If you’re looking to repair an old piece of furniture, it’s important to know the difference between restoration and refinishing. Find out what you can expect from the differing processes.
Get matched with top furniture refinishers in Portland, OR
There are 17 highly-rated local furniture refinishers.
Recent Furniture Refinishing Reviews in Portland
- Ed Reinstein Fine WoodworkingDecades ago, I bought a second-hand writing desk that had a water-damaged, solid-wood top. It had a couple of major splits and was cupped and discolored. It has some minor historical significance so I finally decided to get it repaired. Ed did a fantastic job--better than I had hoped. He was able to remove the splits and flatten the top while maintaining as much of the thickness of the top as possible. He masterfully refinished the top to match the color of the rest of the desk and gave it a wood-floor finish for durability. I got several bids on this project and Ed's was actually the lowest, so I couldn't be happier. Highly recommended
- PDX Roof Care LLCCompleted the work as scheduled and pleased with the time spent and quality of the work and cleanup.
- Mr B's Recliner RepairHe was very professional and courteous in his return phone call. He gave me some alternative businesses to call or contact.
- PDX Roof Care LLCDimitri is very professional. He arrived on time, did a thorough job of cleaning and treating the roof, and then spent a couple of hours cleaning the yard and house. I will hire him again the next time I need service.
- Mr B's Recliner RepairMr B was great to work with. He diagnosed and fixed both our recliners in one visit. He knows his way around these repairs, and I was glad I called him. The cost was reasonable, and it's great to have our chairs up and running again
- Sarah Jane ReedSarah Jane is amazing. I won't use any other painter for our home. She is a true artist when it comes to restoring and refinishing wood. She took the ancient, dry, cracked, & stained gum wood and fir trim in our home (that I was sure we were going to have to replace) and brought it back to life. The period trim in our home is now so gorgeous! And she has a great eye for color. I have used her both personally and as a referral for our real estate clients who all have loved her. There is no one as good as Sarah Jane
- In-Home Furniture Repair and Refinishing by Ryan PoultonRyan was awesome to work with. Punctual--called each day before he came. Not only did he come in exactly as quoted--he deducted for two chairs because they didn't take him as long as he thought. He was methodical and meticulous. I would (will) definitely use him again!
- Ed Reinstein Fine WoodworkingChair can now be used, and he oiled and waxed the old wood, making it more beautiful than I've seen it look in 30 years!
- Ed Reinstein Fine WoodworkingHad a super good experience with this project. Great communication. Ed is an artist and a terrific person to work with. He knows wood working and the skill sets show. I recommend him highly
- In-Home Furniture Repair and Refinishing by Ryan PoultonWow. Great!. Ryan asked a lot of questions before he came out so that we both had clear expectations. He quoted me what the cost for each item was. He did a beautiful job of fixing a large chip in the door of the bookshelf and and replacing piece that had come off of the crown. You would never know either of these had been damaged. He also repaired loose boards on the drawer of the base and put in missing boards to stabilize the crown. In addition he worked with me to discuss options for refinishing the wood on 2 chairs before I have them reupholstered. He gave three several options and prices and recommended the least expensive, because it provided the best color match with out spending a huge amount of money. (He explained that mahogany shows different colors depending on the direction from which you look at it). What can I say except that I am not sure that he charges enough given the amount of time it took him and how painless it was for us to have him come and work at our house
Furniture Repair Specialists in Portland
- Business Description:We are a licensed family owned and operated business based on faith and integrity. We take pride in our craft and enjoy using our experience to our clients advantage. We specialize In siding installation, decking, fencing, framing structures, and remodeling. We know that times can be tough, and people need to save money when they can. We offer free, thorough estimates that will give you a comprehensive proposal for your project. No matter the size or scale, we'll take the time to discuss your..Recent Review:They did exactly what I asked them to do. They stayed exactly on budget and it was a good experience.Joshua D.
