Fireplaces boost your home’s coziness factor, but they produce soot, which can cause black stains on your fireplace and hearth. Follow this step-by-step guide to clean soot from your fireplace yourself, plus get professional fireplace cleaning costs.
Get matched with top chimney sweeps in Nashville, TN
There are 5 highly-rated local chimney sweeps.
Recent Chimney Sweep Reviews in Nashville
- Chimney & Masonry OutfittersChimney & Masonry Outfitters scheduled an inspection and cleaning for my real estate client promptly. Their quoted prices were very competitive with the other companies I called. They showed up on time and performed the inspection. After informing me that the chimney was already clean, they recommended no cleaning and did not bill me for the service call. I will definitely be using them for my personal needs as well as my real estate clients in the futur
- Chimney & Masonry OutfittersJob: Need to prepare fireplace to install electric logs, by cleaning, sealing flu, painting and other things that would make a fireplace look great. Also Install AC outlet in fireplace. Tyler contacted me and said they do not perform this type of work.
- Lee CompanyI am very impressed with the Lee Company. I'm very impressed with their professionalism, their responsiveness, and what they've done for me. I'm using them on a continual basis, but I'm not using them through Angie's List. By signing up for their service contract, I did receive a significant enough discount
- Chimney & Masonry OutfittersI learned it was a good thing I had not been using my fireplace without getting it inspected. There was a good deal of creosote. The floor of my fireplace will need replacing in another year and it's good to be able to plan for that. The cap on my chimney needs replacing, which they will do in coming weeks. The cost of service I am listing includes that
- Chimney & Masonry OutfittersWent really well. Technician answered all my questions and gave me insight on the fireplace in our home.
- Chim ChimneyGreat. Really liked the person they sent out. Quality work, reasonable price, and great customer service.
- Ashbusters Chimney ServiceAshbusters did an excellent job of cleaning and repairing my chimney. They also repaired the chimney cap and the cover. They are not cheap but I want professionals who know what they're doing. I highly recommend Ashbusters.
- Allegiance Chimney SolutionsThey came quick and said it needed replaced. They gave me a quote and made appointment. Installers came quick, worked hour and a half trying to install. They then decided it did not fit and they would take it back and get a correct size unit. Said they would be calling to schedule new appt. That was nearly a week ago and i have heard NOTHING from them
- ChimneyTEKI initially purchased a cleaning package for $119 through an Angie's List Deal. Chimney Tek was able to fit me in before the holidays and on my schedule in mid-December, which I appreciated. . It was a relatively quick job and the guys were pleasant. I asked for recommendations on handling the drafts (I have an insert fireplace, not a masonry one) as they examined the fireplace (there are none that don't involve insulation that has to be removed if you actually want to use the fireplace). Because there was creosote glaze that couldn't be taken care of with a normal cleaning, they recommended they come back for a creosote cleaning and also recommended additional modifications to the fireplace for safety and long term use. It does come across as an upsell, but it's your choice for these options. Since I do not use the fireplace, and my intent was to get the chimney in good shape and have it examined post 2011 earthquake, I went solely with the creosote cleaning ($350). After several reschedules due to winter weather, they came out and did the mechanical cleaning using the spray that gets rid of the glaze. I'd initially been told at the first appointment that they would have to go up on the roof to approach the glaze from top to bottom as well as bottom to top, and that it would require a fire on my part to heat up the spray left. Again, it was a quicker process than I expected with neither the roof access nor the subsequent fire needed, which was great, and the guys were respectful of the floors, etc. I asked again about the drafts, since it was the owner doing the mechanical cleaning appointment, and received the same answer about insulation. Each time they gave me 2 or 4 hour window for the appointment, and consistently called about halfway through the window to either reschedule or say they would be there within an hour or so
- Vent MastersThis was a new home for us so we were not familiar with thedual system.HVAC is different than what we were use to from Chicago. They explained what we had and gave us options on what to clean or not. We added some services and are pleased with results.
Chimney Sweeps in Nashville
- Business Description:Allegiance Chimney Solutions will take care of ALL your chimney and fireplace service, repair or restoration needs. We pledge to provide customers with exceptional service, expert craftsmanship and the best quality products in the industry. Our chimney experts are nationally certified by the Chimney Safety Institute of America. Woman owned and operated with 13+ years of experience. Licensed, Bonded and Insured.Recent Review:They came quick and said it needed replaced. They gave me a quote and made appointment. Installers came quick, worked hour and a half trying to install. They then decided it did not fit and they would take it back and get a correct size unit. Said they would be calling to schedule new appt. That was nearly a week ago and i have heard NOTHING from themjames j.
