How long does a contractor have to warranty their work? Warranty lengths may vary by contractor and by state. We’ll cover how long work warranties typically last and what to look for in a warranty before you start your next home project.
Get matched with top home warranty companies in Portland, OR
There are 1 highly-rated local home warranty companies.
Recent Home Warranty Reviews in Portland
- Jason Ray VombaurJason works for American Family Insurance, and they are very helpful. They came out immediately, and they called all the companies and coordinated the process to make sure that our floor gets back to normal. They recommended us to someone who had reasonable flooring prices as well. They helped us tremendously, and I am very happy with them
- Fidelity National Home WarrantyMost of the repair people were punctual, professional, and didn't smell like they had been smoking on the way over. Everything that needed repair or replacement in 2006 was repaired or replaced. I paid a flat fee of $50.00 by check to the company that came to my assistance. There were many times when the bill would have been over $200.00. I was very fortunate to have this policy
- Landmark Home WarrantyCalled them and told them the washing machine was making a really bad noise. The agent told me that they won't service an appliance for noise. So that policy really bit them as three days later the washer seized completely. It cost them a lot to repair it as the tub and bearing assembly had to be replaced, not including the delay we experienced waiting for parts
- O'Reilly'S AutomotiveThree months later my truck went into safe mode and reduced my speed to ten miles an hour as I came off the freeway. I found a GMC dealer in Baker City, Oregon and they serviced the truck. I was informed that the filter I was sold provided too much air for the vehicle and it overloaded and damaged the air sensor unit. The filter and service cost me $250 and the new sending unit would be $400 dollars to replace. This was caused by the filter sold to me by the O'Reilly representative in Montana.. The GMC dealer even provided me with a bulletin released by GM regarding this particular problem. I sent in all the information to O'Reilly customer service and this went on for several months. I took the old filter to the store in Portland, along with all the information that I had, and explained to their manager that I was told to bring it in and it was to be sent to customer service. When I checked in with them, I was told that the filter was nowhere to be found and there was nothing they could do for me. They gave me the phone number for the manufacturer and said for me to call them. The number is 800-888-3333. Also not a working number
- Colonial Home WarrantyI paid money upfront for their services. We have been having issues regarding their policy lately. They have told me different times that they will not cover certain things. Our heating unit did not work. There is never a supervisor around to speak with. I have canceled my service.
- HOME BUYERS RESALE WARRANTY CORPOUR EXPERIENCE WITH THIS COMPANY HAS BEEN TERRIBLE. WE BEGAN HAVING TROUBLE WITH OUR FURNACE IN AUGUST OF 05, AND AFTER THEY HAD DISPATCHED THREE DIFFERENT REPAIR CONTRACTORS OVER A PERIOD OF THE NEXT 10 MONTHS WITHOUT THE PROBLEM BEING FIXED, THEY FINALLY AGREED THAT WE COULD FIND OUR OWN REPAIRMAN AND BE REIMBURSED FOR OUR COST. WE DID AND GOT THE JOB DONE - AND NOW THEY DON'T WANT TO PAY FOR ANY PORTION OF THE FIX BECAUSE THEY SAY THE TYPE OF THERMOSTAT THAT WAS REPLACED IS NOT COVERED BY THE WARRANTY. OUR WARRANTY IS NOW EXPIRED, AND THEY NOW REFUSE TO COMMUNICATE WITH US ABOUT THIS
- 2-10 Home Buyers WarrantyWe just had nothing but bad experiences with them. So far after we moved in, our inspector suggested that we get the service because it's a 20-year old house. I wouldn't think that thee furnace was in terrible shape or anything. It's a 20-year old furnace and it probably had a minimum. It just needed to be serviced and cleaned. She suggested we do that after we moved in. We did have it serviced and cleaned. They found a hole in one of the major parts that needed to be replaced. 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty: Home Warranty Company multiple times has denied the claims. They said it's pre-existing which is not really true. I would like other Angie's List members to know that they shouldn't choose them because they just refused to pay. They automatically denied the claim and we had to fight for it which was unfortunate. It's not necessarily about the price. It's more about being able to pay for the things that are clearly in their literature. They're terrible to deal with. They're not living to their end of it. It was clearly stated in their literature that heating systems are covered
Home Warranty Companies in Portland
- Business Description:Surface Link specializes in repairing, restoring and modifying countertops and upgrading or replacing sinks, in commercial and residential settings, all over the United States and Canada. Replacing a countertop can be costly and timely — Surface Link offers a low cost alternative to restore your countertop to like-new condition in less than a day. Why choose Surface Link over another company? At Surface Link, we focus exclusively on repairing countertops (Corian, Granite, Quartz and Solid Sur..Recent Review:The contractor never acknowledged the request. I never heard from them at all.Jay W.
- Business Description:American Residential Warranty (ARW) is nationally recognized as a leading innovator in the Home Protection services industry, and our focus on outstanding service and customer satisfaction is a core part of our success. With years of Home warranty experience and top tier partners we are able provide top quality service to homeowners throughout the country. Additional DBA - American Protection Plans LLC. Additional email - firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, jbrauser@arwplan..Recent Review:was great experience. on time and saved me lot of money. Company they used was great.Josh B.
