All American Van Lines Inc

Founded 1994 • With Angi since August 2010

303 Smith St

Farmingdale, NY 11735

Florida Location 5411 N W 3rd Ave Miami, FL 33127 (888) 666-6683 786-536-4831 No hidden costs. No surprises. And we put it in writing! Professionally trained movers on every job. Your move is Stress Free. We take care of all the details so that you can relax. Our customers enjoy a professional move with extra friendly service. Your items are delivered safely from door to door and we go the extra mile to keep you happy. We also move Hot tubs and Piano as well as all household goods. Nation Wide Please call 1-888-777-Move (6683). New York Locations Numbers 631-752-3000, 212-681-0269, 718-206-2898,516-433-5823, FL please call (888) 666-MOVE (6683), 786-536-4831...

09/03/2019

Robin M.

DO NOT HIRE THIS COMPANY! They claim to be Professional Movers but trust me...they are NOT! I used All American Van Lines based in Farmingdale NY specifically because they stated they were professional Piano Movers. And of course I was charged extra to move the Piano. When I unwrapped my beautiful white Baby Grand Piano I was heartbroken to observe that it had extensive damage. Arel the Manager offered to reimburse me $100, even though the repair cost $450. But he wanted me to sign and notarize a Form that forbids the Customer from writing a Review! That’s unethical and goes against every American’s right to Freedom of Speech. All American Van Lines thinks they can shield themselves from poor Reviews by bribing their Customers for $100??? Not this Customer!! I experienced multiple problems with All American. Both my Bedroom sets were assembled incorrectly and they had to send a Team to rectify the mistakes. They damaged and chipped pieces of my furniture. They ran out of proper moving supplies and wrapped my good Dining Room Chairs in dirty moving blankets. They chipped paint off the newly painted walls. They took hours longer than required because they were Bunglers - far from professional movers! A HUGE MISTAKE- DO yourself a favor and use another company!!

Description of Work
Local Residential Move, including Piano

Category moving companies, piano moving

Thank you for your feedback, we take every claim to heart and we regret that you are not happy, We would like to point out that your review has multiple inaccuracies First your move took place on 3/29/2018 and you contacted us for claiming damages to your piano on 8/19/2019 (One year and 5 months later). You write in your review “When I unwrapped my beautiful white Baby Grand Piano I was heartbroken to observe that it had extensive damage. “On 8/19/2019 you sent us an email telling us that you had just sold the piano and that it was never unwrapped since we delivered you the piano and only now after selling the piano to a buyer, who had used a different moving company to move the piano, and he is the one that found damages on the piano that could be because of our company but could also well be because of the moving company that he hired. It is just as possible that the other firm you used damaged the piano or that the piano was damaged during the 17 month it was in your home. Coming back to someone that moved you so long ago and blaming them is very un-reasonable. The $100 offer was not a bribe but a gesture in good faith to try and help you with the repair of the piano even though we have no proof the damages were caused by us and so much time has passed since we moved the piano. We are proud of the fact that our reputation precedes us, and while unfortunately, every great company gets a negative review now and then, the overwhelming majority of our reviews are filled with happy customers. We are happy to talk to anyone that Requires more information or has any questions. Please contact us at 888-777-6683 and we'll be happy to help and address any unresolved issue.

07/11/2019

Yifat M.

Great guys, very professional. Total move cost was slightly lower than the estimate I got. It was a big job and these guys worked hard and nothing was broken or damaged even though they had to bring everything up 3 flights of stairs. Highly recommend, will definitely use again.

Description of Work
Very professional at reasonable cost

Category moving companies

Thank yuo, best of luck in your new home

09/13/2018

neil H.

they took a very expensive leather ottoman and gave it to me with extensive water damage. it was raining the day of the move. they took an expensive wooden dining table and dinged it up twice. they took an expensive lamp, slightly bent it, then tried to repair it and ended up splitting it in half and hiding it in a closet. yeah. unreal. look out for extra charges like traveling from way out long island and parking tickets. disaster

