Leasing solar panels has several pros and cons. While you save money upfront, you also forfeit the benefits that you’d get with purchasing solar panels. Here’s what you need to know to decide whether or not you should lease or buy solar panels.
Get matched with top solar panel companies in Modesto, CA
There are 20 highly-rated local solar panel companies.
Recent Solar Companies Reviews in Modesto
- Future Energy SaversThe installation started at 8 am as scheduled and was completed in 5 hours, leaving me a running solar system at 1 PM. The installer explained every aspect of the system that I wanted to know. He segregated my important house circuits and rewired them to the emergency panel which is battery powered on loss of utility supply. He explained the use of the control panel which has 5 operating modes at my control, and the use of the Generac Powerview app which gives the daily energy production, house consumption as well as output to the Utility. I now have near zero utility input on the worst summer day. I feel comfort in the system's backup capability in case of a utility blackout. My battery now covers my house loads and shields me from rising utility rates during peak hours. The components of the system are warranted for 25 years, except the battery which goes for just 10 years. Overall I am very satisfied with the system
- Solar UnionVery well. The salesman didn't put any pressure on me to buy. Then the installers did an excellent job. No complaints at all.
- CalsolarCalsolar is awesome. The sale people were very informative and answered any questions we had. They were fast to get it installed and running. The installation crew were very good and cleaned up the property after installing. I will definitely use they again.
- CalsolarA very smooth experience Mike’s communication through the whole process made it simple. Would definitely recommend Mike and CalSolar in the future. Plus extra bonus no longer paying a electrical bill!!!
- Future Energy SaversThe process from the initial sale consultation to installation was a customer’s dream. There was no stress from scheduling conflicts, unforeseen costs or contractor messes to clean up. The Future Energy Savers’ staff (from salesperson, technical crew and installers) were all professional, courteous and mindful of our property. They went out of their way when a question regarding permitting (due to our home’s electrical panel) was a concern. The permit was processed due to their extra effort. In addition, the solar panels are not lessening the curbside appeal of our house. The conduit/wire was run through the attic and is not visible on the exterior of the house. I would (and have) recommended this company to other people interested in solar energy. I have to admit, we were somewhat skeptical about the initial savings in our utility bill. I have to say after a full cycle in the heat of summer we are smiling. Our bill has reduced significantly and that is with the AC running. Solar energy was the right choice for us and Future Energy Savers was the company that delivered the best product and customer care. Highly recommend this company
- CalsolarCal Solar was amazing. Mike came out to our home and went over everything with us. Sized our system to meet our needs plus a little more. Their design team took pictures and measurements then sent us a layout. Once we approved it all moved quickly. They handled all the permits and tie in with PG&E. The installers were very professional. They even took a moment to get to know our new puppy and that helped calm her down. The system has no visible conduit on the roof it was all installed very well. From there the costumer service team took care of things and we were online within about a week. It all depends on how fast the utility provider allows you to come online. We had a great experience working with all of the Cal Solar team and would recommend them to anyone. It’s been over a year and they still check in once and a while just to make sure all is ok and meeting our needs. It’s doesn’t get any better than that. O ya the have the best warranty in the solar market. You really can’t do any better than Cal Solar
- Valley Solar IncValley Solar was one of the few companies that we talked to that actually listened to what we wanted. We wanted a solar system with a backup battery to protect against the PG&E "safety" blackouts. Most companies just proposed their standard "cookie cutter" solar system with no battery. When we reminded them that we wanted a battery the usual response was something like, "We should be able to add a battery to this system" - not very confidence inspiring. Valley Solar came with a plan that included exactly what we were asking for. They also had a no-battery system to show us in case we wanted to save some money. The installation went smoothly. The crew was very professional and did a clean and good looking job. They were always ready to explain what they were doing and why they were doing it. There were only a couple of negatives. The first was the length of time it took from signing the contract to getting the system installed. The contract was signed on November 26, 2019. It stated an estimated start date of January 15, 2020 and an estimated completion date of February 15, 2020. The actual installation did not take place until the first week of March. The second negative involved the inverter which they chose to use. It was made by Solar Edge, and can be programmed in to function in different ways. One thing that can be changed is the amount of battery energy to reserve for backup protection. This is something that we would like to change at times. If we are going to be away from home for a while, we would like to set this value much higher than when we are at home. The priorities of how the solar energy is split between being used in our home, charging the battery, and sending to PG&E may need changing as PG&E's rate structure changes. The problem is that no provision is made for the customer (who is the owner of the system) to make these changes. We have to call Valley Solar whenever a change has to be made. This makes changing the battery reserve when we go away impractical. We had Valley Solar change the settings when PG&E switched us from the "Tiered" rate plan to the "Time-of-Use" plan. But what about future changes, if Valley Solar, or Solar Edge, is no longer in business? Maybe all inverters have this same problem, which would mean that this is not the fault of Valley Solar. Despite the negatives, we are pleased with Valley Solar, and would recommend them to anyone considering solar energy
- American Array SolarAdam was amazing! He helped me through every step as I’m a new homeowner and was slightly clueless about solar panels. We had a few hiccups along the way but he was so understanding and was willing to help me out. Highly recommended to all my family and friends.
