If you’re looking to add a level of protection to your home’s appliances and systems (like plumbing), you may be considering purchasing a home warranty. Keep reading to learn about the various pros and cons associated with common home warranty plans.
Get matched with top home warranty companies in San Francisco, CA
There are 1 highly-rated local home warranty companies.
Recent Home Warranty Reviews in San Francisco
- HISCO HOME WARRANTYI'm not one to write many reviews. But when I saw Hisco Home Warranty have a D report I thought I should straighten some of the bias against them because I've been nothing but satisfied with their service. My wife and I recently purchased a home in Foster City. We are first time home buyers so our real estate agent suggested that we buy a home warranty. Generally speaking I'm against purchasing warranties - my life experience has showed that it's generally a toss - meaning most of the time the warranty expires and I don't use it. We purchased the Hisco Home Warranty and boy - are we glad that we did so! Our home was build in the 70s and some appliances were definitely on the older side. Our three issues are detailed above and I'll relay the outcome of each of the three service calls. First I will say Hisco is ALWAYS very nice on the phone and fax the contractors immediately: 1) Hisco sent out a contractor to look at our oven because the upper oven was not heating up correctly. It's an older Magic Chef built in two oven contraption that no longer has spare parts on the market. As a result Hisco was not able to fix it, so they cut us a check on a fair market value for a replacement. That came out to $1400.00 - the check took two weeks to arrive, and we're satisfied with the outcome here 2) As we approached mid-winter in 2010 I started to prep for my gardening season. After turning on our background hose bib to another outlet, I had a horrible realization that the underground pipe was leaking. I called Hisco to see if they would cover it; they thought they might so they sent out a contractor. Here's what happened: - Contractor came out - Contractor saw the problem, shook his head said "not covered" and took my $50 service fee and left - I called Hisco back and asked for a detailed explanation. The person taking my call wasn't able to do that, but I got a call back within 5 minutes from Hisco. The person patiently explained that as the pipe was underground, it did not fall under "accessible outdoor plumbing". When he heard that despite no service being provided by the contractor the contractor had collected $50 service fee - he promptly refunded the $50 service call. (Now, that's what I like. Mistakes happen with these things, the ultimate judge for me of a warranty or service company is how they fix them. ) 3) Contractor had to reschedule (no fault of Hisco) and did a quick repair on our air duct. I would recommend Hisco - I think they are upstanding, and stand up to their home warranty. Did they fix all the problems I had? No, but did they stand up to their warranty? YES! Hisco - Kudos
- Complete Appliance Protection IncIt's a good company. I like them very much. The interaction went great. I actually had a problem. They went out and fixed it with no charge. They are very cordial and very responsive.
- Plumbing Pros IncGary from Plumbing Pros was absolutely great. I came home one night after work and went down into my basement and noticed a leak in master valve from the water line. After having the city shut off the water I started calling around to find service and cost. Since it was after hours on a weekend most places were closed. Others companies with emergency lines would not even listen to my description of the problem, they simply said they can have somebody come out for a fee. When I called plumbing pros I was able to actually talk to someone who knew what they were doing. I was able to get a ballpark for what the issue would run and also a time. Sure enough gary was able to come out at That time and took care of the issue. I will definetly use them again
- FIDELITY MORTGAGEThey are pretty good. We cannot choose the contractor that comes out and I think that is the only thing. But so far the contractor that came out was pretty reliable. They came on time.
- Homeguard IncIt was basically a home inspection which had to be done before you buy a house and they missed that little thing. One of the parts in garage was cracked, they missed it and I missed it until I walked in and saw it. They came and actually refixed the beam and that’s what they did last time.
- Fidelity National Home WarrantyThey are a home warranty for whatever breaks around the house. We used them once for the range and twice for the refrigerator. I enjoy they are very good. They don't typically complain or try to get out of things which is what I expect from my warranty. So far when I've used them they haven't tried to shook saying it's not our problem
- DSIThey were prompt; they came when they said they would. They did what they said they would do. They cleaned up after themselves.
- Complete Appliance Protection IncComplete Appliance Protection is pretty good. They apply warranties for household appliances, that could also extend to plumbing and things like that. I pay a premium of $50 a month for that. They are very professional.
- FIRST AMERICAN WARRANTYVery responsive to a plumbing service request I phoned in. Over the weekend. They don't cover that service. So service level seemed good but coverage itself wasn't great.