Description of Work
huge damage

Category moving companies, storage units

We are very sorry that we failed to meet your expectation, Every one of our hard-working employees does their very best to provide great service to every one of our customers. All of us here are good decent people and no one ever intentionally scam or tried to take advantage of any of our customers. For the most part, we are successful as you can see by the hundreds of excellent reviews we have acquired here on Angie's List, Yelp, Google and all over the internet. In the few cases, we are not successful, we make it a priority to resolve any issue by providing the customer with repairs, resolutions, refunds etc. You are yet to file a claim with our claim department, so feel free to submit your claim and we'll make sure to process the claim as quickly as possible. All charges were specificaly indicated on the estimate you received prior to booking your job and no additional charges added at any time before during or after your move. If you need clarification of your bill don't hesitate to contact us. We are proud of the fact that our reputation precedes us, and while unfortunately, every great company gets a negative review now and then, the overwhelming majority of our reviews are filled with happy customers. We are happy to talk to anyone that requires more information or has any questions. Please contact us at 888-777-6683 and we'll be happy to help and address any unresolved issue.

09/05/2018

Jeanne A.

Everything arrived in perfect shape! The crew was very professional. I was able to ship a partial load.

Description of Work
Moving household furnishings and a wooden canoe from NY to Oregon

07/10/2018

VEENA V.

Had the worst possible experience of my life! They were unprofessional and worst behaved staff! Fought among themselves and two people went off for two hours and only moved half of the stuff and them dumped them all in the living room and flatly refused to keep the boxes in their proper rooms and left! Except for one person all of them behaved the worst! Every box was damaged and all my dishes are gone! Broke the dining set and taped the glass and not even had the courtesy to tell me about it. When I called them the next day to complete the half done work, the company said it’s going to be treated as a separate work and charged me again. The half a mile move from a two bedroom condo with minimum furniture to my own house two blocks away costed me double the amount of moving from California to New York for us! And they charge you by the hour! So the staff breaks fights and unauthorized absences are all in us!

Description of Work
I hired them to move houses

Category moving companies

Dear customer, We are very sorry that we failed to meet your expectation, Every one of our hard-working employees does their very best to provide great service to every one of our customers. All of us here are good decent people and no one ever intentionally scam or tried to take advantage of any of our customers. For the most part, we are successful as you can see by the hundreds of excellent reviews we have acquired here on Angie's List, Yelp, Google and all over the internet. In the few cases, we are not successful, we make it a priority to resolve any issue by providing the customer with repairs, resolutions, refunds etc. We are proud of the fact that our reputation precedes us, and while unfortunately, every great company gets a negative review now and then, the overwhelming majority of our reviews are filled with happy customers. We are happy to talk to anyone that requires more information or has any questions. Please contact us at 888-777-6683 and we'll be happy to help and address any unresolved issue.

04/27/2018

Jennifer M.

I’m in the middle of my first long haul move (NY > FL) and come to find, locating a reliable moving company that you also feel confident with, IS NOT EASY! Its hard finding a company that you can trust being responsible w/ transporting ALL of your belongings. I researched and spoke with multiple moving companies, and like many who are reading this comment, you're doing the same. You are likely seeing is a mix of negative and positive review across different companies, and you may even feel that many of these reps remind you of a used car salesperson (no offense to those who are); but all they wanted was to sell me on their reliability and pricing structure (while bashing other competitors), yet failed to properly address my concerns (united/mayflower is a prime example of a company where I experienced that feeling). Then I eventually came across All American Van Lines (AAVL) and noticed a quick difference off the bat. This is the one moving company that had more positive reviews than negative, which is obviously a good indicator. I started off with a video estimate with Arel, and he was pretty spot on. He (and Debbie) were also amazing for putting up with me and actually addressing all of my questions/concerns. I just had all of my items picked up for my moving ‘load’ date yesterday by AAVL, and lets just say I am **more than pleased** with my experience thus far. The movers who came to my home treated all of my belongings with the upmost care, and I’m floored by their professionalism (and how quickly they completed the job). Since the estimates with this company are non-binding, my final price is actually lower than my original estimated price, which AAVL honored… you’d think that is unheard of, but with them it’s not! Awesome, right? I’ll post an update upon delivery of my items, but so far I’m SO happy with my decision in choosing All American Van Lines as my shipping carrier. :)

Description of Work
Long Haul Move (NY > FL)

Category moving companies

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your review. We appreciate it very much

01/17/2018

Sheena N.

