Global Gold and Silver

Founded 2008 • With Angi since June 2013

4.3

7 W 45th St Ste # 1200

New York, NY 10036

Whether you're selling a diamond engagement ring, your mother’s Tiffany jewelry, Your father's Gold & Silver Coin collection, or it's time to sell a Rolex watch you no longer wear, we'll appraise your jewelry for its highest worth, then make you an offer you can’t refuse. At Global, we make selling your jewelry, diamonds and gold valuables an honest, private and free experience via free mail-in service via FedEx insured overnight shipping....

08/06/2019

Stacie D.

your referral is too far away. I'm in CA. They are in NY

Description of Work
jewelry appraisal.

Category jewelry appraisal

we are not at fault that our location is not near you. you do not need to leave us feedback if we did not meet your criteria of location services. angie's list is at fault for advertising us outside of new york.

07/22/2019

Eugene B.

I never heard from anyone.

Description of Work
Appraise a ships door table and a curved glass china/curio cabinet.

Category jewelry appraisal

dear mr. [Member Name Removed] our company is located in new york city , i'm sorry we do not service your area. but it is not a reason for you to leave us negative feedback. please re consider it and remove your review.

06/10/2019

Celeste E.

he sent me a check for$37.70 and said i had a belgium table and a cabinet...this was a total....lie........i called him to ask him how could you make such a false claim,,,,,but then i read about him and they said he was a thief and a fraud...he hung up the phone on me when I guessed him...........this i s how he operated my ant dining table and chairs cost me 650.. back in 1990 and my china cabinet 375 6 yrs ago...i called metro and they said this is a civil matter... he is a bully and a dishonest person....beware....I never knew anything before i put my antique furniture at him auction.............................beware

Description of Work
i put a beautiful antique dining table and matching 4 chairs and a curved glass antique china cabinet

Category jewelry appraisal

dear sir this review was left for the wrong business , we have never bought any furniture from anyone . we are a jewelry and precious metal buyer located in new york . please remove this errant review or we will reach out to angie's list to do so for violation of company guide lines.

05/28/2019

Lorraine Z.

Was very nice, and gave me valuable information on our antiques

Description of Work
Information

01/24/2019

Rose J.

He was great to work with, but due to a bunch of stuff happening right now (the death of my sister), I am unable to complete this request. Do plan on getting back to him when everything settles down.

Description of Work
A ring appraisal.

Category jewelry appraisal

we are very sorry for your loss, we hope to connect again with you in the near future.

01/22/2019

Lori D.

They were very attentive. I was advised that they could not take on the job. Because if their professionalism and prompt reply, I would hire them if a future need arises.

Description of Work
Appraisal of an antique statue

thank you!

12/11/2018

Angela D.

Bad ... I must have not gave a lot of detail but I had this art piece appraised through a local dealer and it appraised Way more ....

Description of Work
Art appraiser

Category jewelry appraisal

DEAR [Member Name Removed] WE ARE NOT AN ART DEALER AND WE OFFERED TO TRY TO LOCATE ONE HERTE IN NEW YORK FOR YOU. I'M NOT SURE WHY YOU HAD TO LEAVE US NEGATIVE FEEDBACK .THIS IS VERY DISAPPOINTING.

09/07/2017

Nancy M.

It was my first time selling my jewelry I felt I was taken advantage of. A lot of my jewelry had precious or semi-precious stones, diamonds etc. the process wasn't explained to me. I was told to just dump everything on the table the owner went through everything so fast. Anyway I should have gotten a second opinion my fault.

Description of Work
Jewelry appraisal

Category jewelry stores, jewelry appraisal

10/18/2016

Domenic P.

02/16/2016

Debbi B.

The very first time I came to the location, I was greeted by a very nice gentleman who was dressed in a suit and was very professional. He was very honest and not pushy. I felt comfortable during the transaction. This impression made me believe that I could use them for future needs. This last time I went, unfortunately the gentleman I worked with originally was no longer there. Instead, I worked with someone else who was very unprofessional and really aggressive. He was digging at what I had to sell and before I left said make sure you leave a good review for me on Yelp. When I went to pick up a piece he was fixing, he was sure to tell me he didn't see a review from me on Yelp. He put me in a position where i felt like he would be less trustworthy if i hadn't given him a good review. Now, I feel like I don't have someone reputable to go to.

Description of Work
They were recommended to me by a friend. I have had 2 previous experiences and 1 that had me come back. This last time I came to their location, was interested in selling some of my jewelry.

Category jewelry appraisal

Thank You for Your Feedback, I am very sorry to hear that you did not have a 5 start experience with us. Our goal is always to offer a comfortable environment with no obligations, we believe that as a service business our goal is to make customers - not just transactions. Every staff member at Global is trained to offer exceptional customer service regardless of any feedback. I hope that we have another opportunity to serve you in the future.

01/22/2016

Christopher S.

Description of Work
Appraisal and purchase of precious metals and gemstones.

01/21/2016

Nicole S.

Just keep in mind that the more you know about the current price for gold, silver and gems, the better you will be able to negotiate a good price for your items.

Description of Work
They evaluated some gold pieces I had for sale, we negotiated a price, and they paid me in cash for them.

01/21/2016

Tom S.

Description of Work
They appraised some coins and offered a price. Just be aware of the current rates for gold and silver.

01/20/2016

Paul K.

Description of Work
They appraised a piece of silver and provided a price for sale.

01/20/2016

Gloria A S.

Description of Work
I sold some jewelry to them. They were very nice, professional, and very fair.

01/05/2016

Nona U.

During the holidays I was given antique pieces of fine jewelry that were heirlooms and in my family for several generations. My husband and I really weren't sure where to start in evaluating what do with them as far as selling them or keeping them and we really didn't even know what the quality was, we just knew they were old. We found a few other places that told us they were real gold, and we could sell them and have them melted down and be paid based on the total gold amount. I just didn't feel right about having these items melted, they felt like they were worth more than just gold- 2 gorgeous antique broches and a watch. We found Global Gold and silver online and set up an appointment with Steve.. It felt like he appreciated the items for more than just their value in ct wt of gold and educated us on where they were from. Because of their age, he also told us they may not be melted down and that they may be able to be resold at auction or in the marketplace which made us feel a lot better about moving forward. We sold the items to them at what we feel was a very fair negotiated rate which was above everyone else's price and left feeling comfortable that our family's antiques were left in good hands. We definitely recommend.

Description of Work
Performed a thorough evaluation and purchased 2 gold broches and an antique watch I was given during the Holidays.

Jewelry Sales/Design/Repair
    Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check, PayPal, Financing

Appraisals. Buy - Jewelry, Coins, & Silverware.