- Business Description:We are a one stop shop for all your home warranty needs. Our upbeat and friendly support team is always at your fingertips to respond to questions about your warranty 365 days a year! Emergency claims will be addressed within 24 hours from time claim is submitted and non-emergency claims will be addressed within 48 hours Monday - Friday 8:30 am - 6:00 pm. During nights and weekends non-emergency claims will not receive a call back until the next business day. Our service call deductibles rang..Recent Review:They told me it was a covered repair and to get the work done and submit invoice and they would reimburse us. We got it done and submitted the invoice. After 3 months of constant follow up they covered part of the parts charge and none of the labor. Then, following up again, they responded with, WE ARE CLOSING THE BUSINESSDebra C.
- Business Description:Additional DBAs - Fidelity Home Warranty, Alliance Home Warranty Co, FNHW, Chicago Home Warranty.Recent Review:On September 16, 2021, the air conditioner went out in my rental. I was particularly concerned because the tenant is an elderly woman, and we live in a very warm climate with temperatures near 100 degrees. I filed a claim with Fidelity National Home Warranty on-line, and paid the $75.00 service fee at that time. On September 20, a local vendor diagnosed the problem as a blown compressor. Then, the nightmare began. After hearing nothing for a few days, I contacted the vendor. He told me he submitted his diagnostic report to FNHW on September 21 and had not received authorization to replace the blown compressor. I then called “customer service” at FNHW. After being disconnected several times, navigating through countless recorded instructions, then being placed on hold for over half an hour, I was finally able to talk to “Gabriella” at Fidelity National. I explained my emergency situation, and she said it takes 2 days to approve the repair (it had already been 3 days.). That was 14 days, and numerous calls, ago – each with the same obstacle course required to reach anyone. And the claim, which is very clearly covered by the policy, has still not been approved. I have attempted to contact the company 9 times, but have only been able to reach a real person 5 times. Wait times have exceeded an hour and, two times, I was disconnected mid-sentence. On both occasions the person to whom I spoke had my phone number but did not call me back. Each “customer service” person has had a very heavy Hispanic accent, and are difficult to understand, but it is apparent that they all have the same script. Basically, it is “I am so sorry for your inconvenience, but we have to wait until the “Approval Department,” approves your claim.” When I have asked to speak to a supervisor or manager, the “customer service” rep says they are not available at the moment, but that they would call me back. Nobody has ever called me back. If Fidelity National Home Warranty is actually functioning as a legitimate business, it is the most poorly run organization I have ever encountered. But I don’t believe even the most incompetent company could consistently display the level of total ineptitude and outright indifference I have witnessed. Instead, I believe that they have purposefully adopted a business model designed to avoid paying legitimate claims by frustrating claimants to the point that they decide to pay for their own repairsWilliam G.
- Business Description:Established in 2007 Lanphere Construction & Development "LCD" is a general contractor and sub-contractor located in Beaverton, Oregon. We have 20 full time employees, expertise in a vast array of project types and sizes, new and modern equipment to handle any job, and a great working attitude to get projects done right, on time, and within budget. We offer easy billing arrangements and negotiated payment terms
- Business Description:Stewart Exterior Cleaning Services LLC specializes in exterior cleaning in order to keep your home in great condition. Give us a call or visit our website for any Home Washing, Roof Washing, Gutter Cleaning, Pressure Washing and Window Washing needs!
- Business Description:Comprehensive protection for your computers, electronics, and appliances of nearly any age or brand.Recent Review:I just looked them up on line since I knew my contractor was getting the tile form them. I also visited to pick the alternate tile I wanted when the original tile I sought was not going to work. <br /> <br /> <br /> <br /> <br /> <br /> <br /> <br />They were accessible, helpful and friendly. Just the right mix of helpfulness but let me alone when I wanted to wander and look at stock. <br /Sheryl T.
- Business Description:Financial Services
- Business Description:Moisture Warranty is the only national moisture warranty for protecting stucco homes from the damage of moisture intrusion. Protect yourself and your home and clients with MoistureFree Stucco Warranty.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful home warranty company articles
If you’re looking to add a level of protection to your home’s appliances and systems (like plumbing), you may be considering purchasing a home warranty. Keep reading to learn about the various pros and cons associated with common home warranty plans.
A lifetime warranty on home appliances, fixtures or the house itself can last far less than a lifetime. In fact, it may only last for a few years. Here’s how to figure out what “lifetime” really means and how to protect yourself.
Find home warranty companies in
- Oak Grove
- Lake Oswego
- King City
- Happy Valley
- West Linn
- Wood Village
- Oregon City
home warranty companies in Portland
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- American Residential Warranty901 NW 51st St Ste 100
Boca Raton, Florida
- American Residential Warranty
- Columbia Wealth Management LLC.904 12th Avenue
- Columbia Wealth Management LLC.
- Fidelity National Home WarrantyPO Box 8127
Walnut Creek, California
- Fidelity National Home Warranty
- INNER SOUND14927 SE 82nd Drive
- INNER SOUND
- JBC Group Solutions IncPO Box 496
- JBC Group Solutions Inc
- Lanphere Construction & Development13625 SW Farmington Road
- Lanphere Construction & Development
- MoistureFree Warranty20227 Railroad St
Cornelius, North Carolina
- MoistureFree Warranty
- Qualified Electricians15937 NE Airport Way
- Qualified Electricians
- Rescue Link8880 Ward Pkwy
Kansas City, Missouri
- Rescue Link