- Business Description:We are a eco friendly company that restores or refinishes natural interior woodwork. 2 owners, with 2 employees, we are licensed ( CCB #189632),bonded and insured. Free in home estimates, no trip fees. Special discounts for Angie's List members, 100% customer satisfaction. Over 25yrs of wood restoration experienceRecent Review:Timely response. Thorough work. Beautiful result.Greg H.
- Business Description:In-home furniture repair and refinishing service. Convenient, fast and affordable. 20 years of experience serving homes and businesses throughout the greater Portland Metro area. Specialties include FLAW REMOVAL, STRUCTURAL FIXES, and REFINISHING. Pricing is quoted up front. Free estimates anywhere in the Portland area. Serving homes and businesses 7 days a week; no extra charge for weekend work. Call or email today for an estimate. No text messages to phone, please. For more information, inc..Recent Review:Ryan was awesome to work with. Punctual--called each day before he came. Not only did he come in exactly as quoted--he deducted for two chairs because they didn't take him as long as he thought. He was methodical and meticulous. I would (will) definitely use him againKrista L.
- Business Description:Small workshop specializing in furniture painting and refinishing. We can refresh your existing furniture giving it new life with color, new stain and protective coatings. We work with customers to create a piece they love offering special finishes, hardware updates, and custom paint and stain mixes. We also do upholstery for dining chairs, benches and open armed accent chairs, cushions and caningRecent Review:Holy cow, what do I even say about Sassafrassity and Sheressa? From start to finish this entire project has been smooth as butter and the results are beyond amazing. Sheressa is a fun person to talk to and more importantly she really knows her stuff from brands and manufacturers to all kinds of different techniques and ideas to bring things back to life. I put in her hands an old hope chest from my deceased mother that I have been carrying around with me forever. It's very special to me however it was in very rough shape. The before photo doesn't do justice to show just how much wear and damage there was. One leg was completely missing and there were a few deep cuts in the wood along with countless scratches and overall wear marks. It just looked old and tired. I don't know anything about vintage furniture so I basically said use your judgement and try to make it look like it just came off the factory floor. As you can see in the after photo she did just that. It's FLAWLESS there is not one thing wrong with it and it's beautiful and even now I still can't stop looking at when i'm near. They even rebuilt the missing leg to the point where you 90+% can't tell it's a replacement and you can only tell if you saw what it looked like before and know which leg it was. I'm sure my mom would be very happy with this. I had her pick up and deliver this item as well and she took care on both visits to be careful with my heirloom. Very reasonable pricing as well although I won't quote it because i'm sure it's location based and I don't want to give implied pricing for someone way out there. Seriously thank you so so much for everything and if I decide to make my other vintage furniture items look awesome I won't hesitate to call. I still have some imported 1940's German furniture from my grandfather however those are still "working" furniture items cause of children using them. Just wait till they're older though and you'll probably have 2 more pieces coming. In closing to whoever reads this, please give this woman some business she takes pride in her work and in the age of retail apocalypse this is the kind of person and business we want to stick around and service customersTrevor S.
- Business Description:I am a highly skilled, detail-oriented craftswoman specializing in fine finish painting, wood refinishing, and mural work for 30 years now. 15 years in the Portland area. I work primarily solo, but have other licensed subs I call on for larger projects. My absolute focus is to provide the client with high quality painting and staining at a fair price. I will provide a detailed bid, and you can expect to get all the work on this bid, completed in a timely manner with true professionalism. Than..Recent Review:Sarah Jane is amazing. I won't use any other painter for our home. She is a true artist when it comes to restoring and refinishing wood. She took the ancient, dry, cracked, & stained gum wood and fir trim in our home (that I was sure we were going to have to replace) and brought it back to life. The period trim in our home is now so gorgeous! And she has a great eye for color. I have used her both personally and as a referral for our real estate clients who all have loved her. There is no one as good as Sarah JaneKari M.
