Should you paint over damaged plaster? In almost all cases, the answer is no. Here’s why you should repair that damaged plaster before you paint. Plus, get tips for the best results.
Get matched with top plastering contractors in Modesto, CA
There are 6 highly-rated local plastering contractors.
Recent Plastering Reviews in Modesto
- Bautistas DrywallThomas worked for me at the Housing Authority and did a superb job, once I retired I hired him to to drywall repair, lie floors and numerous other items very happy wish he would move to Tennessee
- DJR DrywallEverything went seamlessly and fast, there was no trouble at all and the hole was patched so you'd barely even know there was a hole there before! Would hire again!
- DJR DrywallExcellent. I've had a number of folks work on my home over the years. Im a picky person, very few meet my expectations. These guys not only met my expectations but exceeded them. Im so happy to have found them thru Angie's List.
- SOD Home GroupWe just had our whole house renovation (from new windows to wood floor, new carpet, crown moldings all new baseboard, kitchen and bathroom remodeling. Removing some structure walls to open kitchen space to creating a new shower in the powder room bath and filling in the step down living room). This review is an over 3 months late. We wanted to experience the live in it and use the cabinets and drawers to make sure that everything is in good shape before we provide this review. The kitchen and bathroom cabinets are beautiful and of excellent high quality. The wood floor is absolutely gorgeous and many compliments. To be more specific, we got complements of everything in the house from the new windows, the new carpet, word floor, bath and kitchen. Oren has a good heart, a great guy that runs the show (so to speak) and honest family business. I appreciate he told us how much it will cost on certain things and to be realistic and not to spend more. Oren was able to figures different ways to save us some money. He was able to send someone back to our house to do some touch up’s that we noticed 2 months later. Of course there are some bumps on the way during the renovation but with this massive renovation we think it was not too bad and very happy we chose SOD builders. The remodeling could be little bit more organize at times but we are not in this business so hard for us to say. All the guys came are so nice and works very hard. Big start of appreciation we want to give to Jason, Juan, Oren, Avi (electrician), Brain, David, Patricia n Johan (the Plummer), and so many people to thank them. Sorry if we forgot or couldn't remember everyone. We couldn't believe all the work and details that went into the house. We are very happy with our new beautiful home. We definitely get a big smile every morning when we walk down to our new kitchen to make even coffee or food. Thank You Oren and SOD builders!!
- Lancaster PaintingI've hired Lancaster Painting to do work on my home at least two other times. Each time, consistently, they've done a fantastic job. As a matter of fact, I regrettably hired another paint contractor to paint the exterior of my home, and I should've known better and should have gone with Lancaster. Prior, Lancaster Painting removed popcorn in my son's room and office, re-textured, and painted. It was quick and painless. This time, however, there seems to be a new texture guy, which looking at our texture, it looks more like a "spackle" texture than California knock-down. It also looks like the texture guy was running out of mud halfway through my ceiling, so it looks sparse halfway through. Also, this same person drywalled and textured my garage, which started to peel and crack the very next day after it was finished. For these reasons, my husband and I decided not to proceed forward with the rest of the project. Let me emphasize this, however: this is ONE guy out of the crew; after the garage and living room, we just felt uncomfortable having the guy finish the project, so we did what we felt was best and stopped the project (if you see the photo, the texture in my son's room was done by a different person versus the texture done by the most current guy). Lancaster Painting was understanding. The project manager says he will come and touch-up (fill in the sparse areas with more mud) and sand the living room ceiling (some parts are rough) and fix the peeling/cracks on the ceiling in the garage, so we're definitely grateful and looking forward to that. THANK YOU, Lancaster Painting for your superb customer service
- Lancaster PaintingThese guys are fabulous. They've worked with us on several projects, and we've been completely happy with the results. In this project, we removed the dated fluorescent box light from our kitchen and replaced it with recessed lighting. This of course left a hole and outline in the middle of the ceiling to deal with. After Lancaster's professional work, the kitchen is beautiful, and you'd never suspect that it had a facelift. On to our next project
- McClure Plaster & Paint IncWe have a long masonry wall between neighbors, when it was first put up by prior owners, they didn't plaster it. We had one section of it plastered. They showed up when they said they would and did the job quickly. They forgot to plaster one small jog in the wall at one end and when I brought it up, they apologized and returned ver quickly and did that section as well. They matched the texture and color to our garage which is across the backyard. We are very happy with the work
- McClure Plaster & Paint IncThe house had stucco damage to the Styrofoam columns and the garage opening. I needed to repair it without painting the entire house. Bill showed up and explained what needed to be done and that he would try to repair and match paint as best he could. His team showed up a few days later and did the stucco repair. The following week Bill called to tell me that he tried spot painting however because of a slight difference he recommended painting all of the repaired area. It came out fantastic and the repaired area looks identical to the rest of the house. Would highly recommend Bill for any stucco or paint work
- McClure Plaster & Paint IncIt went very well. They did a really good job. They did an excellent job on the texturing, they textured the whole outside of our house. They arrived on time each day they were here (3 days total). We had 5 men here to do the work and they were very, very good. All of the workers were helpful and respectful
- D Hogan Drywall IncHe was the only one that returned my phone call. They did an amazing job. I would definitely recommend them again. He came out personally and did the quote and he did a lot of stuff for me that he didn't charge me for. He smoothed out a lot of the texture in the bedroom that was already there. They were super clean. They were done quickly. They did it all in one day
Plaster Contractors in Modesto
- Business Description:Drywall repair Specializing in textures and water damage removal and restoring wall and ceilingsRecent Review:Thomas did a very good job and was very clean. His price was also very reasonable and he was very prompt with his response.Chris H.