- Valley Solar IncThey were very professional and responded very quickly during the project. They took care of all the permitting process, came to the job at the exact time they said the would, completed work in one day and left the site clean. And always returned phone calls promptly.
- POWER SOLAR STRUCTURES CONSTRUCTIONI’m now Saving at least $100 a month to start - and to grow to thousands a year while also helping our environment. No money out of pocket! And Keith Burgad owner of Power Solar made this a no-brainer seamless decision. Highly recommend if your on the fence, Power with Solar for a low/no pressure quote for what I studied to be the highest quality customer service , solar panels and installation you will find. Thank you to his employee/son Tate and Keith for excellent work
Solar Panel Installers in Modesto
- Business Description:From cooling the air to heating your pool, summer can bring enormous electric bills. Make this one different. Citadel’s team of pros will install a system so efficient your bills could drop as low as $0. Take advantage of our FREE SOLAR CONSULTATION and see if solar is right for you. We have $0 down options and Financing Starting at 2.99%* WHY GO SOLAR WITH CITADEL? Most solar installers have a solar license. We have solar, electrical, roofing and general building contractor licenses. So you ..
- Business Description:Along with solar, heating and air conditioning installation, we also supply our customers with services like air conditioner and furnace maintenance/repairs. Honey’s is also a proud Dave Lennox Premier Dealer and offer a wide range of equipment that backs our commitment to excellence and our environmental responsibility . Our business is a reflection of the people we serve. We set out to do things differently. We looked outside our industry for inspiration, to companies that offer not only ex..Recent Review:Great customer service. Very helpful. Extremely affordable.lilia c.
- Business Description:CalSolar is one of the Central Valley’s top-rated residential, commercial, and agricultural solar installation companies. Sunpower Authorized Dealer Our systems are customized to our clients’ specific energy needs which provides a solar solution that maximizes the return on investment. Whether you are a savvy homeowner, a pioneering green agricultural farmer, a leading-edge facility in the industrial arena, or a utility-scale developer, we have extensive expertise to serve you. Our premier d..Recent Review:Calsolar is awesome. The sale people were very informative and answered any questions we had. They were fast to get it installed and running. The installation crew were very good and cleaned up the property after installing. I will definitely use they again.Tammy D.
- Business Description:You use gas and electricity every single day in your home, and your cooling and heating systems run year-round. When it comes to saving money, Homeowners often overlook energy-efficiency. NRG-Pros can help you find out how much money you can be saving with energy upgrades. We can also match you with the best home upgrade programs in California that make it easier on you to take the next big step to improving your home. Lowering your home's energy costs will save you money for as long as you l..Recent Review:The team at NRG Pros came to my rescue. Their attention to the details and their exceptional customer service was much appreciated. And that attention was from the workers on the roof to the VP who made several visits to my home to make sure everything was going well. You won't be disappointed...call them todayKimberly A.
