Whether you’re looking to buy, sell, or refinance, you’ll need a good home appraiser. We’ll show you what to look for when hiring a home appraiser.
Get matched with top antique appraisers in Raleigh, NC
There are 2 highly-rated local antique appraisers.
Matching on Angi
Recent Jewelry Appraising Reviews in Raleigh
- nJOYn JewelersI found Sharon by chance when looking for a jeweler online that sold Charles and Colvard stones. I met with Sharon I believe for three appointments to go over styles and trying to come up with the perfect engagement ring. I feel she really spoke to what I wasn't saying and picked up on it. When I received my ring for Christmas it was even larger than I anticipated as Charles + Colvard was running a special at the time, which is nice that she made sure our money went to good use. I believe Sharon is reasonable in price and you can sleep at night knowing she truly cares about everyone that walks into her studio. Since my engagement ring Sharon has resized rings, made custom jewelry, and handled family heirlooms. I recommend her for all of your custom work and intimately handling your unique jewelry needs
- ROSS & CO JEWELERSMr Ross and Shelby were fantastic and overly helpful! They were very friendly and made the entire experience fun and light hearted. I had a ring that belonged to my mother, that the diamond had cracked. This was a 2 carat diamond and I was heartbroken. After researching the current market in diamonds today it seemed I was going to be extremely limited in my options as I had a very tight budget. Not only did Mr Ross find a 2ct diamond in my budget but set the diamond and had it looking brand new - and did this at no additional charge! The replacement was completed in the timeframe stated as I don’t expect to be placed ahead of others who’s repairs were there before mine. I have returned since with my Rolex and Patek watches and received the same excellent service with them as well. I will be a life long customer! Oh he also provided me with a free appraisal as well!
- The Persian CarpetThe staff at the Persian Carpet is fantastic! They are incredibly knowledgeable (PhD's!), friendly, helpful, have high integrity, and go the extra mile. Their store is THE place to go for a great selection of beautiful, high quality wool and silk rugs from all over the world. I enjoyed doing business with them on several occasions (purchasing rugs, rug cleaning, rug appraisal), and highly recommend them
- Kim Piracci GG Jewelry AppraiserKim was awesome! I showed up to her office with the ring and she gave me all the details that I was looking for (including cut, carat, color, clarity and value). The whole process took about an hour. I had received the ring as a hand-me-down and wanted to use the diamond in a pendant for my wife. But before doing that, I wanted to make sure it was something of value (since I had no idea). Kim was a pleasure to work with -- she was super friendly, very knowledgeable (and has all the credentials to back it up) and gave me a several ideas on what to do with it. I only had the one piece of jewelry but I'd definitely use her again when I need to get anything else appraised (I'm pretty sure she offers discounts if you're getting multiple pieces appraised). Overall, I highly recommend her
- Johnson Inc Gold & Coin Collection BuyersSuzzanne is a wonderful find; I cannot recommend her highly enough. I purchased the service and then ended up not using it for several months. She was extremely patient, did not rush me at all, and honored the purchase even though it had been almost 6 months. She is extremely pleasant and cheerful, and made a tedious task much easier. She mailed out a kit to me in advance with materials that we might need for the appraisal, including a magnifying glass. This was very helpful and there was no additional charge for the kit. Suzzanne's schedule was very flexible; she worked with me to find a time that was convenient for me. She did not have rigid work hours but instead said that she could even be available for an evening video conference if needed. During the appraisal, she was very patient and easy to talk to. The full service took about 2 hours for what was (to me) a rather large collection. She was patient during the call when I needed a few minutes to get reorganized, etc. She was obviously quite knowledgeable about currency, asking very specific questions about certain coins, etc. (E.g., "On the back of that coin, under the eagle, is there a letter 's'?") I requested that the appraisal be broken into four groups and she readily accommodated that request. She completed her appraisal and provided it to me within less than 24 hours (more like 12 hours, really). She offered to talk to me either by email, phone, or additional video conference to answer any questions I might have about the appraisal. I am extremely pleased that I found Suzzanne through Angie's List and recommend her services without reservation
- GRIMBALL JEWELERSThey were very honest with me, that they would not give me what the rings were worth. They said they were very valuable rings and I would be better off selling them on e-bay. They were wonderful: prompt, responsive, honest, professional, very knowledgeable and gave me great advice - they didn't have to tell me how to get a better price! The appraisal is a whole page
- Raleigh Diamond Fine JewelryWe took some silverware that was our parent's in to the Brier Creek location to sell. The location was very easy to find. This was our second time there and with both times had an excellent experience. We were led immediately back so that our silver could be looked at. With every step it was explained to us about what they were doing and how it worked. We were given a fair price and felt very pleased with the overall service and customer service
- Raleigh Diamond Fine JewelryI took my jewelry to James and then decided to get a second quote from another gold buyer that a co-worker had mentioned; after driving to downtown Raleigh from the Brier Creek area, I definitely ended up going back to James! He gave me a much better deal! I would suggest saving time and gas and going to James first! He is very professional and great to deal with
- Serendipity AntiquesWe found Heather and Chris on Craigslist and were immediately connected with them - they are warm, friendly, and very committed to taking care of the people they work with. They stayed late so that we could get their studio after a long day and they walked us through all the options and helped us consider the best approach. They then took care of getting things cleaned up, refinished, and were very flexible with us getting back to the studio to pick up the finished pieces. We were ecstatic and can't wait to find more projects to have them do for us
- Raleigh Diamond Fine JewelryHe explained every detail, never walked away with my belongings and at any point and time made me feel pressured to sell him my jewelry. I liked his professionalism and mannerism and very satisfied with the amount my jewelry was appraised for. After the transaction he invited me back and stated that if I ever needed any help to please return and that he or any other staff member would be more than happy to assist me. Now that is what I call GREAT SERVICE!!! something that I don't get very often while out and about. I would highly recommend "Raleigh Gold Jewelry & Coin" to anybody!! They are very kind and pleasant people to work with! They have gained my business and I do plan to return!!! A+A+A+A+A
Last update on September 7, 2021
Jewelry Appraisers in Raleigh
Explore our Solution Center for helpful jewelry appraiser articles
Home appraisals can come in low, even during an ultra-hot real estate market. Here’s what to do when a home appraisal is lower than expected.
Find antique appraisers in
- Wake Forest,
- Archer Lodge,
- Fuquay Varina,
- Holly Springs,
- Willow Spring,
- New Hill,
- Wilsons Mills,
- Chapel Hill,
antique appraisers in Raleigh
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- JEFF JOHNSON RESTORATIONS & DESIGNS5300 ATLANTIC AVE STE 104
Raleigh, North Carolina 27609
- JEFF JOHNSON RESTORATIONS & DESIGNS
- Global Gold and Silver7 W 45th St Ste # 1200
New York, New York 10036
- Global Gold and Silver
- Johnson Inc Gold & Coin Collection Buyers7853 Gunn Hwy. #189
Tampa, Florida 33626
- Johnson Inc Gold & Coin Collection Buyers
- Kim Piracci GG Jewelry Appraiser1709 Legion Rd Ste 113
Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27517
- Kim Piracci GG Jewelry Appraiser
- New England Appraisers Assoc6973 Crestridge Road
Memphis, Tennessee 38119
- New England Appraisers Assoc
- The Persian Carpet5634 Durham Chapel Hill Blvd
Durham, North Carolina 27707
- The Persian Carpet