Horrible horrible I was told a 9:30 time. By 12ish spoke with driver and said someone hasn’t shown but will be at my house around 2. They showed up around 3:30. I canceled their services. Just horrible. I had my sister-n-law waiting in the hotel with my 1 week old nephew. I had to pay an extra night so they had a safe environment until I was done.

Description of Work
Moving across state

Category moving companies

We have checked our records and did not find someone with your name or address. please remove the review as soon as possible . If you think it is not an error please call us at 1-888-777-MOVE (6683)

10/23/2017

Eric A.

The men who actually performed the labor were fine. They arrived on time, were professional and efficient. However, they did significant damage to a coffee table. In a move this type of thing can happen. That is not the issue. The management of this company has shown no concern about the damage, They did send me a claim form but only after I contacted them although I noted the damage on the manifest I signed. The driver indicated that the form would be sent right away after he returned the paperwork to the office.

Description of Work
Moved belongings from house to apartment

Category moving companies

Sorry for this error, and thank you for you fairness in resolving the matter. Best of luck in your new home. Thank you

09/15/2017

Jason S.

They were very helpful and nothing broke. They were reasonable for their cost. I would use them again. There’s nothing specific that stood out, but they did a great job and we were very happy with their services.

08/14/2017

David K.

Wonderfully. Based on all the horror stories I read on the internet, I was very scared about a move this far and long, but I was pleasantly surprised with the quality service and attention to details All American Van Lines displayed. I would defiantly recommend and use their services again. I'd give them an A plus.

Description of Work
A move from New Jersey to San Diego, CA

Category moving companies

Thank you so much. Best of luck in your new home

08/05/2017

Stephanie C.

There was no way I could have moved my furniture without professional movers. I had king size and queen size bedroom furniture moved from the second floor of a house to the second floor of another house. The furniture was extremely heavy and difficult to bring down and up the stairs yet the movers were able to successfully move the furniture without damaging anything. I was very happy with their services and would recommend their services.

Description of Work
I had heavy bedroom furniture moved from one house to another house.

Category moving companies

Thank you very much, Best of luck in your new home

07/17/2017

Caryn L.

In this day & age where people take the time to complain, I wanted to take a moment to commend All American Van Lines. We moved my daughter from LI to Arlington Virginia. Everything went so smoothly. The price quoted was what we were billed at the end - no surprise hidden fees or add ons. The men that came both to pick the furniture up & deliver it a few days later were wonderful. They were extremely careful & conscientious. The men kept in contact with us to give an up to date time to expect delivery. From beginning to end it was a wonderful experience! I just wanted you to know how pleased we were. We will gladly recommend you in the future (& use your services when we move in a few years!)

Description of Work
Moved my daughter from Long Island to Virginia.

07/10/2017

David A.

Signing up was easy, They had to get insurance for the building and that was no problem. They arrived about an hour after the two hour period they said they would, but when they were there did a very professional and quick job. It took within the 10 working days to get there, that they had told me. It was a little hard to get an ETA from the scheduler, but everything worked out.

Description of Work
I needed to move about a bedroom of furniture from NYC to Ashevill NC

Category moving companies

Thank you for the feedback.

05/31/2017

Jim C.

They did an excellent job. They packed the furniture extremely well and got it here as scheduled.

Description of Work
Moved an antique bedroom set.

Category moving companies

Thank you so much for the nice feedback, best of luck in your new home.

04/20/2017

Steven H.

The crew was on time, very courteous and very fast. They sent two straight trucks instead of one trailer, which turned out to be a benefit at the delivery.

Description of Work
We moved a 4 bedroom house with a full garage to North Carolina from Long Island, NY.

Category moving companies

Thank you for the feedback. Best of luck in new home

03/15/2017

Joseph B.

In the price category, I put N/A because I found the hourly rates to be the same as another mover we considered. The move went very well. I was stressed to the limit from all the last minute packing, concerned about the weather, about our stuff being stored overnight. Miller and his crew alleviated all the stress with their demeanor, preparedness, etc. I would go as far as to say ask for them by name. Being more specific - this wasn't the hardest move a company could have, but it did have one wrinkle, getting stuff up from a storage room. It added steps and distance. The crew would have benefited from one of those hand trucks that walks up stairs like they have legs. They planned what they needed to do, moved quickly, and were sociable. They wrapped our furniture thoroughly, loaded and unloaded carefully, no dings or scratches on our items. At least one of our former neighbors is moving about the same distance later this year, I'll recommend they drop a dime on All American.