- Business Description:In-Person or Live One-On-One Online Tutoring for Any Subject, Any Age, Any Location. Standardized Tests: ACT, SAT, NMSQT, GMAT, GRE, ASVAB, ASTB, ISEE, HSPT, TEAS, TOEFL, IELTS, TOEIC Mathematics: algebra, geometry, trigonometry, pre-algebra, elementary English: grammar, vocabulary, spelling, reading, writing, listening, speaking, pronunciation, ESL, ESOL Research Papers: editing, proofreading, outlining, citations Computer: Excel, Word, PowerPoinRecent Review:Matthew was originally hired to assist my nephew in preperation for the Parochial High School Admissions exam. Building a relationship with Matthew was the best thing for my nephew. Matthew was very safe going into this situation creating a trusting a environment. Not knowing what he was walking into, Matthew quickly learned that my nephew’s academic inabilities were far more important than preparing for an high school entrance exam. Immediately Matthew begin working on creating a plan of action. He is very patient, yet intentional about holding my nephew accountable. Moreover, he follows up and send reminders for my nephew (I.e. don’t forget to bring your book home from school, remember to work on your math). Although we have a long way to go, it’s safe to say that we are seeing some progress. Thanks MatthewTyrone G.
- Business Description:We are dedicated to the comfort and safety of your family's home air conditioning system. We can not only help you breathe better but we can also help you save money too! "We guarantee to meet or beat any other competitor's pricing." Our company was established in 1998 and has been responsible for providing outstanding Vent Cleaning and Remodeling Services ever since. Our specialty is in the area of Air Duct Cleaning, Sanitizing and Total In Home Air Purification. Owner Operated. No Subs. C..Recent Review:I am very pleased with the service, They were excellent, very quick to do the work , very pleasant to work with. They came even before the time.JUDY B.
- Business Description:Chimney/Dryer Vent (Vent Technology) AND CHIMNEY REPAIRS, MASONRY REPAIRS, REROUTE DRYER VENT SYSTEMS,ETCRecent Review:Greg and James did a terrific job repairing, replacing and cleaning my dryer vent. They discovered that the dryer venting had been run through an attic crawl space and had been damaged over the years. They replaced the entire dryer vent system and made improvements. The job was accomplished very quickly because they had the necessary materials on the truck. My clothes dryer now works efficientlyMarcia N.
- Business Description:Serving TN, N AL, NW GA. Specializing in chimney sweeping, repairs, and caps! We guarantee your satisfaction and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Check out our services offered and call or click to schedule your inspect and sweep today!Recent Review:They provided an estimate. He was professional and timely with the estimate.Isaac W.
- Business Description:Our certified chimney sweeps have the ability to adapt to the challenges presented by your project at any stage of its development. They are committed to its successful completion, on time and on budget. We’ll work with you to offer the most cost effective solution, whether it be a chimney sweeping or chimney repair to dryer vent cleaning, while saving you time, energy and money. 10 employees. No subs. Cost determined by the job. No travel charges. May contact through email. Additional email ..Recent Review:Great. Really liked the person they sent out. Quality work, reasonable price, and great customer service.Richard Y.
- Business Description:Covid-19- We’re still handling HVAC, plumbing, and electrical needs, while following the CDC guidelines. Servicing Middle Tennessee, North Alabama, and Southern Kentucky 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Whether you’re working from home, teaching the kids, or simply maintaining a healthy social distance, Lee Company is here for you – just as we have been for more than 75 years. Rest assured, we’re taking all the steps necessary to protect you and our employees. If it’s on the “to do” list fo..Recent Review:The electrician could not figure out how to program the remote controls to work independently of each other. I had to figure that out on my own after he left. He told me at the beginning of the job that he would take my old fans and fixtures to donate then declined to do so at the end of the job saying his van was too full. He told me he would get me a quote on another piece of work but then never did even after I followed up with 4 text messages. He left one fixture half-finished and my home a big mess the first day. Maybe it was this just this specific electrician, but I will never do business with Lee Company againRussell M.