- Business Description:We have been in the Drywall business for over 15 years. Our work is 100% guaranteed! We can do it all and do it right. Offering video-calling for same day FREE estimates on applicable projects. We provide quality drywall work from patching, matching textures, installing sheetrock, to textures of any kind - even complete home remodels! We are a family owned company who is capable of doing any sort of work and we value your businessRecent Review:They did an amazing work . I will give them 5 star in all category , They were excellent. I can call them directly like when there is a spot on the wall, immediately they fixed it the next day. I highly recommend them to anyone who need drywall service. Fantastic work. 2 thumbs up. Kindly reach out to me for a new projectFrank F.
- Business Description:Lancaster Painting is locally owned and has 25 years of experience in residential & commercial painting. We are fully staffed & equipped to handle any size interior & exterior painting project throughout the Central Valley, and have earned a reputation for dependability, quality service and workmanship. To help with the process of "turning your house into a home" we provide our customers with a Project Leader, specifically assigned to their painting project from start to finish. While teamin..Recent Review:Eddie was very helpful in planning and working with our budget. The painters were very pleasant and patient with my 3 year old running around. They were also very efficient and the paint came out beautiful. Love Lancaster PaintingShelby H.
- Business Description:Drywall Contractor: Family owned with a Great Crew. We are dedicated on providing our Customers with the highest quality and service.Recent Review:Honest, fair and nothing good peoplePaul M.
- Business Description:We pride ourselves on being the best option for our customers, our staff has a great commitment with each client and we give our best effort in each job as if it were our own home. Throughout the years we have never lost our commitment to our clients and that is what has allowed us to succeed in the industry that is already very competitive, we are committed to our purposes and our customers so they are happy and satisfied with our workRecent Review:The owner Jaime showed up on time he was very professional he gave me his business card and he went to work right away, when he was finished I couldn’t believe how different it looked from start to finish you would have never even known that there was a hole there. This gentleman knows his craft. I would highly recommend him for all of your plastering needs I give him five stars ⭐️ ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️👍🏻�Kami H.
- Business Description:As the owner of Keathley Quality Painting, I can assure a positive experience with my company to all my customers. I can promise you will be thrilled to see your decor vision fulfilled. I am a Painting Contractor with over 20 years of painting experience. I stay up-to-date on the latest paint products and techniques for paint applications. I have a positive approach, always helpful, and enthusiastic on all my jobs big or small. If difficulties arise, I will rise to the challenge and focus on..Recent Review:I have already recommended them to my grandson. They always answered questions, returned calls and have the best personalities ever. Their recommendations were right on for what I wanted. I would recommend them to anyoneAlice K.
- Business Description:Sears Home Services is America’s #1 appliance services provider. Our thousands of experts based throughout the U.S. deliver guaranteed quality and workmanship. We work on most makes and models whether they were purchased at Sears or not. We take care of your house so you can enjoy your home. Only Sears offers 3 unique ways to save on appliance repairs! 1. Standard Repair Service + 90 Day Guarantee • Cost is provided after technician diagnoses the problem • 90 day guarantee on parts a..Recent Review:It was okay, he was a gentlemen. I was happy.Rose E.
