Plaster is a sturdy wall material that has a tendency to crack. Most plaster cracks are cosmetic and don’t pose any harm, but it’s important to find out what is causing the cracks anyway. Learn why plaster cracks and how you can avoid damage.
Get matched with top plastering contractors in Modesto, CA
There are 4 highly-rated local plastering contractors.
Matching on Angi
Recent Plastering Reviews in Modesto
- SOD Home GroupWe just had our whole house renovation (from new windows to wood floor, new carpet, crown moldings all new baseboard, kitchen and bathroom remodeling. Removing some structure walls to open kitchen space to creating a new shower in the powder room bath and filling in the step down living room). This review is an over 3 months late. We wanted to experience the live in it and use the cabinets and drawers to make sure that everything is in good shape before we provide this review. The kitchen and bathroom cabinets are beautiful and of excellent high quality. The wood floor is absolutely gorgeous and many compliments. To be more specific, we got complements of everything in the house from the new windows, the new carpet, word floor, bath and kitchen. Oren has a good heart, a great guy that runs the show (so to speak) and honest family business. I appreciate he told us how much it will cost on certain things and to be realistic and not to spend more. Oren was able to figures different ways to save us some money. He was able to send someone back to our house to do some touch up’s that we noticed 2 months later. Of course there are some bumps on the way during the renovation but with this massive renovation we think it was not too bad and very happy we chose SOD builders. The remodeling could be little bit more organize at times but we are not in this business so hard for us to say. All the guys came are so nice and works very hard. Big start of appreciation we want to give to Jason, Juan, Oren, Avi (electrician), Brain, David, Patricia n Johan (the Plummer), and so many people to thank them. Sorry if we forgot or couldn't remember everyone. We couldn't believe all the work and details that went into the house. We are very happy with our new beautiful home. We definitely get a big smile every morning when we walk down to our new kitchen to make even coffee or food. Thank You Oren and SOD builders!!
- Bautistas DrywallIt went great, He showed up on time to look at the work and then showed up right on time to do the work.
- Bautistas DrywallThomas worked for me at the Housing Authority and did a superb job, once I retired I hired him to to drywall repair, lie floors and numerous other items very happy wish he would move to Tennessee
- Lancaster PaintingI've hired Lancaster Painting to do work on my home at least two other times. Each time, consistently, they've done a fantastic job. As a matter of fact, I regrettably hired another paint contractor to paint the exterior of my home, and I should've known better and should have gone with Lancaster. Prior, Lancaster Painting removed popcorn in my son's room and office, re-textured, and painted. It was quick and painless. This time, however, there seems to be a new texture guy, which looking at our texture, it looks more like a "spackle" texture than California knock-down. It also looks like the texture guy was running out of mud halfway through my ceiling, so it looks sparse halfway through. Also, this same person drywalled and textured my garage, which started to peel and crack the very next day after it was finished. For these reasons, my husband and I decided not to proceed forward with the rest of the project. Let me emphasize this, however: this is ONE guy out of the crew; after the garage and living room, we just felt uncomfortable having the guy finish the project, so we did what we felt was best and stopped the project (if you see the photo, the texture in my son's room was done by a different person versus the texture done by the most current guy). Lancaster Painting was understanding. The project manager says he will come and touch-up (fill in the sparse areas with more mud) and sand the living room ceiling (some parts are rough) and fix the peeling/cracks on the ceiling in the garage, so we're definitely grateful and looking forward to that. THANK YOU, Lancaster Painting for your superb customer service
- Lancaster PaintingThese guys are fabulous. They've worked with us on several projects, and we've been completely happy with the results. In this project, we removed the dated fluorescent box light from our kitchen and replaced it with recessed lighting. This of course left a hole and outline in the middle of the ceiling to deal with. After Lancaster's professional work, the kitchen is beautiful, and you'd never suspect that it had a facelift. On to our next project
- McClure Plaster & Paint IncIt went very well. They did a really good job. They did an excellent job on the texturing, they textured the whole outside of our house. They arrived on time each day they were here (3 days total). We had 5 men here to do the work and they were very, very good. All of the workers were helpful and respectful
- McClure Plaster & Paint IncWe have a long masonry wall between neighbors, when it was first put up by prior owners, they didn't plaster it. We had one section of it plastered. They showed up when they said they would and did the job quickly. They forgot to plaster one small jog in the wall at one end and when I brought it up, they apologized and returned ver quickly and did that section as well. They matched the texture and color to our garage which is across the backyard. We are very happy with the work
- D Hogan Drywall IncDon and his crew were extremely professional, conscientious, and clean. His quote was a little higher than the others, but well worth it for the services he and his crew performed. He was extremely knowledgeable, and even offered to discuss my repair work with other contractors we were getting bids from to make sure they were doing all the right steps. As anyone who has had sheetrock done in a house knows, it get be extremely messy, but Don and his crew tented the area, and cleaned up after themselves. The did their best to make this process as painless for us as possible. The final cost actually came in under the bid, and didn't ask for payment until the job was done and we were satisfied with the service. Don's wife Terri was here several times and was considerate and knowledgeable as well. I would definitely use them again for any job that I had for my house whether it was more repair work or painting. It's worth a little more to know it's done right and that you and your home will be treated with respect. Thank you Don and Terry and all the crew
- D Hogan Drywall IncHe was the only one that returned my phone call. They did an amazing job. I would definitely recommend them again. He came out personally and did the quote and he did a lot of stuff for me that he didn't charge me for. He smoothed out a lot of the texture in the bedroom that was already there. They were super clean. They were done quickly. They did it all in one day
- McClure Plaster & Paint IncWe had quite a bit done. They did a very good job. They taped everything that they had to do before they painted so there was no mess in the windows. Yes, I would recommend them to family and friends. Their clean-up could have been a bit better in the front but they did a good job as far as plastering is concerned. Their price is a little above average
Last update on October 27, 2021
Plaster Contractors in Modesto
Explore our Solution Center for helpful plaster contractor articles
Should you paint over damaged plaster? In almost all cases, the answer is no. Here’s why you should repair that damaged plaster before you paint. Plus, get tips for the best results.
You can find plaster walls in a lot of older homes. What’s behind these walls—whether that’s lath or calcimine—can have an impact on how long they last. Finding out the age of your house can help you determine what you’re dealing with.
Find plastering contractors in
- French Camp,
plastering contractors in Modesto
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- Keathley Quality Painting1701 Scenic Dr
Modesto, California 95355
- Keathley Quality Painting
- 5 Star Pool Plaster Inc7275 National Dr # A
Livermore, California 94550
- 5 Star Pool Plaster Inc
- Adams Pool Specialties7 Wayne Ct
Sacramento, California 95828
- Adams Pool Specialties
- California State Plastering4132 Astoria St
Sacramento, California 95838
- California State Plastering
- D Hogan Drywall IncPO Box 1385
Manteca, California 95336
- D Hogan Drywall Inc
- HARTT'S POOL PLASTERINGPO Box 3026
Turlock, California 95381
- HARTT'S POOL PLASTERING
- JERRY UTKE CUSTOM DRYWALL448 View Point Ave
Oakdale, California 95361
- JERRY UTKE CUSTOM DRYWALL
- McClure Plaster & Paint Inc4617 Main St
Denair, California 95316
- McClure Plaster & Paint Inc
- Premier Pools & Spas5057 Kiernan Court D
Salida, California 95368
- Premier Pools & Spas