Description of Work
In-state move, approx. 150 miles. We did the packing. All American picked up, stored overnight due to the distance, then delivered the following day.

Category moving companies

Thank you so much, Best of luck in your new home

02/27/2017

Jenny R.

The guys who packed our stuff and then unpacked on the other end were amazing. They worked incredibly hard and were a pleasure to be with. Unfortunately their truck wasn't quite big enough. It turns out that their largest truck is not the massive 18 wheeler furniture moving truck we needed. If your home is relatively large (over 2,500 sq feet), pay close attention to whether your possessions will actually fit into one of their trucks. We had a 3,500+ home that was not full of furniture (we sold 1/2 before the move), and we still didn't have enough space for everything. The guys did an incredible job of getting most of our stuff in, but it took them over 8 hours to pack because they had to fit it in like a jigsaw puzzle. They wrapped all the furniture well to protect it and we had no breakages along the way. We were also expecting 4 packers but only 3 were there for the job.

Description of Work
We had our furniture and boxes moved from CT to ME.

Category moving companies

Thank you so much for your kind feedback , we take it to heart ! Please call us at 1-888-777-MOVE

12/16/2016

Rita M.

The moving men were excellent. We had a discrepancy in regards to the estimated vs actual cost, but they worked it out with me.

Description of Work
I needed to move the entire contents of my home

Thank you for the feedback , please call us at 631-752-3000

12/12/2016

Amy M.

No problems! The move was flawless.

Description of Work
Moving a room of furniture from Miami to Portland, ME.

11/29/2016

John M.

In July, 2016 we hired All American Val Lines to move within NJ. Upon unpacking we found that at least 3 cases of liquor (1 case mixed beer and small bottles of wine, 1 case of wine, 1 case of mixed hard liquor) and one bottle of Johnny Walker Blue were missing. The Johnny Walker was taken out of a sealed box that was cut open and resealed with the companies tape. In addition, 3 other cases of hard liquor were cut open and resealed with the companies tape. Each of those boxes had 1-2 bottles missing. Of the other ~100 boxes moved, no other boxes I had sealed were opened and resealed. Clearly their crew went through those boxes with the intent to steal. The company was able to find and return 1 case mixed beer and small bottles of wine, 1 case of wine, 1 case of mixed hard liquor and one bottle of Johnny Walker Blue. However, other items from the opened cases of liquor were not recovered. Also, the items were then on a truck for 3 days during the heat of summer. Likely the wine has been ruined. In addition, several of the small bottles of wine (6 that were ~$50 each) showed signs of damage (leaking due to exposure to heat) The company tried to say they were left on the truck as accident. However, that is impossible. No way just 3 boxes were undelivered on accident, and all happened to be alcohol. Also, the Johnny Walker was in a sealed box that was deliberately cut open and the bottle removed. No reasonable person can think that was an accident, yet they chose to hold that line! The manager also let me know that he was not going to interview the crew to try to find out who did it. At first that made me comfortable, as there would not be a disgruntled employee who knows where my family lives. However, that is crazy from the company’s perspective. How can they allow these same employees into another customer’s house? Do you want them in yours? The company taking no steps to find the person responsible is the same as condoning the theft and allowing it to happen again. Inexcusable! The manager of the company offered what seemed a small compensation due to the inconvenience. He also asked that I write a fair review. The point he was making was that if it wasn’t for the theft of the alcohol, I would rate them well, so that one event should not result in just a negative review. I will leave it up to you on how you would feel if they move most things well, but took just a few along the way. How would you rate them? To me the theft outweighs all positives of the move. They were hired to move all my valuables, not just those items their crew didn’t wanted to keep for themselves. Their further inaction to find the guilt party makes it clear they don’t care if it happens again. Not who I want in my house moving my valuables.

