The cost of installing a TV antenna is worth it if you want to watch free, over-the-air local and national TV channels. Costs vary depending on the antenna type, location, and whether you need to hire a professional for installation.
Get matched with top tv antenna repair companies in Portland, OR
There are 7 highly-rated local tv antenna repair companies.
Recent Antenna Repair Reviews in Portland
- ABLEMAN TV & ELECTRONIC SERVICETom installed the new antenna and then checked strength at 3 TV's. The strength was less at TV's than on roof, so he decided to install a new distributor box in the attic which fixed that problem. After he retested strength and reception of all channels for all three TV's, he decided to replace cable to one TV. Tom had also connected the two converter boxes we had purchased with our government coupons for the two older TV's that needed those. When he was all done, he gave us a tutorial on how to rescan the channels after the digital change in June for the 2 old TV's and the new one
- ABLEMAN TV & ELECTRONIC SERVICEGreat. He installed a line in the crawl space to make the cable as short as possible to lose the least signal power. The antenna went up on a very high roof.
- Vision Installations LLCMark was great from the get go. He answered my questions honestly including pluses and minuses of each option. He needed to order the antenna and kept me up to date on when it would arrive and scheduled a time that was convenient for me to be home. During the installation he did a check of the signal strength and found it was very strong so was able to go with a less expensive antenna. I also had some cable on hand that he said was quite good and used that for the installation. I now have a clear picture and multiple over the air channels. ..couldn't be happier
- ABLEMAN TV & ELECTRONIC SERVICEHusband and I went into the store about 15 minutes before closing on Saturday, May 21. Fellow at counter very helpful. Suggested price would be somewhere between $200 and $400. Offered to give our info to Thom, who would call us the following Monday. Thom called Monday morning and offered to come do the job that afternoon. He came around 2:00 pm and got right to work, attaching antenna to roof where old cable dish had been. Thom made sure all TVs had good signal. I think he was done in a little over an hour
- ABLEMAN TV & ELECTRONIC SERVICEThom was fantastic! He showed up right on time and was very thorough. He tested all the channels on the television multiple times to ensure that the reception was good.
- Vision Installations LLCIt went very well. He was knowledgable and made sure I had reception. He explained why some channels didn't have good reception. He was easy to talk to and answered my questions. He gave me advise. The price was fair. I recommend him to anyone.
- ABLEMAN TV & ELECTRONIC SERVICEExcellent! First, Tom found my house which is not marked, with only my general directions. He had all the necessary equipment for troubleshooting my specific problem. There was no wasted time. He knew how to use the TiVo system tools to get signal strength readings. I had multiple root causes to my problem, and he methodically resolved each one until both TVs received clear signals on all "free" over the air network broadcast stations. He even crawled under my house without any complaint. I really appreciate that he never suggested, as so many had, that I cut down 100+ year old trees or "just subscribe to DirectTV". (Cable is not available in my area.) "I WANT MY FREE TV" had become my mantra. I had been looking for someone to perform this service since the digital conversion in June. I thought I was well prepared, but I wasn't. I had many conversations with the digital conversion help line, TV repair people, TV retailers, anyone I could think of who might know someone who could help. The only helpful person was at OPB via the help line. Everybody else sent me to another dead end of companies that "don't do that" and "don't know anybody who does", "aren't licensed in Oregon", or simply never even returned my phone call (the vast majority). This was an extremely painful experience. Along the way I identified a number of companies I will NEVER patronize. If only I'd checked Angie's List first . . . I know that in the scheme of things watching TV is quite trivial, but it means a lot to me. I just started working after 16 months of unemployment, so it was important for me to resolve this problem without a monthly payment forever and ever. I am really looking forward to watching Two And A Half Men tonight! I am extremely grateful to Abelman TV and Angie's List. Now I have a few more projects . .
- Tyson Whiteside Audio VideoThey did everything without rush. There was a little bit of complication due to our house design and they were able to work around and the finished product look great. The cable is discreet.
