not knowing what he was walking into, Matthew quickly learned that my nephew’s academic inabilities were far more important than preparing for an high school entrance exam. Immediately Matthew begin working on creating a plan of action. He is very patient, yet intentional about holding my nephew accountable. Moreover, he follows up and send reminders for my nephew (I.e. don’t forget to bring your book home from school, remember to work on your math). Although we have a long way to go, it’s safe to say that we are seeing some progress. Thanks MatthewTyrone G.
- Business Description:Chugach Sewer and Drain is an Alaska Native Owned and Operated Drain Cleaning business. Chugach Sewer and Drain services and maintains sewer and drain lines, Toilets, Kitchen and Bathroom Sinks for Commercial Buildings, large Apartment Complexes, Office Buildings, Hospitals, Private Condo Associations, and other large and small plumbing systems inside buildings and underground. Our commitment is to provide fast immediate, 24 hour serviceRecent Review:Excellent work! Great to deal with. Have used them for years.John F.
- Business Description:Locally Owned and Operated.Recent Review:We have used this company in the past and felt confident that they would provide the service requested. The tech was a little late and, on his phone quite a bit throughout the process. The situation was explained in detail and the tech wanted to use the camera right away, a $250 extra. I resisted and asked him to please try this without the camera. Throughout our job I assisted the tech and conversed with him and learned that he is paid on a commission basis. He tried for over half hour using conventional methods to clear the clog, he mentioned that he felt like he was hitting cement or some type of rocks. Again, asked if he could use the camera to determine how the pipes were installed so that he could get beyond an elbow to the clog. I finally acquiesced. Once he used the camera, he found how the pipes made their bends and was able to clear the clog. He ran the water for 20 minutes to be sure that the backup was gone. He received a very large bill, but were please that he took care of the problem, or so we thought. The very next day the toilet was once again backing into the shower. We called the company and she patched us on to the tech who now said that our drain would continue to clog and that his coming back wouldn't resolve the problem. That day I went and bought a small inspection camera and rented a snake from HD. When I returned home and open the drain, I saw the problem. There was some cement or grout on the pipes that the paper was hanging up on. I bought Muriatic acid let it sit in the drain for a few hours and the problem that their tech said was incurable hasn't arose since. The company wasn't will to offer a discount or refundTim R.
- Business Description:We employ a vast array of talented individuals. If we don't have someone on our team able to do what you need we work with several sub-contractors.
- Business Description:Plumbing, septic, septic pumping, lift station repair, drain cleaning, water line thawing, sewer line thawing, line locating, Video inspestion,Recent Review:It went great! Thank you for the great job!Ronna W.
- Business Description:Additional hours - Mon- Fri 5:00 PM-9:00 PM. Family owned & operated.Recent Review:This is the second time I have used this company and again, I'm so impressed with all aspects of their service. He stayed to run quite a bit of water to be sure the drain was opened and checked and snaked the downstairs shower because it was running a little slowLinda T.
- Business Description:Over 25 years experience in Anchorage & the Valley. Residential, industrial and commercial jobs welcomed. We can help you with all of your sewer, drain & septic needs. We will provide you with the best quality work that is guaranteed with customer satisfaction
Explore our Solution Center for helpful drain cleaning company articles
Think you might be dealing with a clogged sewer line? Clogged lines cause smelly problems, but they can also lead to more expensive repairs. Learn the five main signs that you have a clogged sewer line and what to do about it.
Before choosing to use tree root killer to unclog your sewer lines, first discover if roots are your issue and if your pipes are beyond tree root killer’s repair. Read this guide before pouring chemicals down your drain.
drain cleaning companies in Big Lake
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- 24hr Arctic Heating, Thawing, and Drain Services905 Muldoon Rd.
- 24hr Arctic Heating, Thawing, and Drain Services
- Delta Van Lines Inc2221 Forsyth rd
- Delta Van Lines Inc
- Equity Builder Home Improvement7133 Arctic Blvd # 8
- Equity Builder Home Improvement
- Klebs Mechanical Inc1107 E 72nd Ave
- Klebs Mechanical Inc
- Nu Flow Alaska1301 E 71st Avenue
- Nu Flow Alaska
- One Stop Services Inc7654 Old Harbor Ave
- One Stop Services Inc
- Rock Engineering4333 Butte Cir
- Rock Engineering
- Victory Drain Cleaning 504 W 54th Ave
- Victory Drain Cleaning