- Business Description:Neil Kelly is the largest design-build remodeler in the Pacific Northwest, offering remodeling, home improvement and solar energy services through our design centers in Bend, Eugene, Lake Oswego, Portland and Seattle. For 70 years, we’ve been building a reputation for designs, outstanding craftsmanship, uncommonly good service, and consistently satisfied clients. We are a pioneer in the design/build process in the Northwest and strive to incorporate green design and remodeling elements in all..Recent Review:Excellent. High quality, attention to detail.Timothy J. N.
- Business Description:Servicing Oregon and SW Washington Since 1998. Our team at Leather Pros Inc provides permanent, like new repairs to your damaged leather furniture. Mobile & In Shop Service for Oregon and SW Washington. Our Commitment to you is providing exceptional quality repairs, offering extraordinary customer service, and giving you unbeatable value in leather furniture restoration and reupholstery. We make quality, value and service our top priority in order to provide you with the best experience in le..Recent Review:The chair and ottoman were picked up on day one and delivered, refinished, on day two! I had said how important the chair was to me as an old person but I never expected such remarkable service. They also did a perfect job refinished my old, tired chair. It looks like newFLORENCE B.
- Business Description:Bacharach Construction LLC is a licensed, bonded and insured General Contractor. Major projects include new construction, remodeling, etc.Recent Review:Bacharach Construction responded immediately, made sure that the necessary work was done, and provided attentive & professional service from beginning to end. Our project required a contractor who has expertise in a myriad of trades, and has the versatility to get the job done quickly and with expertise. Bacharach Construction excelled in every possible way. Thank you Bacharach ConstructionMark C.
- Business Description:We are a design/build remodeling company. We have gathered a team of subcontractors and in house employees in order to provide a professional, quality product.Recent Review:Matt (owner) has been hiring me to do work for him and out of all the GC's I work with Matt is the most receptive and fair. Straight Line Design & Remodel truly cares about the customers, I know because the management team there is constantly ensuring I do high quality and proper work to give the customer a beautiful remodel and so that it stays that way for years to comevadim g.
- Business Description:We are a fourth generation upholstery shop that has been in business for over 100 years, and in the same location in Tigard for 48 years. We offer 19 lines of fabrics: Kravet, Fabricut, Duralee, Robert Allen, Trend, JF, Barrow, Maxwell, Greenhouse, Rex Pegg, Burch, Keyston Bros., Norbar, Newpoint, Latimer Alexander, Trend, RM Coco, United, Tri-Vantage, and Roth & Tompkins. In addition, we have the access to just about any manufacturer out thereRecent Review:Extremely pleased and Keplers did a fanatastic job.Kurt K.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful furniture repair specialist articles
Wear and tear can damage even high-end leather furniture. Leather sofas can often be greatly improved with a little conditioner and some TLC. This guide breaks down what you need to know in order to bring your leather couch back to its former glory.
Just like humankind, furniture styles have grown and adapted in limitless ways throughout history. From ancient times to the modern era, find out how your ancestors furnished their spaces to make them feel at home.
Find furniture refinishers in
- Oak Grove
- Lake Oswego
- King City
- Happy Valley
- West Linn
- Wood Village
- Oregon City
furniture refinishers in Portland
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- In-Home Furniture Repair and Refinishing by Ryan Poulton 8915 SW Commercial St
- In-Home Furniture Repair and Refinishing by Ryan Poulton
- A Guy I Know Inc2850 SW Cedar Hills Blvd. #345
- A&R Handyman Services10025 SE 65th Ave
- Al Semrani's Custom Interiors LLC3208 SE 27th Street
- Aladdin Finishers2127 NE Alberta St
- All American Land Maintenance And Handyman785 Charles Ave S
- All Wood RestorationPO Box 66
- Archive Edition Inc12575 Crenshw Blvd
- Artisan Piano Services1010 SE Powell Blvd
- A Guy I Know Inc
- Cabinet Cures of Pdx14795 SW Murray Scholls Dr Suite 103
- CJC Home Repairs
- CLASSIC WOODS15724 E BURNSIDE ST
- Commercial Upholstery ServicesPO Box 8141
Bonney Lake, Washington
- Cornerstone Brushworks5998 A St
- Corvallis Furniture Doctor29959 Highway 99 E
- Creative Coatings & Fine Wood Finishes26601 S. Nawratil Rd.