- ABLEMAN TV & ELECTRONIC SERVICEI connected a digital converter box to my existing analog television. The analog broadcast signal had been excellent with the attic mounted TV antenna, but once I began receiving digital broadcasts, the signal would frequently drop out. Rex Ableman diagnosed the likely problem by email as lack of a UHF antenna since most of the local TV stations are broadcasting their digital signals at UHF frequencies. One of his staff made a house call within two hours of my telephone call for service. By the time the technician arrived, I had set up a ladder to access the attic. He inspected the signal to my converter box, checked out the TV antenna, which indeed was only VHF, and tested an indoor antenna. I was willing to pay more for a UHF antenna installed in the attic with the VHF antenna rather than have an indoor antenna on top of the TV, so he did the installation. Before leaving, he again checked the signal, which is now excellent, and adjusted the TV brightness and contrast for me. I was very pleased with the prompt service and the technician came with everything needed for the job in his truck. The whole experience took about an hour
- A Guy I Know IncIt went well. I was not happy with the insistence of using their web site for payment. I like to pay through my credit union's online bill payment service. The fellow wanted the money right away and it takes two days for the credit union to get the money to them. I did pay with a check the first day when I was home when they were there. On the second day I was at work so I asked him to email me a bill and I would pay it, which I did. Overall it went well
Tv Antenna Service in Portland
- Business Description:Free Phone Consultation. Not sure if we can help? Give us a call, it's on us! We are more than happy to talk with you and discuss your computer problems. Fast service. In some cases we can help you right now! If not, we will schedule an appointment that fits your schedule. If you receive our answering service, please leave us a message. We will call you back as soon as possible. Domestic Based Support. Our company is based right here in the United States and all of our technicians speak clear..Recent Review:It went fabulously. I will not use anyone but Alexander. PeriodDiane J.
- Business Description:We are a company specializing in low voltage installation and repair.Recent Review:The work went great. When I used Angie's List to find a pro, Ryan responded right away. He promptly provided us with a quote and was available just a few days after we accepted his quote. He arrived on time and had our TV mounted on a brick wall, above a fireplace rather quickly. I appreciated his attention to detail when it came to getting the TV level and mounted flush with the wallMark L.
- Recent Review:Did a good job & were professional. Everything looks great! Will call them for any future business & will recommend to others.LYUBOV T.
- Business Description:TV Repair CompanyRecent Review:It want great, super helpful and very willing to share expertise explaining how to determine issues with my set myself, also good pricing & very accommodating regarding returns etc, super satisfied! Not my first visit and will continue to give them all my electronic repairs etc, a very happy customerFrank S.
- Business Description:DC Connections, LLC is a Portland, OR. based concept ~ the Rose City of the great Pacific Northwest. We are dedicated to providing state-of-the-art audio/video cables, in-wall & ceiling speakers, volume controls, home automation, security cameras, window shades, lighting control, source distribution panels, and A/V connectors from the leading industry manufacturers. DC Connections, LLC specializing in residential homes, beginning with extensive planning, carefully itemized estimates that wil..Recent Review:They promptly gave an estimate and performed the work quickly and cleanly. Clean install and I would hire them again.David P.
- Business Description:When it comes to Portland electrical contractors, accept only the best. Falcon Electric puts a premium on providing consistent quality and true customer service. We offer a wide range of professional residential and commercial electrical services for our valued clients. Our extensive experience, consistent quality, unmatched customer service and local focus make us a leader as a local Portland electrical contractor. We have built our reputation by treating our customers like family. That’s ou..Recent Review:It was very easy to work with Falcon Services. Our questions were always promptly and courteously answered. In particular, after having read the transfer switch manual, I had questions about the appropriate way to wire certain main panel circuits to the transfer switch panel circuits. Scott explained thoroughly and patiently why he made the connections as he did. I would readily have Falcon Services do work for us in the future and would highly recommend them to anyone needing electrical servicesGary P.