- Business Description:Solar Negotiators is here to help you navigate the unknowns of solar. We work hard to simplify what can be complicated process. Our sales team views your initial consultation as an opportunity to educate you, rather than sell you. We want our customers to make an informed decision, and ultimately feel confident about their solar purchase. Solar is a lifetime investment decision. We account for what can go wrong ahead of time. We make it our mission to set our clients up for solar success. B..Recent Review:I highly recommend this amazing local, veteran and family, owned small business chock full of friendly professionals eager to help get your solar needs fulfilled. My beautiful wife and I purchased our 2400 sq/ft retirement home in the Sunnyside area of Fresno in the spring of 2018. After a couple months, I started looking into Solar; I wanted to get away from PG&E. After weighing all our options (13 bids), we felt Solar Negotiators was the company for us. From my first contact with Dawn Souza all the way through to patch and paint with Louis Duran, every single person I interacted with were professional, friendly, and eager to please. Chris Moran owner, and yes...singer of our great nation's National Anthem, (check him out on YouTube) gave me a call to hash out a deal on 55, LG335N1K-V5 Black on Black, he had on hand. He helped me with a wonderful deal. For the install we had Omar and his crew, which also included Johnny, Kevin, and Christian, at our home for a week installing a reverse tilt, 2 inverters, 55 panels on our roof. They put ALL conduit in our attic, moved our breakers into a sub-panel in the garage along with the inverters. Every day prior to leaving the jobsite, the crew would clean up. You would never even know work was going on. Mike Whitford the foreman completed the final hook up. Jackie Healy managed the project. Mike Perez came to our home and provided information regarding installation of a generator. In each instance, interacting with these individuals made me happy I selected Solar Negotiators for our solar installationJimmy K.
- Business Description:Our mission is to bring clean energy, abundant savings, and peace of mind to every single homeowner in the United States (starting with California). At SEP, we specialize in helping homeowners understand the process and benefits of a solar energy system. We offer a true white-glove service: through our process we can determine your potential savings, identify tax credits and grants, and handle your installation from start to finish. Going solar could save you up to 35% in your first year aloneRecent Review:I was mind blown with his service. I talked to 6 solar businesses before, all of them has poor customer service and the price was too high. The service was beyond amazing. It was great. The process went very smooth. One of the best experience I ever had in contacting a business. That young man was really polite. I was really happy with his serviceYordano R.
- Business Description:Founded in 2000, for over 20 years Mega Power has been one of the premier solar companies in all of California, including many cities like Los Angeles, Riverside, Santa Clara, Granite Bay, Van Nuys, San Francisco, San Jose, Pasadena, Sacramento. Complete customer satisfaction, personalized approach and attention to details are our company’s intrinsic core values. We are providing the highest quality service as we enable our customers to save money, increase their property value and help impro..Recent Review:Mega Power Electric was recommended by a friend and I found the end to end experience to be very good. They provided lots of information along the way and communicated with me step by step. There was very little I had to do, they took care of basically everything and checked in to make sure things were going smoothly along the way. All of the paperwork was handled by them including permits and township follow-ups and they did a post-install walkthrough to make sure my wife and I understood how the system worked as well as the TRECS process. I would certainly recommend them without hesitation and will likely use them againAlan R.
- Business Description:Renewable energy has recently become the smartest way to power your home, and millions of people are choosing clean energy as an investment in their future. Utility rates have reached all-time highs, while the price of solar has been drastically reduced. You have the power to get clean energy from the sun every day and put thousands of dollars back into your own pocket. We started Gold Rush Energy Solutions as an alternative to the impersonal and often unprofessional performance of our large ..
- Business Description:NRG Clean Power is California’s leading clean power provider. We leverage over 30 years of superior customer service installing solar from the south of San Diego to the northern border with Oregon. In other words, regardless of where you are in California, we can help you make the switch to solar! Not only do we offer top-tier solar services, we are also a total home performance company, devoted to sustainability and energy efficiency. We offer fully customized home and business solar instal..Recent Review:We chose NRG for our solar installation. Everyone we worked with (especially Gemma and Leila) was incredibly helpful and responsive along every step of the process. They responded to emails and texts within a day or two at the most, but usually within a couple of hours. They were patient and very helpful with all of the questions we had (and we had many!), and they were happy to coordinate with other contractors that were doing work on our house at the same time. We did a fairly detailed analysis of the quality, cost, efficiencies, and expected lifetime of the equipment that NRG proposed compared to other companies, and we are confident that they provided the best equipment at the best cost. The installers that came to our house were very professional, worked quickly, and the system was up and running within hours - very impressive. We passed our inspection with no issues and the whole process was completely painless! We are very impressed with the services and products provided by NRG and would wholeheartedly recommend them to family and friendsKayla P.