- Business Description:Nashville's Chimney Experts. Ashbusters Chimney Service was founded over 25 years ago on the principle of prevention. We have seen the devastation of fire up close and personal and never want this to happen again to our friends, our families and our communities if we can help it. The fact is, not all fires are preventable. However, most fires are and by doing some very simple things on a yearly basis, like getting your chimneys and your dryer vents cleaned, you are taking action. Obstructions..Recent Review:disappointing experience with Ashbusters. Saga began when I called on Sept. 24,2020 for an estimate to clean 3 fireplaces and replace gas logs in two of the three. Reps came to the house on Oct. 1 for log replacement and cleaning estimate in two fireplaces, and cleaned the third on that date. I paid Ashbusters $1949.58 as a 50% down payment for the two new gas long installations on that date.The day after they left, the gas key valve for the fireplace they cleaned was leaking gas. On Oct. 20 Ashbusters reps came out to install the two gas log sets. On October 22, asked Ashbusters for an estimate to repair/replace the leaking gas valve that started leaking after their Oct. 1 cleaning. Their estimate to fix that one valve problem was $2565.15. Remember that number. One of the two gas log sets they installed did not work properly. It required two additional visits on Oct. 26 and Oct. 29 to correct. Three visits in all to get new gas logs installed and working properly in one fireplace. Isn't this their business? Paid them the balance for a total of $3897.16. On Oct. 27 got a quote from Lee Company to repair the first leaking key gas valve for $700, an $1875 difference from Ashbusters repair quote. After the other fireplace that took 3 visits to properly install was done, there was a gas leak from that key gas valve after the last installation visit. That fireplace was still not usable due to the leak. It would not go away, so got Lee Company back out to replace that valve - cost $500. To be fair, both key gas valves were of unknown age. However, before the Ashbusters reps worked on the fireplaces, there were no gas leak issues during the 4+ years we have owned the house. But, after Ashbusters worked on the fireplaces, 2 of the three gas valves leaked and needed to be replaced at my expense. One leaking valve I considered as coincidence due to the unknown age of the valve. However, when the second valve failed after Ashbusters reps worked on the fireplaces, I sought out a refund from Mark Stoner, President of Ashbusters, for the repair costs paid out to Lee Company for gas valve replacement. To his credit, Mr. Stoner was receptive to my case and actually talked to the Lee Company tech that did our repairs. After trading phone calls and emails for a week, my request for a refund was denied on December 6. (Over two months of emails and phone calls from initial visit to get the final rejection of my request for my out of pocket repair reimbursement from them). Ashbusters argument was that their techs could not have damaged the gas valves in the course of their work. All I know for sure is this - the gas key valves were working fine before Ashbusters came in to my house, performed their services and were paid $3897.16 by me. After Ashbusters performed their services, 2 of 3 gas valves were leaking, and I had to pay an additional $1200 to have them replaced. Coincidence? Maybe so, maybe not, but before using Ashbusters for this type of service, be very aware of the potential for this gas leak issue. Also, watch everything the Ashbusters techs do, every minute they are there. Then, if something should go awry, you can be an eyewitness to recount all actions taken by the Ashbusters techs and take pictures so you have proof, and not just your story vs. Ashbusters' storyRoss S.
- Business Description:We are a full service Residential plumbing, air conditioning, heating, and duct cleaning company. we offer a 100%, iorn clad, satisfaction gaurantee. we are lisensed and insured. Additional Email - email@example.comRecent Review:Be wary! Mr Conkin installed an HVAC unit in our home in 2015. The unit is under warranty and is currently broken down. He originally offered to come on the morning of February 7th (great!), however by noon we realized he wasn't showing up. This was after we arranged to be at the home and waiting. We called and texted, after multiple attempts he said he would be there within an hour. He did not show up. Since then we have left multiple other phone calls texts and emails all to no response. We are unsure what is going onMatthew W.
- Business Description:First Southern Restoration is a family-owned business with over 20 years of experience. Nashville is our hometown and it is a priority for us to serve the residents of our community with respect and integrity. We offer honest and accurate budgets, timelines for job completion, and intelligent recommendations for follow-up care and maintenance. We want all of our customers to be happy and satisfied with the work we perform. In commercial jobs, our professionally-trained staff will make ..
Explore our Solution Center for helpful chimney sweep articles
Your chimney sweep may not wear a top hat and dance on the ceiling, but they will keep your home safe by providing chimney inspections and cleanings. Follow these steps to learn how to hire a qualified and trusted chimney sweep in your town.
Counting down the days until fireplace season? As a responsible fireplace owner, hiring a chimney sweep is your first step to a safe and cozy home. Check out the yearly prices for chimney cleanings, inspections, and common repairs.
Find chimney sweeps in
- Whites Creek
- Old Hickory
- La Vergne
- Mount Juliet
- Ashland City
- Kingston Springs
chimney sweeps in Nashville
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- A Home Repair Service6254 Owens Chapel Rd
- A-1 High Hat Chimney Sweeps1321 Paulson Way
- Advanced Fireplace Technicians1619 Church St
- Advantage Gas Service 5905 Franklin Rd
- Allegiance Chimney Solutions875 Seven Oaks Blvd
- Ashbusters Chimney Service5537 Edmondson Pike Ste 37
- A Home Repair Service
- Chim Chimney3646 Central Pike
- Chimney Quest1915 Hwy 12 S
Middle Tennessee, Tennessee
- Covenant Chimney Service6266 Central Pike
Mount Juliet, Tennessee
- Critter Control9044 S Harpeth Ct
- Custom Remodeling & General Builders100 Village Green Rd
- Customer 1st12574 N Milton Rd
- Chim Chimney
- Dryer Vent Wizard of Middle Tennessee4019 Fairway Cir
- Dryer Vent Wizard of Middle Tennessee
- First Southern Restoration355 East Harris Rd
- First Southern Restoration
- Lee Company4057 Rural Plains Cir
- Lee Company
- Sweeps & Ladders1113 Murfreesboro Rd
- Sweeps & Ladders
- The Wills Company6606 CHARLOTTE PIKE STE 201
- The Wills Company
- Window Gang306 Edmonson Circle
- Window Gang