- Business Description:We are a Mobile RV repair and installation service. Our shop rate is $100 service call and $150 an hour. That sure beats a $500 towing charge or unhooking everything to drive your rig to a far away shop so you can get on the calendar to repair your rigRecent Review:Excellent! Tuck is awesome! Thought my camper roof was a lost cause. He was able to restore where dry rot damage was. This man is a craftsman and very thorough. The roof I have on now is better than what there was before! When he shows up to work....he works. Cheerful countenance and easy to work with and explains what he’s doing.I can always tell the measure of a man by the way he speaks of his wife and work ethics.Tucks the real dealMatt D.
- Business Description:Have no fear, HelloTech is here. We can send a tech to your door to help with your computer, home theater, TV mounting, and general device needs. In many cases, we can solve your issues remotely for much less, simply by connecting to your computerRecent Review:One hour to set up a 32 " TV and sound bar. We are now using 3 remotes to operate TV. Kept asking questions. Second hour was the Harmony remote. First he did not bring computer. Had to use ours. Kept asking questions. He did not connect all of our equipment, we need to get someone else to correct what he did. Our last remote programming was done in 20 minutes. Plus during this covid time, he had to use bathroomJeanne & Temple B.
- Business Description:As a family owned business with over 45 years of experience, we service all makes and models of TV's and electronics. Our mission is to satisfy our customers needs while offering fast and friendly service at an excellent value. We offer in-home service, as well as a storefront service centerRecent Review:We've now had our TV repaired twice at this shop, for two different problems. The business owner is quick to diagnose the problem and explain our options clearly. For the first repair, we chose to have Dan ship the board to a contractor who would warranty the work, which did cost extra. Six months later, we were glad we had, because a different section of the board went out. Dan worked with the other company to arrange for the repair to be covered under the warranty, and didn't charge for his labor the second time. The board was returned and the TV works great. I'm impressed with the helpfulness of this shop, and it's reducing our e-waste by fixing instead of replacingKathleen I.
- Business Description:We offer a free, on-site, no obligation consultation to determine whether or not one of our turn-key solutions will work, of if the situation calls for a more custom solution. In either case, we then provide a not-to-exceed quote to our client so that they can make an educated decision. Additional Email - email@example.com. cost is detrmine by the jobRecent Review:The guy that showed up was fine. Was to get replacement parts for Bose speaker wire. I have called 4 times in 2 weeks and no one will call me back . I left messages with a real person each time but to no avail.Michelle R.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful tv antenna service articles
Tired of dealing with the cable company? Many people now use digital antennas for local programming, and online streaming services for other entertainment.
Cable customers in Virginia first blamed bad weather for a recent outage in service. Turns out the real problem wasn't ice or snow, but battery thieves.
Find tv antenna repair companies in
- Oak Grove
- Lake Oswego
- King City
- Happy Valley
- West Linn
- Wood Village
- Oregon City
tv antenna repair companies in Portland
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- A -1 TV & Electronics Service Inc10607 NE Hwy 99
- A Guy I Know Inc2850 SW Cedar Hills Blvd. #345
- ABLEMAN TV & ELECTRONIC SERVICE5414 NE FOURTH PLAIN BLVD
- Alexander Technical Resources1263 Glenwood Ave SE
- At Your Door RV Service10002 North Oswego Avenue
- A -1 TV & Electronics Service Inc
- Falcon Services10180 SW Park Way, Suite C
- Falcon Services
- Geek On IT28375 SE Paradise Rd.
Eagle Creek, Oregon
- Geek On IT
- HOME WIRE LLCPO Box 401
Battle Ground, Washington
- HOME WIRE LLC
- Knowledge118860 NW Rock Creek Cir
- Lite Electric LLC
- Lite Electric LLC
- N.W. AutoCraft4806 NE 138th Ct
- N.W. AutoCraft
- One Touch Audio Video17997 NW. Evergreen Pkwy. 201
- One Touch Audio Video
- Tyson Whiteside Audio Video11122 Ne Oregon St
- Tyson Whiteside Audio Video
- Wel-Comm LLC6935 SW Molalla Bend Rd
- Wel-Comm LLC