- Business Description:Nova West Solar is a local company with a big-business mentality. Our experience in the construction industry separates us from the rest. With more than 47 combined years of industry experience, we understand the construction and mechanics of buildings that house photovoltaic (PV) power systems. View our solar case studies for more information. All our system designs, engineering, acquisition of building permits, financing, rebate processing and utility interconnect services are supplied in-h..
Deals in Modesto for Solar Panels
Explore our Solution Center for helpful solar panel installer articles
If you’re making the switch to solar energy, one of the biggest decisions you’ll have to make is choosing between solar panels and solar shingles. Here’s what you need to know before you decide which option is right for your home.
What are the best states for solar energy? As the popularity of solar energy rises, the cost falls, making solar power accessible to many homes throughout the United States. Discover the top five states with the best infrastructure for solar panels.
Find solar panel companies in
- French Camp
solar panel companies in Modesto
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- A & G Brothers2 S. Wilson Way
- ACDC ELECTRICAL CONTRACTOR INC27509 ETCHEVERRY CT
- Acro Energy4213 Technology Dr Suite A
- Affordable Steam Cleaning po box 1442
- Alexander Technical Resources1263 Glenwood Ave SE
- Apex Electric1956 Faxon Dr.
- ARAM SOLAR3335 E Lathrop Rd
- Atlas Building Solutions3495 Swetzer Rd Ste. 600
- AW Construction3525 E. Forest Lake Rd
- A & G Brothers
- B & B Window Cleaning1240 Sycamore Street
- Barth Roofing Co Inc4384 W Pinehaven Ct
- BEAVERS SOLAR PANEL CLEANING3305 Fathom Ct
- Black Diamond Services1139 Magnolia St
- Bright Home Energy Services 5580 Power Inn Rd
- BTS Electric Service25 So Stockton St. Suite A
- Byers11773 Slow Poke Ln
Grass Valley, California
- B & B Window Cleaning
- Calsolar580 N Wilma Ave
- CalSolar580 N Wilma Ave
- Central Valley Solar Program527 Willis Ave
- Citadel Roofing and Solar4980 Allison Pkwy
- CityWide Roofing INC7100 Stevenson Blvd
- ClipnBox4824 Tusk Way
Elk Grove, California
- Complete Solar1850 Gateway Dr 450
San Mateo, California
- FortiFi11111 Santa Monica Blvd
Los Angeles, California
- Honey's Air & Solar501 Bitritto Way
- Honey's Air & Solar
- Sashi's Electrical2225 Driftwood Park Drive
- Scott Solar Broker125 Ascot Ave
Rio Linda, California
- Semper Solaris - Fresno177 N 1st St
- Ship Smart Inc71 Stevenson St
San Francisco, California
- Silvera Enterprises
Las Vegas, Nevada
- Solar and Wind Hybrid Systems Inc20858 Black Oak Dr
- Solar LLC.4252 Brudenell Dr
- Solar Maid10907 DIXON RD
- Solar Negotiators6701 N Milburn Ave
- Solar Shine Pros
- Solar Wolf Energy202 Worcester St
- Spring Creek Pool and Spa Inc331 Pine St
- Star Mechanical Inc17637 S Austin Rd
- Sunfinity Solar4612 Rosefille Road
NORTH HIGHLANDS, California
- SunLectric, Inc.5278 Jerusalem ct.
- SunPower by The Solar Quote4422 N. Perishing Ave D22
- SUNworks1030 Winding Creek Rd Ste 100
- Synergy Home Improvement5634 Price Ave
- Sashi's Electrical
- Universal Air2630 Bert Crane Rd
- Universal Air