- Fidelity National Home WarrantyI could reach them pretty much any time to report a problem so I like that about the company that I can call any time if there’s an issue.
Home Warranty Companies in San Francisco
- Business Description:CP has been providing quality home warranty products since 1998.Recent Review:Warning: if you are in the market for a home protection company, avoid "Complete Protection" out of Liberty, MO, found at [*** Link removed ***] Do not fall for their false claims. They provide neither "complete protection" nor quality customer service. I have a refrigerator that is less than 2 years old and today still costs $2500 new. The icemaker is freezing up and I requested service. Service company, Kitchen Ace Appliance out of Houston, was chosen and dispatched by Complete Protection to do the repair. In the process of the inspection, the serviceman scratches the face of the refrigerator. He tells us he cannot complete the repair of the icemaker without parts being ordered and requests authorization. Complete Protection decides not to repair the icemaker. Instead, they want me to go out and buy a new fridge and with proof of buying a new fridge, they will issue a $500 check. They will not pay for anyone to repair the icemaker, it's buy a new fridge or they will not do anything further. Icemaker remains broken even though I have a so-called "warranty" and no one wants to take responsibility for scratching the surface of the fridge. Complete Protection are fraud specialists. This is the language from their contract, "C. PROTECTION SUMMARY: 5. The Company will provide repair service on Your protected items to restore them to standard operating condition as a result of normal usage and electrical or mechanical component failure." This is a straight up lie. In their contract, they contradict themselves by saying "12. The Company will determine, at its sole discretion, whether a protected system or appliance will be repaired or replaced. If the Company declines to repair a protected item, You will be reimbursed towards the replacement and installation of a new protected system or appliance per the schedule in Section G." Section G says they will provide $500 for a new fridge. Really? Who can buy a new fridge for that amount of money. So no repair and refusal to pay the funds for a new icemaker without first paying thousands of dollars for a new fridge. Worst home warranty ever. #CompleteProtectionIsHorrible #CompleteProtectionWorstHomeWarrantVictor R.
- Business Description:Sunrun is leading the charge to create a planet run by the sun. We are building a more sustainable world, by making solar simple for over 200,000 customer's in 23 different states!Recent Review:The salesman was not truthful. Customer Service is not good. My “non-existant” electric bills are annually in the thousands. We are told a different story every time we call Problems do not get resolved or sent higher up to someone that is capable of solving them. Service is sloLinda C.
- Business Description:American Residential Warranty (ARW) is nationally recognized as a leading innovator in the Home Protection services industry, and our focus on outstanding service and customer satisfaction is a core part of our success. With years of Home warranty experience and top tier partners we are able provide top quality service to homeowners throughout the country. Additional DBA - American Protection Plans LLC. Additional email - firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, jbrauser@arwplan..Recent Review:was great experience. on time and saved me lot of money. Company they used was great.Josh B.
- Business Description:Additional DBAs - Fidelity Home Warranty, Alliance Home Warranty Co, FNHW, Chicago Home Warranty.Recent Review:On September 16, 2021, the air conditioner went out in my rental. I was particularly concerned because the tenant is an elderly woman, and we live in a very warm climate with temperatures near 100 degrees. I filed a claim with Fidelity National Home Warranty on-line, and paid the $75.00 service fee at that time. On September 20, a local vendor diagnosed the problem as a blown compressor. Then, the nightmare began. After hearing nothing for a few days, I contacted the vendor. He told me he submitted his diagnostic report to FNHW on September 21 and had not received authorization to replace the blown compressor. I then called “customer service” at FNHW. After being disconnected several times, navigating through countless recorded instructions, then being placed on hold for over half an hour, I was finally able to talk to “Gabriella” at Fidelity National. I explained my emergency situation, and she said it takes 2 days to approve the repair (it had already been 3 days.). That was 14 days, and numerous calls, ago – each with the same obstacle course required to reach anyone. And the claim, which is very clearly covered by the policy, has still not been approved. I have attempted to contact the company 9 times, but have only been able to reach a real person 5 times. Wait times have exceeded an hour and, two times, I was disconnected mid-sentence. On both occasions the person to whom I spoke had my phone number but did not call me back. Each “customer service” person has had a very heavy Hispanic accent, and are difficult to understand, but it is apparent that they all have the same script. Basically, it is “I am so sorry for your inconvenience, but we have to wait until the “Approval Department,” approves your claim.” When I have asked to speak to a supervisor or manager, the “customer service” rep says they are not available at the moment, but that they would call me back. Nobody has ever called me back. If Fidelity National Home Warranty is actually functioning as a legitimate business, it is the most poorly run organization I have ever encountered. But I don’t believe even the most incompetent company could consistently display the level of total ineptitude and outright indifference I have witnessed. Instead, I believe that they have purposefully adopted a business model designed to avoid paying legitimate claims by frustrating claimants to the point that they decide to pay for their own repairsWilliam G.