- Business Description:We are a family owned business and have been building swimming pools since 1971. Our objective is to maintain the highest standards within the pool industry, so that our customers are happy with the finished product. We are always striving to find new products that will meet the needs of our clients. We want the surface of your pool to be smooth and easy to care for. We've helped thousands to create a backyard oasis of fun and tranquilityRecent Review:Pretty pool, worst experience I have ever had getting to it. Their crews are messy, Regena said they are not essential workers during this pandemic, but failed to call me and tell me that, after a week I called. (Guess what they are working now. )Didn't fail to collect the $4000.00. Crew left trash in my pool while they were working between pools. The crew came back to pick it up and yes they were mad after I texted Regena, but it was glue canisters, nails and crap. They didn't even ring the doorbell when they came back, just walked on it to my courtyard slamming the door on the way in. I asked them to not slam it on the way out. Guess who. The blonde guy. (See pic) not professional at all. The unused booster pump is still sitting there connected to the electrical box. I have no booklet for the light so I'm not sure how to use it. I have asked three times for it. NOW my pool equipment is making a horrible bubbling sound and it is right next to my master bed room so I hear it all day long. I just had new pool equipment put in the last two years and they TELL ME TO CALL ANOTHER COMPANY BECAUSE THEY ARE TOO BUSY TO LOOK AT IT. OMG REALLY. I didn't have this noise before you worked on my pool. On top of this every time I asked a question to the blonde guy(pic) in the crew he never knew the answer and told me to ask Randy. Well I didn't know who Randy was, but appropriate answer for a business should have been" I don't know, but I will find out for you". Was never told to get a new pool sweep, asked Regena what kind and Regena ghosted me until my husband called. The crew told me they could order it and Regena never have responded to me about ordering it either. Do yourself a favor. Don't use them. I have waited years and years to do this, was so excited to finally do this and disappointed in the experience is an understatementSheri G.
- Business Description:Absolute Lath & Stucco has years of experience in the trade as well as the construction industry in general. We specialize in lath, stucco, plastering, repairs and decorative touches. Residential & Commercial. Servicing the Bay Area and occasionally beyond. Call us today for a free estimate. From room editions to million dollar homes, we can can help
- Business Description:AIC has been a family owned and operated company for fifteen years; we have an understanding for work situations. AIC Services has always strived to develop and cherish our long time relationships with customers. AIC attains the majority of its business by referrals made from previous clients. AIC makes every effort to meet customer’s needs, but we thrive by surpassing our customer’s expectations; our work speaks for its self. We here at AIC have trust in our company and our employee's, as su..
Explore our Solution Center for helpful plaster contractor articles
You can find plaster walls in a lot of older homes. What’s behind these walls—whether that’s lath or calcimine—can have an impact on how long they last. Finding out the age of your house can help you determine what you’re dealing with.
Plaster is a sturdy wall material that has a tendency to crack. Most plaster cracks are cosmetic and don’t pose any harm, but it’s important to find out what is causing the cracks anyway. Learn why plaster cracks and how you can avoid damage.
Find plastering contractors in
- French Camp
plastering contractors in Modesto
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- 5 Star Pool Plaster Inc7275 National Dr # A
- 5 Star Pool Plaster Inc
- AAA Painting & Construction2927 Magliocco Dr
San Jose, California
- Absolute Lath & StuccoPO Box 748
- Adams Pool Specialties7 Wayne Ct
- all cal construction and drywall424 s.willow ave.
- all crown spec. in crown molding,& baseboards ,2437 Veneto Ln
- AAA Painting & Construction
- Fresh Coats Lath & Plaster3313 S Mitchell Rd
- Fresh Coats Lath & Plaster
- HARTT'S POOL PLASTERINGPO Box 3026
- HARTT'S POOL PLASTERING
- Keathley Quality Painting1701 Scenic Dr
- Keathley Quality Painting
- Lancaster Painting228 N Center St
- Lancaster Painting
- Northstar Property Services1614 Courtyard Drive
- Northstar Property Services
- ORConstruction Innovations1217 chicago avenue
- ORConstruction Innovations
- Quintero Painting2800 Raceway Ct
- Quintero Painting
- Runyan & Runyan ConstructionPO Box 1626
- Runyan & Runyan Construction
- Scott Redenbaugh ConstructionPO Box 1503
- Scott Redenbaugh Construction
- Zion Builders Inc2309 W Alpine Ave
- Zion Builders Inc