- Crino Custom Homes L.L.C.4888 NW Bethany Blvd K5 #314
- CROWLEY LANDSCAPE MANAGEMENT Inc.P.O. Box 4426
- Cabinet Cures of Pdx
- Family Cane Shop7325 SW Scholls Ferry Rd
- FANTASTIC ANTIQUES19240 SE STARK ST
- Five Fifths Furniture2210 N. Lewis Ave.
- Foam Portland615 SE Clay St
- FRANKLIN MADDOX PAINTING9731 NE MASON ST
- FREY WOODWORKING INC.3940 SW Altadena Ave
- Furniture Repair of Camas2635 NW 22nd Ave
- Family Cane Shop
- In-ex Upholstery Supplies615 SE Clay St
- In-ex Upholstery Supplies
- J & J Leather Refinishers1929 N Skidmore Ct
- JBC Group Solutions IncPO Box 496
- JET Carpentry2335 NE 42nd Ave
- JETWOODSHOP3925 N WILLIAMS AVE
- Joel Verdon Woodcraft6635 N Baltimore
- John Erickson Construction LLC831 June Dr
- J & J Leather Refinishers
- LA-Z-BOY FURNITURE GALLERIES1135 N HAYDEN MEADOWS DR
- Lake Oswego Carpet CleaningPO BOX 1644
Lake Oswego, Oregon
- LAKE OSWEGO CUSTOM UPHOLSTERY17364 BOONES FERRY RD
Lake Oswego, Oregon
- LAZBOY17400 NW CORRIDOR CT
- Leather Pros Inc2074 NW Aloclek Drive Suite 421
- LIM'S UPHOLSTERY8259 SW CIRRUS DR 16
- Lindeblad Piano Restoration101 US Highway 46
Pine Brook, New Jersey
- Louis Marshall Jensen12000 sw Fulmar ter
- LA-Z-BOY FURNITURE GALLERIES
- Ralph Colby & Son Furniture Refinishing3636 SE DIVISION Street
- Refinish First LLC21815 SW Martinazzi Ave
- Renew Furniture Repair17785 SE 82nd Drive
- Restoration Cabinetry & Design23111 SW Greengate Pl
- ReStyle Custum Upholstery13260 NE Sacramento Dr
- Rich's Repair All17611 NE 188th Ct
Brush Prairie, Washington
- RickSutterBuilders Inc542 Wayne Dr N
- Rockstar Remodel7905 SE Ogden St
- Rodger's Upholstery11415 NE 76th Str
- RON SHEPHERD ART & REPAIRS LLCPO BOX 5998
- Rose City Upholstery7024 NE Glisan St
- Roseland Renovations4661 SE LaCour Ct
- Roselli Restoration1900 W 39th St B201
- Ralph Colby & Son Furniture Refinishing
- Sassafrassity9055 SW 190th Ave
- Seaport Painting10790 SW Derry Dell Ct
- SELECT FINISHES, INC.PO Box 690
- Sharon Caldwell Designer Cleaning201 Bina Drive
- Six A's Painting LLC2204 NW Birdsdale Ave Ste 4
- Smith Construction1999 Jansen Way
- SOPHIE'S COTTAGE LLC1050 SW BASELINE STE A-6
- Spectrum Restoration14012 NE 53rd St
- STEELHEAD WOOD WORKING21191 S JUBB RD
- STINEWAYS WOODWORKING18601 SE CLINTON ST
- Stone NW7002 NE 88th St
- Straight Line Design & Remodeling LLC4640 SW Beaverton Hilldale Hwy