- Business Description:We are a one stop shop for all your home warranty needs. Our upbeat and friendly support team is always at your fingertips to respond to questions about your warranty 365 days a year! Emergency claims will be addressed within 24 hours from time claim is submitted and non-emergency claims will be addressed within 48 hours Monday - Friday 8:30 am - 6:00 pm. During nights and weekends non-emergency claims will not receive a call back until the next business day. Our service call deductibles rang..Recent Review:They told me it was a covered repair and to get the work done and submit invoice and they would reimburse us. We got it done and submitted the invoice. After 3 months of constant follow up they covered part of the parts charge and none of the labor. Then, following up again, they responded with, WE ARE CLOSING THE BUSINESSDebra C.
- Business Description:Surface Link specializes in repairing, restoring and modifying countertops and upgrading or replacing sinks, in commercial and residential settings, all over the United States and Canada. Replacing a countertop can be costly and timely — Surface Link offers a low cost alternative to restore your countertop to like-new condition in less than a day. Why choose Surface Link over another company? At Surface Link, we focus exclusively on repairing countertops (Corian, Granite, Quartz and Solid Sur..Recent Review:The contractor never acknowledged the request. I never heard from them at all.Jay W.
- Business Description:At BPG, we believe home inspections shouldn't end at the driveway. Our inspectors and engineers undergo thorough background checks and must meet ongoing training and performance standards -- they are a selective group of professionals.With so many inspection companies to choose from, how do you select one that fits your needs? We've earned a solid reputation for standing behind our work and providing distinct value advantages that help protect our clientsRecent Review:They broke a tile in the bathroom and left it and insulation all over house. Said many non issues were issues due to incompetence, like not knowing how to operate a gas fireplace, or what a drain stopper looks like (even though it is in their photoStefan S.
- Business Description:Remodeling your house is an excellent way to add comfort and increase its value. After making the decision to remodel your home, your next task will be to choose the best, most reliable renovation contractor to handle the remodeling project. That’s where we come in; Crest Construction & Remodeling has a proven track record of excellence. Crest Construction & Remodeling is a full service home remodeling company that has worked on a wide range of projects. We have been servicing homeowners in ..
- Business Description:Construction Management specializing in all aspects of Residential and Commercial remodeling and new construction as well as water damage, mold mitigation and remediation. We accept all major credit cards. We work with all major insurance companies on damage claims and warranty projects with little or NO MONEY required from the client
Explore our Solution Center for helpful home warranty company articles
When considering a home in a rural area, you may not have access to a municipal sewer system. Learn all about living with well water and a septic tank before taking the plunge.
How long does a contractor have to warranty their work? Warranty lengths may vary by contractor and by state. We’ll cover how long work warranties typically last and what to look for in a warranty before you start your next home project.
Find home warranty companies in
home warranty companies in San Francisco
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- Buyers Protection Group (BPG)4300 Alexander Drive Ste 200
- Buyers Protection Group (BPG)
- DM Mold Inspection and Testing Services918 Willow St
- DM Mold Inspection and Testing Services
- Fidelity National Home WarrantyPO Box 8127
Walnut Creek, California
- Fidelity National Home Warranty
- Javier Insurance Agency2678 N Main St #22
Walnut Creek, California
- Javier Insurance Agency
- LOWE'S1340 EL CAMINO REAL
San Bruno, California
- MoistureFree Warranty20227 Railroad St
Cornelius, North Carolina
- MoistureFree Warranty
- New Beginnings Realty & Lending2213 Buchanan Rd. Ste 212
- New Beginnings Realty & Lending
- On Time Construction207 N 5th St
San Jose, California
- On Time Construction
- Quality First Home Improvement, Inc.485 Salmar Ave
- Quality First Home Improvement, Inc.
- Rescue Link8880 Ward Pkwy
Kansas City, Missouri
- Rescue Link
- winecountrytech1559 Pinebrook Pl
Santa Rosa, California
- Zion Builders Inc2309 W Alpine Ave
- Zion Builders Inc