Description of Work
Theft while moving within North Jersey

Category moving companies

We received your feedback and as we explained over the phone we took the complaint seriously and did all we could to remedy it. Your missing boxes were found immediately and brought back to you, and financial compensation to cover your possible loss was offered. In 25 years of business you were the only complaint of this nature and due to that we have to take into account all possible explanations. We also have a new protocol in place to ensure we avoid another complaint of this kind loss happening again. From our stand point we provided you with the best move we could, when you did alert us you had an issue we did all that can be done to correct it. We understand that this is not enough from your stand point , we regret the situation took place and wish you the best of luck in your new home. We truly hope the general public will look beyond this review and see our many hundreds of positive reviews on Angie list and the many thousands all over the web. For more information please contact us at 1-888-777-MOVE (6683)

11/28/2016

allen R.

Excellent, on time, good work and done faster than expected

Description of Work
Moved from a 3 bedroom apartment on second floor to a new house 5 miles away

Category moving companies

Thank you for the feedback. Best of luck in your new home.

11/23/2016

eliyahu L.

Major thanks to the awesome All American Van Lines for the smoothest and most stress free move

Description of Work
Moved my entire apartment to a house

Category moving companies, storage units

Thank you for the nice feedback. Best of luck in your new home

10/28/2016

Andrew B.

Their crew arrived right on schedule and carefully wrapped all my furniture in heavy moving blankets. The three members of the crew all worked non stop including their leadman. Nothing was dropped or damaged. Furniture is now in storage to be returned at a later date.

Description of Work
Needed furniture in my dining & living rooms picked up and placed into storage at All American during a major house renovation.

Category moving companies, storage units

Thank you so much for the nice feedback

10/25/2016

Carole L.

Couldn't have been better. From the coordinator, Stephanie to the driver, everything went smoothly. I was informed all along the way. When the driver came for pickup, he looked things over to ensure I packed things securely. He saw a few things that needed reinforcement and he took care of them. If I ever need a long-distance mover, I would call them.

Description of Work
Moved from Oak Park, Illinois to Coconut Creek Florida. Nothing broken or missing. Driver polite, professional, good communicator.

09/22/2016

Danielle D.

Overall, they did a good job. They worked steadily. I wouldn't say they worked fast but they were careful. They were helpful in that they helped me pack up certain things that I hadn't had on the initial request. They were willing to go ahead and do that. I would definitely recommend them. They were on time. When I had some miscommunication, somebody did pick-up the phone. As far the application of that big deal, that didn't go too smoothly. I ad to call back a couple of times to had it figured out with them. That wasn't smooth but it did eventually get rectified. As far as the moving was concerned, I was satisfied. I used them twice. What happens with them is they charge you by the hour so the initial big deal, for however many hours it was, it turned out to be more hours because I added things on that I asked them to do. I just thought that the big deal itself was probably worthwhile but I wasn't quite sure how it all worked out in term of the hours because it was based on an hourly thing. They were good and I would use them again. I haven't done that much moving of stuff. They moved it to one house first from my house then to my sister's house which was in Westchester so they traveled the distance to go there and then came back. We were charged also for their travel time. In terms of their getting it done in three locations, I thought they were pretty efficient and they had figured it out as far as what went where in the truck. Nothing got broken. They did a good job of protecting. The second time, I also had a piano moved which I think is an important piece. I had asked them first time, could you move the piano and they said yes they could. It was a baby grand piano. They did move that piano which was no easy job. It got here safely and I was very pleased with that piece of it. That was part of the bigger move, it was really cost efficient to do it that way, by having them move a piano as well as all the other stuff at the same time. Really, that was a savings there. If I had just them move a piano, it would have cost me not as much but it would have cost me half as much as they did the whole thing that I did at that one place. They did it well. That is not something that everybody can do. There are company that's all they do but these guys has sufficient experience. They sent somebody over who obviously has done it before because they had to take the piano apart and then put it back together. That took several guys to do. I was satisfied with them and that was something that was of course a great concern because the piano was of sentimental value to my family. I thought the work was very good. I wouldn't say it was perfect because at times I did see guys lounging around a little bit and I did feel that added to the time factor. They were professional. Nothing got stolen but I was with them the entire time watching all the work they did.

Description of Work
They moved stuff from two different places.